Start by marking “Exposed (Unguarded, #1)” as Want to Read:
Exposed (Unguarded, #1)

Exposed

(Unguarded #1)

We were on opposite sides of the law.

He was a cop.
She was a criminal.
Together we were chaos.
Our worlds collided with a violent crash, the impact stronger than either of us could have ever imagined. But we didn't realize until the damage was done and we had more than just broken bones.
Leaving our hearts unguarded only led to destruction.
It exposed us both to a war we never
Published October 12th 2015 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exposed

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

Fate. I never believed in it. Fate was a bitch I wanted to bury. But one chance meeting, one touch, it left me questioning everything.

You know how sometimes you read a book by a new author and you just know that this is someone that you're going to be hooked on for a long time? Exposed by Ivy Stone was that book for me. It was a page turner I never wanted to set down. The writing was complex, enthralling, with a touch of grit and incredibly sexy. The characters were well developed a
TORI
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
3-3.25 Stars

I liked this one and would have rated it higher but I had a problem with the intensity between the main characters so soon in the story. From the first meeting they are so intense that it just didn't feel natural.

Lindsey has come to a strip club to pick up her sister and ends up walking into a standoff. During this standoff the police raid the building. They blast through the front entrance and Mason shields her body from gunfire and then helps her to her feet afterward. This is her
Petula
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey is only eighteen when her mother dies. Now it's up to her to look after her younger sister. The way she does it is not strictly legal.
Years later the choices she has made will come back to bite her.
Mason is a detective who deals with the major crime families. When a bust has to be rushed, because one of his team was recognized , the whole thing turns into a bloodbath.
Can Lindsey save her sister? Can she keep the sexy cop from discovering her secrets?
Mason has a few secrets of his own
Emma
Oct 11, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 28%

This story was all over the place!!!! I'm so confused by the great reviews for it, it's so badly written, it's like a first draft for gods sake. I'm so disappointed because I loved the premise of the story but it was just terribly executed. Maybe I'll pick it up another time...
Komal Chandwani
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-reads
LOVE THIS STORY TO BITS! LINDSEY AND DETECTIVE COLE ARE JUST FANTASTIC!!

I am suffering from a book hangover. Ivy Stone has done a brilliant job with this story. Exposed is one of the best reads of 2015! I am in love with the story of Lindsey and Mason.

The way Ivy Stone has presented the story is mind blowing.We have our alpha cop who happens to be cute and sexy at the same time. On the other hand we have a strong independent kickass woman. Both of these characters are stubborn, but they give i
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 0-arc-done
I waited so long to get my hands on this ARC. This being my first book by Ivy Stone I couldn't wait to start it. And I was not disappointed. This is certainly an author I look forward to reading again. Without exposing anything, JUST READ IT.

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest opinion.
Lesley Book Lover
This could be a good story, but I found it to be all over the place, things missing, with a bit of work it could be five stars I think.
Once Upon a Twilight
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Exposed is just WOW. Lindsey grew up different from others with families, love etc.. When she was just 18 Lindsey and her sister Ali lost their mother. From the moment on, Lindsey took care of her sister. She did what was needed, which was a different kind of life that included breaking the law. But she is great at what she does and ends up living life for work and her sister, of course, untill one day when she meets Mason. Then she wants more and so does as her heart request. They have an unbel ...more
Abbey's Fully Booked
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have been intrigued by this book since I read the blurb and just never got around to reading, so when I was approached with a chance, I jumped at it.

To be honest, I did struggle at first to get into the book however as soon I got the main grit of the story when the two MC's "bumped" into each other I was hooked.

I found Ivy's writing addicting, and it literally kept me engrossed from page to page. The story line in my opinion was unique and a standout compared to some of the more recent reads
Tracy Supple
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you love a kick ass female heroine and a hot as sin alpha male then look no further than this book.

Ivy Stone delivered such a strong story line that covered many aspects such as danger,addictions, heartache, love and also the struggles of dealing with inner demons.

The main characters and supporting characters are so well written you can't help but get sucked into their story.

How far would you be willing to go to protect and seek revenge for the ones you love ?
You never really know until you h
Jessica Alcazar
Copy provided by Give Me Books Promotions for review
I'm not gonna lie, the blurb sold me on this book from the start
He was a cop.
She was a criminal.
Together we were chaos.

As soon as this appeared on my kindle, I left work to read ... and read I did, way into the night! It was a delicious page turner I didn't want to put down for a second. It was gritty and sexy and and it smoldered slowly into a ridiculously incredible volcanic eruption. Our heroine is tough and sexy and our hero matches her pou
★♡Tamara♡★
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Exposed - Ivy Stone

I was lucky to enough to be given an arc of exposed & im so privileged to have been given it. What an AMAZING story! I started reading this as soon as I relised it was on my kindle. I struggled to put this down and stop reading so I could carry on with every day life This is Ivy's debut novel and first in a series and it was beautifully written,the story line flowed peferctly. I can't fault this at all. Detective Mason Cole is swoon worthy.I loved him, he's a stubborn alph
Debb
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! After reading debut author Ivy Stone’s first book, I can’t wait for the next!
Exposed was exciting with a great story line, Lindsey Jenkins had to grow up fast and look after her younger sister. With life giving both girls a rough start they do what they must to survive. Then Detective Mason Cole comes into their lives and turns things upside down. Ivy has given the reader an insight into the lives of her characters, I was taken on a journey with Lindsey and Mason and totally loved where it
Evie Harper
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
LOVED EVERY SECOND OF MASON & LINDSEY'S STORY!!!

Hold on tight to the edges of your kindles/books because Ivy Stone takes you on one hell of a ride!

Miss Stone doesn't just give you amazing writing and a plot that keeps you turning the pages like a lunatic, but you'll cry, you'll scream and your heart will break for the struggles these characters are going through.

And the secondary characters are also wonderfully written. I fell in love with Ali and I'm already dying for book #2, Divided.
Jess
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Loved, loved Mason and Lindsey's story. It made me cry, laugh and scream, everything I want in a story!
Past and present for Lindsey and Ali broke my heart, yet both never stop fighting in their own ways to survive.
This story is full of twist and turns so I don't want to give too much away, so I'll just say I LOVED THIS STORY and can't wait for book #2 which is Divided, Ali's story. :)
Lustful Literature
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
**JOSIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW**

Exposed by Ivy Stone is book one of the Unguarded series, and boy does this author ever start this series off with a bang. I am a New York City girl, and I absolutely loved how the author detailed specific areas and the allure to the City life there. After I read the blurb I knew this book was going to draw me in and did it ever. Once I started it was hard for me to put down. Ivy Stone gives readers her all in Exposed. We get danger, an alpha NYC detective, a strong, f
Christi Snow
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Review:
My Rating: B
Overall, this was a good book. I enjoyed the characters and the setup of the story. I loved the whole cop team of Mason, Roamyn, Cassidy, and Elias. There are a lot of scenes with this group and I'm hoping there is more stories for the rest of them. I especially love how it seems like they all agree that there are shades of grey in what's right and wrong. Not a single one of them got on a high horse about what these two sisters might be up to. They look at the facts and the
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

I really liked this book. For a debut novel, this book was amazing and kept me on my toes until the very end. This book was quite suspenseful and super steamy at times. Right from the beginning, I was sucked into this story with so many questions swirling around. While at times things might seem confusing, I promise it all comes to head at the end and will leave you with wanting so much more and tons of questions. This book does not end on a cliffhanger but sets up book two nicely.

This i
Nikki Reeves
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This was a fantastic debut novel by Ivy Stone. I was literally sucked in from the first page. Mason is a total alpha male in every way and Lindsey is a very hotheaded independent woman that can hold her on. There were a lot of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat and just when you think you have everything figured out…. You have no idea.

Lindsey had a horrible childhood. I felt so bad for the things that she had to encounter but it also made her the woman she is today. She takes
Maryna aka Ryna
*Advanced Readers Copy received in exchange for an honest review*

Okay so again this will be a short review because I’m at work and I cannot spend a lot of time typing out a review without people seeing. This book sounded interesting the moment I read the blurb. Now as a blogger who adores reading and I love finding new authors. This is my first time reading Ivy Stone’s book. This book was okay but it needed more for me.

I really liked Mason’s character. He is a perfect alpha male but he is also a
Carra
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it
When I first read the blurb for Exposed, it had me intrigued to read the book. I don't normally read stories that deal with organized crime, and so this story was a bit of a detour for me.

My favorite thing about the book was Mason's character. He really is the perfect guy-strong, alpha detective but also a loving father. For me, Mason was the absolute best thing about this story. And as far as characters go, Roamyn was my second favorite--there's so much more to everything between him and Lindse
Amanda
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First, let me THANK Author T. L. Smith for sharing this book in her group on Facebook otherwise, I never would have found my newest obsession. Thank you lady!

This book from beginning to end had me HOOKED! I immediately connected with the characters and just had to know more about Lindsey and Mason... HELLO, HOT AF DETECTIVE MASON COLE! This story was so well written and detailed. I loved how this story was paced out and the palpable connection between Lindsey and Mason jumped off the page me. T
Wednesday Stanley
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
As a blogger but mainly just as a reader I love finding new authors (At least new to me) and new books. And Mrs. Stone is actually a new author to me. I haven't read any of her books and I thought this one sounded interesting.

I really liked Mason's character. He's dealing with raising a daughter on his own, after his daughters mother passes in a accident. He has a job that dangerous most day's. And he's an all around s#xy alpha male.

I thought Lindsey's character was alright. She had her
Heather Cook
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Exposed by Ivy Stone is an amazing first book in her Unguarded series. Exposed is about Mason and Lindsey. Mason is a cop with stuff he is hiding from everyone about a takedown gone wrong but he does everything he can to keep it locked away. Mason also has a daughter that is his everything. Then Mason meets Lindsey and he cant seem to get her out of his head but he knows she is keeping something from him and he is determined to find out what it is but when he finds out will he run away from her? ...more
Natalia
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

LOVED this book! It was a great story that had me glued to my iPad for two days! Here is what a I loved:

1) Loved that the female character is a BOSS, she can kick anyone's ass at any time! I love how strong Lindsey was, she was a great female character, zero drama, no mopping around stuff. I really enjoyed reading her story.
2) Mason was just perfect, the guy was hot, a detective and did I mention hot? Plus he was a single parent?? what else can we ask for! He was really strong too, swee
Brit
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog by the lovely author for an honest review

Title: Exposed
Genre: Contemporary
Age Group: New Adult
Characters: Mason Cole, Lindsey Jenkins
Point of View: First - Dual
Happily Ever After: (view spoiler)
Release Date: October 12th 2015
Date Read: October 16th, 2015
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

What an amazing and refreshing debut from Ivy Stone. And was privileged to rece
Breanna Eichhorn
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book has been sitting on my kindle for awhile and I'm mad at myself right know for waiting so long to read this book. I loved that I was pulled into the story from the first page, that the story is very well written and that the characters are very well developed. I also loved that I felt very connected to the characters. This book is Mason and Lindsey's story and I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
loves 2 read romance
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of those that completely wrap you up and hold you. I was mesmerized by the storyline and the characters were sensational. Mason is a book boyfriend dream and Lindsey is a sassy spitfire. This is one of those definite must read books.
Sarah Blazewick
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow. amazing. i can't even describe how much i loved this book. (:

(my reviews are always sort and sucky. haha)
  • Under the surface ( Love is not enough, #2 )
  • Because of Beckett (Torey Hope #2)
  • Uncovering Hope (Uncovering Love, #3)
  • Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
  • Her Sister's Secret
  • Hot Rebel (Hostile Operations Team, #6)
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Landry's Last Love
  • Love, Laughter, and Steamy Ever Afters
  • A Song for Sophie
  • Broken Pieces
  • Race to Kill (Love and Scandal, #1)
  • Stroker
  • Winning the Boss's Heart
  • Lawless
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5; The Precinct #21)
  • Behind the Altar (Behind the Love, #1)
  • Soul Enslaved (Sons of Wrath, #3)
"Mother. Lover. Dreamer."

Ivy Stone is an Australian author. She is a self-confessed lover of alpha males and happily ever afters. Getting lost in a fictional world is how she discovered her passion for writing. When she isn’t daydreaming up new romantic stories she’s likely to be found spending time with her family.

Ivy writes sexy romance and is the author of the Unguarded series. She also loves t

Unguarded (4 books)
  • Divided (Unguarded, #2)
  • Undefined (Unguarded, #3)
  • Untitled (Unguarded, #4)