Start by marking “It's More Than the Music: Life Lessons on Friends, Faith, and What Matters Most” as Want to Read:
It's More Than the Music: Life Lessons on Friends, Faith, and What Matters Most

It's More Than the Music: Life Lessons on Friends, Faith, and What Matters Most

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Gospel music's most successful composer shares the amazing story of his life, revealing triumphs and tragedies from which everyone can learn.
Published October 1st 2004 by FaithWords (first published October 15th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about It's More Than the Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's More Than the Music

Jeff
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book by Bill Gaither. Having been to one of the Gaither Homecoming Concerts, and being a musician that works with some Southern Gospel singers, I can feel the love in the room as BG describes those wonderful moments. The Gaither's contribution to the advance of gospel music is almost immeasurable. This book carries on the story and reveals what many of us know, that the makers of Gospel music are real people, serving a living Lord, and as Gaither makes the point it really i ...more
Duane
Nov 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing book by Bill Gaither! If you're a fan of his Homecoming series then this book is a absolute must read. He includes numerous behind-the-scenes stories, which I've always wanted to know about. We learn about Bill from his childhood to his current endeavors with the Homecoming video series. Great personal stories of his family and friends make this a great coffeetable book for anybodies house.
Brian Meadows
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brian by: Lynne Meadows
I have loved the songs written by Bill and Gloria Gaither over the years. Their music was very influential and inspirational to me when I first became a follower of Christ many years ago and has continued to be so ever since. Being from Indiana, I have been in their shop in Alexandria. I have also appreciated how the Gaither Vocal Band has continued to showcase new talent, propelling many of them on to their own carers in music. Bill has a real gift for this and his own humility allows him to ma ...more
Peg
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not usually a fan of biographies but Bill Gaither is one of my favorite peoople. It was interesting to read about how he got started in the business and grew into the institution he and his Homecoming group are today.
Anthony
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A surprisingly good read... Bill's story is very transparent, and seeing God's bringing Bill full circle back to his roots when Bill was giving up and "retiring" is very inspirational. Fan of the Homecoming stuff or not, this is a great biography. Very interesting.
Dawn
Good story but not for those who are looking for a fascinating page turner.
Melissa