Start by marking “Enlighten (King Arthur and Her Knights, #5)” as Want to Read:
Enlighten (King Arthur and Her Knights, #5)

Enlighten

(King Arthur and Her Knights #5)

It took Britt two years to be crowned King of Britain, raise Camelot, and establish the Round Table. It takes only a moment to bring everything crashing down on her. With the reveal of Britt's biggest secret comes the revelation that her knights might never forgive her. While Britt flees for the safety of London and her knights wallow in anger at Camelot, help comes in the ...more
ebook, 1
Published June 11th 2015 by Take out the Trash

Start your review of Enlighten (King Arthur and Her Knights, #5)
Alison
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Have to admit I was a little disappointed in book 4 in the series but in this one everything I love is back.

There is a heck of a lot crammed into just over 100 pages but it remains very readable and exciting. It's well written, other than the odd typo, and keeps you completely hooked from start to finish.

Britt Arthurs is definitely developing more as a character and takes a huge step forward in this one. She's definitely one of my favourite book heroines. Smart, brave and knows her limits.

My fav
Lynn
**Review of the series as a whole rather than the individual books.**

KM Shea lets you know right up front what her stories will be. They will be some type of fantasy (usually), end happily and neatly tied up and are meant as a break from life rather than to be deep thinking. This series delivered exactly what was promised.

This is more of a series of novellas except for the last book that is full length. It's a fun story reimagining the King Arthur Legend. In it, a young woman named Britt is brou
Evora Blake
Absolutely fantastic in nearly every way! I completely adore this series and its strong and admirable heroine. This newest addition is everything that I had hoped it would be. There are a few little editing errors but those are easily overlooked. My only wish for this series is that they were longer but I understand and, in a way, appreciate their brevity as each addition tackles a new concern. To be honest, during my daily life I find myself thinking about this series the most and wondering abo ...more
Teya Teya
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nooooooo!!!!! What it ends like THAT! Okay I have to know when the next one is out!! Grrrrr! Obviously I'm really into this series. It's so good. Girl power and standing up. Can't wait for the next one!
Brittany Jean
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
C.M.
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good story, but it did feel like the heroine gave up a bit too easily. And why was Lancelot even allowed in the room when "it" happened? That guy really should have been arrested. Banished. I don't care, but it drives me nuts that he got off scott-free for his actions. However I absolutely loved how the girls have gotten together to for the "Lancelot Hate Club". Those scene are by far some of the funniest in the book. I can always count on K.M. Shea's books to give me a good laugh when I ...more
Sarah Ruth
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this whole series! I got the first book free somehow, and was totally hooked. To be clear, when I saw the title and heard the synopsis I totally eye rolled. Really -King Arthur is a girl and time transported?!! But then I read it and I LOVE the series. The twists from the original story were great- a sexy Merlin? It took some getting used to, but now #yesplease. And sometimes when life is hard or I’m dealing with conflict, I think “what would Brit Arthurs do?” I highly recommend the whol ...more
Kara
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enlighten both amazed and touched me very much...with all the action and wit this series has contained, I think so much of it stops here as Britt has to figure out her next move without Merlin's help. She also has an encounter with someone that I simply loved. It was very revealing how the women she knows as well as her knights respond. I didn't think she was cowardly in her response at all. I thought Britt showed more courage and determination than ever before. REALLY wanted Lancelot to get jus ...more
AR
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The one we’ve been waiting for

It finally came, her secret revealed. I wasn’t sure how it would be revealed but thought it was done really well; I liked the mix of responses and seeing the journey a lot had gone on. Also the sneak part of the real Arthur was some nice closure. Hoping for some more romance in the next two books, but know it’s hard in this case. Can’t wait for the next two books.
May
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Britt's secret comes out, and lots of crazy things happen! Thankfully Britt manages to get everything under control. I also like the cute trio of Britt, Nymue and Morgan. They are very perceptive and a much needed touch in Britt's life. There are some cute Merlin and Britt moments too! I really liked it.
Cindy
Loved this one! And here's a great thing - even if you know the Arthur legend, don't think you know how this series is going to go! It's entirely fresh ground.
Kathryn
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
5/7 Loving that everyone finally knows.
Melanie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm in love with this series! I can't wait to keep reading!! :)
Celaena
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Britts gender is revealed (not a spoiler if you read the summery on the back) eather way a lot of stuff happens. It's brilliantly written. I am done. Next one!
Tricia Mingerink
This is such a pivotal book in this series! Love it so much!!!!
Andrée-ann
So much is happening in this one. be ready for a epic ride!
Jassa
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They know. THEY KNOW. And we meet the real Arthur. I wonder when they will let that secret out
Kati
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My nightstand is full of half-finished books, and yet I CAN'T PUT THIS SERIES DOWN. Devoured this one in a few hours, and on to the next!
Michelle
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Britt's secret finally comes to light in this next adventure for our time traveling heroine and she has to work hard to fight to save Camelot. I figured this would have to happen eventually, but I really like how things worked out. It had the right amount of drama without getting too much angst or too ridiculous.
Anna
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
To start off with, let me just say that the King Arthur series is my favorite out of all Shea's books. Brit is a realistic character with fears and strengths just like any human being, and Merlin is swoon worthy.
That said, I didn't particularly enjoy this installment. Brit was on her own for most of the book, and though she had a heartwarming encounter with the actual Arthur, it seemed to take away some of her spunk. She hardly had any interaction with Merlin, and I found their camaraderie sore
Jillian
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can't put my finger on what it is that makes me love these books so much! They are short and sweet, I love Britt as Arthur, I am generally a fan of Arthur stories, and I LOVE when females are forced into male roles. This classic story switched all around is so much fun to read! I always have such a good time immersing myself in the story. This is book 5, and the story will continue on. They are written like little episodes to the greater story, always making me crave more but at the same time ...more
Deborah
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have to say that I think this book is one of the better ones in this series.

The different charters have already being developed by this point in the series and it was good to see the way in which they react to the new situation which they are flung into. The interaction between Merlin and Brit in this book isn't the banter which happened in the first few book before their visit to Merlin's mentor, and I am missing that I hope they get comfortable again with each other soon. And Lancelot well.
Liza
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
While out Britt ends up fighting for some Lord and is injured by Lancelot. Britt's biggest secret is revealed and Merlin is nowhere around to help, so she flees leaving her men angry and confused. While Britt travels towards London to escape the looks on her knights faces, they are back in Camelot angry and acting out. To some among the inner court and Round Table Britts identity as a woman is not unknown. Lancelot is surprisingly silent as the other speak out against Britt. Britt makes the deci ...more
Shell
details details, the plot thickens

I enjoy this serious so much, Britt is one of my favorite characters in a book!!! This book like many have said is not as action packed and has a slower feel because of the information and details that are coming together. I can't wait for the next one. I really miss some of that spunky banter between Britt and Merlin so I am hoping that they can get back to a place like that!
thao vi
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I adore k.m. shea's retelling of king Arthur and his knights (in this case her).

This is what I would call a bridge to prepare us for the next book.

I love how she went about weaving the storyline and making it more interesting and I can't wait for the next book to come out. I'm very interested as to see where Lancelot and Britt's relationship goes and how it develops with merlin.

I can't wait for the next book in the series.
well written and well done author.
Lei
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't have the adventurous flair the previous King Arthur and Her Knights books possessed. That said, it wasn't bad. I felt as if Enlighten was just there to move the plot along. The reveal was the only thing that happened. The characters we've fallen for weren't as big of parts, although Britt did gain some character development. I'm still very exited for the sixth book.
Katy Bear
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
K. M. Shea is one of my favorite authors ever. <3 This book was just as enjoyable as the others. Read it in a couple hours and I am already mourning that there are no other new books for me to read. It was a great page turner. I enjoyed every minute of it. Can't wait to see where this adventure goes next! ...more
Shell
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Allison
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the best of the King Arthur and Her Knights series to date. It starts slow, but once it gets going I was riveted by how the knights would take the revelation of Britt's gender and whether Britt would manage to fix things.
Gawain is particularly awesome; turns out he knew all along. Also, a surprise character that I did not expect to see yet turns up at the end.
What do you think will happen? 1 6 Jun 05, 2015 05:32PM

• An Unnatural Beanstalk (Entwined Tales, #2)
  • A Beautiful Curse (Entwined Tales, #4)
  • A Bear's Bride (Entwined Tales, #3)
  • The Desperate Quest (Second Age of Retha, #2)
  • Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • The Luckless (Second Age of Retha, #1)
  • An Inconvenient Princess (Entwined Tales, #6)
  • A Little Mermaid (Entwined Tales, #5)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles #3)
  • Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)
  • Princess of Secrets (Fairy Tale Adventures, #2)
  • Voyage (The Kingdom Chronicles #6)
  • The Revived (Second Age of Retha, #3)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #6)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
K.M. Shea is going progressively bald from pulling all of her hair out when she writes.

She has a BA in Print Journalism and a minor in Japanese. She's worked as a freelance reporter, a librarian, a blogger, and an author. She lives in the country with Perfect Dog.

King Arthur and Her Knights (7 books)
  • Enthroned (King Arthur and Her Knights, #1)
  • Enchanted (King Arthur and Her Knights, #2)
  • Embittered (King Arthur and Her Knights, #3)
  • Embark (King Arthurs and her Knights, #4)
  • Endeavor (King Arthur and Her Knights, #6)
  • Endings (King Arthurs and Her Knights, #7)