Start by marking “Twist (House Of Payne, #3)” as Want to Read:
Twist (House Of Payne, #3)

Twist (House of Payne #3)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  587 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Tattooist. Artist. Dreamer.
Angel had been a schoolgirl when she came to House Of Payne, a displaced princess with only a fanciful imagination to her name. Now the world clamors for her designs, but that means nothing to Goth tattooist, Twist. Long ago she craved to see admiration in his sexy dark eyes, but after years of enduring his contempt, she’s given up. Leaving the H
Published May 31st 2015 by Stacy Gail

To ask other readers questions about Twist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twist

Soonya
I'm completely in love with this hero! Twist is now in one of my faovirte heroes list and I loved this story!

The first book in the series was meh for me, and I didn't bother with the series as the result. Today, I decided to read this book and boy, was I kicking myself for not starting it sooner!

Angel and Twist work in House of Payne, which is the best tattoo design company in the world. They are great artist with worldwide fame. They do not get along.
Angel is 23 years old, and she came to work
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Wow I absolutely loved everything about Twist.. He was the perfect balance to the fairy tale personality of our heroine Angel. These two melted my heart in so many ways.
Absolutely loved their love story and rating the book alone on the romance.. 10 stars all the way

The rating here definitely would have been 5 full stars for the story.. if not for dynamics of secondary characters that were inappropriate in their context of "friendship". That was totally my moral and personal taste issue and pr
RJ
Highly enjoyed this!!

Twist was an awesome hero! :)
Emily
Angel is fed up, she joined the House of Payne knowing her talent had gotten her there, but when they take an idea of hers and refuse to let her be a part of it, she wants out. When she injures herself though, it just prolongs the inevitable. What Angel doesn't expect is Twist inserting himself into her life and taking care of her.

Twist has let his sour mood for Angel lead his actions toward her, he wants her and has since the first day he saw her. Believing she was too young, he has bided his
Lindsay
4.5

I loved this book. I loved how Angel stood up for herself, how she didn't bow to what others wanted and how Twist tried to take care of her. Even the suspense part was well done.

My only issue (hence the 4.5 instead of 5) was that once Twist and Angel got together, they tended to get overly sweet with each other. And that persisted throughout the rest of the book. But, that's just a me thing. This book really was awesome!
Kelly
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You know when you read a book and you have one character who resonates with you a little more deeply? For whatever reason. It might be that you've had the same experiences or the author wrote the crap out of them and made you all emotional or they're just so darn broken you want to see them find their happy ending. With this book, what I felt for both Angel and Twist was pretty balanced.

Angel's breakdown over being the peacemaker and the one who always handwaves the bad stuff. I GOT THAT. She di
Naksed
The second book I have read from Stacy Gail's House of Payne tattoo romance series. It has the same trope of enemies turning to lovers that Rude did but was less satisfying. Gail writes scorching hot, tender and romantic contemporary romances with a dash of suspense thrown in, but in this case, I was not comfortable with the trope that H bullied and belittled h because he loved her sooooooo much. It's this kind of "he only pulled your pigtails because he's crushing on you" b.s. that we raise our ...more
Cyndi
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe
This book was ok for me. I enjoyed Twist and Angel together, but I wonder if he would have ever stepped up and told her how he felt if she hadn't been mugged? Also, Twist was in love with Angel for years, talked to his family about her, and painted a portrait of her that hung in his home, but there was never a mention of him being celibate while he was in love with her. He loved her for 5 years and was in prison for 4 years prior to that. 9 years of celibacy would have been worth a mention. Twis ...more
Juliana Philippa
“I’m doing what I want to do.”
“I can’t imagine that taking care of me is what you want to do.”
“Then your imagination sucks, because I don’t want to be anywhere else but where I am right now.”
This is my first book by Stacy Gail and it was terrific. Angel was a fabulous heroine, but let me tell you, Twist really stole the show, wowzers. He quickly and easily made it onto my favorite heroes shelf. He is a hot, grumpy, rough, tattooed, tortured delicious mess and I ADORE him. He's so sweet and car
Jos
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Beautiful Stars

I fell in love with Twist and Angel in Steele's book so I just HAD to go backwards to read their story and oh my.....it was so sweet and beautiful!

I loved how connected I felt to both Twist and Angel and what I really loved was how much of their emotions I could literally feel while reading. Once these two finally succumbed to their feelings....it was magic.

Twist, oh gosh, this beautifully tortured man, he was the best!!!! I loved and adored him from the start and by the end of
Fatimama
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Coz I really like love-hate romance and this was fun because the Hero was head over heels crazy in love with the heroine for years and all his attention was on her. However, the heroine thought that Twist (H) was bullying her. See, Twist isn’t the most suave of romantic leads and when he speaks, he comes off as a jerk even though all he wants is for the girl to notice him. This is prolly my fave in the House of Payne :)
I.Heart.Romance
⭐⭐ 4.5 Stars ⭐⭐

“I’ve been waiting so long for you to see me.”

* * * S P O I L E R S * * *

♦BOOK: #3, HOUSE OF PAYNE series, 90k words. Can be read as a standalone.

♦WRITING: Great - Witty, natural dialogue. Dual, alternating POV.

♦EDITING: Tolerable, but needs some work - several missing/incorrect words

♦HERO: Oliver "Twist" Santiago, 30(ish)--Tattoo artist at House of Payne, specializing in dark, gothic art. Ex-con, spent four years behind bars for the beating of the man that tortured his little s
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
I liked it overall but I would have beat Twist into the ground many, many times. lol
Talltree
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Sheryl
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*
Peichris
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book with the continuation of the House of Payne series. Scout is a strong woman who grew up in the foster system and had a rough life. She's accepted it and moved on to find beauty in everything. Ivar is French nobility but grew up with a strange childhood with no love. They find each other but have to learn to trust and love each other. It was a great romance.
Tarsha
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series that I've read. This was pretty good. I loved Twist! I thought he was so awesome but he could have went about a couple things a different way. Might have helped with Angel. Angel was a trip. I liked her but she was annoying at times. But some of that was because of the things Twist did. But he meant well. This was more a tale of boy likes girl, but boy doesn't think he's good enough for girl. Girl hates boy, but then she goes to love boy after she realizes h ...more
Lady Lioness
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you find yourself saying at any point, 'How on Earth can Angel forgive Twist for such asinine behavior?!?', just stop reading. The book is predicated on the idea that Twist acts like a shithead for justifiable reason. I, for one, completely buy into this and Twist is actually my favorite book of the series. The part, towards the end, with the doorjamb, I completely melted. It was so sweet.

Of course, if a guy tried that high-handed crap with me in real life, I'd be out of there so fast, there
Widala
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome and wonderful!
I just loved Angel. Even though at the beginning she was portrayed as a naive childlike girl but she grew into a wonderful woman. She was so mature and supportive when dealing with Twist. She had her doubts but she always put Twist first and always tried to be positive.
A wonderful match for Twist.
Twist, although a bit too overprotective, but there's no doubt his love for Angel. And I'm glad he finally forgive himself.
They're a wonderful couple.
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the previous stories in this series, so I can say it goes well as a stand alone.

I really like the macho, alpha Twist. He was OTT caring and only wanted the best for the h, even if that means it isn't him.

I liked that our h was not a doormat and that she questioned Twist's feelings to ALMOST the point of too much and then relented.
Overall a very quick, easy read.
Erika
I liked it so much that I bought the other two in the series! ;)
Jeni
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had doubts and I'm not sure why. I often get uncomfortable reading past book 1 or 2 of a series because it often goes off the rails or loses it's momentum, and in this case I'm glad I didn't let that get in the way of actually reading this one. I finished book 2 thinking, wow, that was better than book 1 and after finishing book 3... I'm thinking this was my favorite. That being said... if you read this be prepared. I did NOT like Twist for the first couple chapters. Actually, I'm not sure I e ...more
Melinda Bogue
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Twist

My lord how soft hearted Twist is. From the other books perspective you would have never known how much he cared for Angel but when put into context it makes a huge difference. Who knew a concussion could totally flip your world upside down. Angel is strong in her own way but because of her size she's always trying to prove she's good enough. While Twist is trying to prove he's not good enough because of the horrible tragedy that happened to his sister he blamed himself for 8 long years. It
Geraldine
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the series and my favorite so far. I liked the overbearing alpha, who thought he could get away with it, but I loved the tiny spitfire strong female even more. Gorgeous supporting characters too.
Lynda
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I HAVE THOUGHTS about this book, but I think I'm too annoyed right now to articulate them. Maybe I need a blog post.
Jenn
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ink-men
Twist and Angel have a love-hate relationship. One feels love and one feels hate.

Angel is fed up and done with the House of Payne. She tries to quit, like she does in book 2, but no one takes her seriously. Unfortunately, on the night that she quits, something happens to her causing Twist to step into his protective role, as usual, and this time- he can't be torn away from her side. Angel isn't sure how to get rid of him or to get her boss to take her quitting seriously.

Twist doesn't know how t
Dar
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Angel and Twist were just too perfectly amazing together - loved them!!!

We've seen these two clash in previous books, and our whimsical Angel has had quite enough as this book starts, she is done with all the craziness. She doesn't feel appreciated or taken seriously and the situations with Twist have reached epic proportions. She literally cannot take him anymore and has to walk away from House of Payne. She doesn't make it far, you know, because she is mugged, and our story can finally start

Th
Phoebe
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased
4.25* I really liked Twist!

I picked this book up having not read the previous and I really liked the dynamic between Angel & Twist.

I'm not usually a fan of I don't like you - I can't keep my hands off you and thank God this wasn't that way. It was clear that Twist was head over heels for Angel from the start. I really loved his tough guy - I'm gonna take care of you whether you want me to or not Little Girl! And let me just say I loved when he called her that.

From the first moment I saw yo
Miranda Whore
Yes. Yes. Yes!

Twist is the third book in the House of Payne series by Stacy Gail, it can be read as a stand-alone, but the whole series is amazing so you're insane if you don't start from book one!

I think the author is just trying to ensure I never sleep again. I can't stop with these books and Twist is no different. I swear I start with the I'll just read for an hour mentality and then I realize I haven't moved in three hours and the book is nearly finished!

Twist and Angel are so volatile tog
Pet
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought Payne was my favorite SG book until I read Scout, then I thought... yep that's the ONE, baby. Then I read Twist. Oh man, if I could make gif's (and please note I actually find the over use of gif's eye roll worthy) I would have the Mask's beating heart gif thumping in the middle of this review.
(view spoiler)
  • Pretty In Ink (Bodies, Ink & Steel, #2)
  • Indelibly Intimate
  • Permanent (Indelibly Marked, #1)
  • Innocent Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #2)
  • Harder (Stark Ink, #1)
  • Dare You Forever (Brothers of Ink and Steel Novella 2.5)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • Lucky Numbers (TroubleMaker, #3)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Chained
  • Tattooed Emotions (Tattooed, #1)
  • Over the Edge (Over the Edge Series #1)
  • Justice Inked (Cowboy Justice Association, #7)
  • Ink Lust (Lust for Life, #1)
  • Written in Ink (Montgomery Ink, #4)
  • A Captive of Fear and Desire
  • Line of Fire (Greenway Range, #2)
  • Torn (LOST, #4)

House of Payne (6 books)
  • Payne (House Of Payne #1)
  • Scout (House Of Payne, #2)
  • Rude (House Of Payne, #4)
  • Steele (House Of Payne, #5)
  • Max (House Of Payne, #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be