Start by marking “Wiggly the Worm” as Want to Read:
Wiggly the Worm

Wiggly the Worm

Follow the adventures of Wiggly Worm and his best friends (Snarky Snail, Rattles Snake, and Munchy Mosquito). Wiggly and his friends live in a backyard garden. What happens when they decide to explore outside the yard?

This is an excellent storybook for early readers, reading aloud at home, and as a bedtime story.

5 fun short stories for kids Includes "just for
Published May 27th 2015 by Hey Sup Bye Publishing

Start your review of Wiggly the Worm
Jennifer Price
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is an adorable collection of 5 very short children's stories about a group of garden friends.
(wiggly the worm, Rattles the Snake, Munchy the Mosquito and Snarky the Snail)
It was very nicely put together with a bit of a comical twist in a few of the stories.
If I had one complaint it would be that there is only 1 picture per story. But the stories are so short you may not even need more then that.
Over all I gave it 5 out of 5 starts.
Glen
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, animals
A fun yet preposterous children's book, that features, among other things, a guilt ridden mosquito and a friendly rattle snake. I wonder whether this is really a children's book, or some kind of parody?

The illustrations are good.
Darlene
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute story. Wiggly Worm and his garden friends build a town. Having a story about each character is nice; the reader gets to know what each character is feeling and see what their perception is.
Mel Ann
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The stories were great and easy to read to my babies. I loved the little activities through the book and even learned a new quick snack recipe for my kids.
Amelia Halls
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Amazing awaits an award and 5 stars you have to read it. Read to kid at bedtime. I love it
Miranda
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute, seemed a bit sparadic in the explanations or reasons for things. Not 100% sure the kiddo understood some of it. But he seemed to enjoy the fact after each story it had a craft idea.
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun Short Stories for Kids...

More often than not children relate themselves with the characters of a good story. In such circumstances, reading fiction can help them to get inspiration from the characters. These stories often portray real life implications through anecdotes, and as such makes it easier for them to understand the complex aspects of life. Moreover, reading these stories at regular intervals can actually help them to develop a positive outlook towards life, which eventually proves
SA Krishnan
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story about four friends – Wiggly the worm, Snarky snail, Rattles snake and Munchy mosquito.
There are one illustrations per story and it is very cute and the story talks about the daily backyard activities from the point of view of the creatures. Immensely enjoyable for children.
Biondatina
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s-reading
A bedtime children tale about the adventure of "four friends" who are living in a backyard a worm, a snail, a snake and a mosquito!
Teresa Caldwell
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
The giraffic photos of worms scared my children and have them ngihtmatres. Pleas econsider blurring these dissection photos that were shoved into the book they were printed out on paper and didn't make any since being in there but THERE THEY WERE!!!!!!
I did like the story about the mosquotiio but I don't think I want my children knowing about them because of their ability to give you the bug flu that they spray for all of the time when I used to live in florida.

love,
terry
Eboni Cook
Nov 26, 2019 added it
Shelves: week-6
Text-to Teaching Connection:

This book is about Wiggly and his friends live in a backyard garden. What happens when they decide to explore outside the yard. It would be an great introduction to incorporate science into teaching and learning. I would take my class outside where we would go beyond our school garden to explore the different insects living outside the perimeter. We would compare and contrast the different leaves, insects and even the texture of the soil.
Tommy
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was truly a phenomenal story. I was attached to all the characters, and I was so happy to see all of their stories resolve with happy endings. I highly recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a good story.
brandy griffiss
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
It sucks

Sucks
Cool
Great and it was a little bit of an adorable book
Sucks
I don't think you can use the
Bodies Williford
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bodie

It is a good book but a only for little kids or big and it is good book and funny!
John C Cobb III
Sep 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
Haylee Avis
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
my daughter loved this book
Nam H Hwang
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice simple read

My 6 year old fell asleep to this simple story with likable characters. Looking forward to the next read soon.
Briar's Reviews
Wiggly the Worm by Arnie Lightning is a sweet, little collection of short stories.

Not only is this little book delightful and fun to read, it has some great activities relating to the stories at the end of some of the stories. It combines some engaging interactive fun with this story and can give you some ideas of what to do when playing with your little ones.

I wish there would have been activities for each story. I think that would have given this book a little extra joy and made this book sta
Bhavya Sirmour
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wiggly the Worm is a collection of 5 short stories. This book describes about the life of 4 garden creatures- Snarky Snail, Wiggly The Worm, Rattles Snake and Munchy Mosquito. They are different yet they always help each other. This book has a chapter on every character which helps the child know about the character. This book is suitable for the age group 4-9 years. Wiggly and his friends can teach you the value of harwork and friendship. A book about fun and happiness, I would rate it 5/5 star ...more
Kahanishala
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
 A worm who have a dream of building a town? A Rattle snake who saves a girl from drowning? A snail who lost his grandfather and feeling lonely? A Mosquito who want to stop biting people? Or an apple who want to be eaten?

Wiggly and his friends live in a backyard garden and one day they decide to explore the outside world. This Book Wiggle the Worm has all this adventure stories of their excursion in the real world. Including some fun and easy to do activities for readers.

These short stories have
Pooja Singh
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book was too cool. the imagination and the publisher did a good job. It was a short and sweet book with good content I like wiggly because his creative .in general the book was very nice and I did like it. I would love to suggest readers of Goodreads to read this book
Nicole O'Connor
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A decent length book with a few colour illustrations. Good layout and well-edited. The age recommendation states 4-12 but this is too broad; maybe it is roughly aimed at 6-9 year-olds. The author should check the exact age category with a librarian or junior school teacher. The stories were pleasant but not true to life; fantasy is acceptable up to a point. Example: the friendly rattlesnake who saved a child's life. This kind of misinformation is dangerous. I hope kids who visit the country do n ...more
I DRM Free
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wiggly the worm is a children’s book by Arnie Lightning. The digital version at least has very few pictures and the words are not designed for the child to read. This book is for the parent to read to the child. However I found the stories to be cute and entertaining and would expect a child would enjoy them quite well. A nice simple book about a worm and his friends, a snail, snake and a mosquito. There is basically one story per character in the book and a new character is introduced in the fi ...more
Teresa
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
It was okay, just not what I expected. My grandson is very precocious at 4, but even so, I thought this was a book that was not well rated for a 4 year old to be included in the age range. It is mostly a word story, with very few pictures...but the cover makes it seem like it will be a picture story in only 28 pages. Grandson is close to making the jump, but like I said, the range just isn't realistic.

Just make the age level appropriate.
Becky Lamphear
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: olivia-reads
My girls (2 and 5) LOVED this book! They would ask "lets see what Wiggly and his friends are up to today" and then I would read them a chapter. They loved the activities and building the bug city! so creative so fun to watch them think together on what a city consists of and what a bug needs in theirs! We will definitely read this again, as well as more from the series!
Bree Coffman
Sep 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not at all

Wasn't what I was expecting. Looking for a kindergarten book with fun and colorful pictures.
She was okay with me reading it to, but I felt it need a better fun fact too it.
Dustin Christie
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great children's books. Highly recommend.

The book is simple to read, but has depth that is not usually seen in children's books. The author does a great job in teaching life lessons wrapped into a cute children's story.
Amanda Yvonne
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun short stories

Fun short stories about animals at the bottom of the garden. There's a few activities in there to do with older kids. Short stories a few pages each. Note: this isn't a picture book.
Lindsay Leygraff
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book for beginning reader. I like how there are questions at the end to promote reading comprehension.

Great book for working on n reading comprehension-I like how there are 3 question s at the. End of the stories
Susan
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One thing about a kids book to me is that kids gotta like it. My godchilldren liked all the little stories and characters in the book. And you know they like it when an antsy 22 month old sits through the story and does not fall asleep.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bearstone: With Related Readings (Glencoe Literature Library, #8)
  • Bedtime Stories for Kids
  • Diary of Steve the Noob 8 (An Unofficial Minecraft Book)
  • Christmas Stories for Kids
  • Cedric The Shark...Gets Toothache!
  • Spike the Dinosaur
  • Happy Monsters!
  • The Tale of the Clownfish and the Great Shark
  • Willy the Whale: Short Stories, Games, and Jokes!
  • Mickey the Martian: Short Stories, Games, Jokes, and More!
  • The Runaway Bunny
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Finley the Fish
  • Crabby the Crab
  • Paddington's Adventures (I Can Read!, Level 1)
  • Coronavirus: A Book for Children