Start by marking “First Impressions” as Want to Read:
First Impressions

First Impressions

(To Be With You #1)

This is a NA book and is intended for 18+ readers. It contains adult language, sexual innuendos, adult humor and mild sexual encounters with situations that could be uncomfortable for some readers. Also if you have a soft spot for squirrels, you may or may not want to read this book . . . Please keep these warnings in mind, and I hope you enjoy.

He spilled
Paperback, First, 317 pages
Published 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about First Impressions, please sign up.

Start your review of First Impressions
Laura  Redmon
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Raccoon Stealing Wrenches Stars!

This was absolutely brilliant! I haven't laughed so much in awhile.

Gabby: oh boy, this girl is fiesty and just how Trace Martin wants her. She attends a frat party with her BFF. There she meets Trace. Well rather, he runs into her, literally, spilling beer on her, making an a$$ our of himself, and making Gabby's first impression of him, not stellar.

Trace: The first time he sees Gabby at a frat party a year prior, he believes it's his one
Sara
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a good reads giveaway! It came to me signed with a note and really cute stickers and bookmarks! The story was really fun! You get caught up in the banter between Gabby and Trace! I found myself laughing aloud a few times.
AnessaRenee Reviews
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The title of this book says it all. First impressions sometimes make all the difference in a situation. But does that mean they are always the truth?? This book really makes you think outside of the box and makes you questions your first instincts. Trace and Gabby don't start out on the right foot but does that mean it always stays that way. This book has so much depth to it. There's so many twists and turns that makes its better than your average college love story. It addresses real life situa ...more
Kelly Tress
What a great story!

5 massively huge stars for this one! So sarcastically funny I couldn't breathe. I wanted to yell at the characters for being so oblivious to how they felt for each other at times. So many things kept getting in the way and way too many misunderstandings. I even cried a bit in this book, from laughing so hard it hurt to the sweetest things that were said and done, had tears rolling down my face! Overall I LOVED it! Fan-freaking-tastic! I can't wait to read more from this aut
Melinda
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was blessed with the opportunity to beta-read First Impressions and it's one of those books that once you pick up you absolutely can't put down until you're done. If you like a great storyline that makes you laugh out loud this book is the perfect one. I highly recommend it and I know you won't regret purchasing it.
Jessica Byrd
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good!

This was funny, romantic, suspenseful and just well put together! Can't wait to get the second book!! One of my new favorite authors!
Amanda
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short review. Have you ever had a bad first impression that lead you to never giving someone a second chance? Then this is the book for you. Author V. Kelly does a great job of asking and exploring the question if a first impression of someone who they truly are or should you give them a second chance and get to know them before really judging them.

The first half the book had me disliking Gabby, she was naive and didn't seem to learn from her previous relationships that sometimes a g
Marley
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book, it has funny in it but it's more of a endearing story of second chance verses first impressions. You never read a book where the guy is emotional invested from the beginning and I loved that.

I loved Gabby and Trace. Gabbys parent were the best hands down. And Brit I swear I wish she could have had her own book, I really loved her to pieces.

Gabby is a college student. After years of being know as the 'cheat girl' by her best friend, Brit, because all the guys she's b
Tina Todd shobe
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm just going to start off saying that I LOVE THIS BOOK!

So far in Gabby's life she has been cheated on by every boyfriend she has had. She's really leary of getting involved in another relationship

Trace saw his 'dream girl' a year ago at a party and before he could get up the nerve to talk to her she leaves with another guy. He's been hoping to connect with her ever since.

Trace and Gabby meet when she attends a party at his frat house, with her best friend Br
Colleen
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I happened to meet Vanessa in a group on social media. She offered me her book to read since I was in her group & felt everyone in it should have read at least one book of hers. We chatted back & forth for a while. She sent me a clip from a future book of hers & I absolutely died laughing! As soon as I finished reading the current book I was already into I picked up First Impressions.

I must say that I was so NOT disappointed! Not only was it a great story with twists & turns,
Brandy Roberts
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted a copy of this amazing book V Kelly has turned into one of my favorite authors can't wait to see what the next book is going to be i didn't want first impressions to end Kept me interested and always guessing what would happen next i hated that i had to put it down for sleep stupid work :p but write when i got home a$$ on couch kindle in hand :) the story line was something i haven't read before and i loved that it also makes the reader fell emotion and when authors do that you know ...more
Michaela Duarte
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This is the first book that I have read from V. Kelly and I have to say that I am impressed *wink wink* . no seriously, that I was great! A friend had recommended Vanessa’s books and I found out about this one. The main characters in First Impressions Trace Martin and Gabby Meyers, first meet, there is one misunderstanding after the next. This is book is obviously about first impressions and how it affects our opinion of them. Both main characters, Gabby Meyers and Trace Martin make the bo ...more
Becky
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was lucky enough to beta read this and it was fantastic.I found myself laughing out loud and getting increasingly weirder looks from the people I worked with whilst I was reading in my lunch hour.

The title for this is perfect as it is an underlying theme throughout the whole story. Gabby, having had bad past experiences, mistakes Trace's nervousness for cockiness and instantly categorises him as the type of boy she needs to stay away from. As a result of her past experiences, Gabby
Amanda Stewart lawrence
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Crissy
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was an okay read for me. Gabby believes in first impressions and Trace definitely doesn't make a good first one but he's determined to make Gabby give him a second chance. There were some funny parts in this story and there is a bit of suspense, especially with Nick. I both liked and disliked Gabby's character at times, especially for the way she treated Trace at times and the way she let Elijah do what he did and was okay with it. I disliked Elijah a lot. Had Gabby not learn anything ...more
Erica Dobinson
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was really lucky to have been a beta reader for this story and let me tell you - I LOVED IT! I have read it quite a lot both pre/post release and I still love it. It is one of those stories you can re-read and re-read and you still get sucked in as if it was the first time (well it is for me). I don't want to give too much away but Gabby as a leading lady is brilliant, she doesn't take any crap for anyone and sticks to her guns - at the same time she as a vulnerable side. Trace - wow! I want o ...more
Chelle  Myers
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! It was a ray of sunshine in my over stressed world!
Gabby has had a crappy history with men and is so afraid of getting involved with someone new.
Sweet Trace has had his eye on her for awhile and was hoping to get a chance with her since he first saw her! Unfortunately their run-ins seem to always end in disaster. This book is a hilarious ride of will they or won't they!? The characters are so easy to relate to and realistic while still being completely
Mel
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
V Kelly loves to include gut busting humour into her stories and I want to thank her for that.

Elijah is a TWAT!!!! Wanted to beat the snot out of him!

Anyway, this story was funny, sad, sweet and adorable. I loved Gabby and Trace soooo much. This story was so well explored I felt sad when it finished. Gabby has me laughing so much with her sass. Trace was absolutely adorable and gave as good as he got with Gabby.

I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO PEOPLE WHO LOVE A GUT BUSTING ROMAN
Jennifer Alvarez
Damn. A definite must-have!

First impressions can be super right or super wrong. Either way they are a killer way to break the ice! Trace is the epitome of a book boyfriend. Gorgeous, amazing, funny and most of all: perfectly imperfect. He just needs to convince his dream girl of this. You will laugh and cry your way through this amazing story. It is perfectly crafted to keep you yearning for more and satisfying you all at the same time. It was fantastic! Another win for V Kelly.
Andrew Hess
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
V Kelly has done it again. This is the third book I've read from her and find each one hysterical. Trace and Gabby's verbal assaults and combacks were witty and flustered the other intensely. I couldn't stop laughing at their first interaction. This book played with my emotions well. It incited anger, hostility, laughter, happiness, and a little bit of shock. I loved it and look forward to reading the second book in the series.
Stacy Aube
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Trace first see Gabby at a frat party, he knows she's the only one for him. A year later they have their first awkward meeting. Gabby hates him right away. She does everything to get him away. Trace can't let that happen. This book follows their awkward relationship. This book had me laughing out loud and I just loved it. If you like books with deception, humor, and romance this is a must read for you.
Cynthia Villarreal Ortiz
First V. Kelly book!! Absolutely Loved it!! It was funny!! I loved the comraderie of Gabby and Britni!! Sisters for sure!! Trace is such a cutie!!! Poor guy cant catch a brake with Gabby!! But he will eventually wear her down with his knightly attitude and actions... Elijah is such a manwhore and doesnt deny it!! Nick is just creepy.
Even her biker daddy falls for Trace's knightly attitude!!
Awesome Read!! Funny, suspensful, and sexy..

**Book Given as part of a Giveaway**
Laci
Good book

This book is worth a one click. I originally thought this was a funny book before I bought it, but it's not a funny book. It is still a good book. Good relatable characters and the story flows. Next thing you know you read the while thing. I liked it. I will be getting the next book.
Socially Book Nerd
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
1st impressions tend to stick, it takes a lot to change your opinion of someone, old habits for hard and deep seated issues & feeling are not so easily forgotten, Trace works hard to change the 1st impression Gabby had of him. He is also determined to help her over come herself and her her to call for him. I liked this book a lot, it has me laughing and mmmhmm (ing) a lot!!
Brenda
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic read! I absolutely loved it! I laughed and cried and laughed..... Gabby & Trace get into a run in at a party and it wasn't a good first impression. Trace does all the impossible to help Gabby and get her to give him a second chance but she is so stubborn to her feelings. I definitely and honestly recommend this book
Crystal
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book from V. Kelly who was a new author to me, and I got to say she is such an incredible writer. Once I started First Impressions I couldn't put it down, there was so many twists and turns I couldn't turn the pages fast enough, add in hot steamy sex and adorable romance with laugh at loud moments, then you need to read this book.
Kimberley
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I was expecting it to be just a rom com but there was so much more to it which I absolutely loved. There was humor as well as some angst and at one point I wanted to strangle Gabrielle but it all came together perfectly in the end. I highly recommend reading this through to the end because it is so worth it.
Amy
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure how I felt about this one. Misunderstandings that turn into grudges because people don't talk really make me cranky, but this was a good story. It really picked up about a quarter of the way in and didn't let me go. (I planned only to read a few chapters this morning and ended up finishing the book.)
Aimee
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. It took a little while for it to catch my interest and I ended up putting it down for a few days. I decided to try it again and actually enjoyed it. I loved how Gabby kept trying to deny her attraction to Trace and how he wouldn't give up. He didn't really give her a good 1st impression but he definitely tried to make up for it. Good book to read!!!
Felicia Hays
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down. I could connect to the main character with things from my own life and it kept me intrigued. Couldn't put it down til it was done! Absolutely hilarious!!

• Something About Polly (Bedlingham, #2)
  • The Billionaire and the Con Artist: A Bad Boy Romance (Bad Girls Series Book 1)
  • Killing Me Softly
  • The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf Babies
  • The Ball Games Bundle (Ball Games #1-4 )
  • As You Wish
  • Complicated Girl (Baker Street Romance, #2)
  • Divine
  • Love in the Time of Zombies
  • Calamity Rayne: Gets A Life
  • No Interest in Love (All About Love, #2)
  • Mystery at Maplemead Castle (The Chapelwick Mysteries #2)
  • Faking Mr. Right
  • The Five Kingdoms of Severi
  • To Have and To Hold
  • Pulled Under (Kill Devil Hills, #3)
  • Desire (The Seductors, #1)
  • Unexpectedly You