Start by marking “Serving Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Serving Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #2)

Serving Pleasure

(Pleasure #2)

Hungry for a touch…

Rana Malik is over being her family’s resident black sheep. She’s on a mission: ditch the casual hook-ups, revamp her bad-girl image, and fall in love with a proper Mr. Right even her conservative mama can’t find fault with. Not on the menu? The beautiful, brooding Mr. Right Now who lives next door, and all the ways he whets her appetite.

Starving fo/>Starving
229 pages
Published June 16th 2015 (first published June 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Serving Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serving Pleasure

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
**** 4.5 'CUT A B**** FOR CHOCOLATE' Stars ****

Can be read as a standalone

"I wanted you to pose for me because you're you. You have this... intriguing mix of good and naughty. Silly and sexy.”

This was so hot! Phew!!! Not only was it steamy, but it was also funny and cute.

description

Rana is the only person without a college education in her family. Her mother keeps telling her to find a rich man as soon as possible because her looks aren't going to stay forever.

So, to keep her mama happy, she changes her lifestyle to find Mr. Ri****
Can
Jess
Serving Pleasure by Alisha Rai (new favourite author alert?) is a wickedly funny and scorching hot delight. There are so many things that are good about this, let me attempt to count the ways:

- Both of the leads are great people and interesting as individuals. Rana is wonderfully funny and confident lead character who still has her insecurities. Micah has been through trauma and is struggling at times. However, both of these people are mature and own up to their actions and take the initiative instead of just
Mandi Schreiner
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Serving Pleasure is a very strong romance – I’ve been so impressed with Alisha Rai’s stories recently. I hope she writes more and more.

Micah Hale was a successful artist in London, but after a vicious attack where he almost died, he lost his energy and passion. He moves to the US for a fresh start, but becomes a hermit. Rarely leaving his house or socializing, he has tried to get his painting back on track. We’ll come back to Micah in a minute.

Rana’s family owns a restaur
Amanda
Either by society's standards or their families', Micah and Rana were considered to be wrong. In Micah's case, it was his inability to move on from a violent event in his past. For Rana, it was her wild child lifestyle. So in fear of appearing less than in the eyes of those they cared about most, Rana and Micah chose to shut themselves, their true selves, down until no apparent flaws were visible to the discerning eye. But the one person they found that they couldn't and didn't hide from was each other. ...more
Mel González
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
→ rana is one of my new favourite characters!!
→ Indian-American heroine with sisters😍
→ biracial Hawaiian/black hero with PTSD (affects his eating)
→ voyeurism
→ sexy af but also emotional af (i actually cried... a lot)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

About 5 1/2 years ago one of the first ménage books I read was Glutton for Pleasure by author Alisha Rai and I fell in love with the characters of that book including the heroine's two sisters. I remember writing to Ms. Rai and asking her if she ever planned on writing their stories and she said yes but that it would be awhile. Now years later, she has written Serving Pleasure and I have to say it was worth the wait. I
Maiya
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm being really generous with my rating. I really wanted to like this book. I did but I DNF at 70% and I even skipped chapters to get to the more exciting parts but something about this book wasn't working for me. Maybe its the story which I thought lacked a certain ommph because it was a very cliche story. The thing I definitely enjoyed the most was the character Rana I thought she was genuinely spunky and kind of hilarious whereas her love interest was the same broody and alpha type of guy wh ...more
Britt Marczak
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, contemporary
So very good! This was really what I needed today. The characters are fantastic and the writing superb. <3
Laura Frey (Reading in Bed)
Very sweet and romantic at the end, for such a dirty book :) I liked that there was actual humour. When your hero is a troubled, manbunned artist named Micah, you can't take yourself too seriously.
Christine
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
If I could only use two words to sum up Serving Pleasure, they would definitely be smoking hot.
"How many orgasms do you think you can have before you pass out?" he murmured. "That's how many times I want to make you come."
But as scorching as the sexy times are between Rana and Micah, this was so much more than a bad case of insta-lust. Even with the hotness that is brooding British artist Micah, you will find yourself falling in love and cheericome."Oh,
Ana
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rana Malik is a new woman. After her little sister Devi found love with not just one man but two (Glutton for Pleasure, book one in the Pleasure series and currently free), she decided it was time to make some changes in her life. No more impulsive dates or casual affairs with "unsuitable" men, she is dating with a purpose. While she doesn't want to date any of her mother's handpicked candidates from Indian matrimonial sites, she is determinedly looking to date the right kind of man, the kind yo ...more
⚜️Trea
After my lukewarm review of Glutton for Pleasure and needing to find books that finished up a series for a challenge, I broke down and purchased this book. I really wish I hadn't!

Micah was too focused on his tragedy and he had not fully mentally healed from it. I felt he had no business starting an intimate artist's relationship between model/artist, never mind starting a romantic one! While he never actually became abusive to Rana, he also wasn't in a good position to be the emotional rock
G.
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I demand the sex remain amazing. You'd still be my muffin. Only, like, my permanent muffin.

lol.

This book has: compelling POC characters, sexy and adorable hero recovering from trauma, sexy and adorable heroine finding out what she wants, great sexytimes, strong women taking care of shit, complicated family dynamics, muffin metaphors, leprechaun riding a unicorn jokes, etc. I wasn't that into the first book in the series, so I didn't expect to like Serving Pleasure so very much, but it is awesome.
Barb
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This... is a great romance. Obstacles that felt real and not overdone. Likeable leads who are anything but cookie cutter romance fare. Perfect handling of the slut shaming that is so pervasive in our culture, and even in this genre. Wonderful balance of drama and funny. I'm still giggling about a couple of lines. I really loved both of the main characters, who were great together. Just an outstanding romance. Can't wait to read about the final Malik sister.

Update July 4, 2016: Perfec
Kara Keen
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
The hot artist next door that she’s been spying on calls her bluff and now Rana is posing nude for him. Well, it’s obvious where this is going and I love the way it goes there. Rana and her sisters run a restaurant and their relationship is loyal but complicated, and Alisha Rai is excellent at showing very real and yet entertaining family dynamics, personal growth for all the characters, and amazing hot sex!
Deepthi
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wow, re-reads, favorites
I picked up this story, as soon as I was done with Glutton of Pleasure.
I have to say: Wow. Just wow.
The story was everything I liked, and hoped to see in a Interracial, and multicultural themes.
Sassy, and witty heroine- Check
Tormented hero- Check.
Real problems- check.
Writing, dialogue, and most of all flow. Check, check and double check. Overall I couldn't be happy. I was elated.
It goes into my re-reads list.
Claire
I can't believe it - another contemporary I liked! Alisha Rai is so good at writing family... rounded characters with layered relationships. I think the family relationships in this one (and also the first in the series) shine more than the romance, and it's particularly impressive that she can do that with all that steaminess going on! Lots of small moments, but thoughtful, smart ones.
Tori
Sometimes two wrongs do make a right. Sensually wicked delights infuse this romance as two dynamic and damaged protagonists who consider themselves disappointments find the peace and acceptance they crave in each others bodies and hearts. A rich plotline only serves to further enhance the erotic overtones.
Jessica
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it! I love these sisters! And I loved how Micah and Rana helped each other to feel more whole. That is how love should be! I only wish there had been a little touch of Jace and Marcus from the first book! Can't wait to read Leena's story!
Claudia
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think I love every book of this author a tiny bit more than the last one. Her heroines are some of the strongest in Romanceland. <3
ms bookjunkie
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ms bookjunkie by: autobuy author
*happy sigh* Wonderful. Hot. Emotionally satisfying. Totally worth the wait. Love!
Maura
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hannah Hearts Romance
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is why I love romance. It starts with some taboo-level hotness, deals with some serious and real personal issues, adds in some more hotness, proceeds with some actual character development, and ends with love and happiness.

I LOVED the heroine, Rana. She felt so real to me—I swear I know this woman who loves bright lipstick and short skirts and has been told her whole life the only thing worthwhile is about her is her looks. I loved that despite all her insecurities, she is
Beth P
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-e-book
I loved this book! The main characters help each other with loving themselves (while beautifully, sensually, and passionately falling in love each other.)

Rana is a super-extroverted “people person.” Micah is a reclusive, tortured artist. I simply adored Rana. Her POV chapters are filled with absolutely fantastic inner monologue. The relationship dynamic between her and her family, particularly her sisters, is wonderfully portrayed and is absolutely key to showing who Rana is as a person. Micah’
Darcy
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, erotica
I loved Rana, loved her personality of do what you want, even if she was hiding a bit of that at the start. Her peeping tom behavior had me laughing at the start and was glad that things turned out good for her.

Micah at the start was very much a dark horse, you could tell that something bad happened but not what. Rana was the perfect person to get Micah to come back to life, to see that there was more than hiding away. I loved how he upped her peeping tom with a challenge of his own.

Linda
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series. I think this book was even better than the first. Micah and Rana made a terrific twosome even with their baggage. It was their baggage that made them so cautious about the word, 'love,' but it didn't interfere with their physical desire. The sex was hot and intense and the emotional issues just made it all good. He was recovering from a life threatening attack and she was trying to deal with a mother who wanted her to marry a doctor or lawyer but to do it soon before she lost ...more
Erica
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What I’ve come to expect and appreciate from Alisha Rai’s writing is there will be eye-opening (at least for me!) love scenes and her characters are not one note. Meaning they’re just as interesting with their clothes on and when they’re describing how they feel taking them off. I did not read the first book in this series but Serving Pleasure can be read as a stand-alone albeit there is some reference to the first book but not so much the reader gets lost.

Micah and Rana are next door neighbors
Phoenix
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: diverse-romance
devra
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, keeper-shelf
every scrap of potential buried in "glutton for pleasure" exploded in this book, which focuses on devi's older sister rana.

it was hot. it was emotional. occasionally i was in tears. rana was a fully-formed character, and so was micah; no one needed saving, except for what they could do for themselves. the climactic moment of the book was between rana and her mother, followed by an epic girls' night for rana and her sisters - how can i not love a book that puts a premium on the female relationsh
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novel, romance, erotic, desi
I didn't like this quite as much as the first one in the series, but all the key ingredients were still here.

Oldest sister Rana has always been the screw up in her family. That's why for the last year she's given up her party girl ways and only gone on dates with "suitable" men. But then why is she spying on her new artist neighbor who reminds her of all the fun Bad Rana used to have?

After being brutally attacked, Micah hasn't been happy with any of the paintings he's cre
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sated (Fit Trilogy, #3)
  • The Principle of Desire (Science of Temptation, #3)
  • Sweet Agony
  • Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)
  • The Corrupt Comte (The Bourbon Boys Quartet, #1)
  • Let It Shine
  • The Viking Wants Forever
  • Craving Flight
  • True Pretenses (Lively St. Lemeston Book 2)
  • The Obsession (Princess Shanyin, #1)
  • Living in Sin (Forbidden Desires, #2)
  • The One She Was Warned About
  • The Golden Locket (Unbreakable Trilogy, #2)
  • Harlot (Bartered Hearts, #2)
  • Gold Mountain
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)

Pleasure (2 books)
  • Glutton for Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #1)
“Oh, God, he was a prince among men. A leprechaun riding a unicorn holding a fairy.” 0 likes
“It sounded like something you Brits would say."
"Someday, I'd love to hear what you imagine my people are like."
"Stiff. Formal. Everyone's a time traveler, a wizard, or works for MI6." She placed her plate on the table, pretending not to notice the legs wobbling a little at the weight.
"That's not quite right. Only some of us are wizards. The rest are Muggles.”
0 likes