Start by marking “Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)

Not Quite Gone

(Lowcountry Mysteries #4)

Life in Heron Creek is looking up for Graciela Harper, despite the fact that every ghost within a fifty mile radius seems intent on sticking to her like glue - and not the weak Elmer's kind, either But with a sexy boyfriend, her old friends back in her life, and a great job prospect at one of the oldest plantations in the country, it's hard to complain...even if her new bo ...more
Published August 18th 2015 by Author Published (first published August 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite Gone

Start your review of Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)
Jamie Davis
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One More Reason to Love Lowcountry

I can’t get enough Gracie and Lowcountry! The mere mention of an upcoming Lowcountry book has me impatiently anticipating until the day I flip that first page open on my iPad! Not Quite Gone is no exception, and I thoroughly enjoyed every turn of the page and every new chapter! It was so hard to put down, and I found myself thinking about the story even when I had to step away.

Lyla has such a fantastic way of continuing this story with new storylines while let
Wendy
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Not Quite Gone" the fourth book in the fascinating "Lowcountry" series begins when Gracie Harper accepts a job archiving historical family records at Drayton Hall. A magnet for any ghost within a fifty mile radius Gracie stumbles onto the apparition of a ghostly fourteen year old girl with a noose around her neck on the estate grounds where she supposedly committed suicide years before. Digging into Nanette Robbins' past to bring her peace not only uncovers a connection to Brick Drayton but int ...more
Iza Brekilien
Reviewed for http://theereaderjunkie.wordpress.com

Oh wow ! Now I'm anxiously waiting for the 27th, I need to know what's next ! This is an addictive series whose quality doesn't waiver one. single. bit.

I'm always happy to go back to Lowcountry and Gracie's friends and family - I know, I'm repeating myself. I love all the characters - well, except for the nosy neighbor/library patron and Amelia Drayton. Could Amelia be the next person you'll love to hate after reading this ? Nah, you'll just hate
Melanie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was drawn in with this book and the ending leaves you hanging on so I felt I had to immediately download book 5.

Beth
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better....by leaps and bounds. This installment in the Lowcountry Mysteries is by far my favorite! This book is a pager turner, you do not want to pass it up! First, we have our whole host of characters back from previous books, including Henry Woodward, that ghost just loves hanging around. Plus we have some new folks who play into the storyline quite a bit, including Daria - Gracie's paranormal mentor and Cordelia Drayton - Beau's mom and Gracie's boss ...more
Edeena Cross
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the novella before you read this one

I picked this up and started reading, only to find that I was missing chunks of detail. Sure enough, there is a novella that you need to read before starting this book, so I stopped reading this to buy and read it first. Then it made way more sense. I wish the novella (there may be another one in the series, not sure) was mentioned in the list of books in this series. In any case, I’m off to buy the next book...
Angela Shockley
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I originally read this title nearly six months ago. I've just re-read it since there's going to be a new release in less than a week.

At one point Gracie Harper says she feels depleted. That's about how I feel for her. Lyla Payne does a wonderful job of pulling you in and making you feel what her characters feel. Each installment of this Low Country Mystery series seems to get heavier. More laden with stress, grief, and despair. I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and so far it's be
Sandra Lancaster
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My FAVORITE of the series so far!! I loved how Gracie is learning to accept her ghost seeing ability and wanting to use it to help. She is a strong woman who stands up for what she believes is right and those she loves and that is put to the test in this book. I loved how she handled everything in the end.

This book encompases all emotions. There is drama, humor, love and suspense. Lyla is an excellent writer, who draws the reader in and makes you feel what the characters are going through. I wa
Kelly Mccurdy
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*****YOU NEED TO READ QUITE CURIOUS BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE*****!

~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

Where do I even begin!! Lyla has written genius in the book. I know that doesn't make sense, but once you read this book, you too, will say the same thing! In this book Gracie has an unexpected visitor. She doesn't know what to believe. Gracie is up to her old ghost seeing antics again, only this time, she has a little help from a new friend. Beau and her have a tough road ahead
little 'ole me
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I seriously cannot get enough of Graciela and her pals. I love how Lyla Payne can set the series and with the paranormal featuring so heavily but not so much it becomes unbelievable. I can't wait to read Low country no 5, can Gracie and Beau survive with their very different upbringing s always lurking in the background of their relationship. not forgetting the curse of the male line and finding out what Gracie will have to sacrifice in order to keep her nephew living past 13yrs. the introductio ...more
Elisa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, Powerful is my word for this book. Another Gracie triumph in a really well written masterpiece with a pointed message on teen suicide and depression that really hits the mark for me.
Gracie is coming into her own more and more, I am delighted to have a new book heroine and even though I'm sure Gracie would argue that she is no heroine, to me she is because of her unfailing loyalty to those she loves and the ghosts who ask for her help, Gracie is an inspiring character, one I can't wait to
Ashlee Lau
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in the series, and picks right up. The story is well written, and while it has many plot lines intersecting, it never becomes confusing or overwhelming. It will have you going through every emotion possible - laughing, crying, worried, angry, even slightly indignant. You will be on the edge of your seat, anxious to turn the next page and see what happens next....and it will leave you wanting more!
Jenn
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I truly love this series. It is as simple as that. I love the characters, the setting, the mystery, all of it. This was the most intense book so far and I was on the edge of my seat the entire way through. I cannot wait to see what is yet to come for Gracie in the next book.

* I received and ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Teresa Sambrook
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Goodness! This book has me even more pulled into Gracie's world. The Dayton World? Um... Mrs. Dayton has a few things to say about that. Beau and Gracie turning out to be star crossed lovers or soul mates?

I love way Lyla pulls history into these novels. Ancestry, ghosts, curses, and dark secrets all mixed together in this series! I'm completely hooked and ready to read the next one!
Kandy
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh for peats sake!! This one takes the entire cake!!! It had me so on edge, routing for Travis and Millie, Hoping for Will and Mel!! I was laughing at Gracie's smart mouth and crying at the sheer emotion that she feels, her own or otherwise!!! What a griping story line and flow continuing with the series!! Well done!!
Stella Kiel
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh Man... October, really! I'm being very greedy and mean, I know, but I want more right now! I very much enjoyed Not Quite Gone and can not wait until the next book comes out. Thank you Lyla for taking me away into the world of Gracie and her life. I'm very much hooked :-)
Heather Vanessa
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! This series just keeps getting better and better. I could not put it down. There was always something going on and a lot of things were revealed. I recommend this book to anyone looking for something funny, romantic, and little suspense.
Abby Legrange
Such great characters whom I LOVE

I love Gracie and all her friends in Heron Creek. This installment introduced some new faces and developed some old ones. The writing is easy and enjoyable! I loved these books!!
Bailie
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Prefect! that's what this book was! Thrilled for Gracie to be seeing more of Beau's family, but not too happy with how they are with her. Love this series, can't wait to read the 5th book, and am hoping for a 6th. Everyone should read this series, there is nothing not to love about it!
Brandy Barber
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the best

I always love a Lowcountry book. Being from SC I now want to go to all the places in the book. I think these books have just enough scare to keep a light on when reading. Never disappointed
Debbie Stephens
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The stories in this series keep getting better. Gracie stills doesn't make the smartest decisions , but she seems to think a little more about the consequences before she jumps in. I am happy to find out that there are more books in this series. Love this low country series. Keep them coming Lyla!!
CM
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy smoke and mirrors!
When I started this series it was interesting but not really, I even thought to cancel. Oh I would have done a grave mistake. The story has evolved a lot and the writing is oh so much better!
Fantastic read, really.
Kelly Williams
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So much turmoil..yet I can't put it down. Love it when a series keeps me guessing. Book 5 is going to be an interesting mix of choices for Graciela. I see where it's going and it's making me sad!!
Barbara
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cliffhanger...I will definitely be reading the next one when it is released in October 2015. I usually get tired of a book series by now, but this one is pretty entertaining.
Cecelia
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. it had a couple of surprises in it but very good reading.
Amanda
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
So, I accidentally read this first before the others in the series (a chapter of it was at the end of The Historians). So, oh well, now I have to go back and read the first few! :)
Rebecca Hollingsworth
Loved this..

And the story goes on, with more twists and turns and ups and downs... I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Beatrice
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It gets better and better

This series gets better with each new book. The characters keep developing and plot becomes more complex. I can't wait to read what happens next.
Eileen Patterson
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cliffhanger!

What an ending! I feel like I have to read the next book immediately now. This is a good book, but frustrating, because it leaves so much hanging in the balance.
Mary
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Life continues to be one sh*tstorm after another for Gracie. She just can't catch a break, poor girl. This was a good tale of the paranormal and lowcountry normal or what passes for normal in Heron Creek. Gracie is working hard to figure out what a dead teenager needs from her while working for her boyfriend's witch of a mother and trying to keep cousin Amelia on an even keel thru her pregnancy. Oh, and then there's Clete and his mountain mayhem crew she must keep in check. Yep, one sh*tstorm af ...more

• When the Bough Breaks (Rose Gardner Investigations #6)
  • Her Scream in the Silence (Carly Moore #2)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Carly Moore #3)
  • Until It Fades
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations, #3)
  • Come Rain or Shine (Rose Gardner Investigations #5)
  • Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)
  • The Ghost and the Silver Scream (Haunting Danielle Book 24)
  • Murder in the Manor (A Lacey Doyle Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Curtain Call (Magnolia Steele Mystery #4)
  • The Love Season
  • All the Things I Should Have Known
  • Keep Her Safe
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
  • In High Cotton (Neely Kate Mystery #2)
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as

Lowcountry Mysteries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • Not Quite Cold (Lowcountry Mysteries, #2)
  • Not Quite True  (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)
  • Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)
  • Not Quite Right (Lowcountry Mysteries #6)
  • Not Quite Mine (Lowcountry Mysteries #7)
  • Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)
  • Not Quite Free (Lowcountry Mysteries #9)
  • Not Quite Fixed (Lowcountry Mysteries #10)
  • Not Quite Settled (Lowcountry Mysteries #11)