Start by marking “Alex + Ada, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Alex + Ada, Vol. 3

Alex + Ada, Vol. 3

(Alex + Ada #11-15)

The last thing in the world Alex wanted was an X5, the latest in realistic androids. But after Ada is dropped into his life, he discovers she is more than just a robot. Alex takes a huge risk to unlock Ada so she can think for herself and explore life as a sentient android. As Alex and Ada spend more time together, they become closer. But as restrictions tighten on artific ...more
Published August 12th 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Alex + Ada, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alex + Ada, Vol. 3

Start your review of Alex + Ada, Vol. 3
Anne
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the final volume in Alex and Ada's story, and it was rather sweet. Or bittersweet?
But mostly sweet.

description

Everything the first two books were leading up to Alex & Ada's forbidden love, finally came together (or apart?) in this last one.

description

This isn't so good that I would run around pushing it in people's faces screeching, "Read this! Read this!", but it was different enough to be interesting. Although, don't go into this one expecting a fast-paced story about A.I. ladies and the men who love t
Whitney Atkinson
awwww i love this series and it made me so happy to get this as a late christmas present, I literally opened it then read it in one sitting. This world was so great to return to, but I really should have done a series reread before diving in. But I immediately was reminded of how much I LOVE the art and the world in this book. But the plot in this one seemed to go by so much quicker than the previous volumes. Everything kind of unfolded conveniently and since I didn't remember much from the earl ...more
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
It was so good, but it just went in a different direction than I expected I think! I definitely recommend this series though, I absolutely adore it.
Sam Quixote
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-comics-2015
It’s the near future. Alex is a lonely human man. Ada is a human-like robot bought to keep Alex company. Ada becomes sentient after Alex gets some hackers to “unlock” her - but this is against the law. Alex + Ada must keep their taboo relationship a secret or Alex will go to jail and Ada will be… deleted.

In this third and final volume, events conspire against our star-crossed lovers and they must flee the authorities. Is this the end for the couple - or will love prevail?

I did like the conclus
Norah Una Sumner
To quote Blitz:

description

Phew. This was a disappointment. I mean, it wasn't super bad but I still expected much more from it. The ending is cute. But cheesy, let's be real. And everything seemed to be rushed. This trilogy will have a special place in my heart, though. The art is lovely. I'm just sad that they didn't exactly execute this amazing idea well.
Jan Philipzig
The promotional message regarding shiny, attractive, state-of-the-art androids comes to a touching and downright soulful conclusion in this third and final volume, as it ends with a deep, long, yearning look straight into the gorgeous eyes of artificial intelligence. What came before can be described as a cross between 1950's romance and Bonnie and Clyde, perfected for those special desires of the corporate age. For risks and side effects ask your doctor or pharmacist. ...more
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2017, graphic-novels
What a let-down... that ending was so disappointing. I'm not saying it ruined the series as a whole but it definitely cheapened the whole series for me. It was going okay right up until the climax; it was just so unsatisfying, it made me angry! It was so rushed, it was clichéd, it was unoriginal and I felt cheated. I don't regret reading this, there were a lot of positives in the series but I'm just so frustrated over that ending.

Overall, I would still recommend this series & I would read more
Maria
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

While I loved this arc and the way that the story progressed, the ending felt a little rushed for me and I wish we could have gotten a little more. Overall, this was a solid series! I loved all three volumes and I highly recommend them all!
Shannon (kitchandpages)
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this series and got choked up at the end. Definitely recommend!
Alice (Married To Books)
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-2019
OH MY GOSH THAT ENDING THOUGH!!! I'LL SEE YOU ALL AFTER THE CRYING :(

What a conclusion to a good graphic novel series involving humans and android robots. Alex and Ada were interesting characters and their backstories are incredibly interesting to read about. Although the pacing for this volume felt mainly off, the suspense was sky-rocketing as both of them realised how much they wanted to be together. I do recommend this for anyone interested in robots and adventure stories!
Ylenia
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
*2.5 stars*

I don't know how I feel about this...

///////////////////////////////////

OKAY, so. I slept on it and I finally came to the conclusion that I really didn't enjoy this volume that much.
I had the feeling that the ending was a little bit too rushed without any reasons for it to be like that.
Tori (InToriLex)
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, comic
Find this and other Reviews at In Tori Lex
Things got dark and scary in this conclusion, and I relished every moment.  The world that Ada's in begins to challenge her existence, and the tension is raised around Alex's friends. As things change Alex and Ada have to find quiet moments with each other and learn how to be on the run, while on the run. As robots start dying Ada gets scared. She starts to question the limits of her mortality as a robot, and what could be next. Humans continue to pick s
Kayla Charisse
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
(3.5 stars)

Overall, I felt like this conclusion was a bit rushed. The ending, while surprising, removed the main characters from the actual action. I will be doing a video review on my channel soon for this series!

Side note: I definitely think this series is worth the read, and as a whole, I'd rate it a solid four stars.

**Series review can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9QqB...
Liz Janet
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I hope that by the time a period of this technological advancement occurs, we will be well-versed in what is like to be a humanoid so as to not turn our world into a dystopia. This graphic novel, alongside Battlestar Galactica, I, Robot, Neuromancer, Mockingbird, and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, have thought us what can happen to society when we are unfair to our "children," and how our desire to create life might lead us to extinction if we pertain a cruel species.
Alex + Ada just remi
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

I swear, this is NOT an ugly cry! I don't even know how to ugly cry - I'm a robot after all! I don't get humor, don't get incredible books...NOPE no tears on this girl!

I'm not fooling anyone, am I?

Amanda
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, best-comics
This was so good. :'( ...more
Anya (~on a semi-hiatus~)
Aaaand the last volume took a nose dive and crashed into the valley of WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK??!!

I'm thoroughly disappointed.
Geraldine (geraldinereads)
What a great series!!!
Sabrina
This series is perfection.
Kaitlin
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-sff-faves
Well I am sad that this is the ending of the series because honestly I thought that this could have gone on for so much longer. I don't know if it was a creator/publisher decision but I wish they'd decided to extend things and make the series a little longer because I felt as if we really could have explored this story and world so so much more than we did. Again this focuses on our main two characters, Alex and Ada, and the story of after the sad news they receive and the threats and abuse they ...more
Skip
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The conclusion to a good series of graphic novels. At the conclusion of Volume 2, Alex and Ada have found each other, and Ada continues to develop her intellect and imagination? But the societal pressure to destroy sentient robots, like Ada, is rising. Having been captured by television cameras at a protest in Volume 2, one of Alex's "friends" goes after her and they are forced to flee, after someone anonymously turns reports her. Things take several unfortunate turns and they are separated. The ...more
Dylan
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

My only complaint about this one was the ending, I just wished it were fleshed out more because it felt a bit rushed.

SO SAD ITS OVER
Dave Schaafsma
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The trilogy by Luna and Vaughn closes out with some dramatic action and a somewhat surprising twist. But just to make it clear, it's not The Martian, it's not technical SCIENCE fiction, it sides more with Ray Bradbury in exploring the human issues of science fiction. It's essentially a romance, and it works well for that. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know from Isaac Asimov about robots, it's not shockingly deep about AI, I suppose, but if you can imagine, as I do, that this is a ...more
Steve
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

First off, I haven't read the previous volumes, but that made little difference; the story was very easy to pick up and follow. In short, it's a story about robots becoming sentient and the prejudices they (and the people who support/love them) face from society in general and from relatives and friends specifically.

The story raises some interesting moral questions, questions we've faced many times in the past. This time, instead o
Vanessa
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

This was my absolute favourite volume of the whole series. What a wonderful way to wrap up a stellar graphic novel story - I had tears in my eyes as I made my way to the last, beautiful page.

The only issue that I had with this volume was that I felt the ending was a little bit rushed. I would have happily had another 50 pages or so just to flesh it out a little bit, and I think this would have really helped the pacing. But overall I thought this was wonderful, and I know I will re-rea
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really, really love this series. It's probably my favorite graphic novel series to date. The only reason I didn't give it a full five stars is because this last installment sometimes felt a bit rushed, and it also felt like everything fell into place so easily compared to the other volumes of this series.
Either way, I really enjoyed the characters and the story, and I'm very happy with the ending.
Ashley DiNorcia
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Unfortunately this final volume suffered from incredibly rushed pacing. I wish it would have gotten longer to wrap up.
Kit
Mar 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Paz R.M.
Bro. Talk about rushed endings, also cheesy af. But I can't deny that I still enjoyed half this volume. I just think that neither of the team here knew how to continue this series so it ended in quite an anticlimactic, disappointing way. Oh well. I still liked the series overall.
Full review later!
Mel
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was a TERRIBLE conclusion to this graphic novel series. Everything they worked for in the first 2 books happened without them and was just really rushed and too easy in the end. It went in a weird direction. I honestly think with another 3 volumes this could have been much better. A great series I recommend, but a really bad ending.

• Princeless, Vol. 5: Make Yourself
  • Princeless, Vol. 6: Make Yourself Part 2
  • Sleepless, Vol. 2
  • The Girl From The Other Side: Siúil A Rún, Vol. 9 (The Girl from the Other Side, #9)
  • Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself
  • The Fade Out, Act One
  • Rocket Girl Volume 1: Times Squared
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil A Rún, Volume 8 (The Girl from the Other Side, #8)
  • Saga, Vol. 8
  • The Beauty, Vol. 1
  • Saga, Vol. 9
  • Rocket Girl Volume 2: Only the Good
  • Invisible Kingdom, Vol. 2: Edge of Everything
  • Saga, Vol. 5
  • Fables, Vol. 7: Arabian Nights (and Days)
  • Saga, Vol. 7
  • Wayward, Vol. 6: Bound to Fate
  • Sweet Tooth: Deluxe Edition, Book Three
JONATHAN LUNA co-created and illustrated THE SWORD, GIRLS, and ULTRA (all Image Comics) with his brother, Joshua Luna. He co-created and illustrated ALEX + ADA with Sarah Vaughn. He wrote and illustrated STAR BRIGHT AND THE LOOKING GLASS (Image Comics). His work also includes the art for SPIDER-WOMAN: ORIGIN (Marvel Comics), written by Brian Michael Bendis and Brian Reed.

Jonathan was born in Calif

Alex + Ada (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Alex + Ada #1