Start by marking “A Dance Worth Dancing (Tactical Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Dance Worth Dancing (Tactical Men, #1)

A Dance Worth Dancing (Tactical Men #1)

Love is a strange thing. It can heal, it can hurt and it can be astonishing. For Rori and Colt, it is all of these things.

Rori is a single mom, looking for love in all the wrong places. Until one fateful night her hero comes to her without her even knowing it. She doesn’t want to give in to what her heart tells her. She has too much at stake to risk a dance on the wild si
Published May 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about A Dance Worth Dancing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dance Worth Dancing

Gina
May 17, 2015 Gina rated it it was amazing
He loves her

She loves him

Six words that hold so much meaning, one word that sums up this beautiful story.
Love.

Aurora (or Rori) hasn’t had an easy run of things. She experiences heartache and struggle a few times throughout her life. But what she is not, is weak. Rori is strong willed and determined. She is a protective mother to her son Maddox. She sacrifices herself and her happiness for the sake of others all with the hope that one day; just one day, she might get her happily ever after.

Colt
Kim
May 30, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
This was really great for a debut novel. It was a little slow for me at first because I will be honest I didn't think I would care for Rori when it came to where she was working and figured her behavior would annoy me. But I stuck with it and I am glad I did, that issue was dealt with in a way that wasn't annoying and really made sense once I got into the story.

I really liked Colt and Rori although I wanted to slap the shit out of them a few times during their story. I loved Maddox and that is s
Chris Murray
May 30, 2015 Chris Murray rated it it was amazing
This book rocked!!! I couldn't put it down. I laughed, I cried, I held my breathe, and I loved. I can't wait for this series to continue. This is a MUST-READ!!!

Merged review:

"He Loves Her"

Dana Busenbark
Who are Kat and Thorn? What kind of business does Rori work at? What is needed of her that night at work and why? Who is Colt? What does he do for a living? Why is he at Rori's job? What happens while he is there? As I get a few chapters into the book, I find out what Colt does for work and what Rori thinks about his job. I kinda feel the same way! Now a thought that Colt had at the club makes sense. When Colt asks Rori out on a date and she agrees, where does he take her? Who does she run into ...more
Jamie
Jun 12, 2015 Jamie rated it it was amazing
He Loves Her, She Loves Him. Now Let's Dance

For her Debut Book JL Long did a Fabulous job. ( Grab this book ). Aurora ( Rori ) has been an independent woman for a long time. With the loss of her father at a young age to thinking she found Mr. Right as a teenager, becoming a teen mom to her beautiful boy Maddox. With an Ex that only wants to control her and not be a dad, she is a single parent doing what she has to, to provide for her and her son. Which brings her to working at Bottom's Up as a w
Allison Michaels
Nov 10, 2016 Allison Michaels rated it it was amazing
This is the first JL Long book I've read, and it certainly won't be the last!

What a powerhouse of story, filled with real-life issues many people can relate to.

Rori and Colt meet at the bar where she works, and their attraction is both instantaneous and red-hot. Even though Colt feels an undeniable pull toward Rori, he tries his best to resist it by claiming that his playboy lifestyle suits him just fine. Within a short period of time, he lets go of that notion to become the kind of man Rori has
Becky Isaacson
Jun 02, 2015 Becky Isaacson rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of A Dance Worth Dancing from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Aurora (or Rori) hasn’t had an easy,She is a protective single mother to her son Maddox that would do anything to make a living for her and her son even work in a strip club the money is good and it pays the bills, her son was her world and he came first in her life she didn't have for relationships taking care of him and working,Then she met Colt and he made her want more out of life.

Colt a leader of a S
Brandi
Sep 26, 2016 Brandi rated it really liked it
Swoon....Colt "Hercules" McCade. This was a good story for a debut novel. I bought it on a whim and I'm glad I did.

Aurora or Riley as her friends and family call her is a single mom working in a strip club. She occasionally strips ok. No judging life is hard. She escaped an abusive relationship and is just trying to be the best mom for Maddox. One night while working in comes Colt. He remembers her from one faithful night. He's the war torn hero who is now on the SWAT team. He's damaged goods in
DLSBOOKREVIEWS
Jun 25, 2015 DLSBOOKREVIEWS rated it it was amazing
Spoiler Free Review:

I recently read JL Long's debut novel, A Dance Worth Dancing. Let me just say... I LOVED IT!!

For a debut novel, it was very well written. This book easily conveys a wide range of emotions from angst, love, tears and plenty of laugh out loud moments. The underlying subject matter can be a tough one to write about and describe but JL did it beautifully without coming across too dark.

The main characters Colt and Rori both struggle with each other as well as themselves but I ca
2OCC Reviews
Oct 27, 2016 2OCC Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice
He loves her. She loves him.
Just that line right there makes me well up with tears.. powerful words from a powerful book.
I got pulled into the story right from the start, I couldn't put it down.
I love Rori, she's strong, independent, loving and will do anything for those she cares about.
Colt... wow. Swooning right here!!!!! I love him. He's protective, kind, broken and perfectly imperfect.
The writing is descriptive, the characters are brilliant and the storyline is flawless!
I will definitely
Laura Lou
May 29, 2015 Laura Lou rated it it was amazing
This romance novel is so far beyond just a raunchy sex fantasy. The love story between Rori and Colt pentetrates your heart. Throughout this book I laughed and I cried. I didn't want to put it down. I loved it! I also had some parts that touched me on a personal level and for that, I can't thank the author enough for including an aspect that isn't widely talked about. On behalf of my own family and others like us, thank you! I look forward to reading future novels from JL Long. This is a must re ...more
Raychel Faulkner
Mar 01, 2016 Raychel Faulkner rated it really liked it
Rori and Colt's story is about learning to trust, overcome the past and basically just about letting go and willing to take risks. Rori is a single mom determined to make sure her son is taken care of, she has a strong support system and isn't going to be walked on. Colt is a SWAT member, he is loyal, a natural leader and wonderful protector. The story is written smoothly going between both POVs and the characters are developed and relatable. I really enjoyed reading.

Reviewed for UIBB
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 15, 2016 United Indie Book Blog rated it really liked it

Review by Raychel
Kelly
May 17, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it
Colt and Rori's story is a "beautiful fucked up mess" and i loved every bit of it!! Sorry JL i stole that line but it fits so perfectly!! A Dance Worth Dancing is a perfect debut for Jl Long and her Tactical Men Series!! I cant wait to hear about the rest of the team and maybe Luke!! OUTSTANDING JOB JL Long...beautiful start to a long promising career!!!
Barbara Jaros
Sep 27, 2016 Barbara Jaros rated it it was amazing
Stronger together

Rori and Case are such an awesome couple! Together they fight the demons that haunt the both of them. Individually, they are strong and formidable; but together they are unstoppable. It's not an easy road for them, but they do get their happily ever after and isn't that what we all want?
Mary
Oct 01, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing
Let me just say I loved this book and you should read it! Rori and Cole are steamy together. This is the authors debut novel and I am glad I found this one! I read it before the 2nd one in the series.
Feb 18, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
5 star read

I was recommended this book from a friend and it was on kindle unlimited. Never read this author work before. Well I was fully engrossed in the book and loved this story! Definitely will be reading more from this author
Tee
Oct 27, 2016 Tee rated it it was amazing
He loves her

She loves him

I love A dance worth dancing.

This was a beautiful story by JL Long. It definitely danced around some difficult subjects, but JL managed to handle them all with grace.
I am excited to read the next installment from this author.
Michelle Follis
May 30, 2015 Michelle Follis rated it it was amazing
Great first book

This was such an invigorating book. It showed that there really are happy ever afters, especially after what these characters went through.
Marissa Michaelsen
Jul 09, 2015 Marissa Michaelsen rated it it was amazing
Mind Blowing...
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
A great debut novel!! This book had the sweet romance, the protective alpha man, and the HOTNESS. I can't wait for more from J.L Long!!!
Keyla Handley
May 18, 2015 Keyla Handley rated it it was amazing
What a debut! Congrats on your debut! Loved the story! Such a sweet loving story. Loved getting to meet your new characters! I can't wait for your next book!
Laura M.
Apr 21, 2015 Laura M. rated it it was amazing
A very good read! Loved the characters and the storyline! I cant wait to read more books following this one!
Suleika Santana -All About Books
DNF at 40%
Sorry, just not my kind of read.
Jen Wainwright PA
Jun 01, 2017 Jen Wainwright PA rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed me from the Author's Note. Having a Bestie who suffers from combat related PTSD, and knowing what he goes through on a daily basis, his fears, his triggers, the sheer struggle, so I was intrigued with this story.
Colt...ex military, now a SWAT lieutenant, avoids relationships. Partly because he has been let down in the past and partly because of his 'demons.' He has to live with them, how can he ask anyone else to?
Rori...a single mother working in a strip club to make ends meet
Toi
May 28, 2017 Toi rated it really liked it
He loves her – She loves him
Rori has to work at the club for a reason – Colt is only there for a bachelor party when she falls into him – those eyes are eyes you never forget and he remembers her but she doesn’t remember him. When they meet at the store the next day it’s the start of a very touching complicated love story that was beautifully written.
Paula Genereau
May 25, 2017 Paula Genereau rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! This book was amazing. It kept me glued to my seat for hours reading because I couldn't put it down. Rori being a single mom has a lot of trouble with men. She gets hurt or used more than she finds love. When she least expects it she meets Colt. Will she find love with Colt or will he be another guy on her list.
Melinda Mcleod
Jun 05, 2017 Melinda Mcleod rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! It was not just about hot chemistry. There were real life problems and struggles in this story. I would definitely recommend this book!

I was given an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Ashleyjo
Omg what a snooze fest *zzzzzzzzz* of bullshit.

I made it to 25%, but I think I fell asleep three or four times along the way.

Snoozing

Single mom, Rori, is a stripper\cocktail waitress. Usual story of she wants 'better' for herself, but is stuck in the job to pay bills cause she has a kid. *yawn* She meets Colt, a SWAT cop, at said strip club. She, of course, isn't your average Jane stripper... Why, no... She's sweet, smart, innocent, and all that jazz. Despite him getting an immediate lap da
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 17, 2016 Nerdy Dirty & Flirty rated it really liked it
description

A good debut novel…

Roni and Colt each have their own reasons why they aren’t looking for romance. Despite that, an unexpected encounter, and then another one paves the way for more…
Roni is independent and determined to provide the best she can for her son. A revolving door of “uncles” is definitely not in the cards as Maddox deserves better. Taking things slowly is best all the way around though sex is good any way with Colt…

“The icing on the cake for me was the fact that he was tall, like the
« previous 1 3 next »

Tactical Men (2 books)
  • The Sacred Truth (Tactical Men, #2)