Start by marking “Amarse con los ojos abiertos” as Want to Read:
Amarse con los ojos abiertos

Amarse con los ojos abiertos

Un extraño error provocado por un servidor de correo electrónico provoca el encuentro entre un hombre y una mujer. Roberto, un soltero bastante mujeriego y algo cansado de su vida rutinaria, se ve envuelto de forma misteriosa en el intercambio de mensajes entre dos psicólogos que hablan sobre el amor y la pareja.Poco a poco, Roberto se sentirá cada vez más atrapado por la ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Alfaguara (first published March 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Amarse con los ojos abiertos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amarse con los ojos abiertos

Start your review of Amarse con los ojos abiertos
Katya
Nov 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jorge Bucay takes us on an exploration of relationship dynamics by telling us the story of Roberto, who, by a freak accident, becomes privy to a correspondence between two psychologists regarding their incoming book project. At first he is indifferent, but the words in the letters reflect his own love life so well that he actually starts listening.

Ok, on the whole, the book is fine as far as the philosophical theory goes - we get closer than ever to a human being when in love, hence, we become m
Irene Founti
I didn't care for this book a lot.

After telling people I loved Buscaglia they recommended me this book. Well... I didn't get anything from it. I'd like to think that I am emotionally matured in that aspect. I have been in a relationship for 6 years now and these problems occured when we were 16. It's hard for me to imagine full grown adults going through such fights.

I just thought the "advice" was a bit obvious and shallow.
Aristea
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book lacked the actual plot a novel should have- it was minimal. I felt as if Bucay is trying to explain some things about couples in his own words but without actually saying something new or something the reader hadn't heard before. I felt that at certain parta of the book I didn't know what I was reading- it wasn't a novel and it wasn't a professional essay either. In Greece he has been compared to Irvin Yalom- unsuccessfully in my opinion, because tha latter has a mastery in creating a ...more
Martina P
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I don't see Bucay as a therapist writer or his books as self help ones. To me he's a writer who has that miracle way of touching readers minds with his written words.

Voljeti se otvorenih očiju (Amarse con los ojos abiertos) is a different book than others i read from Bucay. It has an interesting storyline with a plot twist (that should be required in every book in my opinion).
Reading was easy and fast so i had to slow down my pace to enjoy it; maybe it was because of everything i already know ab
Rossen Antonov
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The future of relationships is in this book.

"To love you with my eyes closed
is like loving you blindly.
To love you while watching you
would be craziness.
I want someone to love me crazily."

Ivi Oltovska
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved it
Irene
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: phychology
A very enjoyable book about love, that is filled mostly with thoughts and questions rather than tenets and answers. All wrapped inside a story of emails sent to the wrong address.
I have to say i didn't enjoy the storyline as much as the thoughts in the book and I didn't like the protagonist. But all in all I quite liked the book, and I believe it would be helpful to anyone in any romantic relationship, that prompts us to see our partner's flaws and to accept them completely.
Vladimir Tsvetkov
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
How to avoid turning the acceptance of the other into acquiescence, and the faith in the connection into the hopelessness that he/she can show you a better way...?
What is the practice of love beyond the ever eluding acceptance?

I understand the WHATs that the book delivers, but I'm missing the HOWs...
Maja
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me some time to read this, not because I did not like it but because life gets in the way. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has ever been in a relationship or is in one to read it. It has some great messages in it if you are interested in that kind of a thing. Would definitely read other books by the same writer.
Estelle
My first book from Jorge Bucay and the last one. I got some really good advise from it when it comes to my relationship but it just wasn’t my type. I found out slowly that I’m not a fan of his “storytelling” with some “advice” here and there.
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
it's not terribly smart, but it has a terribly loving heart. ...more
Tanja K.
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Book is pretty boring but I was eager to find out the ending. And the ending is boring as well. No twist, nothing surprising. Meh.
Mariana
Interesting
Marija
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I was really intrigued what was in this book. I wanted to read it for quite a while and finally I got the opportunity to do so. The whole idea about writting a book through emails was good and I liked the first half of the book. But then when I was reading the other half it seemed as if the whole "idea" from the start was brought up over and over again. It was not written with the same words but the meaning behind was still the same. Also the way Roberto was answering to Laura's emails was just ...more
Aisling Ceoil
So interesting, and how the story goes... many many things to think about. Who dare to give the step of change the view? Only those ones who love...
Kaynil
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I think this is a good self-help type of book, but if you were looking for a deep plot with it you will most likely be left unsatisfied. Most of it is reading through massive 'email exchanges' information about relationships, ways we cope and project, why some remarks and actions affects us more than others and how to start inside out to better oneself and our relations.

I agreed with most of the advice poured through it, but it seemed a bit two forced at parts. The plot in itself felt kind of
Natalie Black
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was very excited about the book in the beginning but as the pages went by it was getting more and more difficult to read. The book is excellent if you read it as a textbook or a helper about couples and their problems but as a piece of literature it's far from impressive.

At first you can chew and get clearly the ideas of Laura's letters and the storyline helps to stop for a moment and think, assimilate, absorb. But with every new letter the information was more detailed, abstract and hard to
Dasa
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Prikupna knjiga. Osebno sem velik pristaš transakcijse analize, oblike ljubezenskega romana pa ne toliko. Sporočilnost sama po sebi je nadvse odlična, podobnost z Zoranom Milivojevićem ne uide (slednji je tudi sam transakcijski analitik).
Vsekakor priporočam v branje vsem!
Lovely book. I'm a fan of transactional analysis but not so much of a romance novel.
The teachings itself are superb, almost identical to Zoran Milivojević's (also transactional analyst).
A must read for everyone!
Tamara
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
No ordinary reading for me. It was a real page-turner, and I do like the concepts brought up by the author. The ideas are put in quite a chaotic way but it fits in, since the characters are meant to put them together in a book. If you are into this theme and you've got some background psychological knowledge, then the book may prove to be a summary of what you already know. Overall, it definitely gives food for thought and it might even shift one's view of love and relationships in general. ...more
Dimitra Driva
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was with this book that i realized Jorge Bucay could read my mind! Or maybe it was the other way around...?!

In any case it is refreshing to know there are other people on this planet that think like yourself and pretty scary at the same time :)

He is definitely one of my top 5 favorite authors!
Julie Rylie
First book I have ever ever ever read in German - all by myself! <3 ohoh - Proud moment happening here - .

This is a book written by a therapist with a lot of insights about relationships and it's faults and what can be done to surpass the adversities and how you should develop your inner self first and then be capable of join in a mature and healthy relationship with someone else.
Νάνσυ Ρ.
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful book. So many thoughts on personality,relationships and the general view of life. Some ideas may not be of those that you have never thought and you discover for the first time, but it gives you much food for thought. Definitely worth reading, I already recommended it to my best friends. Gonna read more of Bucay's work for sure. ...more
Maria Zamora
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Love with wide open eyes is crazy & not everyone can reach that , but as Marguerite Yourcenay said once: Love is one part of the mixture, though less often, perhaps than is admitted, but the concept of love is itself far from simple" ...more
Dorly
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short read, clever and easy. Made me think a lot about everything, and argue with Bucay quite often. I would recommend it not only to couples - this small book provides a good piece of advice for all human relationships.
Acapella
Jul 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the others but still so true.
Maja
Apr 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Nice, inspiring, flowing read, somewhat superficial, nevertheless, very inspiring, with references to go deeper!
Nadya
May 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
This book got me thinking about so many things, both already experienced and hypothetical ideas I had about love, relationships and...myself. Great read!
Eugenia
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book on understanding relationships and crisis in them.
Ioanna
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of those books that make you think and question everything around our "reality"... one of the books you dont borrow, you read it again and again ...more
2017 Reading Chal...: Amarse con los ojos abiertos 1 11 Jun 02, 2016 02:08PM

• Living, Loving & Learning
  • Το δώρο
  • Бай Ганьо
  • Enamórate de ti: El valor imprescindible de la autoestima
  • Πλάτων
  • El caballero de la armadura oxidada
  • Mind Power Into the 21st Century: Techniques to Harness the Astounding Powers of Thought
  • CUATRO ACUERDOS
  • Το βιβλίο της Κατερίνας
  • Живот в скалите
  • Затворисърце
  • Μικρό χρονικό τρέλας
  • Το μονόγραμμα
  • The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny
  • Να παντρευτεί κανείς ή να μην παντρευτεί;
  • Η μωβ ομπρέλα
  • Не пипай тази книга!
Jorge Bucay is a gestalt psychotherapist, psychodramatist, and writer from Argentina. His books have sold more than 2 million copies around the world, and have been translated into more than seventeen languages.

He was born in a modest family. He started working at the age of thirteen. In the course of his life, he has worked as a traveling salesman selling socks, books and sports clothing, as well

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...
“Настъпят ли трудности в отношенията, първо трябва да осъзнаем, че те са неделима част от пътя към любовта. Не е възможно създаване на интимна връзка без конфликти.
Разрешението е в това да се откажем от илюзията за съвършената двойка...”
7 likes
“Най-доброто,най-точното и жестоко огледало са отношенията с партньора: това е единствената връзка, в която, отразени отблизо, се виждат моите най-лоши и най-добри черти.” 6 likes