Start by marking “The Granite Moth (Kat Stone, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Granite Moth (Kat Stone, #2)

The Granite Moth

(Kat Stone #2)

It begins with a bang: Kathleen Stone is watching her friend Dolly and his fellow drag queens perform at the Halloween Parade when their float explodes. Suspecting sabotage, the club's owner hires Kat to find the culprit. But Kat hasn't given up on bringing gangster Salvatore Magrelli to justice and finds herself pulled between identities. While navigating both the grit an ...more
Published November 16th 2015 by Pegasus Books (first published November 15th 2015)

Start your review of The Granite Moth (Kat Stone, #2)
Steffi
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher, but the views expressed are my own.
Though I'm not a connoisseur of detective novels, I thought this was an engaging representation of the genre. I hadn't read the author's first novel, but I didn't feel lost starting off this one. The author has a strong voice a cast of memorable characters, and I especially enjoyed the friendship between Kat and her drag queen best friend Dolly. I appreciated the no-frills approach to Kat's investi
Jacob Appel
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A face-paced, suspense-filled and highly engaging novel of the first order, The Granite Moth introduces us to ex-NYPD undercover detective turned PI Kathleen Stones, who has mastered as many disguises as Lon Cheney. At time hilarious, and even erudite, Wright brings impressive literary skill and considerable attention to detail to a work that brings to life both New York City and the motley whirlwind of characters who inhabit its various underbellies. A truly riveting book!
thePromoParrot
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
The Granite Moth by Erica Wright is a good mystery with more surprises than one would expect. With a fascinating cast of complex characters, and a plot that is riveting enough to keep you going through to the end, this detective story will hold your breath and leave you amply satisfied. The main protagonist is a multifaceted and intriguing character, well-drawn and well-imagined by Erica Wright, quite simply different from the many other female characters we have come across.

Kathleen Stone is a
Paige Ellen Stone
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: Erica Wright provided me with a free copy of this book in return for a fair review.
That said, in all fairness, this book shows marked improvement, from my perspective, in comparison to her first novel, "The Red Chameleon." I liked that book and my review is easily found on whatever site on which you are reading this review.
Kathleen Stone, a former undercover cop, now working the private sector but still trying to avoid being killed by the "one that got away" from her undercover
Robyn Martin
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Audible
Hobart
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
★ ★ ★ 1/2 (rounded up)
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
Kathleen Stone (sometimes known as Kennedy Vaners, as Katya Lincoln, Kathy Stevens, or Kevin(!)), is a former NYPD undercover officer turned P.I.

You know, typing that sentence made me think of Orphan Black, and I'm now picturing Tatiana Maslany as our main character. Which absolutely works. I may see her in my mind when I get the chance to read the first book about Kathleen, and probably as I write the rest of this.

Wh
Kat Richter
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ms. Wright takes the reader on a series of adventures with her heroine, Kathleen Stone, a former NYPD detective, and current private investigator. The book captured me almost immediately, with a surprising and tragic event that leads Kathleen to take on an additional investigation, even though she's already working on one. The main characters are all engaging and multidimensional, and the parts of the plot will leave you guessing until the last couple pages of the book.
Winnona Pasquini
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Identity as Camouflage: The Granite Moth Takes on Crime

Kathleen Stone has an identity problem. As a private investigator, she uses various disguises and personas to hide her true self—not just to get the information she needs to solve cases, but also to keep herself out of the sight of the mob. Previously, Kathleen had worked undercover investigating members of the Salvatore Magrelli crime family, who she believes are still looking for her, making her driven to get information that will put th
Dale
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The Granite Moth by Erica Wright

Kathleen Stone is a former NYPD officer who has now became a Private Investigator. She is a master of disguise and seldom appears as herself. You might know her as Kennedy Vaners, as Katya Lincoln, Kathy Stevens, or even as a young man named Kevin.

As the story begins, Kathleen is at the Halloween Parade looking for the float from The Pink Parrot, starring her friend Dolly and other female impersonators. Suddenly a juggler stumbles forward and his flaming torch ign
Olivia
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Granite Moth" was a great addition to the Kathleen Stone series. The book begins with a bang that continues throughout as Kathleen searches for who blew up the float. I found the first half much more exciting and fast-paced than the first, but then started to get a little frustrated as she runs out of leads- and then the ending seemed a little abrupt, like the author just decided to finish it off. Overall, I still enjoyed it, but I felt like it could have been so much better! Please note that I ...more
CJ
Jun 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this audio CD through a Goodread's Giveaway. This story was very well written and I was really enjoying listening to the audio version until I hit a big snafu in my opinion. I was rooting for the main character/private investigator hoping she can sift through the various suspects and possibilities of the events that transpired. Suddenly, I thought my audio player must have skipped some tracks because one of the investigations was solved. There were a few times something happened durin ...more
Cybercrone
Nov 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
The most boring and annoying book I've read for ages. The only original writing in the whole thing was the last paragraph. I wouldn't have read it past the first 5 or 10 pages, but I was stuck on a train with nothing else to read.

And again, English usage/spelling was crap! Who edits these things anyway? It's bad enough when someone can't write worth beans, but to have them show their ignorance (3 mistakes in the first page or so) by not knowing the difference between shoot and chute, or passed a
GateGypsy
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was glad to get to this so quickly after the first, and am a little sad I'll have to wait an unknown period of time for the third, but look forward to it all the same.
I appreciate the personal journey Kat Stone is going through, and the intricate web of connections Wright is drawing between the people in her life. I also appreciate the depth her characters have, and that the love interests respond like humans to the situations Kat finds herself in.
Keep it up, Wright :-) I'm interested to see w
Donna
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good mystery. Kat is a complex character - sometimes it is hard to tell who she is. Once a former detective, she is now doing PI work on her own. While watching a parade, an event that affects her friends brings her case close to home. When another case come sup, she realizes things may be more complex and connected than she thought.
Kat is an interesting character and the story flowed well. Enough action and intrigue to keep you reading.
Michele
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
The young private investigator, Kate, modestly admits success, but much more humbly reviews her mistakes. She learns the lessons of failure and of dangerously close encounters with powerful criminals. In the second book of this trilogy, the lightly seasoned PI, methodically, yet with trepidation, solves the murder mysteries, while Erica, the author, carefully shapes and sharpens her literary writing skills, I look forward to the third book.
Vicki
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kathleen Stone is a P.I. with many disguises. When she gets it right, even acquaintances don't recognize her. She is hiding from a mob boss who may be after her but in the meantime, she takes on the case of an attack on a Halloween float that killed two people and injured one of her closest friends. A good mystery with a complex and intriguing detective.
Kathleen Gray
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love this character, who is just enough different from the pack to make the novel interesting. I enjoyed Red Chameleon and am glad to have had the opportunity to read this one in an ARC. Look forward to more from this author.
Michael Norwitz
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Detective novel with female protagonist. There is a lot of potential here, from the main character's love of disguises to the setting in a drag club, but the storyline never seems very energetic and I had trouble distinguishing a lot of the secondary characters from each other.
Lee Parker
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this for free through Goodreads First Reads

Easy and fun to read, the characters had just enough depth to keep you interested. Great for a day on the beach or just lounging around.
Mandy Suttles
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My favorite quote: "...Weren't we all looking for that next reincarnation? The one that would once and for all make us glossy magazine happy." Kathleen Stone is a loner, yet relatable, as she uncovers the truth of a Halloween explosion. Lots of interesting characters!
Brandi
Mar 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
although the premise seemed right up my alley, the execution was, imho, lacking.
Dori

• Letters From Camp
  • Brain Wave
  • The Hours
  • Dan Rather: Stories of a Lifetime
  • The Talisman (The Talisman, #1)
  • Mrs. Dalloway
  • Wake Me When It's Over
  • A Room Full of Bones (Ruth Galloway, #4)
  • The House at Sea's End (Ruth Galloway, #3)
  • Catch Me When I'm Falling (A Charlie Mack Motown Mystery)
  • Ruth's First Christmas Tree  (Ruth Galloway, #4.5)
  • Rewind (Pinx Video Mysteries #4)
  • Land of Shadows (Detective Elouise Norton #1)
  • Who's Sorry Now? (Lady Adelaide Mystery #2)
  • The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
  • Hope Rides Again (Obama Biden Mysteries, #2)
  • The Janus Stone (Ruth Galloway, #2)
  • The Murders of Molly Southbourne (Molly Southbourne, #1)
Erica Wright's essay collection Snake was recently released as part of Bloomsbury's Object Lessons series. Her latest crime novel Famous in Cedarville received a starred review from Publishers Weekly. She is the author of three previous novels including The Red Chameleon, which was one of O: The Oprah Magazine's Best Books of Summer 2014 and was called "riveting" by Publishers Weekly. ...more

Kat Stone (3 books)
  • The Red Chameleon (Kat Stone, #1)
  • The Blue Kingfisher (Kat Stone, #3)