Start by marking “Curve Ball (Homeruns #2)” as Want to Read:
Curve Ball (Homeruns #2)

Curve Ball (Homeruns #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  935 Ratings  ·  143 Reviews
Jason Klein’s living with the fallout from a decision he knew was the right one at the time. He never told anyone about the love of his life, which left him to mourn alone when he found out the man he gave his heart to had been killed in combat. Now, his heart has had time to heal, but he’s not sure he’s ready to let himself move on. Until he meets Cam Morgan…

Without a job
Published July 29th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Curve Ball, please sign up.

Sloan Johnson Lynnita, you're absolutely right! We're working on the last bit of polish now!

Pixie
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: man-on-man-luvin
Things aren’t going well with me and my m/m picks right now. This one (deep sigh) irked me. From the moment Cam and (looks up name) Jason meet its love at first sight. Its instant relationship and instant drama from night one. Sure they had “demons” from their past but this book was so PG-13 with all of it that it just felt…dull. Also Cam….he was a cook, he was way into fashion and his appearance, he was domestic, a nurturer, he hated to be referred to as a twink but he knew that’s what all the ...more
Duck
Jun 14, 2015 marked it as dnf-for-now
21% maybe I'll come back to this but right now I'm feeling this is a bit instalove and chicks with dicks.
Adam
Jul 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
I know, I know. I said I wouldn't try Sloan again, but my friends were all over this book so I gave it a try.

Bad idea. The editing was non-existent, which I could have gotten over had the story been decent but FUCK ME the cliches! Dude, I'm all for diversifying, making sure all types of gay men are represented. But every time I read this author's MF-disguised-as-MM I wonder if she'd ever actually spent time with a gay man that wasn't her hair dresser. I'm not dissing her, I'm just saying there's
Mercedes
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Basic book for basic bitches. Nothing special to see here folks.
Couldn't like either MC. One was a terrible friend and the other was a guy who for most of the book saw the relationship as an exchange of sex for food.
Third book in the series is tempting me with a MMM but I am going to skip it. After two books I have not been impressed by this author.
Gigi
Jul 14, 2015 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-baseball
This was going better than the first one, but I stopped at 30% because one of the MCs isn't a baseball player and I got kinda bored because baseball is half the fun for me.

I know I'm wishy-washy. I hope everyone who reads this enjoys it!
Michael Thompson
Excellent sequel to Wild Pitch!!!

Wow I am so invested in this series. I loved Wild Pitch and couldn't wait to get my hands on the sequel Curve Ball! It didn't disappoint. All of my favorite characters are back and now we get Jason's story.

Another homerun in the Homerun series!!! Next up......Triple Play. Bring it.
Izengabe
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Me acuerdo que uno de los protas era cocinero y acaba yendo al Master Chef (Si me queréis torturar, obligadme a ver este programa)
Sin más... Sports romances que me leía yo cuando estaba con el síndrome de abstinencia post-Wesmie. (Y porque entraban en Kindle Unlimited)
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Jason is a teammate of Sean's. He lost his only love and has been in morning for 7 years. He's never wanted to try another relationship. Never thought about coming out of the closet before, but all that changes as soon as he catches a glimpse of Cam. Cam is Drew's best friend. Cam ran far away from a terrible home life to attend culinary school. After graduating he accepts Drew's invitation to stay with him
BR11
2 and 1/2 mehh stars
Second on the Homeruns series, Jason and Cam's book was a little bit better than Wild Pitch.
It was an ok book, nothing to call home about. The drama sounded too artificial in my opinion.
As in the first book, a lot of editing errors, but I found the story a little more engaging than the first one. We get to read about Mason and Sean (from the first book) and I liked them better here than in their own story.
I doubt I'll read any more books in this series though. None of the b
Matthew Lee
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It was super good! I couldn't stop reading it and I can't wait to find more from this author! Off to find another!
MandaLee
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 SKILLED STARS!

'It's all skill, baby'

It really is! And this author has it. She has a way of bringing these different men's voices across and the reader (or at least for me) not getting lost. I absolutely ADORED this story! There's nothing earth shattering. There's no gimmicks. It's just a story of two men falling in love. And it is SWEET & SEXY. One a baseball player. And the other a culinary school graduate. It was oh so close to perfection for me!
The only thing keeping this from a fu
Mandie *Foxylutely Books!*
This is the second book in the Homerun series and centres around the game of baseball with lots of passion and romance thrown in.

Jason Klein is still getting over the loss of his first love who was killed in combat. He has never stepped out of his self-imposed closet as with being in a tough male sport it was just easier, that is until he meets Cam and then he finds himself not really worrying about what anybody thinks. He wants this young sexy guy who just happens to be a great cook with a cute
Laura V.
Pudo haber sido mejor. Es como Wild Pitch. La variante está en que Drew y Cam han sido mejores amigos de toda la vida y uno tiene sentimientos más profundos por el otro pero no es recíproco ni correspondido. Lo que lo hace asquerosamente incómodo.

No pude disfrutar mucho la relación de Cam y Jason, porque siento que Drew es dejado atrás, you know, Cam se muda con Drew para estar más cerca de su amigo y hacerle compañía mientras él decide qué quiere hacer de su vida. Pero en menos de 24hs conoce a
Deanna Against Censorship
Less baseball in this one and I like baseball in my baseball stories.

The dedication is worth repeating:

For everyone who's ever had a dream. Don't let anything or anyone take that away from you.

I liked that the women were not total one-dimensional bitches in this one. I could follow the POV changes much better than in the first book. There were also much less grammar/editing errors in this book.

I felt the emotions of the MCs' relationship more in the first book but I liked that one of the MCs i
Veronica
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Cam is out and proud and has taken care of himself for so long he struggles to let anyone close. Jason in the closet and tired of it. Neither of them want anything serious. We know what is going to happen when characters say that.

While Jason's first romance tells a tragic tale and Cam clearly had a difficult upbringing, Curve Ball is ultimate a good fluffy m/m romance. I enjoyed the relationship Cam developed with the WAGs a
Chris Hernandez
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm giving it three stars since I'm not sure if I liked it.

I liked Cam and Jason's first meeting. It was like I was the one taking with someone I want to know more about. It was the part I liked the most.

There was something lacking in the story. I can't pinpoint it bt I really there is something missing that could have made the story a bit better. I would have liked more elaboration on the back story of Cam, it seemed lacking to me. My heart broke for Jason for losing Adam. I can't even imagin
Wicked
Mar 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I came so close marking it DNF but I wanted to make sure to leave myself a few notes so I wouldn't mistakenly pick this series up again.

Insta-love, misunderstandings, no communication, no chemistry, lackluster sex, bigger misunderstanding that didn't make sense, awkward dialog, tantrums that don't make sense, cliche and stereotypical and then on top of all that... what amounted to a bit of a cliff hanger. This managed to tick just about every negative button I have.
karlakolumna
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own, kindle, free
Kind of meh. Okay, I guess, but really bland? Idk. I was bored, and can't really say why...
charlotte
dnf at 20% or so
Tammy
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was really disappointed in the characters in this book, both Cam and Jason. I was really looking forward to Jason's story also because he was such a rock to Sean with his relationship issues but he fell really short for me.
My problem with Jason was: 1) why would you go after a team mates friend when you knew he had feelings for
this particular person
2) You were more upset with not having someone to cook you breakfast
rather than Cam not being there in the first place.
3) totally ignoring
Inked Reads
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, m-m
FiveStars
I loved this story. From Drew to Bev, the cook. All of the characters were genuine and loveable.

I did not feel that I needed to have read the first book in the series to know what was going on which was nice. From the beginning, I could tell that Drew was a wonderful friend to Cam.

Then there was Cam. While I did not quite understand his insecurities at first, you did get to read a lot about how he was feeling and the reasons why, which helped the reader feel closer to Cam. His character
Renee W. Tyler,  Battery Operated Book Blog
Sometime when you least expect it, you run into that one person who changes your life in ways you never thought would be possible. They give you a second chance to find what you never truly knew you were missing.

When Cameron Morgan agreed to move in with his best friend Drew, he was a bit unsure at first. Knowing that Drew was a professional baseball player, and having endured enough harassment from athletes, he was unsure what he was walking into. But, Drew was determined to involve him in the
QUEERcentric Books
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Jennifer Marcum for QUEERcentric Books

Curveball by Sloan Johnson is a sweet and sexy story about looking beyond the surface to see what truly lies beneath. It is the second book in Sloan Johnson’s new Homeruns series following Wild Pitch, which was released in June.

Jason Klein has managed to keep secret who he is and who he’s lost. He knew it was the right decision when he made up his mind to keep his life private, but now he’s questioning if it’s time to let the past go and move on
Page Crusherz
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing

After book 1, I was really looking forward to Jason's story, and Curveball did not disappoint!

After reading and enjoying Jason in book 1, I was eager to see who could help this hurt man to overcome his past loss, and learn to love again. Anytime I like a character from a previous book, I know it will take a lot from a new character to make me believe they are good enough for their guy, and Cam definitely did that!

I like Cam's complexities and his struggle
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

I could't wait for Jason's story. I can say I was not disappointed. Curve Ball was everything I thought it would be and more.

BT Urruela on the cover is truly the perfect Jason.

Cam has just finished culinary school and has the opportunity to move to Milwaukee to stay with Drew. A pitcher for the Mavericks. Drew and Cam have been friends for years and with Cam between jobs, it's the perfect time to spend some time togethe
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.mysecretromancebookreviews.com

If you are looking for a sexy m/m read with the addition of it being a sports themed as well then this one is for you. Curve Ball is the second book in the Homeruns series and I loved it even more than the first book. I love sport themed books, and this series so far is a homerun in itself.

I absolutely loved Cam and his love for food. He knew even though he just graduated culinary school that he was damn good, can that be considered cockiness? Possibly but he w
Ruthie Taylor
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads~~

This series is getting better and better - and the preview of book 3 suggests that the trend is going to continue!

This is a romantic rather than angsty read, for which I am grateful - although I did shed a few tears in a couple of places. The baseball team that we first me when Mason and Sean started their relationship is not as closed off as it was, but the revelations that there are definitely more players who are consi
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from More Than Words Promotions in return for a fair and honest review.

I enjoyed this book from start to finish and would definitely recommend Sloan Johnson for all fans of M/M Romance. However, I didn't fall in love with this one as much as I did Godsend. Perhaps it's because I haven't read the first one in the series, I'm not sure. All I can say is that I enjoyed it but didn't love it.

Onto the book itself - the history with both main characters was never fully explained, j
Jennifer Reilley
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book.

I knew after Wild Pitch and getting the first chapter of this book I could not wait. Well, as expected, I fell in love with Cam and Jason in that first chapter.

These two men were meant to compliment each other and be in love.

I love that we get time with Mason And Sean as well as the rest of the secondary characters. Drew and eric could not be any better friends than they are. The all rocked.

I can not wait for Drew and Eric's books.
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • Make You Mine (The Rock Gods, #3)
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • A Mended Man (The Men of Halfway House, #4)
  • On Higher Ground (On Solid Ground, #2)
  • How To Save A Life
  • A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Just Desserts: A Multi-Author Collection of Bite-sized Delights
  • Artistic Endeavor
  • Grand Slam
  • Kissing Alex (Bodyguards Inc #6)
  • In the Fire (In the Kitchen #2)
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Kick (Completion, #3)
  • Double Full (Nice Guys, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Two (Spencer Cohen, #2)
7162059
Sloan Johnson is a big city girl trapped in a country girl’s body. While she longs for the hustle and bustle of New York City or Las Vegas, she hasn’t yet figured out how to sit on the deck with her morning coffee, watching the deer and wild turkeys in the fields while surrounded by concrete and glass.

When she was three, her parents received their first call from the principal asking them to pick
More about Sloan Johnson...

Homeruns (6 books)
  • Wild Pitch (Homeruns #1)
  • Triple Play (Homeruns, #3)
  • Sweet Spot (Homeruns, #4)
  • Change Up (Homeruns #5)
  • Line Drive (Homeruns, #6)