Start by marking “Backyard Ice Rink: A Step-by-Step Guide for Building Your Own Hockey Rink at Home” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Driven in large part by the popularity of the NHL’s Winter Classic, outdoor hockey is enjoying an unprecedented revival. For a sport that began under the open sky, a backyard rink allows for a return to the origins of the game and can provide a memorable neighborhood gathering place and a place for players to train without the expense of indoor ice rental.

In Backyard Ice R
Published November 2nd 2015 by Countryman Press (first published October 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Backyard Ice Rink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backyard Ice Rink

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Backyard Ice Rink: A Step-by-Step Guide for Building Your Own Hockey Rink at Home
Scott
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Backyard Ice Rink, by Joe Proulx is more than a step-by-step guide to building an ice rink in your backyard. The book will motivate, caution, prepare, and entertain...and convince the reader that the idea of building and maintaining a frozen slab of ice in a backyard is perfectly reasonable and achievable. I have built my own rink for 9 consecutive winters and wish I had as thorough a resource as this when starting out. I even learned a few tricks that I look forward to incorporating into this w ...more
Whitney Pittsenbarger
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was very good book. I got it for fun but I am convinced that we need to build a ice rink next year!
Thelma Melendez
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Being a Brooklyn gal, I wouldn't have gotten much use out of this book myself, so I gave it as a gift to a coworker who lives in Connecticut. He actually used it to build a rink for his niece and nephew, and hasn't stopped talking about how great everything turned out! The pictures were the selling point, and the step-by-step guide was easy to follow. Great book!

*I received a copy of this book via Goodreads giveaways
Wolfe
Jan 28, 2016
Steve Lightbourn
Dec 27, 2018
Joe Proulx
Jul 07, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Frederick Rotzien