Start by marking “Visual Note-Taking for Educators: A Teacher's Guide to Student Creativity” as Want to Read:
Visual Note-Taking for Educators: A Teacher's Guide to Student Creativity

Visual Note-Taking for Educators: A Teacher's Guide to Student Creativity

We've come a long way from teachers admonishing students to put away their drawings and take traditional long-form notes. Let's be honest: note-taking is boring and it isn't always the most effective way to retain information. This book is a guide for teachers about getting your students drawing and sketching to learn visually. Whether in elementary school or high school, ...more
Published November 30th 2015 by W. W. Norton Company (first published November 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Visual Note-Taking for Educators, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visual Note-Taking for Educators

Start your review of Visual Note-Taking for Educators: A Teacher's Guide to Student Creativity
Matthew Noe
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was looking for a sort-of... introduction to sketchnoting and grabbed this at the library. While it is fine and all, I am not the right audience for the language here. It is targeted to elementary educators I think and the upbeat, constant praise and energetic language just turned me off.
Heather Sobek
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be really interesting! There are definitely ideas presented here that I can take and use immediately in my classroom. I appreciated the brain research that backed up the author's ideas. I feel like it's too often that education books present ideas that seem good without really backing them up with evidence that they're best practice.

The format of the book (wide and short) really bugged me, though. It made it feel hard to read.
Jimmy In
All educators should read this book. It is full of tips of how teaching and learning can be improved through educational sketches.
Debs Taylor
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent tool for teachers interested in helping students take good, meaningful notes while engaging with, and applying, the content. Pillars goes to great lengths to show how her ideas are built on current brain research.
Steve Silbert
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insightful and relevant

Im an adult who is not a teacher of children. Nevertheless, Wendi walks you through insights as to why adults are the way they are. As a concept, sketchnoting can be used by adults for the same reasons that edu-sketching can be used to help children.
Kevin Hodgson
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great resource for sketch-noting .. with examples and theory/science behind how art enhances memory and understanding
Temara