Start by marking “All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke” as Want to Read:
All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke

All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke

(Season's Original 0.5)

The holidays are a time for dining, dancing, and of course—dukes! Celebrate the Christmas season with this enchanting collection of historical romances featuring the most eligible bachelors of the ton…

A childish prank may have reunited the Duke of Hollingsworth with his estranged wife, but only the magic of Christmas will show this couple ’tis the season of second chances…
Published December 1st 2015 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
The Duke&Duchess Trap - Valerie Bowman. -3 Stars
Basically a historical version of the movie 'Parent Trap'

Sophie and the Duke - Tiffany Clare -3 Stars
'Cinderella' redone historically. Reunion-romance between childhood friends.

The Duke's Christmas Wish - Vivienne Lorret 4.75 stars
The Best one so far ! A re-write of Princess and the Frog with an adorable blue stocking couple. Loved them x

One Magic Season-Ashlyn Macnamara 2.5 stars
Lacks content comparatively.Nothing very memorable.
Milica's Bookshelf
The Duke&Duchess Trap - Valerie Bowman. -3 Stars
Sophie and the Duke - Tiffany Clare -4 Stars
The Duke's Christmas Wish - Vivienne Lorret 4.5 stars
One Magic Season-Ashlyn Macnamara 2.5 stars
Amanda
If I was just rating The Duke’s Christmas Wish by Vivienne Lorret, I’d give it 4-stars easily as it was my kind of catnip. The story revolved around a starchy, science-minded hero who invents a mathematical matchmaking system for the ton and whose experiment quickly goes awry when the brilliant, yet wholly unsuitable according to his theory, heroine appears on the scene and steals his heart. Chaos in the form of broken elevators, clandestine hand touches, kisses against bookshelves and an errant ...more
Lisa Filipe
What a wonderful, lighthearted read! Will leave you smiling!

I have to say, if you are a reader of my blog, you know that I don't read a lot of historical's (usually limited to Lisa Kleypas and now Vivienne Lorret), but I saw this one was four novellas, and those are usually quick reads, so I gave this one a shot...and I am so so glad I did!!

I have to say, I truly enjoyed all of the four titles, they were creative, festive, and just the perfect mix of sexy and romantic! I did thoroughly enjoy Val
Phoenix77
Averaged out to 3.5 stars

Some of the stories were much stronger than others but my overwhelming problem was that they were all too short! By the time the action has put the main characters together and the story picks up some momentum (and we get a quickly sex scene) all the problems are resolved within a few pages and we get “The End.”

There are two really great stories in this group that are crying out to be expanded into a full length story, or at least a longer novella.
Valerie Bowman
Dec 03, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Duke and Duchess Trap!
Karishma
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars Overall

The Duke and Duchess Trap - Valerie Bowman - 2.5 stars
An HR take on The Parent Trap.

Sophie and the Duke by Tiffany Clare - 2.5 stars
The first story I have read by the author. Enjoyable, and I may pick up more from her.

The Duke's Christmas Wish - Vivienne Lorret - 5 Stars
This is the best part of this collection - it is also included in A Christmas to Remember which is a better buy IMO
Loved it so much.
This is what a novella should be like - complete, not rushed!
The characters an
Annie
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Honestly, this was a 3 star anthology. I just wanted to see if the overall rating would change if I gave it 4 stars lol

Edit: It did
Andrea
Okay, so I only read this for Vivienne Lorret's novella because I read the first book in her The Season's Original series before this, and it left me with the feeling that I was missing some things. Overall:

The Duke and Duchess Trap by Valerie Bowman: 2 stars
Basically a regency Parent Trap version, down to some lines directly from the second Disney adaptation with Lindsay Lohan. Meh. The only thing I liked was that (view spoiler)
Amy
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Pamela
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
3.5 stars overall. Some I liked more than others.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
The Duke and Duchess Trap by Valerie Bowman

I am sure this has been said more than one time but let be just say it again. This read is a blatant reminder of the movie 'The Parent Trap'. Right down to the twin daughters. The separation. The lingering love. The why you did not come after me. It was all there but in Regency style romance. This was a delightful read.

Sophie and the Duke by Tiffany Clare

I felt a few different things here. The early childhood bond between Sophie and shall I say it 'HER
SmartBitches
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Normally I’m pretty cynical about Christmas. I’m not a practicing Christian, and I’ve worked in either retail or logistics long enough that the commercialism and chaos that precedes the holiday season exhausts me (I once worked till 2 a.m. so a shipment of children’s bedsheets that were on sale would hit the store in time for Black Friday–then slept for four hours and went back into work).

This year, though, I’m clinging to anything happy and festive, des
Donna
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable Christmas anthology.

Valerie Bowman's story was a take on the movie "The Parent Trap". Since I grew up watching Hayley Mills' movies I loved it!

Tiffany Clare's story was a Cinderella tale. I liked it a lot but wondered, since the heroine was a Lady, why her father had never set aside a dowry for her when he remarried.

Vivian Lorrett's Duke was an inventor and sure he had a formula for making matches with no emotions. That worked until he fell in love. This was fun.

Ashlyn
Jujubee
Everything I wanted! 4.5 stars for this anthology. A welcome addition to any lover of Christmas-themed period romances library's. And very re-readable!
My ratings individually:
The Duke and Duchess Trap, Valerie Bowman 4 delightful stars
Sophie and The Duke, Tiffany Clare 4.5 reconnection stars. Loved Sophie!
The Duke's Christmas Wish, Vivienne Lorret 5 perfect romance chemistry stars. So much that I one-clicked the three novels in the series Season's Originals!
One Magic Season, Ashlyn Macnamara 4 s
Kristi
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
The first novella is “The Duke and Duchess Trap” by Valerie Bowman — 2.0

I was disgusted and disappointed with the hero.

(Slight spoiler alert and rant)

I hate when the hero professes to have always loved a women, most especially one his married to, but has “meaningless” affairs during their separation even though the heroine has not (not that I would like that either). If I am to believe that the love means something, then the affairs — sex with another person — is NOT meaningless to me.  If the
AnnMarie
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To begin with I thought this anthology, as well as having a Christmas theme, had a theme of taking a classic movie/story and giving it a regency twist. The first two stories I believe are based on The Parent Trap, and Cinderella. Neither fully follow the plots of those stories, so still manage to be original and a pleasure to read.
The latter 2 stories though don't follow that regency twist theme, so that put pay to my original idea. Either way, the anthology is a real delight to read.

The Duke a
Lexie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday-reads
Overall a joyful collection filled with a surprising variety of circumstances. I did find it funny when in "One Magic Season" the heroine, Patience, reflects on just how many Dukes there were. As any romance reader knows there's an infinite number of young, virile, attractive Dukes out there just WAITING to be swept off their feet.
Andrea Guy
I have always been a sucker for Christmas Historical compilations. This book is absolutely fabulous. Usually there's a week story in the bunch, but not here.

Of the four novellas included in this book I loved The Duke and Duchess Trap. You can guess by the title that it is a twist on The Parent Trap. It is done so beautifully well. The children were perfect. I just love Gena and Evie and their pranks.

Like The Parent Trap each parent has custody of one twin and the children don't know about each
Jenny Koch
The Duke and Duchess Trap:
At the start when I realized this was basically The Parent Trap, Regency version, I was SO FREAKING EXCITED. In the end, I didn't quite care enough about the couple to really fall into the story though.

Sophie & the Duke:
A Cinderella type story. It's not holding my attention. I think I'm done with the entire anthology.

DNF
Mary
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this anthology. The first story is a clever historical romance take on "The Parent Trap". The second is a pseudo "Cinderella". The third is a "Frog Prince" story. The fourth is a lovely lesson in "Second Chances".

I liked the characters in all of the stories and most were very fast paced. It was a very lovely Christmas read.
Gawelleb
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
1ére histoire : 4/5 , c'était mimi comme tout, très fleur bleue, très Noël
2éme histoire : 2/5 trop Cendrillon pour moi ...
3éme histoire : 4/5, des débuts difficiles mais une histoire qu'au final, j'ai beaucoup aimé avec de l'émotion!
4éme histoire : 3/5
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Good read

Good stories of Christmas love!! This book of novellas was worth the wait (I saw it last year) and some made me cry!!
Maria
Overall this anthology was ok. Since the book is rated as a whole 2/4 were good, 1 I could have done without and 1 was off the charts fantastic.

If possible that I could just rate this one story,The Duke's Christmas Wish, this would have been 4.5 stars because I absolutely loved Vivienne Lorrett's story - Ivy and Northcliff were fantastic, witty, smart, flirty, incorrigible, and realistic.
Cecilia Rodriguez
A collection of four Regency Christmas Romances.
Valerie Bowman's story uses the Disney movie: "The Parent Trap," as inspiration.
Sophie and the Duke, by Tiffany Clare uses the classic "Cinderella" trope.
The Duke's Christmas wish, by Vivienne Lorret, makes frequent references to: "The Frog
Prince."
One Magic Season by Ashlyn Macnamara, is the final story, and the one with the most steam.
Shea
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a collection of short stories and I enjoyed some more than others. The first was basically "The Parent Trap" set in Regency period. The second had strong Cinderella tendencies. The third and fourth stories were more original. A nice escape from the business and stress of Christmas planning while still keeping in the spirit of the season.
carrietracy
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty gosh darn cute for a Christmas anthology. There's a parent trap retelling (OH COME ON YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT), a Cinderella variation, a plunge in an unsteady elevator and a Duke with a broken down carriage who just happens to be the lost love of the lady who must rescue him.

MC
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was fun and exactly what I expected.
Merrin
Cuuuuuuute

About what you'd expect for Christmas short stories, but definitely super cute. The Linnet story was definitely my favorite, but I've read in that series before.
Cris Conquers
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Duke and Duchess Trap by Valerie Bowman
The Parent Trap was one of my favorite movies growing up and I think the premise really lends itself to a Regency adaptation. In this story, the focus is really more on the parents side and the romantic aspect of the situation rather than the children getting to know each other and their new-found parent. Although I enjoyed many aspects of the story, for me the fact that Nathaniel had had affairs with several random widows throughout their 12 years apar
  • Christmas in Duke Street
  • At the Christmas Wedding
  • Christmas Brides
  • The Last Chance Christmas Ball
  • A Christmas to Remember (The Lost Lords of Pembrook #2.5)
  • Dressed to Kiss
  • This Earl is on Fire (Season's Original #2)
  • A Pirate for Christmas
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)
  • The Heart of Christmas (Carhart #0.5; Tallants #3.5)
  • Five Golden Rings: A Christmas Collection
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • A Very Matchmaker Christmas
  • Three Nights before Christmas (Wild Montana Nights, #3)
Valerie Bowman is an award-winning author who writes Regency-set historical romance novels aka Racy Regency Romps!

Valerie’s debut novel was published in 2012. Since then, her books have received starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly, Booklist, and Kirkus. She’s been an RT Reviewers’ Choice nominee for Best First Historical Romance and Best Historical Romance Love and Laughter. Two of her books h

Season's Original (3 books)
  • The Debutante Is Mine (Season's Original, #1)
  • This Earl is on Fire (Season's Original #2)
  • When a Marquess Loves a Woman (Season's Original #3)