Start by marking “Duke of My Heart (Season for Scandal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Duke of My Heart (Season for Scandal, #1)

Duke of My Heart

(Season for Scandal #1)

Scandal can be handled...

Captain Maximus Harcourt, the unconventional tenth Duke of Alderidge, can deal with tropical storms, raging seas, and the fiercest of pirates. But he's returned home from his latest voyage to find a naked earl—quite inconveniently deceased—tied to his missing sister's bed. And he has only one place to turn. Now he's at the mercy of the captivating
Mass Market Paperback, 316 pages
Published January 26th 2016 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Duke of My Heart, please sign up.
Kelly Bowen Yes, it is Elise, her associate who has the scar. The next in the series, A Duke to Remember, will reveal just how she ended up shot... Hope you enjoy…moreYes, it is Elise, her associate who has the scar. The next in the series, A Duke to Remember, will reveal just how she ended up shot... Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!(less)

Stacey is Sassy
The Duchess liked giving orders to the Captain.

I enjoyed Duke of My Heart from the very beginning to the very end. The opening scene sucked me in with the surprising storyline of a dead Earl tied with silk scarves to the bed of a debutante. Ooh, kinky. I don’t normally expect kinky on the first page of a story, let alone a historical romance. I think the opening scene was even more interesting because we look at it through the eyes of Miss Ivory Moore. I liked Ivory from the first page through t
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

The hero bumbles around a lot and doesn't get an opportunity to shine while the heroine was strong and awesome. Overall, the historical feel was missing for me, not sure if due to how the heroine was living her life or what but I missed it. The hero just wasn't a strong presence for me and the mystery part of the story felt a little vague and over with earlier on. The author's writing is incredibly strong and I enjoy it but I almost feel like she would be a better fit in contemporaries.
Mei
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
What a wonderful book!
And what an interesting couple! I loved both of them!
A very unsual story with a very unusual heroine who knows what has to be done better than the hero! Very, very interesting!
Bravo Ms. Bowen!! An very good and interesting romance with just the right amount of action and intelligence!
I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!
Caz
Is anyone else confused by the choice of the dress for the cover model? The book is set in 1819 and that is most definitely NOT a late Regency era dress.

I thoroughly enjoyed the books I read in Kelly Bowen’s début Dukes of Worth series last year, and had marked her out as a new author to watch as a result. In Duke of My Heart she has once again crafted an entertaining story that is well-written and strongly characterised, with deft touches of humour and a nicely developed romance.

Maximus Harco
Zoe
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very promising writing. My problem as always lies with the character. Ivory Moore's character is just a bit too much. She was a superwoman. A famous opera singer, a duchess, a lady-detective. She was resourceful, determined and could do everything better than anyone. At one point I just started thinking wow I am sure she is wonderful and all but she was just too over the top for me.

Max the hero was completely overshadowed by Ivory. He did alright in the beginning but somehow Ivory proved (and n
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

DUKE OF MY HEART is my first foray into Kelly Bowen’s writing and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The storyline especially because this is like nothing else I’ve read before. See, the premise of the story is about a woman whose job is to cover up society’s indiscretions, for a fee. Miss Moore finds herself at the Duke of Alderidge’s home during a party because his sister is nowhere to be found, and there’s a dead body naked, tied to her bed. Her job is to cover that up so th
Joanna Loves Reading

This was my first Kelly Bowen, and it is very clear that she has talent. This will not be my last. While not a spy novel, it feels like one. It starts with intrigue and that carries through the most of the book. She deftly handles the reveal of clues, keeps you guessing to the end with well-paced twists and turns. The main problem I had was that once the intrigue is resolved, and the story focuses on the love story nearly entirely, there is another twist. This twist felt wrong and was a
Caz
I've given this a B for both narration and content at AudioGals.

I had pegged Kelly Bowen as an author to watch last year after I read and enjoyed her second book, A Good Rogue is Hard to Find, so I was pleased to see there was an audio version of Duke of My Heart, the first book in her new A Season for Scandal series. Ms Bowen is an excellent storyteller with a deftly humorous touch, and she has the knack for creating memorable and engaging characters, things she puts to good effect in her lat
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
I loved A Duke to Remember, the second book in Kelly Bowen’s Season for Scandal series, and knew I wanted to read the rest of the series. Ivory Moore and her husband, Maximus Harcourt, Duke of Alderidge, were important secondary characters in that book and Duke of My Heart is the story of how they met and fell in love.

Ivory Moore has a secret past that only a few trusted associates are privy to. Using only her wits and resourcefulness, she has forged a new, independent life as owner of Chegarr
Jo
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“You shouldn’t have to be fine, Ivory. You should be free. Protected from things that you survived once and that you shouldn’t have to survive again.” He brushed his lips across her forehead. “I want to do that for you.”

I really enjoyed this book! What I love most about this author is her unconventional and strong-willed heroines, and Ivory did not disappoint.

From the opening scene I was engrossed in this book. Miss Ivory Moore has been summoned to the house of the Duke of Alderidge, and w

Tracy T.
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing story! LOVED IT! (audible review)

WOW WOW WOW!!! I enjoyed every minute of this book! I didn't want it to end. One of the best historical romance books I have listened to in a long time. The heroine Ivory has to be one of my favorites! Loved her. She was smart, witty, and just wonderful! Loved Max the Duke of Alderidge, fantastic hero.

This is one of the best story lines and plots written for a historical romance. The dialogue throughout the book was fantastic and there was lot
Keri
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Bowen continues to bring a fresh voice to historical romances and this Regency romance is no exception. Chegarre and Associates is whom the TON calls upon when they have some issue that they can't deal with in a normal fashion. You know someone dies in your bed that isn't you husband, give them a call and let them handle all of your hide-the-body or disguise-the-truth needs. That is exactly what Maximus Harcourt comes home to. Ivory Moore helping Max's sister and aunt hide the body in his ...more
herdys
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 stars! I really enjoyed this new series and all the wonderful characters that hopefully will get a book too, though there are too many of them lol.

The romance was nice though I didn't care for Maximus at first. I never liked alpha heroes who think they know best. At least he did stop to actually think and realized he needed help from our Wonderful Miss Ivory. Bowen keeps writing such delightful, human and flawed heroines. I wish some of the heroes were as good, or as interesting.

The mystery
Jen Davis
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by Kelly Bowen, and I enjoyed this book so much, I am already thinking about checking out her backlist. This is the first in her Season For Scandal series, so there is no better time for you to give her a try too. This story has a fabulous, independent and capable heroine and a hero willing to put aside his need for propriety and control to protect the people he loves. All that, plus an engaging story with good pacing that had me reading the entire book in one sitting.

Maxim
Ursula
This is a book of my heart, if you will pardon the bad pun. It is interesting from the very first page, with a naked, dead body in a debutante's bed and two women working in tandem to clear up the mess, prevent a scandal and save the deb's reputation. And this book is so strong in its portrayal of the main woman, Ivory Moore.
There are so many things I loved about this story:
The heroine runs her own business and is extremely successful.
The heroine was married for a short time to an older man who
Natalie
"I did a lot of things to survive in my life, things that I cannot apologize for because they have, in the end, brought me here. But I am done surviving that life. Ivory Bellafiore no longer exists, nor will she ever again. I am no longer something to be owned. My destiny is mine to choose, mine to control. Do you understand?"

Ivory Moore definitely gets on the express one way train to my Favorite Romance Heroines Hall of Fame. I liked the romance too, but this book was all about her and her life
Amanda
“The careful barriers that she had built around herself were crumbling like a wall of sand in the face of a rising tide. Maximus Harcourt was no longer a client, any more than he was an amusement or a distraction. There was no point in pretending anymore, and with that admission a weight seemed to slide away from her. For better or for worse, this man had become something more.”

While there was no question that I enjoyed Duke of My Heart immensely, it felt like the book’s focus was mor
OLT
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story starts out with quite the attention-grabbing scene. A naked and very dead earl, tied to Lady Beatrice Harcourt's bed with red ribbons, Lady Bea's clothes in sight but no Lady Bea. Cue the Fixer (Fixeress?), heroine Ivory Moore of Chegarre and Associates, called in by Bea's aunt Helen to keep this from becoming a scandal that will ruin the absent Bea.

Add in hero Maximus Harcourt, Duke of Alderidge, who spends his time as Captain Harcourt on the open sea, but just happens to be back in
Trish R.
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome..

I just love having to stop long enough to laugh out loud again and again. BUT mostly I love, love, love sexual tension in a book, and this one has a lot. I don’t even care if there’s sex as long as the tension is there. I absolutely, positively hate it when there’s no desire, no lust, no thoughts, no nothing, then there’s an explicit sex scene or two. AND some reviewers call that “hot and steamy.” Umm, no it’s not! It’s sex thrown in because sex sells. BUT there’s NOTHING that led up to
Literati Literature Lovers
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

Review

This is a fun and fanciful, and a tad far fetched, but sometimes far fetched makes for a quick and cute read.  In Duke of my Heart by Kelly Bowan, a very stubborn and modern twentieth first century woman is plopped down in nineteenth century London,  in the female protagonist Ivory Moore. Ivory is a problem fixer for the aristocrats of 1819 London. She is cleaver, beautiful and a master manipulator, in her job she has to be, as she solves very messy hiccups in the gleaming lives of the
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
This was my first Kelly Bowen book and I admit, I won't be rushing to read her next one. Although I didn't dislike anything about this book, I didn't really like anything too much either and I did find my mind wandering whilst I was reading. Yup, you guessed it, I was bored.

But, perhaps I just wasn't in the mood, after all there was a piratical Duke, a very capable heroine and a missing sister with a dead libertine tied to her bed by red silken ties; It doesn't get much more exciting than that.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
As usual Kelly Bowen does not disappoint.

I absolutely enjoyed this book, she weaves her stories in such a way that it drags you in and you have to stop everything you're doing just to finish any of her work.

The heroine was such an alpha , used to taking control of situations around her, a total no nonsense lady.

Our hero Max was just all the right shades of perfection.

It's not often that I find a book where I can like both the main characters as well as the secondary character like I did in t
Mariana
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5⭐

I don't know. Maybe this rating isn't fair, and I just wasn't in the mood. However, I did not enjoy this book as much as the two previous Kelly Bowen books I read. It just wasn't a page turner for me, and the ending felt too abrupt.
Andree
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Super into this. Mostly, because the couple just works. Ivory's just outside of polite society (but in a way that means she understands it really well), and she fixes the problems of those within it (which is just fun). Alderidge, I'm not gonna lie, is a dashing sea captain who is compared to a pirate more than once (though to be fair, it's more a physical comparison than anything else). But he somehow manages to do that without annoying me. I just really ended up liking them as a pair.

Alderidg
WTF Are You Reading?
Maximus Harcourt, Duke of Aldridge, never expected to return home from time spent at sea to people cavorting in evening finery in his ballroom.

As assuredly vexing as he may have found the goings on downstairs. They could in no way hold a candle to the dead Earl of Debarry tied to his sister's bed, the mysterious absenteeism of said wayward sibling, or the unflagging professionalism of the captivating woman charged with finding the missing Miss, and evacuating the expired Earl. All upstairs of co
Blodeuedd Finland
The heroine in this one was awesome. She was so different and could take care of herself, and she was not ton, aye maybe that was why it was so fun.

Ivory helps people with those kind of things that people do not want other people to know about *wink wink* She knows her way around the underworld in London, and she knows the Ton. Even if they pretend they do not even know about her.

Max loves the sea, but Max. Seriously, you left your sister at home with her aunt. And when it came to the aunt, I wo
Phoenix77
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I greatly enjoyed Kelly Bowen’s début Dukes of Worth series. She has a knack for creating interesting female characters who live and work outside of the normal roles society would have them play. Her new book Duke of My Heart takes some the best traits from her earlier heroines and wraps them all into a woman whose intelligence and wit are matched by a duke used to surviving by his own instincts and savvy.

Please read the full review at All About Romance
Rachel C.
I've got one overwhelming thing to say for this book: go Ivory! I love that the heroine of this book was so kick$$$. And I'm glad that the ending of this book was happy and all, but I really want to know how much Ivory drives Max nuts later on... Oh, well, I'll take my HEAs that aren't overwhelmingly sappy where I can get them.
Miss Rail
Personal Review at hearts-of.mine.com
I loved reading an historical romance with such a strong leading Lady that's far from the usual virgin or wallflower.
I don't mind those heroines at all in historicals but strong female characters are a rarity.

An ex opera singer that becomed a duchess hated by her husband's family and secretly envied but publicly shunned by the ton.

Her husband was her best friend, her companion, the first man that had truly cared for her instead of using her like all the other men come before him.

Widowed 5 year
Evie
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, though the end left me craving for a bit more. Maybe it's just me but it kind of seemed as though it ended abruptly.

Miss Ivory More used to be a Duchess but since her husband passed and given that his family weren't a fan of hers, she hides in a business both she and her deceased husband created. They'd known once he was gone his family would refuse to give Ivory her place as a Duchess.

Everyone in the ton knows who Chegarre & Associates is, but no one will admit i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Historical Romanc...: BR: Duke of My Heart 49 24 Jul 11, 2017 03:33PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jul 19, 2015 06:37PM

• Scandal Takes the Stage (The Wicked Quills of London, #2)
  • When a Marquess Loves a Woman (Season's Original #3)
  • For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)
  • The Lie and the Lady (Winner Takes All, #2)
  • Duke of Pleasure (Maiden Lane, #11)
  • Fool Me Twice (Rules for the Reckless, #2)
  • Beauty Like the Night (Spymasters, #6)
  • In Search of Scandal (London Explorers, #1)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • A Wicked Way to Win an Earl (Sutherland Scandals, #1)
  • Scandal in the Night (The Reckless Brides, #3)
  • A Tryst with Trouble
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1)
  • It Started With a Scandal (Pennyroyal Green, #10)
Kelly Bowen grew up in Manitoba, Canada. She worked her way through her teenage years as a back country trail guide and ranch hand. She attended the University of Manitoba and earned a Master of Science degree in veterinary physiology and endocrinology.

But it was Kelly's infatuation with history and a weakness for a good love story that led her down the path of historical romance. When she is not

Season for Scandal (3 books)
  • A Duke to Remember (Season for Scandal, #2)
  • Between the Devil and the Duke (Season for Scandal, #3)
“It shimmered where the candlelight danced across its surface, its rich crimson and sumptuous garnet hues swirling in the cascading lengths.” 0 likes