Start by marking “The Curses (The Graces, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Curses (The Graces, #2)

The Curses

(The Graces #2)

Picking up the pieces after the chilling events of the previous year isn’t easy, but the Graces are determined to do it. Wolf is back after a mysterious disappearance, and everyone’s eager to return to normal. Except for Summer, the youngest Grace. Summer has a knack for discovering the truth—and something is troubling her. After a trail of clues leads her to what could be ...more
Published December 31st 2018 by Amulet Books

Start your review of The Curses (The Graces, #2)
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
The old saying of 'Careful what you wish for' gets illustrated in all its glorious intensity.
Enakelgh covens…
Q: Wishes as curses. (c) Q: … all the tantalising things... (c) Q: There are more of us. (с)
And when things do get out of hands... well: Q: ‘Needs must when the devil drives.’ (c)

Q:
We liked to allow our secret selves out of their everyday cages, just for a little while. (c)
Q:
It must be tough trying to diagnose a severe case of resurrection. (c)
Q:
‘Oh god, it’s freezing,’ ...
‘It’s bracing
C.G. Drews
Everything about the aesthetics of this book absolutely fills my soul. It's witchy and deeply magical, it's deliciously vibrant, and so sensory that I can always taste the mulberries and smell the herbs with them. The entire book is a feast of power...and selfishness and insecurity and grief. And gughsgh I just love that. And honestly I've been waiting for this book since 2016 so finally getting to read it made my heart beat so much faster.

Also having it narrated by Summer was amazing, because s
lexi  *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*
I only want to read this because of the ending of the first book. Nothing else.
falling asleep reading
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think this book went in a very different direction from what the author had originally planned. From what I remember this was supposed to be released early 2017 and was pushed back to early 2019? Two whole years and ummmm it kind of shows! The story was enjoyable nonetheless just not what I was expecting, I guess.

At least we finally know River’s birth name!
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Review first appeared on The Bent Bookworm!*~

Be forewarned, there is swearing involved in this review, because, um…

What TF just happened.

I really wanted to review The Curses without giving spoilers for the first one, The Graces, but it’s so damn difficult because you absolutely cannot be reading this one without reading the first. Please don’t even try. So yes, there are some spoilery comments for the FIRST book contained in this review.
You should be tolerant of every kind of behavior…except
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

The Curses is the sequel to The Graces, told from the point of view of the youngest Grace sibling, air witch Summer. With the time elapsed between releases, I did re-read The Graces: I planned on doing a light, skimming re-read, but it sucked me in and I really enjoyed it - probably more the second time that I did the first. It made me even more excited and eager to dive into The Curses.

With the return of Wolf, Summer is more invested tha
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2018, arcs, ya
Kiersten and I both really enjoyed the first book in this series, and couldn't wait to return to the world of The Graces. Eve switched things up a bit with book two, and I really enjoyed the changes.

One of the biggest changes was that the story was told by Summer. This really changed the whole tone of the book for me. Summer was a Grace, and watching the story unfold from an insider's point of view versus an outsider's point of view, really shed some light on a lot of different things. And let's
Mizuki
May 27, 2020 is currently reading it
Review for book 1: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

After the witchcraft went wrong disaster at the end of book 1, the witchy Grace couple decided to send their three witchy children to a...you guessed it, a boarding school. But the youngest of the siblings, Summer felt something was still amiss among the three Grace children and their old neighborhood and this oddity might have something to do with River Page, the new girl in school who seems to have outstanding talent on witchcraft.

Sam & Isabelle (CapuletReads)
Dec 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
When I found out there was going to be another book in this series I was first and foremost, baffled.

The first book to this series, The Graces, was a mess that I only picked up because of the gorgeous cover, which was the only thing I liked. When I saw The Curses I decided to give the series another chance. The first book may have been a mess but maybe the second would be more coherent.

It wasn’t.

Like the first book, the plot kept changing over and over. I often found myself confused at what the
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
↠ 4 stars

Laure Eve works a really wonderful story full of magical fabulism, but this one is likely a lot more digestible for most because the narrator isn’t River, like it was in the prior book, but Summer, who is more easily likeable. I actually liked River’s unreliability as a narrator, but I do think Summer’s voice is better in this story as she’s closer to the issue in this book.

One of the things I liked about the previous book, and this one too, is the focus on friendship rather than roma
Deryk Mason II
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series was interesting to say the least. Magic and the relationship between parents and children were at the forefront of this duology. It was a surprise to even me that I liked this book as much as I did considering how I came across it. Short and sweet, in my personal opinion.
Suzanne
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
True magic and mayhem follow the Graces as they navigate their way through friendship, fitting in, and love. I loved the ending and the twists they encountered.
Beth Knight
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning finale to this two partner, mysterious, taut, and emotionally charged, Laure Eve changes narrator but maintains the incredible energy that made The Graces so enigmatically addictive.
Chameleon Bay
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had only vague impressions about the first book in this series, the Graces - so the emotional, novella-leght review I had written about it really managed to surprise even myself :D i had literally no memory about all the Twilight references and "manlier kind of vanillas" I had ranted about in there - which is a good thing, obviously. I found none of that cringey stuff in the Curses, maybe because the POV had changed.

So what I did remember was that the Graces were witches and the main character
Kate Henderson
Really disappointed with this book. Loved the first one. Kept me guessing throughout and was completely engrossed. This second book in the series just didn’t give me the same feels. Found it a lot slower pace and the overall plot felt a lot slower and less gripping. I liked the fact that this book was from a different perspective. (Summer instead of river) but that’s about the only thing I did like. I usually love Laure Eve. But so gutted to admit I didn’t really like this one.
Karyl Ahn White
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Curses by Laura Eve - A Graces Novel
Blurb~
“Picking up the pieces after the chilling events of the previous year isn’t easy, but the Grace siblings are determined. Wolf is back after a mysterious disappearance, and everyone’s eager to return to normal. Except Summer, the youngest Grace. Summer has a knack for discovering the truth—and something is troubling her. But exposing secrets is a dangerous game, and it’s not one Summer can win alone. At Summer’s behest, the coven comes back together,
Louise Wilkes
May 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I don't know whether I'm just gonna wait til the future or if I'm done with this book. I loved the first book but I cannot get into summers perspective. Just not for me. Shame really.
Elizabeth
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I saw the book reveal a few weeks back (March 3rd) in Laure Eve's twitter feed and I got to say I'm super excited for the book! The first one was so mysterious, I was confused between rating it 4 or 3 stars. The cover is as gorgeous as the first one! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy! The synopsis is exciting as well.

Chante Marie
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~ARC provided by NetGalley~

Yaasss witchy reads!!! Bravo to the sequel. Although a little sluggish in some parts it was definitely a more magic centered read than the first one, which I enjoyed. I also appreciated accusing everyone of being the bad guy hahahaha! I enjoyed this book, hope there's a third!!!
Emily
Dec 02, 2018 added it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I don't exactly know why I wanted to read this, since I didn't really love the first one or anything. I didn't really love this one, either. It was exciting, but it didn't make the most sense.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 outta 5! It's been a long time coming but I'm so glad that it lived up to the first book, and more. Full review on The Copper Boom soon!
Gabrielle
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I loved The Graces despite the flaws it had, maybe even because of them. It could've been because no one else really liked the strange book, and for me it fit into my exact mood at the right time. This book is the complete opposite. I don't like this book at all, and I'm rather perplexed with all the events that took place in this book.

So, this book picks up after the situation that happened in the first book, with the idea that everyone can let go and start over again. While everyone it attemp
Becca Jacquin
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I wasn't sure how I felt about a second book after the perfect way The Graces ended. The story didn't need to be continued, but I'm really glad Eve did.
This book is told from Summer's perspective which gives us a glimpse into what the lives of the Graces really looks like compared to what everyone thinks they're like. Summer's perspective also gives us another glimpse into how Graces children handle the fallout of not heading the family's mantra: Don't mess with what you don't understand. The c
Christina Reid
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this even more than The Graces!
It was great to see the story through Summer's eyes as we get a lot closer to her family members and see what goes on behind the scenes, rather than in the first book where River is an outsider looking in and wishing to be part f that closeness. Seeing River through Summer's eyes was also interesting, as she appeared very differently to how she seemed when she was the narrator.
I loved all the twists and turns and the Grace family history that is revealed. Tou
Tricia
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I though this book was ok. I think I preferred the first one better but it does offer a different perspective on the life of The Graces.

I didn't think the description for the book was a little misleading. It sounds like Summer was the only one that realised that something was wrong with Wolf. That is actually not the case.

I also was a bit undecided about the ending.

Having said that it was an ok read and if you are up for witchy teen angst this might be the book for you.
Darci Kenny
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Curses builds on an unexpected ending to The Graces adding even more mystery, magic, and adventure for the Grace family. This book took a route I was not expecting but thoroughly enjoyed. The book is told from Summers point of view as opposed to Rivers in the last book. I think Summer's point of view brought the unseen happenings of the Grace family to light that the readers were curious about. I would recommend this book to anyone who finds magic and mysteries fascinating!
This was a heck of a lot of fun - full of joyful magic. I missed River, though! The Graces set her up as such an incredible badass and then she didn't really live up to that in this book (also, make them lesbians u cowards!!) I liked the resolution of the whole Wolf issue though, and there were some excellently creepy moments.
Laramie
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
A little more complex than the first book, with some interesting moral questions and dynamics, but it's still essentially Twilight but witches. Which doesn't HAVE to be a bad thing, if it's what you need.
Erin Mendoza
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was SO much better than the first one. If you like witchy reads, pick up this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• D.O.G.S (S.T.A.G.S, #2)
  • Dit is hoe het ging
  • This Spell Can't Last (These Witches Don't Burn, #0.5)
  • The Dark Tide
  • Break a Leg (Truth or Dance, #2)
  • Perfectly Preventable Deaths
  • I Hold Your Heart
  • The Deathless Girls
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • The Forbidden Expedition
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • House of Dragons (House of Dragons, #1)
  • The Twin
  • The Starlight Watchmaker (The Watchmaker and the Duke, #1)
  • Venom (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #2)
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • Wilder Girls
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
A French-British hybrid who grew up in Cornwall, a place saturated with myth and fantasy. Being a child of two cultures taught her everything she needed to know about trying to fit in at the same time as trying to stand out.

She speaks English and French, and can hold a vague conversation, usually about food, in Greek.

A random selection of favourite things: Terry Pratchett quotes, characters with

The Graces (2 books)
  • The Graces (The Graces, #1)