Start by marking “The Curses (The Graces, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Curses (The Graces, #2)

The Curses

(The Graces #2)

Picking up the pieces after the chilling events of the previous year isn’t easy, but the Graces are determined to do it. Wolf is back after a mysterious disappearance, and everyone’s eager to return to normal. Except for Summer, the youngest Grace. Summer has a knack for discovering the truth—and something is troubling her. After a trail of clues leads her to what could be ...more
Expected publication: December 31st 2018 by Amulet Books

Lexi
Oct 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
I only want to read this because of the ending of the first book. Nothing else.
falling asleep reading
Sep 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
UPDATE: OMG WE HAVE A COVER AND A TITLE IM HYPED

LET'S HOPE THIS REMAINS A DUOLOGY
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Review first appeared on The Bent Bookworm!*~

Be forewarned, there is swearing involved in this review, because, um…

What TF just happened.

I really wanted to review The Curses without giving spoilers for the first one, The Graces, but it’s so damn difficult because you absolutely cannot be reading this one without reading the first. Please don’t even try. So yes, there are some spoilery comments for the FIRST book contained in this review.
You should be tolerant of every kind of behavior…except
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs, paranormal, ya
Kiersten and I both really enjoyed the first book in this series, and couldn't wait to return to the world of The Graces. Eve switched things up a bit with book two, and I really enjoyed the changes.

One of the biggest changes was that the story was told by Summer. This really changed the whole tone of the book for me. Summer was a Grace, and watching the story unfold from an insider's point of view versus an outsider's point of view, really shed some light on a lot of different things. And let's
Minerva
Mar 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
So this sounds like it will be narrated by Summer which is YES
Suzanne Schick rivera
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
True magic and mayhem follow the Graces as they navigate their way through friendship, fitting in, and love. I loved the ending and the twists they encountered.
Emily
Dec 02, 2018 added it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I don't exactly know why I wanted to read this, since I didn't really love the first one or anything. I didn't really love this one, either. It was exciting, but it didn't make the most sense.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I saw the book reveal a few weeks back (March 3rd) in Laure Eve's twitter feed and I got to say I'm super excited for the book! The first one was so mysterious, I was confused between rating it 4 or 3 stars. The cover is as gorgeous as the first one! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy! The synopsis is exciting as well.

Nanna
Jan 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
Jeg syntes ikke 1'eren lagde op til en fortsættelse eller en udvidelse af universet. Den stod fint alene. Er spændt på hvad bind 2 kommer til at handle om.
Carlie Sorosiak
Feb 22, 2016 marked it as to-read
The first book hasn't even come out yet and I already want this one. I'm going to go wallow in my misery now.
Ashley
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Disclaimer: I received a free, early advanced reader copy of The Curses from the publishers and NetGalley for review purposes.
This is going to be a different kind of review. The Curses by Laure Eve is the second novel in a series; it follows the events of The Graces, though it takes on a different point of view. This is not a review for The Graces, but as the The Curses is a sequel, and I don’t want to spoil any of the events of first novel if you haven’t read it, so I won’t be doing a synops
Nannette Demmler
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
ARC provided by the ABRAMS Kids/Amulet Books via NetGalley for an honest review.

I read the first book, The Graces, last January and it is still one of my favorite reads of the year. This book also did not disappoint. I could have read it in one sitting, and probably would have if I had read it over the weekend.

This book is told through Summer’s perspective. She is the youngest of the Grace siblings. She is a great narrator, she is perceptive and honest about what is going on in the story. She r
Tara Russell
Dec 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
I really loved The Graces, so I was very excited for The Curses. Again I got completely lost in the world, and I enjoyed the character development.

This was told from the point of view of Summer, the youngest Grace, and features all the main characters from the first book, as well as some new - and the world of magic continues to cast its spell.

There was a dark undercurrent in The Graces which was thought-provoking. The Curses isn't quite as dark, but Summer as narrator is a very different char
Isabelle
Dec 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
The first book was a while mess... And this wasn't any better. So much of this book is written like the author kept forgetting the plot. I had no idea what the Graces were trying to do half the time?? They're trying to stop River?? But then get distracted by their dead cousin? And then get distracted by the possibility of binding their power together?? And then they have to get rid of a trickster spirit that randomly came out of nowhere but was important to the plot?? It was a mess...
Isaac
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The books rs relly enetertaining
Andon
Samantha Diana
Nov 02, 2017
Michelle
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved the magical world of the Graces.
Full of magic and mystery, The Curses follows the Grace siblings as they deal with the resurrection of their friend Wolf from the dead, a family curse, and a mysterious witch who is granting wishes to the locals in exchange for money. When the Grace siblings attempt to put an end to the family curse, they encounter an evil stranger from the family’s past.

I loved the dynamic between the siblings, especially between Summer and Thalia, and how no
A French-British hybrid who grew up in Cornwall, a place saturated with myth and fantasy. Being a child of two cultures taught her everything she needed to know about trying to fit in at the same time as trying to stand out.

She speaks English and French, and can hold a vague conversation, usually about food, in Greek.

A random selection of favourite things: Terry Pratchett quotes, characters with

The Graces (2 books)
  • The Graces (The Graces, #1)