Start by marking “Prophecy (Legacy #2)” as Want to Read:
Prophecy (Legacy #2)

Prophecy

(Legacy #2)

Over a year has passed since Lex Knightley journeyed alone into desolate San Francisco. The Guardian Force is disbanded, emotion-altering drugs banned, and citizens allowed to return to the seemingly resurrected city.

For Lex, life is almost normal, but normal is precarious. Normal has a way of falling apart.

One rainy night changes everything. Out on parole, Quin McAllist
Published May 29th 2015 by Dog Ear Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prophecy

Start your review of Prophecy (Legacy #2)
Kylie George
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody who can read a book.
Shelves: favorites
Prophecy is the second book of the Legacy by Ellery Kane. I loved Legacy, and was beyond excited when it arrived. It moved right to the front of my to-read list. Legacy was a really refreshing dystopian novel. I was debating giving Prophecy 4 or 5 stars. The only reason I was thinking to give it four was because there was very little action. It was quite different than Legacy, but different in a good way. So I decided to go with the big 5.

Prophecy follows all out favorite characters from Legacy
Kelly Gunderman
Check out this and other reviews on my blog at Here's to Happy Endings!

If you haven't read the first book in the Legacy series, you should go check out the review for it here. There might be some spoilers here that you might not want to read before reading the first book.

This book was as phenomenal as the first! in the first book, we are introduced to the emotion altering medications (EAMs), Zenigenic, the Crim-X program, as well as the characters that come into play in
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
This book wastes no time before jumping right into the plot and action. It's been a year after the events in Legacy when Quin's father is sent back to prison because it looks like he killed his wife. It's left Quin trying to prove his innocence. Lex meanwhile has to deal with trying to decide if he's really guilty or not. A wild ride then begins for our characters, with emotional ups and downs. The book kind of ends sadly and I'm hoping that everything goes well in Revelation.

The cha
Paige B
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

First of all i cannot believe it has taken me so long to review this book, it was given to me months ago but I kept forgetting to come on here and write a review.

That being said this book is amazing. Prophesy is just as good, if not better, than the first (Legacy). Everything about it, the suspense, character development, story, writing style, etc. was top notch. I love this trilogy and I really want to read the last
Jessica Bronder
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is one year after Legacy. It seems everything is almost back to what can be considered normal. Then it all shatters. Quin’s father is out on parole but then he is arrested for the murder of his new wife. Quin believes that George is innocent even though Lex thinks he is not. But then there is a divide between Quin greater than just his father. It seems that the pills have a serious side effect to some people and Quin maybe one of those people. To keep Lex safe he distances himself from her.

L
Isis Ray-sisco
Another great installment in the Legacy series. Quin and Lex's story continues. They both have their father's back in their lives and they both have their struggles...especially since Quin's dad is arrested and put on trial for the murder of his wife. Their relationship is put to the test all while fighting a lot of injustice and dealing with old rivals. I think others will continue to enjoy this series. I can't wait to read the third book!
Bella
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first one. I received this as a gift, and I powered through from cover to cover without taking a break. It was absolutely riveting. As fascinating and disturbing as the first one, with increasingly interesting romantic developments and a more in-depth exploration of humanity and relationships (romantic or otherwise). A fantastic book.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Ideally, I'd give this book 3.5 stars out of 5. I found it easier to read than the previous book... but I did think that the time jump of a year later (and the constant flashbacks with little warning) were somewhat jarring.

While I did remember a lot about the previous book, I found that I got confused with some of the characters for a while before things settled d
Simona Žuškovičová
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
As for the start, thank you to Ellery A. Kane for providing me with a copy of Prophecy.

At the start of the book we meet again with Ms. Alexandra (Lex) Knightley. After incidents that occured almost a year ago Lex’s life is getting back to normalcy. She is studying at university, trying to rekindle relationship with her dad, enjoying company of her boyfriend Quin and her friends. But troubles does not take a long to come.

George McAllister (Quin’s father) who was recently put out of t
Rae King
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have been looking forward to the second instalment in this series since reading Legacy earlier this year. If you're a fan of YA dystopia, you NEED to pick up this series.

The book picks up after the explosive ending to Legacy. Lex and Quin are together and with her father. Quin's father is out on parole for a short time before being arrested again. This time, it's for a crime he claims he did not commit. And Quin believes him. Lex is
T.M. Payne
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book: Prophecy (Legacy #2)
Author: Ellery A. Kane
Publication Date: 5/29/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

This is the second book in the Legacy Series and I must say I truly enjoyed it. It picks up where book one left us. Quin and Lexi are still a couple although they go through many bumps in the road in this one. Quins dad has been arrested and for what else? Murder of his current wife. Quin is doing everything he can to get his father freed
Sarah Girl Plus Book
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Legacy Series is alive and well. I take back any hesitation I had over this series from my review of LEGACY. Ellery Kane’s captivating sequel to LEGACY is a novel that truly delivers - with suspense, mystery, deviance, secrets, betrayal, kidnapping and heartache perceived through a fearless heroine, an acceptance-seeking friend, a devoted son, a struggling father, an outsider, and a trusty dog. PROPHECY takes the Legacy Series to a new height - a series too mind-bending and stirring to be mi ...more
Krystal Stubbs
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just like the first, this book keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Quin and Lex continue their romance and suspenseful life. Quinn's father George is now out of jail and living a life with his wife Shelly. He is getting closer to Quin, has a job and even speaks out against EAMs. That is until he is arrested for the murder of his wife. This news causes a rift between Quin and Lex. Did he do it? What will happen between Quin and Lex? I can't wait to read the next one.
Stephanie
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Prophecy is yet another great book by one of my favorite authors! This book continues from where Legacy ends, this is great because nothing is left out. This was an amazing story. The characters developed nicely and they had many layers of complexity, just like the plot. The only thing that I didn't like is the CLIFFHANGER at the end. Now I have to wait for the next book. I would recommend this book to anyone who loved Legacy, and also loves different books that are amazing!!
Roxanne
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this from Goodreads. This is the second book of the Legacy series. This book is a year after Legacy. Quin and Lex are still a couple but they have challenges. Her dad as been arrested for killing his now wife. In this book the Guardian Force band has been disbanded, drugs are banned and the citizens can now return to normal life. This book tests the love and forgiveness of Lex and Quin. This is a futuristic story with a cliffhanger.
Laney
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ellery Kane outshines herself again! Prophecy is a high-speed thrill ride through the continued journey of Lex and Quin as they continue to battle the Resistance along with new enemies, secrets and surprises. I couldn't put Prophecy down and I cannot wait for the last book in the series. A MUST readit is the perfect mix of action, suspense, romance and drama...5 stars!
Sheyla
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story keeps changing its form, yet it is good. The story continues but in a different way. In this book there's little action actually, but more romance. It focuses on a trial, so prepare yourself to make your own judgement. This part of the book is the starting for a new problem, and it defenitely needs to be read!
Dawn
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The second book from Ellery Kane is even better than the first! It reads like a mystery making you want to read it all the way through. I found the portrayal of Lexi and Quin's relationship very realistic and riveting. I can't wait to see happens next!!!
Lisa P
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Courtroom drama and testimonies, new characters, and trust issues in the sequel to Legacy. There was less action in this one but more of the emotional battles. And Augustus... He hasn't changed. Emma and String were good additions to the story.
April
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am not a major fan of YA dystopian but i really loved this book so much and would really recommend the series and cannot wait to read more from the author.
Nicole
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A brilliant fast paced drama,with awesome twists and turns that just keep you guessing. Not to mention the ending just leaves you hanging out for the next book!
SARAH
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
second novel better than the first in the series
Elizabeth
rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2017
Jun 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: An extra version of my book has been added 4 17 Apr 04, 2019 07:05PM
Forensic psychologist by day, novelist by night, Ellery Kane has been writing--professionally and creatively--for as long as she can remember. Just like many of her main characters, Ellery loves to ask why, which is the reason she became a psychologist in the first place. Real life really is stranger than fiction, and Ellery's writing is often inspired by her day job. Evaluating violent criminals ...more

Legacy (3 books)
  • Legacy (Legacy #1)
  • Revelation (Legacy #3)
“My point is that she's not smart. She's not nice. And most importantly, she's not you. If Quin can't see that, he doesn't deserve you.” 1 likes
“I told myself that the last thing I needed was something else to love- something else to lose.” 0 likes