Start by marking “Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)” as Want to Read:
Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)

Demyan & Ana

(The Russian Guns #4)

Demyan and Ana have lived in privilege and protection as the children of Anton and Viviana Avdonin. With a Russian mob boss for a father and a mafia queen for a mother, they’ve got big shoes to fill. Love and life are messy games to play, especially when you’re new at it.

An attack on one Avdonin will leave the family stunned and hurting. Their retribution is brutal, but
Published May 28th 2015 by Bethany-Kris (first published January 1st 2015)

Bev
Re-read July 2019. A re-read that made me cry? Yeah, that doesn't happen very often.

*-*-*

An amazing albeit it gut wrenching novella and introduction into Demyan and Ana's lives. Another fantastic book by Bethany-Kris that had the tears flowing and my guts in knots.

This is not a standalone and should be read before Shattered.
Deborah
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

This is the forth book in this series but the first of the next generation with Demyan and Ana being the main characters and for me it's the best so far.
The synopsis is good and since I don't want to inadvertently give anything away I'm going to avoid giving a summary of any kind, this book was so much more than I expected, it's emotional and raw at times and went where I didn't expect.
I didn't read any reviews or the blurb first (which is why it was such a surprise) since I was already committ
Winter Sophia Rose
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heart Wrenching, Touching & Riveting! Excellent Read! I Loved It!
Tahsin
You better buy not just a box, but at least a stock in Kleenex to successfully read this story to its end.
Elfina Renee
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo Demyan 1_1.gif
Would you know my name If I saw you in heaven? Would it be the same If I saw you in heaven? I must be strong And carry on 'Cause I know I don't belong Here in heaven (Tears in Heaven Song by Eric Clapton)
 photo Cry Me A River 2.jpg
If you've been following the series the way I have then have a box of tissues on hand. Trust me you're going to need them! Five star standing ovation read! I bawled like a baby one minute and was pissed the next. Oooh my god too many emotions are surging through me at the moment, so enough o
Mihaela
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So i've finally read it. It was a good book altough i can say that demyan and ana are different from what i've expected. i feel so sorry for them. They both lost somethimg important especially demyan. I admit i didn't liked gia but now i'm so sad especially for vera. I hope that liam bastard has a very painful and long death, just like that scum of his nephew. I liked koldan altough i'm a little confused about his birth. However i really liked him. He helped ana a lot. I'm looking forward to rea ...more
Keya
I was not prepared for that. I knew there'd be some sort of heartache but I didn't realise how bad it would be. The tears did not stop and I didn't bother hiding them.

Demyan is so much like his father but he's also his own man too. He loves fiercely just like his father and what he had to go through was so gut wrenchingly painful.

And Ana, has the fire like her mother and the attitude like her father. I loved her and she also had to go through something no one should ever go Through! I loved Ko
Hayley
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No words could express the amazingness of this freaking book and series!!!!
Sheila
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm fan of Bethany Kris's Russian Guns series and all things Bratva.This,for me is by far the best book in the series.It gets five stars from me.
When she said on her Fb page that "it would have to hurt for it to get good", I had no idea what she meant until I read the book.And by God, did it hurt (SPOILER ALERT:Please read with a box of Kleenex if you are highly emotional) but it was just too good.
Demyan & Ana is an emotinal journey of the Andovin's ,a story of love, loss, promises, strength
Jeanette
It's just a book!

I was completely drawn into this story. I'm had to put it down to regain composure and continue on. There are several emotional moments. Demyan is all in now, and I am sure we gjve him all the permission he needs, not that he needs it. In the meantime, I am patiently waiting on the next installment. WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Ari Reavis
I was literally crying, sniffling, and saying 'no, no, no' while reading parts of this book. It pulls you in and doesn't let go. I loved it. It had heart wrenching, sob inducing parts and parts that give off so much hope. I doubt the author will read this, but thank you for the message at the end.
Rasha Hanna
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg..the best of the series

Omg this story was so touching and heart felt. I definitely recommend it and cannot wait for the next installment. This is a must read.
Angel
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these characters. So much! Demyan and Anna's world are not anymore about rainbows and unicorns, it is time to be who they really are.

Please write faster Bethany!!! :D

Alisa
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HOLY SHIT. 4.5 stars. I've loved this series since the beginning....

Didn't know it was going to end like that or go that route...

Wow. Flabbergasted. I did NOT see that coming.
Lin ( Nerdy Bookworm)
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The author did an exceptional job with this novel (a rape victim) and I love it. I connected very easily with the main character Demyan as well as Gia. I felt both sides of their love for one another and their frustrations when their lives gets challenging. The same connection between Ana and Koldan was felt as well.
This was a shorter book than I am used to, but I the author didn't waste time with meaningless words and the past and present shifts happened naturally.What I liked even more about
DBQ
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really powerful piece of writing. I was so utterly affected by this novella. I loved the story of Vine and Anton and this book was no different. I loved it but in a different way to their parents story.I wasn't sure how I felt about following two lives but you pulled it off well.

I cried so hard that my throat hurt but I also found a deep beauty to the balancing of the stories. I look forward to the final book and I thank you for giving me a series that will forever be a favourite.
Mspraise50
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG so this is the best book in the series so far for me. This is about Demyan and Ana's lives and the tragedy that happens to them because of one incident that happens to Ana, that sets of a deadly dominoes effect that spirals through the family.

This story was heart wrenching and a fast paced read.

We get to meet a lot of the same characters from the Vine and Anton's story.

This series is definitely worth the read.
Nstefa
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Now the kids have their turn to make their place in the world of bratva! One wants to be fully immersed the other completely distanced. Two children who bicker but love each other must find out what family really means!!!!
Ta-Mia
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had to be the most heartbreaking novella I have ever read. I was not expecting any of the things that happened to happen. My heart hurt for Ana, but it broke for Demyan. It was too much pain, too much sorrow, too much heartache. But it was amazing writing that made me feel everything.
Michelle Cage
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story no other word for it. I feel so bad for Demyan in this story along with his sister, cannot wait for Shattered to find out more about them.
Kindlegirl
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, mafia
Well... It was good, however I do not like what happened with the main characters...Ugh. When is the next book slated for?
Pam
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Wasn't what i was expecting at all. Good with a "new" cast of characters and a different story to follow.
Sandra
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: extra-wow, mafia
OMG?!!!!
Erin Tanner
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in shock. The events of this story left my heart aching and with a thirst for vengeance. I cannot wait for book 5 in the series.
Tracy
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So heart breaking but of so good. I'm so hooked to this series and this author
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, bethany-kris

*Read thru Kindle Unlimited*
Velvet Messer
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dumbfounded. The first word I found myself feeling after I read this book. I couldn't form a coherent thought. Totally completely dumbfounded. It's been two days since I read this book and during that time I've been trying to find the words to put together to describe my thoughts and feelings about this book. I can't seem to do so but I'm going to try so here goes. Ana's experience is powerful. And before I say any more I want to thank Bethany Kris for not describing the actual rape itself. But ...more
Khanique McDaniel
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's novella length but I don't want to call it one because boy does that do it no justice.

Unfortunately, thanks to reviews that didn't say spoiler alert, I already knew what would happen to Demyan in this novel. I had an idea based on the premise of his novel but it is certainly not the person I thought it would be and what about his relationship with Vera? I totally didn't see that happening and I expected a whole lot more anger from both himself at Ana and Ivan at Demyan. I even expected this
CrazyBookLady
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I've read every book of this series and they just keep getting better and better. I read all the reviews on this book and wasn't sure if I really wanted to read it becuase I was very happy at the end of book three with Vine and Anton's happily ever after. I also rolled my eyes at all the reviews that said "be sure to bring a box of tissues" or "this one is a real tear jerker." Well...this is me eating crow because this book made be ball like a baby. But it was soooo good. I think I may just l ...more
Cassandra Hunt
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demyan and Anna are all grown up now. This installment was breath taking. Both of the children come into there own and both suffer tragedies that will break your heart. But the family bond and values prevail and the Bratva remains prevalent. You will learn a bit of background information on the children of Anton and Viviana, some of the old characters from the Bratva are back along with a few very interesting new characters that will change the trajectory of the siblings lives.

• Calavera. (Den of Mercenaries, #4)
  • Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • Hold Me (Collateral #2)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Mallicks: Back to the Beginning  (Mallick Brothers, #5)
  • Sweet Seduction Sabotage (Sweet Seduction, #6)
  • Luca: Because You're Mine (Sicilian Mafia #2)
  • Savage Things (Chaos & Ruin #2)
  • Outcasts (Badlands #3)
  • Sweetest Sorrow (Forbidden, #2)
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
  • Children of Redemption (Children of Vice, #3)
  • The Rogue Prince (Lords of the Var, #4)
  • When To Let Go
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

The Russian Guns (5 books)
  • The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)
  • The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)
“I’m not an easy lay, I won’t do a one-night stand, and my father is a mob boss with a short temper and a collection of guns. Still want to take me out?” - Ana Avdonin” 5 likes
“If you want a better answer, krasivyy, ask a better question. - Koldan Vasin” 3 likes