Start by marking “Bound to Fall” as Want to Read:
Bound to Fall

Bound to Fall

With so many fences between them and happily ever after, two men wonder if it’s worth opening the gate.

Ten years ago Eddie Crane, an actor on the rise, loved his costar and dreamed of the day they could be together. But his love, with his submissive nature, couldn’t handle fame, and before Eddie could help him, he died in a car accident—with Eddie at the wheel.
Published June 26th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Bound to Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to Fall

Alisa
Jun 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
@ 40%

Dear Book,

I think we should take a break. It's not you, it's me. I hope we can be friends.

Alisa

(I lied....it's totally Book's fault. I just don't want to hurt his feelings)

@60%

Ok this was my 3x trying to finish this book. I just can't do it. I hate both of the MC's. They act like teenage girls. There's so much fabricated drama. There's a dead lover trope that just goes on and on (& on). There's the guy in love with his/>
Gigi
all done, but I need to mull this one over before I rate and review. This one fucked with me. Big time.
Debra
3.5 Stars

Eddie Crane has been on a downward spiral for the past 10 years. Once a rising star in Hollywood, the death of his co-star and secret lover Cory in a car accident where Eddie was the driver has left him drowning in guilt and regrets. One bad decision follows another, from binging on coke and alcohol to hang gliding and heli-skiing with the hopes that things will go wrong, and he has almost decimated the career he once loved. Arthur Pike is Eddie’s stuntman on his new film and a hors
Kristie
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a hard book to review, but I gave it a shot. Check it out here, at Boys In Our Books.
Serena Yates
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
With two men who are equally confused, messed up, and at a loss as to what to do with their lives, this story is bound to be depressing before it gets better. Eddie makes one bad choice after another to try to ignore/overcome/not have to deal with the fact that his submissive lover died in a car crash ten years ago – a crash where Eddie was at the wheel. Pike comes out of an awful, abusive childhood and a bad family situation only to fall hopelessly in love with his cousin’s husband. Neither man ...more
Makhda
Jun 26, 2015 marked it as lost-interest
I want to read this so much. But it contain one of my pet peeves. Dead lover. I hope the MC did not wallowing in grieve for most of the book.
Love Bytes Reviews
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Heart Review by Amber

Eddie Crane has let his life and career spin dangerously out of control. Having once been a very successful actor the loss of longtime lover has left him drifting. His alone, guilt ridden, and in pain. His manager/best friend gets him a movie deal to play a gay cowboy. The thing is, Eddie is deathly afraid of horses. In order to put in the best performance of his career all while trying to salvage his professional life he knows he’ll need help.

Arthur Pike is a professional stunt men, special
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.75 Stars

Bound to Fall goes straight onto my shelves of books I love. I am yet to find a book written by Jaime Samms that I don’t like. 350 pages was just not enough for me when it came to Eddie and Pike as I could have greedily and happily continued to read about them.

Eddie is a film star that has hit hard times. Dealing with the demons from his past which include a dead lover his life has spiralled out of control on a journey
Alina Popescu
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded to 4

What I loved most about this book were the two main characters. They are both flawed, closed up, lost, and in need of something to encourage them to hold on. In different ways, these two are broken and whatever faith brings them together is a saving grace for the both of them. Eddie needs to dominate, Pike needs to be convinced to submit, giving each other the grounding, the balance they require.
A movie start with a past, a stuntman with a less famous, ye
Joyfully Jay
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

The review for Bound to Fall posed something of a quandary for me. I’m a fan of this particular author, but while this book was certainly written well from a stylistic point of view, the plot and the characters never really clicked for me. The pacing is okay but it tends to drag during a handful of expositional sections and I think about a quarter of this book could have been trimmed and none of the essential plot information lost.

I enjoyed both of th
Oaken
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Three stars is probably generous, but I liked the characters and loved the setting but Holy Confused Plotlines. Could have easily eliminated half the little subplots to make for a cleaner story because the main plotlines and characters were big enough to carry the story. Other problem I had was the way the D/s aspect was handled. It made me feel uncomfortable on the consent/willingness aspect. MCs had major communication issues and that in a BDSM setting is not good/healthy. I had to stop readin ...more
Erin
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was ok. All over the place though. Too many tropes that got dropped or not thought out. Stick to one or two
Averin
Jan 31, 2017 added it
Shelves: mm-romance
Too damn long. And BDSM. Neither MC worked for me.

One of these days I'll remember to check the reviews instead of downloading because a book is free.
Lauraadriana
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it! It could have been like 20% shorter, but I still enjoyed Pike and Eddie. Interesting D/s dynamic! Kinda hoping the security guy gets a book!
Feliz
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
CB
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-book
A really nice love story without a lot of angst between the MC's but enough story to keep me very entertained. Sexy and perfectly imperfect - just how I like them!
Inked Reads
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
FiveStars
This was a long book or at least it seemed long to me. This was a,great book about Eddie the movie star who was self-destructing and needed this next movie to bring his career back to life. Pike was hired to help Eddie learn to ride the horses and do some of the stunts if necessary. Eddie is on a path of destruction since losing his last co-star slash partner. Pike is living in misery because he is in love with his straight best friend. The relationship between Pike and Eddie was
Curtis
Actor Eddie Crane has been plagued with guilt and in mourning for almost a decade. Ever since the love of his life died in a car accident, while Eddie was driving, he's felt responsible for the death and exhibits a recklessness that could only be described as dangerous. But his manager and best friend always does the best she can to keep him on track. And she's hoping that some time out of the spotlight learning to ride horses for an upcoming role can help--at least for a little while.
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A story about filming the movie of Ariel Tachna’s Inherit the Sky on a Canadian ranch was always going to be good. But the reality is so much better than I imagined. Eddie is the perfect Hollywood burn-out. Rude, arrogant and beautiful, he is pretty awful until we learn about the pain in his past. Pike has a few months to turn the spoiled movie star with a fear of horses into a convincing outback buckaroo.

The relationship between Pike and Eddie is a slow, complicated burn. Scars, closets, addic
Chris, the Dalek King
While at times the whole back and forth between Eddie and Pike got a bit tiresome, I found on the whole that this was a very nice story. And seriously hot. I very much tend to go for the BDSM books where the kink feels more organic and less clubby, so it worked really well for me, and I found the times where they were together like that some of the best scenes of the book.

It does however seem to lack much of a climax. It wasn't a bad ending to the story, and I liked it, but there didn't feel li
Marinieves
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This is an incredible book of changes and emotional growth of the main characters in the story.
Eddie is an actor down in his luck and who is trying to rebuild his career. Circumstances of his past have make him a hard man.
Pike is a stunt man and the horse trainer hired to teach Eddie how to ride for his next movie. Pike also is pinning after someone who can’t return his affection.
After Eddie and Pike meet, they struggle to adjust to each other’s company … until they understand what their
Amneris Cesare
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved this book for 3/4 of its length. The dynamics of meeting, growing friendship and attraction are very interesting and good speed since the 2 leading characters have too many unresolved issues and together they might come to a solution and acceptance. But what lacks in this book is passion. Author tells us they love each other at a certain point but without showing this love, and passion is absolutely absent. The BDSM issue - I personally don't like BDSM books - was not so intrusive but no ...more
Miriam Löllgen
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very emotional read with a lot of angst. I really liked the way in which the relationship between Eddie and Pike developed. Both had to overcome a lot of things which tied them to the past in order to be able to go forward together. On the other hand both of them have some character treats that enable them to help the respective other.
Suze
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Well, I didn't get on with this story very well - and the premise should have had me glued to the pages.
Don't know why, I just got a bit fed up of Pike and Eddie's backward and forwarding, they didn't grab me early on and in such a long book, that's a lot of reading if you are not fully there.
In reality it is a 2+* read for me but enough umpf to warrant a 3 on here.
Qwen
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
It surely looked promising... It wasn't. It just didn't deliver at all!!! A whole lot of Nope for me! I expected a dominant tortured soul in Eddie but what I got was a simpering Annie and a whole of confusion on the Pike/Ryan/Lilly relationship I mean wtf you know?
Marbea Logan
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved that the dialogue had dialogue. The story was a script displaying a script the characters intertwined. You learn alot about these characters through there love for other men. But, there love was much better more profound together. Great city slicker meet cowboy romance.
Viv
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the D/S aspects of this book, but it was really long. I think Pike's relationship with Ryan/Lilly was really strange and unnecessary.
Tiferet
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very solid, satisfying story full of nicely developed characters and unexpected dynamics.
Gina
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What an amazing book. Love it.
Lisa  Foulke
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, romance, cowboys
There's a lot going on: grieving past loves, trusting new loves, and overcoming fears — to name a few. It's complicated and tense. And there's BDSM, too.

• Fallout
  • Spring Affair (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • The British Devil
  • Desires' Guardian (Desires Entwined, #2)
  • Spaghetti Western (Delectable #5)
  • Dissonance (Blue Notes, #6)
  • Ghosts in the Wind
  • Patient Privilege
  • Ever the Same (Love is Blind #1)
  • Hot Mess
  • Riveted (Whispering Pines Ranch, #5.5/Guards of Folsom, #0.5)
  • Island House (Dropping Anchor #1)
  • Sweet Giordan, Please Remember (Hearts in Reverie #1)
  • A Hard Winter Rain
  • A Still, Small Voice
  • Wrestling Demons (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #2)
  • His
  • Freed (Roads, #2.5)
With most of the hours in the day taken up by a part time job and the full time occupation of raising and schooling two kids, writing is somewhat of an indulgence, but it's the indulgences that keep us sane, right? When not otherwise occupied, like most writers, reading is my relaxation method of choice, and you can find my reviews at Kuriousity.com and Dark Diva Reviews to let you know what I lik ...more