Start by marking “Night Edge (Night Fever, #4)” as Want to Read:
Night Edge (Night Fever, #4)

Night Edge

(Explicitly Yours #4)

When you play with the devil, you'd better not turn your back.

Beau never intended to fall in love, but what was once his conquest has become his prize. Until he ends up in the same position he was ten years earlier—between Lola’s legs and begging to have her. So when she purposely disappears into thin air, leaving him empty-handed and alone, Beau is consumed with the need
Kindle Edition
Published June 5th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Night Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Edge

Liv || Books to Liv by
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Title: Night Edge
Author: Jessica Hawkins
Rating: 4.5 stars
HEA: (view spoiler)
“After I sold my first company, the same night I met you, I doubted myself. I wasn’t sure which way to turn. I drove to Arizona and looked out at the Grand Canyon, waiting for answers. A place like that really makes you realize how little control you have. But it also puts things in perspective.”

photo Beau jpg_zpsynsdyxew.jpg

What would y
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*Copy provided in exchange for an honest review*

I. Am. Speechless.
WHAT!?!?!? That ending had to be one of the best I have ever read. It was so intense and RAW... I could feel the anger and betrayal these two feel emanating from the pages onto my skin. Even after all the bad, I am still smiling like a fool even though I finished this last night. I honestly cried so much by the end that I had trouble reading through it... but I managed! I loved how Jessica didn't bombard me with information in th
Carla Bulian
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,7
Buffer
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book (Books 1-4) was very well-written with nice plot development and characterization. You need to read carefully to appreciate all the gems that the author has littered upon the path. Lola and Beau are both complex characters; there is no simple love/hate for them. You'd love this book if you appreciate the subtlety and nuances of the many facets of character development.

That being said, I don't enjoy reading this book. I often find myself bored with the many descriptions of unimportant
Katherine
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Karen111
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was my favourite of the series. What let it down was the talking in circles when they finally met, and I was expecting more fireworks and passion at the end, which never happened. Too much chat, not enough sex! Lol!

This was a decent series and was very well written. Some things bugged me, but overall I enjoyed it.
Nikki  Malan
Obsession by Jessica Hawkins
Beau did not see the revenge coming but when it happened he was angry and wanted to find Lola. He wanted to destroy her? Lola played the final card which not only hurt Beau but herself as well. While Lola has disappeared, Beau is intent on finding her. He goes through all the motions of being angry, looking for revenge and ultimately looking at himself and realising the part he played in this game. How shallow of a man he became because of his money. He realises that
Therese
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a cliffhanger (little joke there). Loved loved loved it. Always exciting starting a new book and new author and I am now changing my TBR list to add the rest of her books in there.

Left me in such a good mood all day. Wonderful
Luna Sol
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series owned me!!!
Dee
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could read about Beau for the rest of my life

Lola lost me along the way. This concludes a story of a man who sees what he wants loses it, gets a second chance and almost blows it again. But he gets it. Gets that he really does want this woman for more than he thought. Lola doesn't understand that he did what he did from rejection. She did what she did from a vindictive, spiteful hurt that she put on Beau, when she was a willing participant. She's just lucky he really does love her.
Zandalee
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, serial, arcs
Night Edge photo NE_zpsuwehvcm1.jpg
Beau Olivier had the perfect plan to enact revenge on Lola Winters.
She refused him one important night all those years ago.
Despite completing his plan, it didn’t go as effortlessly as he had wanted.
She fell in love. But so did he.

Constantly haunted by Lola, Beau is left behind in shambles back in LA. Meanwhile, Lola has disappeared from the city. He’s furious with losing the game, and determined to track down Lola. Yet there seems to be another underlying motivation for him to find her.

Lola
Lisa
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dear David Dylan,
I love you but... Beau. 'nuff said.

"She deserved a man who would fight for her. Lay down his life for her. Who would earn her love, no matter what it took, because he couldn't survive another day without it. A man who could give her the things money couldn't buy."

This book... ugh!!! This one tugged at my heartstrings. It was a completely different pace than the previous books. I feel like the characters were 'balls to wall' for so long that they had to slow down. It was in those
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads~~

The last in a series which finally gets us where (I think) we wanted to be all along! It has been a rocky road, but I am glad I stayed till the end.
You would definitely need to have read the full story to understand this finale.

At the end of the last book, Lola has made her escape, gained her revenge and in theory all is good. Beau however is finally working out what is important and there may be hope. The complications
Anna
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself harder to please than most when it comes to books. It definitely takes more than a cock that's thick as an arm or a gorgeous billionaire to make me happy and keep me engaged in a story. This series was so good, I could not put it down!

Book 4 was exceptional for me in that it stayed true to the characters and their emotions. There was no rolling over and taking it. There was no, he loves me, so everything can be peachy now. No sudden departures in lifelong behaviors or beliefs
Rie_dominique
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
update 2016

a perfect ending for this book.

----------------------------
first read : 2015

setelah buku 1 dan 2 yang steamy banget, buku 3 yang fokus ama pembalasan Lola, emang udah sepantasnya di buku ke 4 ini kedua tokoh dipisahkan untuk merenungi apakah mereka berdua emang memiliki masa depan atau tidak...
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-romance
Well deserved! :)
Erin
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-blog-review
****4.5 stars****

The long-awaited finale aims to please! Full review to come!
Danielle Folker
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sim
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Thought the ending was a bit of a rush and no epilogue. Overall, it was a good read and a moving conclusion to this series. Loved it!
Elena Bittinger
Obsession by Jessica Hawkins, my least favorite book in the Explicitly Yours series.

The author was doing so well to keep my interest. But, I guess it couldn't last.

Lola: She did it! She turned the tables on Beau and made him fall in love with her. Now it was time to break his heart like he did hers. What better way to be a scorned lover than to ditch him at a skeezy strip club she used to work at?

Beau: What went wrong? For the last few weeks, he thought everything between them was getting better
C Joy
Maggie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
A captivating series

Have to say I really liked the story and was gripped throughout, however I was disappointed in this. Beau's ego was too big for the planet. Really he propositions a dancer with morals, she says no so he waits ten years to proposition her again by backing her and her partner into a corner, basically screws her over and rips out her heart and then doesn't get why he's in the wrong.
If I was lola I would have told him to jog on, take all of the money and moved away and started a
Phumudzo
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay - I think I would have done the same thing. Get on the road and go places I have not been while I try to clear my head. After so doing, I head back home to face the music like the big girl I am. I am happy that Bridgette advised Beau to go to Lola himself and that she told him the truth. She could see that Beau had fallen in love with Lola. I am also glad that he did get to realize how he had hurt Lola and that work and money is not everything. I was also happy that at the end, they were bo ...more
Pamela
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book #4 is a wild ride following Lola as she continues her trek across the country. It's a way for her to clear her mind and consider her choices. Lola's absence and the realization of how she tricked Beau and then walked away from him has left Beau strung out and desperate. As time goes on without contact from Lola and zero leads, Beau has a chance to experience just how hollow his life is without Lola in it. Separated, Lola and Beau begin to fully appreciate each other and the bond between the ...more
Theresa
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great ending! Yes, this was a complicated story, but the ending gives you all the feels, and albeit by taking lots of logical liberties--but that's why we read romance books, right? Beau and Lola were both in positions neither of them could have predicted. Lola being hurt, and Beau's heart was stepped on, too.

This was my first Jessica Hawkins book/series, and it definitely won't be my last. Beau Olivier is a tough man to love--not really! Admittedly, I fell for him in the first book.

As u
♥︎♥︎Sofia♥︎♥︎
Wow! Bravo Ms Hawkins, Bravo!!!

What can I say....I heart Jessica Hawkins! This series (the second of Ms Hawkins I've read) is riveting, thought provoking and sexy as all hell .....Hawkins isn't scared to take her writing to the edge, and then jump off.

When I read the back-cover blurb of Night Fever I was expecting some steamy erotica (because Ms Hawkins is very good at that), a alpha male, sex-god hero and a moral dilemma with no easy answers, check, check and check! But what I was blown away b
Ashley Lubawy
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing series but.....

I loved the books they kept you wanting more and the books did give you more till the fourth book I was disappointed on how it ended it should have went on about what the baby was a boy or a girl how they managed and everything after they left the grand canyon. I feel like the book was rushed towards the end. I think there should be another book to tell everyone what had happened for these reason is why I didn't give 5 stars. Please consider writting book number 5
Nicole Schauer kruppa
brody megan photo book 4_zpsr2slndeu.jpg
4.5 HUGE stars! This series had me going and going. I couldn't put these books down. Very well written and just the right amount of angst and steamy-ness I could ask for.
Lola was smart and Beau was hot. It was a page turner. I HAD to know what was next! I was starving for it. I want more of these characters!!!
My first time reading Jessica Hawkins but it won't be my last!
Marisa
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kobo library. The last instalment of the Explicitly Yours series. I was so rooting for the outcome to be as it was. I truly enjoyed this series through and through. Not really sure Brigitte was needed in the story, but it was what it was. I did love Lola and Beau they were the main characters, and I liked the story, even if everything seems to play off 50 shades characters to much. It was a good read.
Missy Herrera
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words.....

Jk totally do, like I said at the on the first book you just can't stop to read it gets stuck with you the whole day thinking what happens next and sometimes you get angry or sad o just simply have heart in your eyes and hot all over. It's a great story totally recommend. Love the characters they have so much personality, so much passion. Just hated Johnny. I need an epilogue! !!!!!!!!
  • The Lover Beneath Me (The Devil Trilogy, #3)
  • Avowed (Manipulation Trilogy, Corrupted, #3)
  • Forever a Jett Girl (Bourbon, #3)
  • Pink Ice (Ice #2)
  • Attraction (Three Stages of Love, #2)
  • Teaching Willow: Session Four  (Teaching Willow, #4)
  • Kratos (Take Over, #3)
  • Eden III (The Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Insufferable Proximity 2 (Insufferable Proximity, #2)
  • Determined: To Win (Determined #3)
  • Indiscretion: Volume Four (Indiscretion, #4)
  • Surrendered (She Who Dares, #3)

Explicitly Yours (5 books)
  • Possession (Explicitly Yours, #1)
  • Domination (Explicitly Yours, #2)
  • Addiction (Explicitly Yours, 2.5)
  • Provocation (Explicitly Yours, #3)