Start by marking “Breathless” as Want to Read:
Breathless

Breathless

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A brush with death brings Leah closer to the ghosts she longs to find and throws her into the arms of the troubled scuba instructor who saves her.

Dale, an Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran, is haunted by his own restless spirits. He's on a hunt for forgiveness, and the Caribbean Sea is his hunting ground.

The peace they search for lies in the bond they never suspected th
Published May 28th 2015 by Three Worlds Press

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Karen
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it

Breathless was a really unique novella - enchanting, bittersweet and a touch magical.

I believe this is the first in a series about Leah, a girl who has suffered an unbearable loss and Dale, a haunted veteran and how they are tied together and will eventually heal each others hearts.

Although everything isn't tied up by the end of this novella, this particular story arc is and I look forward to following Leah and Dale's journey.
Noelle Riches
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
The suspense at the beginning of this book hooked me from the beginning. Loved the characters and the tension between them. Also loved having a vicarious scuba diving vacation in the Caribbean, which this provided quite nicely. My only complaint was that I wanted more! And that's not a bad complaint to have...
Karlee
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Leah is close to death in the depths of the ocean, her instructor Dale helps calm and save her. The of them become closer as the tour continues but will they be okay once they learn a secret they both are harboring? Is it true that fate really brought them together?
Linda Romer
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Breathless by Jessica Bayliss

What a hauntingly beautiful, masterfully written piece. I loved this short story.
Breathless will keep you mesmerized and become etched on your soul. So well written, I only wish there was more.

I give Breathless 5 stars for its soul searching read.
I would recommend this story to everyone.
Ishabelle Torry
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this story at a Facebook party and I am glad I won it! I found this short tale captivating. Very well written with a strong voice.

Leah is a level headed, if not somewhat conflicted, character I fell in love with easily. I felt her turmoil over her brother's death as if it were my own at times. But she pushes through it and overcomes. Dale was a hot mystery waiting to be unwrapped, and I was surprised and delighted to learn his secrets.

If you're looking for a sweet summer read, thi
Alexandra
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella sucks you right in, you are THERE, feel what she goes through, it made me breathless to read it and kept me at my toes the whole time. It twists and turns and takes the reader to fantastic places and deep emotions. I enjoyed it very much!
C.S. Lakin
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great short story!

I fell right into this story and was riveted till the end. Beautifully developed with so few pages. It could have easily be stretched into a novel.
Gmariemerante
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short story! Great summer read. Island resort, deep water diving, two people struggling with grief, drawn to each other. Beautifully and vividly written!
Dana Mele
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Bayliss's Breathless is well-paced, thoughtful, and a lightning quick read. It is by turns romantic and chilling as it explores the relationship rapidly forming between a tourist haunted by her past in search of a ghost and a sexy dive instructor with his own secret. Bayliss treats the reader to some deft and subtle twists and turns, but they are so smoothly woven into the story that I never felt so much as a ripple coming my way. I can't decide whether this is best described as a ghost ...more
A.J. DeJong
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic

This book was romantically suspenseful and not nearly long enough! I want to know what happens between the main characters but she left us with a total cliff-hanger! 😀
Jessica Bayliss is a fiction author with a Ph.D. in clinical psychology who loves all things reading and writing. Her work crosses genres including romance, urban fantasy, and horror. Although it's typically advisable to focus on one audience, Jessica just can't seem to settle down; she writes Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult and (eh hem) regular adult fiction. She is a member of the Society f ...more
More about Jessica Bayliss...