Start by marking “Shattered Memories” as Want to Read:
Shattered Memories

Shattered Memories

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A terrible tragedy forced Alana McCarthy to forget a year of her life. Now she is to be executed for a crime she does not remember committing--the murder of her entire family. Lost and alone, Alana is terrified of unlocking secrets buried so deep inside her mind that she's willing to forget the one person who could set her free.

Daniel Costello hasn't forgotten about Alana,
Published June 16th 2015 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Memories

sue
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This was unexpected! I loved this book much more than I expected I would do. I thought the blurb was great, but you never know do you.

We start with Alana who is on death row. She is under the age of 18. Only just. The law states that no one under the age of 18 can be killed.

She has a very short time to remember what happened to her.

Alana is accused of killing her entire family. The problem is she doesn't remember any of it. Sometimes she gets doubts, other times, she is 100% certain that it was
Melanie
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are some books where you get to the end and you just have to take a deep breath before you can do anything. THIS is one of those books. The writing is captivating and you are dragged into what can only be described as an impossible situation.

This is the first opportunity I have to read this author and I hope it won't be the last. Add this book to your TBR list immediately and strap in and prepare for a rollercoaster ride!

An easy 5 star read!

V""V
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Alana McCarthy has been sentenced to die for the murder of her whole family; her mother, father and her little sister. Alana is sent to prison to await her execution day. The law states that no child can be executed. Everyone must be eighteen years of age to be put to death. Alana can't figure out why she has been sentenced for the murder of her family when that is the last thing on earth that she would ever dream of doing.
Ethan Gregory
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*****
My Thoughts:

With as many books as I read these days, it isn't often that I finish one and my immediate thought be "I have to re-read this novel'. The way most books are written, I read it once and I've got it, no need for a rehash. Then I met Susan Harris. You know those films you see where the ending is completely twisted and it changes the entire film, only to leave you re-watching the entire movie so that you can
Holly
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of YA dystopia
Before my review, two notes:
(1) I was given a copy of this ebook by the publisher, Clean Teen Publishing, for purposes of an honest review. The fact that it was given to me free of charge has not affected my review or rating in any way.
(2) If I could give half stars, my true rating would be 3.5. However, since I can't, I am going with my policy of always rounding UP, hence the 4-star rating.

Okay, on to the review! I was definitely eager to read this book from the moment I heard about it through
Anita Lock
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alana McCarthy is found guilty of murdering her family. Spending much of her prison time wondering what would possess her to kill off the family that she loved, Alana only wishes that she could remember what really occurred during that horrendous event. At least Daniel Costello, her psychologist, holds out hope that by releasing her suppressed memories, she may be able to prove her innocence. Alana has also forgotten that Daniel happened to be her boyfriend prior to her drastic life change. But ...more
Tamara
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really did not know what to expect before starting this one, but the synopsis and the cover just called out to me and I knew that this was one book that I had to read. I am so glad that I answered that call, because Shattered Memories was an amazing read! From the very first page I was hooked with the unique story line and the captivating characters. Alana is one of those characters and I couldn't help but pull for her as she tried to regain her memories from that awful night her parents and s ...more
Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
A confused girl has been left in a position with no recollection of the last year sentenced to death for a crime she cannot remember committing. Alone and hopeless, she has left to her own devices to try and reinstate her good name. But is she really alone? Is she doomed to pay the price for slaughtering her family in cold blood, or welfare memories returned to her with the help of some unlikely allies.

Shattered Memories is a brand-new dystopian young adult novel by Susan Harris. This book is a
CrazyBookworm99
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then you will read a book that truly captivates you and utterly breaks your heart over the course of a whole book. Shattered Memories was one of these books for me.

Susan was able to create a unique dystopian future, where Ireland is used as a prison island, yet still make the situation feel realistic. Susan still includes slight alterations as to how things would happen today in order to uphold the futurism yet the situation the characters find themselves in could be seperated fro
Gemma Ironside
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Memories is set in the future, where the justice system is corrupt. Alanna has been accused of killing her parents and her baby sister and is currently on death row awaiting her eighteenth birthday; the day she will be sentenced to death. Alanna has no memories of the night in question or the entire year leading up to it. This book takes us through the process Alanna goes through to try and discover if she killed her family or not and I have to say it had me gripped from the very begin ...more
K.M. Robinson
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Memories was fantastic. It starts off with a bit of a history lesson, which I admit, didn’t hold my attention very well, but it is very important to read. Once you get through it and the real story starts, be prepared to get really invested in the story. Alana has been accused of murdering her family and is sent to death row. She has lost all memory from her last year, including her relationship with the highly intelligent, Dr. Daniel Costello. Daniel works his way into the prison syst ...more
Katlynn
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, young-adult
Shattered Memories by Susan Harris is an easy 5 star read for me.

This book didn't start out the way I expected it to. The background information threw me off, but as I got further into the book, it became easier to read and harder to put down once I got past the background info.

Alana is on death row and doesn't remember what happened to her family. She was charged with killing her family, but knows that she isn't the one who killed the family.

She gets doubts that it wasn't her who did it, but
Aret
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The idea is new and exciting, the characters were real and had you creating strong opinions of them...good and bad, and the author did a great job with her scene detail, it wasn't too wordy but also left you with a feeling like you are right there in the story.

Alana has some problems, she is set for execution for the murder of her family...but one problem, she doesn't remember anything or anyone from the
K.M. Lowe
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I have read by this author, but by god it won't be the last. This was my 100th book that I've read this year, and this was something else. Shattered memories was the story of a young girl that gets wrongly accused of killing her parents and younger sister. Allana is sentenced to death on her 18th birthday but because she has no memory of what happened she is running out of time.

I won't say any more about the story because you just need to read it. The story is full
Elaine Irwin
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves an epic love
Recommended to Elaine by: Review for Susan Harris
Part Review...

I cannot believe myself how much I loved this book. And though a stand-alone I found myself wishing it would be the first in a series.

This book has everything. An epic love story, desperation, hopelessness, hope, desire, pain, heartache, action. It is un-put-down-able. In fact the only reason I put it down on Saturday night was because my eyes refused point blank to stay open, no matter how much I argued with them.

This book made me smile, it made my stomach tighten in fear. And it
Kailey
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**i got this book as a first read on Goodreads.**

I was hooked right away by this book! I really connected with the characters and was trying to figure out what happened the whole time. The last couple of chapters shocked me. I was heartbroken along with Alana. I absolutely loved it. I love the references to Tolkien. That just made this even better. Would love to read more from this author!
InD'tale Magazine
Readers following this haunting journey will laugh, worry, investigate, and most definitely cry with Alana as she unravels the mystery of the murders.

Read full review in the 2015 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Shelly Wygant
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The blurb for this book pulled me in but the story is so much more. Under 18 and on death row Alana doesn't remember the past year. She is convicted of murdering her family. As things are set in place to remember she will remember the past and so discover so much more. As the good and bad memories come back the truth brings pain and happiness.

Just when I thought there was hope towards the end Ms. Harris pulls the rug out from underneath you with a twist that I did not see coming (and made me wa
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Aug 18, 2015
Brittany
Mar 29, 2017
Jun 16, 2017
  • Breeder (Arrow's Flight, #1)
  • Numbers Game (Numbers Game, #1)
  • Sea of Memories: A Novella Collection in the Never Forgotten Series
  • Rite of Revelation (Acceptance, #2)
  • Just A Song Before I Go
  • Bring Down The Rain
  • Balance (The Neumarian Chronicles, #3)
  • The Meaning of Life, According to the Mosquito
  • The Warrior Prophet (The Watcher Saga, #3)
  • The Vintage Cinema Club
  • Dancing With Raven
  • Among the Shadows (Ash Grove Chronicles, #3)
  • Discovering Daniel
  • To Be Honest
  • Long Live the Suicide King
  • The Sidekick Chronicles, Volume II (Gryphon #3.5)
  • Gravediggers
  • The Accidental Guest
Susan Harris is a writer from Cork in Ireland. An avid reader, she quickly grew to love books in the supernatural/fantasy genre. When she is not writing or reading, she loves music, oriental cultures, tattoos, anything Disney and psychology. If she wasn't a writer she would love to be a FBI profiler or a PA for Dave Grohl or Jared Leto.
More about Susan Harris

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)