Start by marking “The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4)

The Scam

(Fox and O'Hare #4)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  15,058 ratings  ·  1,367 reviews
Nicolas Fox is a charming con man and master thief on the run. Kate O’Hare is the FBI agent who is hot on his trail. At least that’s what everyone thinks. In reality, Fox and O’Hare are secretly working together to bring down super-criminals the law can’t touch. Criminals like brutal casino magnate Evan Trace.

Evan Trace is running a money-laundering operation through his c
Published September 15th 2015 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about The Scam, please sign up.

·  15,058 ratings  ·  1,367 reviews

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Reading Janet E. books has become the literary version of partaking in some delicious cake for me – I realize it’s nothing but empty calories but I don’t feel bad about eating the whole thing until some buzzkill comes and pees on my parade . . .

Houston commercial photography

I’ve read nearly everything Evanovich has written - alllllll the Plums, the Alex Barnaby books, the Lizzy & Deisels, even some of her fluffy romances. That being said, 3 Stars is about as
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
This series is just so fun! Capers, cons, and heists always pique my interest, and this book was no exception.

I have always pictured Nick Fox as Cary Elwes' con artist character Despereaux on Psych.

He has the smirk,

the same suave con man attitude,

the unflappable calm in any situation,

and always pulls it off and gets away.

In this installment, Kate O'Hare of the FBI and Cary Nick decide to take down an evil Casino owner who gets off on violence and power. Think mallets and piranhas.

They soon ass
Mike French
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another GREAT episode in the Fox and O'Hare series! I always picture Nick as Robert Wagner from the old TV series To Catch a Thief and O'Hare as Jennifer Hart from another old TV starring Robert Wagner,Hart to Hart. Hopefully there will be many more episodes to come because I am hooked.
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Title: The Scam, book #4 in the "Fox and O'Hare" series.
Written By: Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Release information: tentatively scheduled on-sale date is 15 September 2015 - Bantam Books -- Random House. More info: www.evanovich.com or www.randomhousebooks.com

----> please note: an advanced reader's copy (ARC), I corrected eBook proof was kindly provided free of charge via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review without quotations from the publication. THANK YOU! ☺ <----

Read: July,
Esil
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Yikes! I requested The Scam on Netgalley because I had read the first three books in Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and enjoyed them well enough to make it worth giving this one a try. The Stephanie Plum books I read were completely light but sufficiently funny and likeable to fill the occasional need for a mindless read -- like the short lived satisfaction of a cheap chocolate bar. But The Scam -- which is part of a new series Evanovitch is co-authoring with Lee Goldberg-- didn't work for me ...more
Shannon (leaninglights)
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating 3.75 stars

Like I said when I picked up this book, I'm not sure what led me to it, as I previously stated that I wouldn't continue the series... but I saw this book pop up on my libraries Overdrive site and I said, "what the heck."

The Fox and O'Hare series is a fun buddy-cop series about a female FBI agent, Kate O'Hare, working cases with a infamous con artist and international criminal turned FBI informative and asset, Nick Fox.

You have the classic push-pull relationship, good cop
Julie
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Scam by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg is a 2015 Bantam publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

At long last, I am finally reunited with my favorite anti-hero- Nick Fox! It seems like it's been a long time since we last touched base with Nick and Kate, but some things are worth the wait.

Our favorite dynamic duo has been assigned a most interesting and unusual case that will have them traveling to Las Vegas, Oahu, and
debra
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Prob higher than 3 for this type of book, aka literary fiction, only kidding- about the literary fiction, not the stars. It is light, fluffy, and very entertaining. Read Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s excellent- and needless to say- very entertaining review .
Skip
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, thriller
FBI Agent Kate O'Hare and her criminal mastermind charge, Nick Fox, set up an elaborate plan to take down a casino owner, who is laundering money for terrorists and the Yakuza. Meanwhile, Kate's father and an old Army buddy manage to piss off a Hawaiian mobster, who is eventually drawn into the scam. The usual funny dialogue, sexual tension between our lead characters, and many beautiful locations, ranging from Oahu to Hong Kong/Macau, and the much less glamorous Las Vegas strip. Usual lite fare ...more
Lakshmi C
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The target is a Brad Pitt doppelganger. Oh my...
Owner of a casino and a money laundering suspect.
“Alone time with Trace isn’t high on my list of preferred activities,” Nick said. “That guy is scary.”
“The piranha got to you?”
“The way he thinks got to me. He’s a con man and a sociopath.

Visions of Culinary Heaven
Getting access to a buffet, even a bad one, is like someone handing me a free pass to heaven.”
Nick smiled wide. “You’re equating a buffet to heaven?”
“Okay, so maybe not heaven. Maybe to Dis
Sandra
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

Now, this was fun.
Light, fast-paced, action packed, with some sexy, lusty banter between the main characters, this is such book candy. Books like these are great for inbetween readings of the darker, grittier books and more literary stuff I usually (try to) read. I just gobbled it up.

An unlikely but hot duo, Nicholas Fox (on FBI's Ten Most Wanted list as fugitive #7 turned informant) and Kate O'Hare (FBI-agent extraordinaire) are setting up a scam to stop money-laundering casino boss Evan Tr
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, library
Just when I was about to say the JE had way too much influence on this story with repeated bad guys with different names but same behaviors and side kicks and those stupid interruptions to further the main duo from getting together (ignore the outrageous run-on sentence)... that ending happened.

All I can say is I’m glad I have the next book on tap.

Scott Brick continues to do an amazing job with narration.
Melliane
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My ENglish review

As always, I was curious to immerse myself in a novel by Janet Evanovich and this series allows me each time to have a good time with a light and funny reading.

We find as always a new investigation or a new scam I should say, performed to bring down a Casino owner, money launderer for all the biggest criminals of this world. It is up to Kate and Nick to find a ploy to make him fall and thus start a new adventure. But as always, this plan remains far from
Book Him Danno
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have read a lot of Janet Evanovich from Plum, Lizzy and now the Fox and O’Hare series and have enjoyed the stories because they are light, fun and quick reads. Scam is number 4 in the Fox and O’Hare series so if you haven’t read the others it really shouldn’t be a problem because the extra characters are flat and the author always has a way of catching up the new readers. Kate O’Hare is the good cop AKA FBI who has been tasked working with one of the FBI 10 most wanted men in America Nick Fox. ...more
Tiffany PSquared
I am reading these out of order, but I've found that Evanovich's writing allows for this. This book is a light read. It has just enough of everything you need: action, quirky characters, danger, and expensive cars getting blown to bits.

Plus, the audiobook has Scott Brick's extremely listen-to-able voice.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!
Amy
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: heist
Still entertaining and fun but the Moonlighting Curse hit me there at the end. See, romantic tension dies when you bring your couple together. It is why Remington Steele stayed so consistently good over so many seasons. Why Moonlighting flopped. No matter how weak your plot, romantic tension keeps things interesting. But when your characters give into their tension...well, the story just crashes.
That's what drew me away form Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels. And that is, I fear, what wil
Jammin Jenny
I enjoyed this story by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. The two MCs track down a criminal to Hawaii. They are helped by Kate's father, an ex-military man. I think I'll go back and start with the first book in the series to get more of a feel for the characters.
Angie Elle
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Thank you to RANDOM HOUSE and Netgalley for providing a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Like the first three books in this series, The Scam was a quick read that flew right by. And yet somehow, it lost a bit of its polish for me with this installment. It felt like the plot was all over the place, and it was simply too intricate to describe with an even flow. Too many details bogged down the story. The first three could be blown right through, but you had to pay
Anita
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This series just gets better with the release of each new book. It has Evanovich's trademark dry humor and wit along with a kick ass plot that has you guessing to the very end. I can clearly see Lee Goldberg's influence and this collaboration is a hit. I love it!

As far as the plot goes, I'm not going to reveal much, because I want you to have to joy of discovery for yourself. I will say that this time Nick and Kate, wit
Wendy
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Scam

I was ready to give this book four stars until the very last page. I'm hooked on this series for sure. I like the dynamic between Kate and Nick and loved the way this book ended. I don't even mind that I have to wait until the next book is published to find out what happened to Nick. This is a cute series and just what I expect from Janet Evanovich.
Renee M
Aug 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Blek! A cliffhanger ending.
Everything else was good, formulaic fun.
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
I just didn't like this volume in the series.
It was okay, but not as good as the rest.
Carol
How do you scam someone who is trying to scam you? Come
along with Nicholas Fox, master thief and con artist who is
working secretly with Kate O’Hare, FBI agent. The pair are
bringing down untouchable criminals. This time a casino owner
who is involved with money laundering through gambling.
Joining Nick & Kate are an actor, a Somali pirate and Kate’s
father who is a real trip. The characters are all unique, vivid,
artfully drawn, quirky and fun. The dynamics between the main
characters shows un
Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
I was looking for a light read that I could escape to when I needed a break from another book that I was reading which was much heavier (and somewhat depressing). At any rate this book fit the bill.

I have only read one other book by Evanovich and had enjoyed it. The Scam is a light thriller with romance thrown in to spice it up. The plot however is sound. Kate, the FBI agent and Nick (a sort of reformed criminal) working with the police have uncovered a casino magnate who is laundering some mone
fleurette
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to fleurette by: Karla
Shelves: mystery
Another great addition to this wonderful and funny series which always makes me laugh. It's like watching a good heist movie.

The con is as great as always and Nick and Kate are at their best. (view spoiler)

The only flaw is that the next
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I lover this series. Janet and Lee are a great pair when it comes to writing together.

Nick and Kate are at it again, this time going after Evan Trace who is in the casino business but not necessarily legit.

Characters from previous books in this series like Willie, Boyd, and Chet to name a few are involved in this story--some like Boyd, throughout a lot of the story and others like Willie only minor near the ending when it comes together in getting the bad guy.

It was great to see that Kate and Ni
Dawn
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love reading about Fox and O’hare.
Rebecca
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
This was a quick and fast paced one. I think taking a small break from the series really worked because I was hooked to this book. These cons are so elaborate and of course things are always going wrong. I had so much fun reading this and the CLIFFHANGER! I need to get my hands on the next one asap.
Don
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book in the series. I like them as they are quick read. I am looking forward to the next one!
Rick
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action-adventure
A light read and an enjoyable entry in the series. Ends with a cliffhanger. Recommended.
Scammed by INTCAS 1 1 16 hours, 54 min ago
The SouthBourne Tax Group - Pas på seneste skat-sæson spear phishing scam 1 1 May 19, 2017 04:56PM
Play Book Tag: The Scam by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg 4 stars 5 18 Feb 04, 2016 10:06AM

• Death Before Decaf (A Java Jive Mystery, #1)
  • The California Roll
  • Ghost of a Potion (A Magic Potion Mystery, #3)
  • Hero at Large
  • Mr. Monk is a Mess (Mr. Monk, #14)
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • The Spellmans Strike Again (The Spellmans, #4)
  • Dragon Reborn (Dragon Point, #5)
  • What a Gentleman Desires (Redgrave #3)
  • Summer's Storm (The Graistan Chronicles, #2)
  • Hidden Honor
  • After the Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #4)
  • Twice Tempted (Drake's Rakes, #5)
  • Crowned and Dangerous (Her Royal Spyness, #10)
  • Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette: What is Wrong with You People
  • Yours, Mine, and Ours (Cadence Jones, #2)
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #3)
  • The Defiant Heart (Heart, #2)

Fox and O'Hare (6 books)
  • The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1)
  • The Chase (Fox and O'Hare, #2)
  • The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3)
  • The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
“Good grief. Are you flirting with me?"

"Honey, my intentions are way past flirting."

"Your intentions could get you a knee in the groin."

Nick grinned. "At least your mind's on the right body part.”
7 likes
“You and Nick are good together," Jake said. "Probably in more ways than you know."

"Let's not go there."

"You keep saying that to yourself, but maybe it's time for a rethink."

"Since when are you interested in my love life?"

"You don't have one. You're all about the job. With Bob, you can have both."

"You don't know anything about Bob."

"I know it's got to be Nick, because there isn't anybody else," Jake said. "Who could possibly compete?"

"Someone who isn't a criminal on the FBI's Most Wanted list for starters."

"How boring would that guy be? He couldn't match the excitement Nick brings to your life.”
4 likes