Start by marking “Counter Clockwise (Clockwise, #5)” as Want to Read:
Counter Clockwise (Clockwise, #5)

Counter Clockwise

(Clockwise #5)

High school senior Casey Donovan is in trouble. Again. If only she had trusted in Nate’s loyalty when he traveled to Spain with his college basketball team – despite the accompaniment of the cheerleading squad and Fiona the Floozy who’d made it super clear she wanted Nate for herself. Then she wouldn’t have made that impulsive trip to Hollywood and let Aiden do that stupid ...more
Published September 2nd 2015 (first published August 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Counter Clockwise, please sign up.

Colette
A fun, fast, time-traveling adventure that leaves you craving the sequel!
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Once again I end another book by Strauss with a smile on my face. Well, sort of. That little cliffhanger of an ending sure had me railing. But I am just so in love with this series and where it has taken off since I first started it almost 4 years ago. Wow! I can't believe it has been that long ago. But this series is amazing and such a wonderful read.

I have loved Casey and her quirky adventures back into 1860's. But this time it is different. This time things go from bad to worse in the blink
Floryie
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy from the author for an honest review*

I have loved this series since the first book and this one doesn't alter that opinion at all!
This is another great continuation to the Clockwise series and I absolutely loved the story and the way Casey and Nate show their vulnerability in this book.

The book starts off with intense emotions especially on Casey's side. The story begins at a stage in their relationship where Casey is feeling a bit insecure and it shows in her emotions be
Eileen
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Until now this is the book I enjoyed the most of the whole series. More things happen, the pacing is faster and lessons are learned. A very entertaining read.

Three time travels in this book. The first one is triggered by a wrong decision and jealousy. Together with Adeline who she meets at a party they travel to a time that is 'new' for the both of them. Finding their way and surviving is not that easy and things go very wrong.
The second time teaches her that changing a little thing in the pas
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Having never read any other books in the series, I had no problem being sucked into this one. I didn't need to know everything that happened in past books to enjoy this one but I'm definitely curious and will probably go back and read the series so I can discover more about Nate and Casey. I loved the whole time travel thing and all the drama that played out. I can't wait to discover what happens next.
Diane Bean
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I have been enjoying this series, however, I was a little disappointed with this one. The number of "coincidences" is more unbelievable than the possibility of time-travel itself. It seemed the author just needed to find quick, convenient ways to get her characters into and out of different circumstances. There are still aspects of the time-travel that are left undefined (what happens to their cellphones, school work, laptops, etc.? Some things get left behind, other items can be brought with th ...more
C.R. Flamingbush
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like the other Clockwise books, this one was interesting and kept my attention. You never know what to expect and can't help wondering what sort of trouble Casey is going to get into next. However, the plot was more complicated and a bit harder to follow. Still a good read, though I don't think the characters Casey meets in the past are as interesting as the ones she encounters in the first two books.
Patrizia
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are absolutely amazing. When I read the first one I just knew that I was a goner.
Carrie Burling
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. Finished it quick and immediately read the next one
Joseph Enos
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy

Another great installment from the clockwork collection the author never stops adding more entertaining adventures and challenges for our time explorers
Candy Laine
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Casey and Nate's relationship is seriously tested when he goes to Spain to play with his college's basket ball team. With Casey upset about his photos with the cheerleader Fiona, she's about ready to time travel. Only this time, she is off to a new time, and she's not alone. She's tripped back to the year 1929 and got involved in a rather dangerous situations. Resourceful girl manages to get back home after tripping, but things do not seem to have stayed the same.
Ashley Ferguson
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
You can find this review (and more!) at The A P Book Club!

*I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I really enjoyed the premise behind this book - a time-traveling girl who ends up in the wrong time? Yes please! I was a little bit concerned about reading this book, since it's book 5 in the series, but one of the first things after the title page is a note that you can start with this book and be alright, so I decided to just go for it.

I was a little confused for
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: strauss
Interesting take on time travel etecetera. CLOCKWISE: A young adult time travel romance. (The Clockwise Series Book 1) CLOCKWISER: A Young Adult Time Travel Romance (The Clockwise Series Book 2) Like Clockwork: A Young Adult Time Travel Romance. (The Clockwise Series Book 3) Counter Clockwise: A young adult time travel romance (The Clockwise Collection Book 4) Clockwork Crazy: A young adult time travel romance. (The Clockwise Collection Book 5) CLOCKED: A young adult time travel romance novella ...more
Moms POV
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed some of the twists in the book and the facts that Casey stretches her wings a bit and finds a way around some of her fears. I feel that she holds back too much and is too cautious most of the time. Obviously when dealing with time travel, you do not want to mess things up for the future, but many times she seems like an old lady instead of a teenager.

I did not feel that this book moved as smoothly..and as this series progresses, I am not as intrigued with the series, the characters or
Heather
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great instalment in the Clockwise series! Elle Strauss has managed to do it once again! She's brought back Casey, Nate, and Adeline for a fabulous new book! The story continues, expands, and explodes as Casey and Adeline meet up and manage to "trip" back to a new time period. Once again, Kudos to the author for managing even the tiny details of the time period so accurate!
When Casey and Nate "trip" to the new time period back home, they manage to set off a series of events that change th
Kim Paulus
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this continuing journey of Casey and Nate time traveling through history. Adeline and Casey finally meet and ooops... accidentally "trip" together. This brings a whole new set of issues to the table. Instead of tripping to their familiar time lines of either the 1800's or 1950's they trip to the 1920's. Not only do they both have to navigate the new time line, they now have to deal with the issues that caused them to trip in the first place. This book kept me awake...could not p ...more
Willa
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy time travel books...just wonderful flights of fancy. The "Clockwise" series by Elle Strauss have been so much fun to read. Just finished Counter Clockwise, the latest one, and it was great. You never know what is around the corner and the surprises just keep coming. Although the books can be read as individual stories it is nice to follow the characters from one book to the next. It's hard to put the book down once you start as you want to find out what's coming. I am looking forw ...more
Veray
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love the characters in this series and was so glad to find that it wasn't over. The things that happened in this book were rather complicated compared to the others and I loved all the changes that happened. Some of the new characters were great and some I hated, but I think I was supposed to feel that way so YAY! The romance part was rather distressing though and the ending made me cry. I hope Casey can survive what happened and somehow find a happy ending. I kind of saw it coming, but w ...more
Marian
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've read the author's other books in the Clockwise series and have enjoyed them. Counter Clockwise was also a great read, a book I couldn't put down. With the characters from previous Clockwise books, Elle Strauss creates a snafu in the whole going-back-in-time business. All I could think is "but how are they going to get out of this?" I enjoyed the twists and turns, and the relationships between characters. I loved Casey's strength even though she is out of her element and scared. It was great ...more
Rebekka Lange
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this might be the best one yet!!! It has everything an amazing book needs. Plus extra bonus intrigue I wasn't expecting! From the two sets of characters coming together, drama, mystery, new time period and the future changing. Which is the ultimate question of time travel. What can happen to the present and future? Well it's answered in this book! The cliff hanger is also quite a douse! Already starting the 6th book! Completely recommend, when done with the others.
YBx
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I have to say that Elle Strauss has done it again. This book was my favorite so far in this series. I just loved all the twists in the story. It was great! I loved how Casey got to meet up with Adeline again and go on a wild adventure. New time travel issues were created with finesse and ingenuity. I loved every minute and can't wait until the next in the series!!
Karen
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Life is difficult when you're a time traveller. Casey's been travelling back to the 1860s since she was 10. She's made friends there and has always found a way to look after herself in that time.
Now she travels to the 1920s and things aren't the same at all. It's a violent time and Casey finds herself in more trouble than she can handle. Then things start changing when she returns to her present. Will she be able to fix things or will she be stuck in an alternate timeline?
Erica
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I finished the 4th book in the series today (they say 5th if you count the short one told from Nate's point of view). I've been enjoying it. I could do without some of the teenage drama, and it has a bit less maturity than some of the other young adult series I enjoy, but the science fiction aspect is interesting, and I do like a good romance (even if it includes teen drama).
Mella
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but I also thought it was at times, rather silly. I loved seeing Adeline again! But the idea of Casey changing her timeline like that is strange. I am not sure I like this "ode" to Back to the Future. And how it was so easy for her to make things right again...?

I guess I will see how the last book goes!!
Miranda
Again, I appreciate the cleanliness and imagination of Strauss' work. This installment had more than a few editorial misses, too many repetitions of the storyline for being such a short work, and a few dropped lines (which may be picked up in the next installment), but overall, followed the fun, historically driven theme as the rest of this series.
Billie Cutcher
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved this story. couldnt stop reading. even tho i have to get up early in morning this book kept me captivated. A great ya book. cant wait to read the next one.
Karissa Graham
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elle Strauss did it again thru the whole book you are always on your toes. a true work of art...if you haven't read it or any of her books NOW is the time!!!!!
Sandra  Petterson
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!
Emily
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This installment was fast-paced and compelling. I enjoyed it.
Mischa
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
This would've been so much better if everone wasn't so stupid.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 29, 2015 03:10PM
  • Spiral Path (Night Calls #3)
  • Running Wide Open (Full Throttle, #1)
  • Dragons in the Stars (Star Rigger, #2)
  • The Zochtil (Almek Manning, #1)
  • A Tale of Light and Shadow (A Tale of Light and Shadow, #1)
  • The Dragons' Chosen
  • The Lady Astronomer
  • Linked Through Time (Through Time, #1)
  • Defying Mars (Saving Mars, #2)
  • Better Than This
  • Whale Song
  • Any Other Night
  • Parallel Visions (Teen Psychic, #1)
  • A Fairy's Guide to Disaster (Away From Whipplethorn, #1)
  • The Locket (Yesterday, #2)
  • Views from the Tower
  • Hansel and Gretel (Faerie Tale Collection, #5)
  • Hiding Carly
Elle is the bestselling author of fun, other-worldy YA: whimsical things like time-travel, fairies and merfolk (with a nice helping of romance!) She divides her time between BC, Canada and Dresden, Germany, and enjoys drinking coffee and eating chocolate in both places.

She also writes Dystopian YA, Historical Fiction, and Mystery Suspense as Lee Strauss.

Clockwise (6 books)
  • Clockwise (Clockwise, #1)
  • Clockwiser (Clockwise, #2)
  • Like Clockwork (Clockwise, #3)
  • Clocked (Clockwise, #4)
  • Clockwork Crazy (Clockwise, #6)