Start by marking “Capture (Seaside Pictures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Capture (Seaside Pictures, #1)

Capture

(Seaside Pictures #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  6,586 Ratings  ·  638 Reviews
Losing your ability to speak at the age of seventeen; it’s not normal or fair.
But trauma, has a way of throwing normality out the window.

Dani lives anything but a normal life.
Her sister is married to one of the biggest names in Hollywood.
Her best friends are rockstar duo AD2.
And she has more love around her than most people experience in a lifetime.
But that doesn't change
Published August 20th 2015 by Rachel Van Dyken

To ask other readers questions about Capture, please sign up.
Rachel Dyken You can easily read it as a stand alone, thats how it was written ;)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

Such a sweet,romantic and funny story!I haven't read a lot of books of this author but so far it's my favorite of her!

description

Dani has experienced a tragedy, her parents are dead from a car accident.She blames herself for this and she shuts down the ability to speak.Lucky has her sister and some friends who care,support and love her!But this isn't exactly what she wants!Lincoln is a hot Hollywood star and her new boss.Can he gives her what she needs?

“My body screamed for her. And my heart well…
XxTainaxX
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. It's interesting that even in books, powerful events affect different characters to a degree that is only determined by their personalities, histories, etc. After a traumatic event, Dani lost her voice. On her own, she came across as sassy and sarcastic, even when only through text. Lincoln is a Hollywood heartthrob and friend to Dani's brother in law. He was sexy and funny. Sweet and protective. I liked how they were together despite Lincoln's understandable apprehension to her age. ...more
Dali
Currently (05/23/2017) free -> http://amzn.to/1JqybIU
It's sweet, funny and sexy. A lighthearted and touching new adult romance I didn’t want to end and cemented my Rachel Van Dyken fan girl status.

PTSD is not exclusive to military combat and Dani could tell you all about it, if she could talk. The trauma of losing her parents and surviving has changed her in more ways than one. It left her full of hurt, regret, shame, and feeling disconnected especially without the ability to speak. And
Sabrina
♬Listened to Audio 11/15/17♬

Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Lovey Dovey Stars

Dani's parents died in an accident that she thinks is her fault and ever since then she hasn't been the same. She became depressed, stopped leaving the house, stopped eating, and eventually stopped speaking. Being mute at seventeen, the time she's supposed to be living her life to the fullest, isn't fair or easy. Her life is going nowhere, until Lincoln Greene shows up and hires her as his assistant.

Lincoln is ins
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
"Regardless of whether it's the second, third, or fourth time, kissing you, even if it's during a scene, and I'm acting. It feels like the most real thing in my existence."

Lincoln Greene. Was. Gorgeous. It's that simple. He has a magic way about him. Maybe call it celebrity magic, I don't know. I liked him. I enjoyed him. And I loved watching him fall in love.

Dani's been through a whirlwind of hurt in her past. Some seriously traumatic events causing her to have some issues preventing her from
Maya
3,5 STARS

I read this book second and read Keep me first, so I kinda knew the ending of this book but I still wanted to know Dani and Lincoln's story. I admit, it wasn't as good as Zane's story but still quite enjoyable.

Big name actor meets small-town teen girl, what could possibly go wrong, right? Well, let's just say a lot! Given the tragic history of how Dani came to be mute and what role Lincoln played in all that was just so sad to watch it all unfold the way it did. Dani can't seem to move
Cristina
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Are you a Seaside series fan?

If the answer is...

description

...then you've probably already read this novel or you are about to read it so I'm not going to waste my breath for you (or better said my fingers :P)

But if your answer is...

description

...then you probably haven't read the series and have no idea what I'm talking about.

That's ok because I haven't read them either :P It's been on my TBR list for a while but I just haven't gotten around to reading it (maybe because it's YA and sounds like a love triangle it's
KAS
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable, easy read! Although this can be read as a stand alone, I would recommend reading the other novels in the "Seaside" series to get a real feel for the background characters. Each character has a very unique sense of humor, so it made this book all the more entertaining. Looking forward to Zane's story!
Ashleyjo
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I can always depend on Van D for an A+ rom-com.

Free w/ KU.

So, this is a spinoff from a different series, which I haven't yet read and that aren't available on KU. But, I gather that the supporting cast here were all featured in their own books.

I love the supporting cast... Hilariously fun makeshift family of rockers and actors. I need a Zane and a bag of marshmallows ASAP!

FMC is a month from 18 & MMC is 22-years-old.

The female MC has tragedy and a lifestyle that makes her 'old for her
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐ 3.5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐

This was cute and sweet NA romance by Rachel Van Dyken, although it felt more of a YA to me.

Dannae ‘Dani’ Garcia , seventeen years old (17) hasn’t spoken a word since 8 months. She lost her voice, or more accurately the ability to talk after an horrific experience.
She lost her parents in a car crash and has been living with her sister and brother-in-law, both famous movie stars.

Preparing for a new movie, her sister and brother in-law bargain with her to accept a job for the summ
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

***Confession time... I haven't read Rachel Van Dyken's Seaside Series so I really wasn't familiar with the secondary cast of characters from that series as they made their reappearance in Capture. But what I loved about Capture is that it can be read as a standalone and Rachel Van Dyken introduces all the characters so readers don't feel left out for not reading the Seaside Series.***

#Capture_RVD

#Capture1

Capture by Rachel Van Dyken perfectly cap
Tandie
I can't do it, DNF at 85%. So, so bad.

Fragile Flower is an overprotected selective mute. Her bro-in-law is producing a movie and gets her a job as Mr Movie Star's assistant. Mr MS is fascinated by Fragile Flower and we get to hear his angsty inner monologue. MUST RESIST. FF IS ONLY 17. Oh, btw, she'll be 18 in a few weeks.

Insta-luv causes FF to regain her voice. She speaks! We're treated to her bratty, angry behavior every time Mr. MS rejects her. She gets stomping mad when he mentions that sh
Nancy's Romance Reads
May 22, 2015 marked it as to-read
TBR ALERT!! A new standalone from Rachel Van Dyken is coming our way on 20 August! This new story sounds awesome and the cover is GORGEOUS!! :D

Blurb:

Losing your ability to speak at the age of seventeen; it’s not normal or fair.
But trauma, has a way of throwing normality out the window.

Dani lives anything but a normal life.
Her sister is married to one of the biggest names in Hollywood.
Her best friends are rockstar duo AD2.
And she has more love around her than most people experience in a lifet
Patty
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance
** 4.5 "I want to chase you, Dani." stars **

"Life, I was starting to figure out, was never going to be easy. There would be hard days, and there would be great days, but the most important thing to remember was that I was given those days."
Bella
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

Rachel Van Dyken is a hit or miss author for me. I LOVE her Ruin series but couldn't get into the Consequence series. After reading the blurb of Capture, I wanted to read more. A tortured mute girl and a Hollywood heartthrob? I couldn't wait to see how these two find a happily ever after.

Going into the book, I did not know it was a spin off from the Seaside series - I have not yet read this series. I don't know if reading this series before reading Capture would have helped, but I had
sue
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it

I would like to start by thanking the author for an advanced copy of this lovely book.

I was first taken in by blurb. The book is called CAPTURE, however, it was the beautiful writing that definitely "captured " me and kept my attention today that I had to sit and read this in one sitting.

Its so beautifully written, you can actually feel the pain, trauma and emotions coming through from the pages.

Dani's life is really crappy, what with everything that has happened to her I could only feel her
E Low the
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My first Rachel Van Dyken experience was with the gang from Seaside, I read the entire box set in one weekend. I fell in love with not only the characters but RVD herself. This book, like everything else of hers, did not disappoint. I loved coming back where it all started for me, it felt like a homecoming of sorts. This is the story Dani and Lincoln and the chemistry between these two is wonderful! I found myself laughing, sighing, crying and a couple of OMG's may have been thrown in there as w ...more
David Maher
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Dani is not in a good place. Her parents died in a car wreck, she blame herself, and if that weren't enough, in her grief and trauma, her own subconscious is working against her by shutting off her ability to speak.

On the plus side, she's surrounded by an amazing group of family and friends who love her and do their best to support her, but much like any teenager, outside help isn't really what Dani wants. Don't want to be told, don't want to be helped, don't want to be fixed.

Enter Lincoln Green
Liza
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it in the beginning, in the middle and in the end.

Seaside Series is probably my most favorite RVD series ever! The first moment I read the first chapters, I knew that this is again an instant 5- star read for me.

We go back to Dani, Priscilla's sister from Fall, who was traumatized by her parents' death. It was a good challenge/ demise for a character. I enjoyed the texting moments.

I couldn't find a moment where the energy was down in the entire book. The spine- tingling, toe- curling
Raelene barns
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love if it's written by Rachel Van Dyken
Capture is a fantastic addition of the Seaside series loved it
This book had me grinning from start to finish
I love the humour in this series,
with a touch of trauma thrown in this makes for a great read
Meg
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet, easy love story.
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

Rachel Van Dyken's "Capture" was a book I absolutely loved the sound of. The story line sounded completely original and and with Hollywood's newest heart throb involved, I could't wait to get stuck in. Unfortunately, very early on, I started to feel out of sorts with what I was reading. Part of this was my fault. I had no idea this was a companion n
Amy
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

“I’ve always been bad with small talk, especially since the accident when words were so much more than things you tossed into the cosmos just to hear yourself talk. Words held meaning; they held power.”

I have to admit something. I have not read the Seaside Series. Yes, that’s right. I haven’t. It’s been sitting on my kindle and on my tbr list for way too long. Let me tell you, after reading this book and falling completely in love with it, I am kicking myself for not read
Aira  Cabrera
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Oh how I loved this! It was so sweet and funny. It’s so easy to distinguish Rachel Van Dyken’s writing style. It’s funny without being corny, romantic without being cheesy, and deep and intense without being pretentious.

Dani can’t speak. It’s not that she chooses not to, she just can’t. She’s just been through a lot. Her family and friends are so worried about her, so her brother-in-law decided that she needed a job to distract her. Her job? Being a
Carisa
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh My!!! Rachel Van Dyken has done it again. Seriously is there nothing she can't do. In this lovely book we have Dani who has experienced tragedy and we have Lincoln who has his own tragedy and they are both drawn to each other. Together they find what each other is looking for when they weren't looking for it.

Such a sweet love story and we get to see some of our favorite characters from previous books make an appearance. Love it so much I can't wait to read it again!!!
Cindy
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed! Kind of unique in someways. Can't wait for Zane's story!!!
Melliane
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Je passe généralement de bons moments avec les romans de Rachel Van Dyken et j’étais curieuse de découvrir une autre de ses séries.

Nous découvrons ainsi Dani, une jeune fille de 17 ans qui après la mort de ses parents dans un accident de voiture dont elle se sent responsable a perdu l’usage de la parole. Ce n’est pas qu’elle ne veut pas parler, elle aimerait, mais elle n’y arrive plus. Alors pour la faire enfin bouger du trou où elle s’est cloitrée, sa sœur d
Jen
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Torn betweetn 3.5-4 stars
Going into Capture, I was so excited because I LOVE Hollywood romances. Rachel Van Dyken gave us Lincoln, loved him!! The love story between Linc and Dani was sweet and very swoony. There were so many great details added, kind of made you feel as if you were watching a movie. I loved that I felt their every emotion—that added a lot to the story for me. The only negatives were that there seemed to be a backstory, obviously from another series that I didn't read, and that
Tiffany
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
RVD never disappoints! :)
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
3.5 - 4 / 5 Fangs

I did not read any of the Seaside books before reading this book, but I decided to read this book because it was stated that this book was a stand alone. Even though this book was listed as a stand alone, I still had a hard time getting into this book due to the fact the main character was from the Seaside series. I felt like I missed out a lot on Dani's character by not reading the books in the Seaside series. This book felt like it was written for people who already knew who D
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)
  • Deal Breakers (Dealing with Love #1)
  • London Falling (International School, #2)
  • Rise (Cold Mark Saga #4)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
  • Perfect Sense (Perfect Series #1)
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • To Hate Adam Connor
  • The Summer of Jake
  • Sky High (Attraction #3)
  • The Hometown Hoax (The Hoax Series, #3)
  • A Matter of Trust (A Matter of Trust, #1)
  • Just Her Luck
  • Strictly Stuck (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #1)
  • His Plaything
  • Blurring the Lines (Men of the Zodiac, #11)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Seaside Pictures (3 books)
  • Keep (Seaside Pictures, #2)
  • Steal (Seaside Pictures, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Don't try to be good at everything, don't spread yourself so thin that you accomplish nothing; rather, pick a few things and do them well. Excel in those areas and you'll excel in life.” 4 likes
“Fine. I'm tame. And boring. I like reading. And the last time I went to a party, I left early because Outlander was on.” 2 likes