Start by marking “One Love Two Hearts Three Stories: A Pride & Prejudice Anthology” as Want to Read:
One Love  Two Hearts Three Stories: A Pride & Prejudice Anthology

One Love Two Hearts Three Stories: A Pride & Prejudice Anthology

This is a collection of two novella length stories and one full-length novel.

The Library - What happens when Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet are alone in the library at Netherfield Park and they decide to talk instead of ignore each other? In Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, the half hour passes without either our hero or our heroine speaking one word to each
Published May 26th 2015 by Joy Dawn King (first published May 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about One Love Two Hearts Three Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Love Two Hearts Three Stories

Start your review of One Love Two Hearts Three Stories: A Pride & Prejudice Anthology
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
I grabbed this Pride and Prejudice fanfic as a Kindle freebie. It's a collection of two novellas and a short novel, all based around alternative storylines in the P&P world:

* What if Darcy had gotten up the nerve to actually have a heart to heart talk with Lizzy in the library at Netherfield? (Worth the price of admission just to read about Darcy putting Caroline Bingley in an armlock when she tried to put the moves on him, lol! So out of place for Darcy's character and his time, but it
Sheila Majczan
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, I have to say that one of the markers for how I will rate a story is whether or not it brings me to tears. In reading these three stories I was brought to tears by two out of the three. I had read the first two stories Online as WIPs. I had enjoyed them there and enjoyed them just as much in the re-reading.

THE LIBRARY: This novella is set, for the majority, at Netherfield during the time Elizabeth spent nursing Jane. As you may recall, Jane became ill after being sent to dine with Caroline
Victoria Kincaid
Wonderful -- three JAFF stories in one! I particularly loved the novel-length one which included Elizabeth's interference with Wickham's plans at Ramsgate and dealt with the issue of slavery--fascinating and heartfelt.
Erika
Absolutely delightful!!!

To start with, J Dawn King is an absolutely delightful writer!!! This is her second book, and I love this one as much as her first, "A Father's Sins". Mrs King knows how to draw you in, in constant want for more, but she also leaves a lot to the readers imagination. She knows how to write that perfect balance.

In "One Love - Two Hearts - Three Stories," we see 3 different options for how Elizabeth and Darcy meet and marry.

1. The Library - what if Darcy could not help
J. W. Garrett
Oh my heart, three stories to lift the spirit

Part 1: The Library: 5-stars
Love is in the air…or was that the library

The one thing readers of JAFF have always wanted was more face time with ODC [our dear couple]. In this short story by J. Dawn King we have that. The reader was witness to a window of time when Elizabeth and Darcy are in the Netherfield library during the time Elizabeth helped care for Jane during her illness.

In spite of their reticence, ODC open up in a way we do not normally get
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
Triple the Darcy, Triple the Elizabeth, Triple the Romance!

Austenesque anthologies seem to be all the rage at the moment! I love that authors are writing Austenesque-inspired short stories, and novellas – not every plot bunny can be fleshed out into a full-length novel! And these shorter works are great for readers who may be looking for a quick dip into Jane Austen’s world or who perhaps only have brief bouts of reading time available. I think it is wonderful that Ms. King challenged herself to
Joleen
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
My first review below is apparently the only story I heard in this audio version of the book. And then it was over. But the book actually has three stories. I only came in on the one called Ramsgate. So that review is below. I will have to go back through the audio version to see if I can find the other two stories. Until then, this is Ramsgate...

This was an alternate Pride and Prejudice story, audio version.
It was an utter surprise to me. I'm aware of, and have even read other books like this,
James S
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
3 delightful stories

I enjoyed all 3 stories immensely. There is something about the author’s writing style. It resonates in my head. I don’t think of anything else but the story. And they are hard to put down.

I recommend this book highly.
Kasia Burlakoff
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: april-2017
Great short stories, that left me wanting for more. All three of them have D&E relationship progress quickly, without majority of canon misunderstandings and angst. Luckily, J. Dawn King writes her short stories in such a way, that they don't suffer too much from their length.

Two Ramsgate stories are my favorite, I love Elizabeth disturbing Wickham's plans. With many entertaining original characters, and plenty of humor, they are a delight to read.
Sara
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jaff
2nd time on Audible. Sweet collection of 3 short stories. I like Married the best but they awere all really great!
Judi Easley
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jane Austen fans
Recommended to Judi by: Author rep
My Disclaimer:
I was provided a free copy of this book by the author's representative. I am providing an honest review in which all opinions are fully my own. I am not being compensated in any way.
~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

My Review:
A book with three Jane Austen re-tales in it should keep you busy on a damp and dreary afternoon. Well, it kept me well occupied. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

The story lines varied widely from what JA might have written had she thought of these ideas. But
Janet
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One Love – Two Hearts – Three Stories by J Dawn King

The title of the latest release by J Dawn King, One Love – Two Hearts – Three Stories, is perfect for this book and I do love it. All three stories are about Darcy and Elizabeth. One of the things that I fancy best about them is that each story has much time with Darcy and Lizzy in company. Add to their together time, an extremely good plot and you have some fine reading. It does not get much better than that.

The first short story is ‘The
Leslie
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: P &P fans
This is book with two very short but enjoyable stories and one longer and wonderfully busy story. This book is clean and fairly angst free.

The first story The Library is what convinced me to buy. It is a unique spin on Darcy and Lizzy in the Netherfield library where all is explained and love can blossom.

The Second has Darcy & Lizzy marrying to cover up Georgiana's attempted elopement. This is a little more angsty and dramatic. There are plenty of twists and turns Miss Austen never
Deborah
I loved the three stories....2 short Novellas and one full length story. Joy writes in a way that has some angst, but not too much.

The first (novella): The Library is what if Elizabeth and Darcy had talked while Jane was at Netherfield.

The second: (full length novel): Married is when Elizabeth is called home from the Gardner's to marry Mr. Collins.

The third (novella): Ramsgate shows how Elizabeth helps Georgiana in a time of need

Joy handles each story with love and humor, which makes you fall
Victoria
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
So I started out really liking the first short story, until IT WENT SO FAST! Like a lot happen in the library! Then I started out with the second, much longer story, and it was pretty good, something I hadn't read before AND THEN IT WENT TOO FAST WITH TOO MUCH GOING ON! By the time I got to the third story I knew exactly what I was in for but still was like WHO IS THIS FAST AND FURIOUS DARCY!?

If you like your stories tied up tout suite this is a great collection of three!
Melissa
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jane-austen
This was a Kindle freebie with three Pride & Prejudice variations. A great bathtub read!
Tina
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Since this book has three different stories I will be looking at each story individually.

The Library - This is a cute little story. The main premise of it is Darcy declaring his love way before Hunsford in the Netherfield library. The only thing that gets me is that Elizabeth at one point tells him that she doesn't love him but by the time they leave the library she's in love with him. Talk about changing your feelings way to fast. I did like
Katherine
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
3 stories that are pretty decent length in themselves give us a different take on the story of Elizabeth and Darcy.
The first story takes place during that time that they spent alone in the library at Netherfield. What if they conversed instead of sitting in silence? Elizabeth gets to know real Darcy. Although I think the progression of their relationship over one conversation is too fast it was a cute happy story that made me laugh especially at Caroline's expense!

Second story finds Elizabeth on
Susan
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: austenesque
Three Pride and Prejudice variations
- The Library - what happens when Darcy and Elizabeth are together in the Netherfield Library.
- Married - Miss Darcy elopes with Wickham and Mrs Younge in a coach heading north through Meryton. Also travelling with them is Miss Elizabeth Bennet who becomes concerned for the welfare of Miss Darcy.
- Ramsgate - what if the Gardiners and the Bennets met and befriend Miss Darcy while Wickham is in Ramsgate.
Enjoyed all three stories and wanted them to be longer.
pamela k cronister
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These were easy light and fun

Once in a while you want a light read. And that's exactly what these three stories were . Nothing too heavy but very much enjoyed. Thank goodness for fan fiction. Jane Austen can live on forever and write on it as well. I hope to read other works by these three authors in the future
delair pope
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It will make you smile

Great book a joy to read. Each story was fun and very like Jane Austen.This is a very good variation.
I
Maria Thomas
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I feared we were off to a bad start when the first of the three stories had headed into Darcy's inappropriate thoughts about Lizzy's body parts. Nothing bores me quicker than that. I much prefer his attraction to her fine eyes and quick wit. I thought about just closing the book up at page 6 but decided to give it a little more of a chance. Luckily the rest of the book didn't follow this path which lead me to wonder why it was even included in the first place? It was so totally unnecessary.

Alicia
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd probably rate this at a 3 overall but I really liked the middle story up to a 4. Balance it out to a 3.5 average.

The first story, The Library, and last, Ramsgate, were nice but definitely on the shorter side which left me wishing they were just a bit more fleshed out. Married! was the longest and that let me get more from it which added a lot of enjoyment. Obviously none of the premises were new but I do appreciate the care and detail that King adds to each.
Book lover
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting variations of pride and prejudice

A collection of three different versions of pride and prejudice. The stories were not unnecessary long or tedious. I have read many pride and prejudice versions but thus book managed to introduce new twists to the subject matter. I enjoyed reading all three tales.
Julie G Miles
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice story

It's been a while since I've read Austen's Pride and Prejudice so it took me a while to get reacquainted with the characters. This was a fun addition to the original story and I'm glad I found it.
MsKingsPens
Of the three works in this set Married! was my favorite. The Library was fun (I think that is the first time I have ever felt sorry for Caroline Bingley). Ramsgate was cute but everyone outside of Elizabeth and Jane felt a tad OOC.

Sreevidya
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Different plots for the Pride & Prejudice characters. Although we can never compare with the original, this is a pleasant read..
Kebby Shropshire
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed all three

These were good variations of P&P. The second left me a little uncomfortable with the portrayal of Darcy's sister. I recommend this book.
Suzanne
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Didn't like this at all.
Cary
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Except for the set up or format of this book, I enjoyed the twists and turns on Pride and Prejudice.

• Elizabeth and Darcy: Ardently Yours: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Journey Home To Pemberley: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • A Reason to Hope: A Pride & Prejudice Novella
  • In Search of Happiness: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • A Case of Some Delicacy
  • Darcy's Ultimatum (The Cousins #1)
  • A Duel in Meryton: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Nefarious: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • For Pemberley: A Pride & Prejudice Novella
  • One Bride & Two Grooms: A Pride & Prejudice Novella
  • A Chance Encounter in Pemberley Woods
  • Hypothetically Married: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
I go by the name "Joy". There is a well-published author that uses my full name (including the same middle initial). Imagine that!
“had been sitting across from her for almost twenty minutes in silence; listening to the pendulum's movement in the aged walnut mantle clock while watching her. He could feel the” 0 likes
“did” 0 likes