Start by marking “Home to You (Suspicious Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Home to You (Suspicious Hearts, #1)

Home to You

(Suspicious Hearts #1)

He held her through her darkest moments, caught her tears on capable shoulders, but one thing kept them apart.

At twenty-six, Katie McGregor is starting over and returning to the man she’s loved her whole life. Jake Johnson. The man whose smile made her pulse race, whose touch made her knees weak, and whose words broke her heart.

With three years separation, Jake welcomes h
Published August 19th 2015 by Good House Publishing (first published August 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Home to You, please sign up.
Taylor Sullivan Yes, it is! The next book in the series will have Jake and Katie, but they are not the main characters.
Hope this helps. :)

NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm a sucker for unrequited love stories, and this one hit the nail on the head for those type feelings. The reason for my rating being so low is because the drama was kind of stupid. It felt as if the author wanted to put in the stereotypical drama (view spoiler) I also hated how abrupt the ending was. Was it still enjoyable? Yes. W
Paige
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it
3 "You're My Home" Stars

Home to You told Katie's story as she found out that her boyfriend of over 2 years was cheating on her and pretty much everyone around her knew it. When she leaves him, she runs to the one person she has always been able to count on, her brother's best friend, Jake.

Jake and Katie haven't really seen or spoken much to each other in three years. They've known each other since they were really young and Katie has secretly (or really not so secretly) been in love with him si
✴ Cindy ✴
I found Katie to be lacking in self confidence. I have a hard time liking a heroine who has an internal dialogue that is so pathetic. She was hung up on her older brothers friend for years. She threw herself at him when they were young and he rejected her. Of course, he liked her but thought himself undeserving because he unjustly blamed himself for her brothers death. Cue the violins.

She left town and gave her virginity away to her next boyfriend and he ended up cheating on her. He was her only
Terri
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love brothers best friend but this one didn’t quit do it for me. It started out promising but just turned cheesy and I had to skim at least half of it.
Nancy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe this was a debut novel. Wow. This read like a Jennifer Armentrout book, and I adore me some Jen. I have a new author to add to my favorites list!

Katie was a pretty cool character. Approachable, friendly, but realistic. Then there's Jake. Jake was just freaking amazing. From his nickname for her, Kit Kat, to his opening his house for her at the drop of a hat, he had it all.

The thing I found so great about this book was how much I wanted to meet these characters. I wanted to take
Samantha Larkin
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A solid sturdy 3 stars! It moved at a nice pace and I didn't skim!

FMR Book Grind
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
AMY C'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

I am a huge sucker for second chance (or any chance) love! This book was so adaptable and sweet and just what I needed to read. It was coming of age, love, heartache and redemption all rolled into one fantastic story. It was my first from this author and it won't be my last. She did a great job with the story line and flow of e book.

I absolutely loved Jake & Katie. They were playful and fragile and just beautiful to read. I loved the comfort ability they had with each
Irma
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
“What do you want, Jake?”
“For you to trust me, for you to stop telling me you're leaving, and to kiss you unil you no longer hurt.”

Home to You is such a heartwarming romantic story, I highly recommend it.

description
Sandra
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This is the second book I've read by this author and I was no disappointed. Such a great job is done weaving intricate romances that tug on the heartstrings.
Jessica
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love friendships turned romances, especially when they have a 20 year history! This was a very cute, happy, (somewhat) thrilling read! Jake is described as a total hottie and gentleman. Katie seems like the girl next door, madly in love with her older brothers best friend. The chemistry through this book was so good too. Definitely recommend this book for a quick read!
Dilek VT
Feb 12, 2019 marked it as not-appealing
Doesn't sound like something I would enjoy:

JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
Katie McGregor has decided to come home. She’s returning to the one man she has ever truly loved. Jake Johnson welcomes her home with his warm smile and charming ways that maybe her heart race.

Years have separated them does he still think of her as a little sister? Is he still the guy who doesn’t do relationships?

He was always there to hold her through her darkest times, making her feel safe.

Will be there this time be different? Can they really have a chance at the love Katie so desperately w
Lisa Lamont
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this book!

The complexity of the characters and engaging nature of the story reminded me a lot of Colleen Hoover!

The author really captured the feelings of what it is like to have a first, unrequited, love! Luckily for the reader, the ending is much happier than my own! ;)

The characters were endearing, relatable and above all believable! Katie is the every-girl that we can all identify with. She is smart, talented and a little vulnerable. Jake is like the boys I crushed on in my
LunalandBooks
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Taylor Sullivan is now firmly on my Authors to watch out for list. Home to You was a perfect romance book that held enough drama to keep the book interesting without it taking away from the romance itself. I adored Katie and Jake's heartbreaking story and I found myself really rooting for them as a couple throughout the book.
I won't lie there are things that I would change about this book such as a Jake's girlfriend whom I wanted to strangle and throw in a fire, and also I really would have lov
Erin Paige Bixby
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This was a great second chance romance. Katie and Jake are both struggling. Jake blames himself for Katie’s brother Dave’s accident that killed him. He feels like he is not good enough for Katie. But he knows he won’t be able to fight the connection much longer. Katie has faced rejection at the hands of Jake twice already and she knows a third time will break her. She tries very hard to fight her attraction to him, but she has loved him forever and her fight is pointless. They both need each oth ...more
Angel Hatfield
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kevin had lied and cheated and Katie and Kevin had been together for two years and he said some very hurtful things when he sees he can’t sway her to stay. She even had pictures to prove he's cheating. Katie quit her job and had an interview on Monday in L A The first boy Katie had was her brother Dave’s best friend Jake. Kadie had not seen Jake in three years and she was going to stay with him. But she wondered did Jake still think of her as his little sister?
I really liked the story and plot
J. Judkins
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Katie is back after a failed relationship. She’s taken in by Jake as a friend, and it remains unclear whether he wants more than friendship or not. On one hand, he keeps his current girlfriend with no signs of getting tired of her. On the other, he’s eye-candy for Katie and can never seem to find his shirt.

Katie both wants to keep her distance and see whether Jake feels anything or not, not wanting to make waves and spoil what Jake has with his current girlfriend. Sometimes the reader wants to s
Carrie
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book to read. I was a little worried about Katie and how her life would end up. This book took me through her life journey, ups and downs.
Ellie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Exasperating and dull

I always feel kind sorry for the heroes who have the bad fortune to fall in with heroines who jump to conclusions and whinge about how broken they are. In real life, such women are the proverbial ball and chain. They are needy and demanding, passive-aggressive, always suspicious. They slowly drain the life out of the poor bastards. It's no wonder men in that situation lose interest or wind up looking for someone else. In reality, a couple like this one doesn't have a chance
Madison
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this is what rock bottom feels like... she thought she experienced it before but she was wrong.
After discovering her boyfriend of over two years has been cheating on her, Katie has had enough. She ran from the only home she's ever known and the man she's been in love with for practically her whole life to get to this point. Now she has no choice but to go back to him for a new start once again.

Jake was her brother's best friend. He was supposed to be like another brother, but she never saw h
Melyssa Winchester
Title: Home to You
Author: Taylor Sullivan
Genre: Second Chance Romance, Adult Contemporary
Series or Standalone: Standalone Series (Suspicious Hearts #1)
Rating: 5 Stars

Review

description

Home to You is the first story in the Suspicious Hearts series by author Taylor Sullivan, and is told from the point of view of lead female protagonist Katie as she heads back to LA and her old friend/guard dog/protector, Jake, after her life hits the skids.

One of the things I enjoy most about being a blogger is getting to e
Rachel
This is the second book I've read from this author and it was just as good as the first one. The drama, the angst, the passion, the love... it was a fantastic story and two really wonderful characters.

Katie is coming out of a long-term relationship after her boyfriend was found having affairs with multiple people. In her haste to get away, Katie runs home to Jake, her deceased brothers best friend, and secret love of her life. Katie has fought hard to keep her feelings for Jake a secret her enti
Alice
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it

Was fine. The characters were a bit annoying because their problems went a bit wild in their head, though after a little stop in reading it I can get it. It adds an element of realism.

Though it is a romance novel there was a moment I wasn't completely sure they will end up together. And that doubt is very impressive also because of the name of the book.

I wanted more relationship, more care, more intimacy, more love, and I found myself a bit disappointed. Especially after I LOVED Sulliva
Jennifer Campbell
Good book

Meh. Good read but Not anything too dramatic or overly exciting. It was what I consider an Ok book. Every now and then, a reader just needs something down the middle and this book is it. It has a good story line, interesting characters, but just kinda falls flat in content. I wished up so much more in my imagination. And, I thought for sure Grace was going to stick Katie with the cost of the party but the author never really followed up with that purchase/ signage part. Anyway, it’s a g
Katya Urraco
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even!!!!

I love Taylor Sullivan!!!! Where has she been my whole life?! I started with the Boy I Hate and three days later I finished reading all her books! I couldn’t put this one down! I loved loved loved it! I truly wish I could begin to explain how much I loved them. Anyway this book is amazing the love story is so cute and it’s just one of those books that helps you believe in love again! Haha am I exaggerating? I can’t wait to read more of her books I recommend all of them be careful
Lady
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Me
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.9

Drama drama drama

Katie is a tangle of insecurities that Jake has to unravel. Katie goes through her days second guessing not just her feelings, her actions, her decisions, her past and future, but every one else’s. It’s nonstop drama to the end with no one clear climax that defines the conflict between Katie and Jake. Jake sees Katie as the strongest woman he’s ever known. I respectfully disagree.
Ashley Monette
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another Amazon Prime win! I literally devoured this book in less than 24 hours. I don't know what it was but I was sucked into his book from the beginning and didn't want to put it down. I also cried multiple time throughout this book. I really could feel for Katie and what she was going through. I don't know why I enjoy this type of book so much. I have been flying through the last couple of books I've read and I am so happy. These Amazon Prime books have just been doing it for me.
Alex
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A wee bit predictable

Not the worst book I've ever read, but really not something to write home about. The storyline was predictable, there was not enough history told (even though the whole book centred around their history) and very little character development. Not a bad read, but not a great one either.
Dazzling  Diamond
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
"There are so many emotions wrapped up in that single day. Hundreds of hours have gone into meticulously planning each detail. Months—sometimes years—yet when it comes down to it, there are no guarantees. Life doesn’t always turn out the way you plan, and that’s where we step in."

Single day as in wedding day 💐
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Sounds of Secrets
  • The Complete Memories Series (Memories, #1, 1.5, 2)
  • Underwater (Serendipity, #1)
  • The Animal Under the Fur
  • Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #4)
  • Broken Dreams
  • Married in Vegas: In His Arms
  • Penny in London
  • Six Years Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Just Pretending (The Chicago Falcons, #3)
  • Seth and Priscilla (The Cowboy and the Angel, #2)
  • Menjalani Pernikahan [To Make a Marriage]
  • Ravage (Civil Corruption Book 4)
  • Take What You Want
  • Protector
  • Weekend Wedding Deception (Dangerous Millionaires)
  • ReCAP (Something More, #1.5)
  • The Kouvaris Marriage

Suspicious Hearts (2 books)
  • Waiting for Tuesday  (Suspicious Hearts, #2)
“Sometimes life didn’t send you a road map. Sometimes pieces to a puzzle went missing, and you had to patch it together with scraps of paper and tape. And sometimes… Sometimes you have to jump, and trust that someone will be there to catch you.” 0 likes