Start by marking “The Apocalypse Renegades (The Undead World #5)” as Want to Read:
The Apocalypse Renegades (The Undead World #5)

The Apocalypse Renegades

(The Undead World #5)

Nothing is simple anymore in the new undead world. Crossing a road, making tea, meeting new people, all can turn deadly in a twitch of an eye.
For the Renegades who are unarmed and hounded over half the state by ruthless bounty hunters, there’s only one thing that they can say is simple: dying. Surrounded by enemies and without help from the imprisoned Captain Grey, they f
Published May 25th 2015

Start your review of The Apocalypse Renegades (The Undead World #5)
Kevin
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
JILLY-EFFIN-BEAN........this ain't genre fiction.

Peter Meredith has managed to create a character and a world as interesting as any worldbuilder working today. Jellybean transcends the character development that is found in the works of the overwhelming majority of genre fiction writers. Believe me, I have devoured the zombie-based catalog that is out there. There are many outstanding authors working in the field, but there is NOTHING like Jilly. I haven't felt this kind of "need" for a characte
Dani Longamore
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: postapocalypse
Ok - first off, I'm really bad at reviews. If I was GOOD at them, I'd do it all the time, right? That being said - since this is #5, it's apparent that I've read the others.

DUDE.

These books. I mean - the characters. You love them, and you hate them, and you love hating them. Then there are the ones that will *always* stick with you. Like Jilly Bean. Jilly Bean - I can't say too much, I don't want to give anything away. But man, I want to wrap her up in bubble wrap - and let her plan ALL my wars.
Darren  Widdowson
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant Zombie Series

Never really read any zombie genre books until read World War Z, came across this series and Peter Meredith has hooked me. Love the stories, characters and the way certain characters have developed and sadly how some favourite ones have been killed off. Definitely recommend the series on e-book or audio book.
kylene
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting

I don't know if 'enchanting' is the correct phrase, but I couldn't put it down. This series is amazing and I am hooked! I absolutely love these books and the author writes the characters so well, you can't help but love them (or hate them.) Excellent!!
Elizabeth
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kieran Pollard
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worth reading for Jillybean

Still fighting the River King but Meredith manages to keep it interesting.

Jillybean's story is the best part of the book and I'm hungry to find out what happens to her.

Bit of character development for Neil and Sadie. I'd like to see Neil grow more.

The zombies are no longer terrifying. The characters can walk amongst them now. The action is great but without Jillybean there'd be nothing special in the story.

Will read the next installment to see what she gets up to nex
Tonya
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

This is an outstanding read. The characters are well rounded and some are very likable...almost loveable even. Others you will find not so. If you haven't started reading this series yet, you should start with book one or you will be lost. It's a great read and I can't put the series down!
J.L. Perrigo
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hail to the king

Meredith brings another chapter to close in the undead world saga. This writer manages to keep you on the edge as these characters survive the harsh new world only by the skin of their teeth. A must read series for any zombie apocalypse book lover.

J.l. Perrigo author of Elysian fields
Jason Reed
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kathy Ann'tie
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ummmmmmm, not sure what to say! JillyBean and Ipes! I don't think I was ready for that one Peter, and I have to admit I am not sure that I am happy with it either. So, don't get me wrong, I am LOVING this series and finding it hard to put down or go back to any of the other books I am reading. it's just, JillyBean!!!!!!! ...more
Megan Murphy
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another one bites the dust

I'm really enjoying this series but I found this book harder to get through and I know with a series as long as this that its bound to happen I enjoyed watching the characters grow and adapt to there environment !!!
Connie Nealy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues

Book 5 continues the story of Jillybean and her friends as they attempt to survive in the Zombie apocalypse. It is a wild ride that grabs you on page 1 and does not let you go until the very end. It is a must read!
Sandra Oldfather
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
“Renegades” is a too long saga of a bunch of inept people taking turns getting captured by the same old bad guys and then rescuing each other—over and over and over.... I may give book #6 a try, but probably not; the action has gotten too tedious.
Tanisha
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm really loving

I ABSOLUTELY loved everything about this book and its predecessors. Looking forward to the next one. Peter Meredith should really consider turning his books into movies. I'd see EVERY ONE OF THEM!!! One of the best authors in the universe.
Wanda Pettigrew
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaw dropping

Epic story, I didn't want it to end. Another book in the series over, yet a broader horizon is waiting. Time to jump in even deeper for more
Brian K. Battles
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The journey continues

The zombies are everywhere. The bad guys have all the cards. The good guys are low on ammo, food, and gas. But they have Jillybean.
Nikki Johnson-tyner
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Adventure

The story of Jillybean continues. Watching the splintering of her mind is engrossing ! And the journey continues onward. Can't wait
Brandy
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Apocalypse series EVER!!!
Veronik Durocher
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

So far, so good! I just can't put back that series! Fast action packed, no "temps mort", you're just dying to know what's next!
Melody Steenbergh
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG just a great book. When Neil throws himself into the hoard to save the others I couldn't help but cry. ...more
Mike Keller
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jillybean continues to amaze!

Terrific storyline, amazing characters, and, of course Jilliebean and Ipes! Great read. I love it. It's Jilliebean to the rescue again and again. I can't wait to see what she'll do next.
Shannon
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Poor Jillybean! I almost don't want to keep reading. That poor little girl. I need to keep following her story. ...more
Brian
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another good read. This series can be mind blowing at times, and at other times it pisses me off. Plus, it is starting to become too repetitive. I mean, how UNLUCKY and LUCKY can someone be? It seems that they just keep finding a way to get themselves in trouble, and than, they all rely on Jillybean, who is only 7 years old, to get them out of trouble. (In essence, using her!).

(view spoiler)
Amy Gregory
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I hope this isn't the end.....

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The anticipation I experienced waiting for this book release was well worth it. In this book we get to see the emotional breakdown of our beloved characters we have come to love. Jillybean has the biggest fight of them all and it's an internal battle that she cannot win. The battle for survival is bigger than ever and even though the group sometimes feels that all hope is lost somehow they persevere. The ending really left me
Martha
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Weakest in the series but I do love these characters

I've enjoyed this series a lot but the last portion of the book jumped the shark for me. A truly strange ending to a series I feel very invested in, up to this point. My curiosity about the characters I've come to love is enough to pick up the next book in the series, but there's some explaining that needs to be done and quickly.
Moriah Trostler
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not sure where this is going.

I was pretty captivated with this book and finished it quickly but am not sure I will be able to make it through the next part of the series. It seems like the author was planning to end the series but then changed his mind. I plan to give the next part a try but I feel if something doesn't change then the plot will have gotten too thin with too much repetition to be worth continuing.
Jeanette
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jillybean....

Such a great series...I've been reading since the first book & they keep getting better...seems we are rid of the river king but have run into a , well, nut...anxious to see how they get out of this...poor Jillybean... what a devious well thought out character. Keep writing Mr. Meredith, I for one will be reading...
Les
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Just not as good as the rest. Whole book just got kind of nuts and not liking where the character development is going..at all. Oh, and I thought getting bit was a death sentence....guess not (trying not to give any spoilers here) Also, book just got to wordy at the least appropriate times. I'm being generous with 3 stars. ...more
Sinovia
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I've been waiting for this book. It did not disappoint. The 2 main characters had darker elements of their personalities appear in this book. I felt the changes were unexpected but,very intriguing...can't wait for more.

• Dead Eye Hunt (Dead Eye Hunt #1)
  • Storm Cloud (Storm's Fury #5)
  • Wind Shear (Storm's Fury #2)
  • The Undead Twenty Four: Equilibrium
  • Dark Survival (Days of Darkness #2)
  • Against All Odds (Storm's Fury #6)
  • The Camping Shop: An Undead Short Story (The Undead)
  • The Undead Twenty Three: The Fort
  • The Horns of Avalon (Purge of Babylon, #8)
  • Mist City (After The Purge: AKA John Smith #1)
  • Dark Recollections (Adrian's Undead Diary #1)
  • This Shattered Land  (Surviving the Dead, #2)
  • Devil's Haircut (Road To Babylon, #4)
  • The End of Everything: Book 3
  • Wasteland (Surviving The Evacuation #2)
  • Dead Haven (Jack Zombie #1)
  • Dark Days (Days of Darkness #1)
  • Catharsis (Green Fields #8)
Peter Meredith is the multi-genre author of an author of 35 novels in a variety of genres: Horror, zombies, post-apocalypse and Fantasy. Some of his creative work includes The Trilogy of Void, The Hidden Lands series, The Sacrificial Daughter, A Perfect America, Sprite and The Apocalypse Undead World.
Having tried his hand in real estate, as an emergency room nurse, and a CEO of a national lighting

The Undead World (10 books)
  • The Apocalypse (The Undead World #1)
  • The Apocalypse Survivors (The Undead World #2)
  • The Apocalypse Outcasts (The Undead World #3)
  • The Apocalypse Fugitives (The Undead World #4)
  • The Apocalypse Exile (The Undead World #6)
  • The Apocalypse War (The Undead World #7)
  • The Apocalypse Executioner (The Undead World #8)
  • The Apocalypse Revenge (The Undead World, #9)
  • The Apocalypse Sacrifice (The Undead World #10)

News & Interviews