Start by marking “Lie to You (Forbidden #2)” as Want to Read:
Lie to You (Forbidden #2)

Lie to You

(Forbidden #2)

My mystery man is no longer such a mystery. He's still commanding and headstrong, playing my body and mind like an instrument, but I'm finding there are layers to him I never could have dreamed. What I've learned since that fateful night in his apartment has me reeling. Now, though,
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 187 pages
Published July 7th 2015 by J.C. Valentine

To ask other readers questions about Lie to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lie to You

Rag
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars!

Warning: If you haven't read book one and your planing on reading this series you might not want to read this review. Contains Spoilers!
But if you have read book one, Please enjoy ;)

photo image_zpswebvnk3c.jpg

Seems like Ms.Valentine is trying to give me another heart attack. Yes my dear friends there's another cliffhanger, and I'm dying to know what happens.

So here's Joe torn about what she just witnessed and find out. She can't believe what the fuck just happened.

Ever since I found out I was sleeping with
J.C. Valentine
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bing
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it

The first book, Dance for Me, had one of the most surprising and shocking twist I've ever read. Lie To Me is a continuation after that huge cliffy at the end.

If Joe thought dating her teacher was the hardest thing she could have ever done, then she just realized it was a walk in the park compared to what she was facing now.

Joe met a guy. Relaxed, easygoing, charming, laid back, had a quiet self-confidence that made him incredibly attractive. His personality suggested being dependable and trustwo
Jessica Alcazar
Do I have to tell you this story doesn't end here? That there's another MOTHER of a cliffhanger? Do I have to mention the insanity of the cliffhanger? Not if you read the story that started this roller-coaster, Dance for Me. If you haven't read it.... STOP. Go read it. Then come back and be prepared to .. "wait, what?", A LOT!

In true and beautiful J.C. Valentine form, this story continues to unfold on one path, then takes a sharp left, comes to a stop sign and runs right thru it ... And if y
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
That ending....I kinda knew that was coming. Should have done something else there, J.C. Valentine.
Rate: 2.5/3 *I adore Rebel* stars.
Julie
5 HELL YES STARS!

Well just when you think it couldn't possibly get hotter, think again.
I'm not sure what's real, or who to trust. You J. C. Valentine are
somebody that I really need to follow! And read more of your books!
Brilliant trilogy here. Another amazing cliffy! I don't know what to do with that one I'm so pissed. In this one things start to change. They go to events... seen in public is something that would not have happened before. She meets his family, he shows public display of affec
Kim Sowards
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book by JC Valentine has to be her greatest work yet. This book is sexy and hot and full of surprise that I was not expecting to happen. You have a college student who is a stripper dancing to pay her way for school. There is a mystery man who meets her at the club that is a mystery but is demanding and brings to the full peak every time their together. But things are not what they seems and things unravel and surprise after surprise comes. I soaked this up in one setting and as always I was ...more
Linda
Okay so I am starting with two warnings:
# 1. If you have not read " Dance with Me" , do so now and skip this review till done with the first book!
#2. Be prepared for another cliff hanger!

BE ADVISED SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT BELOW

We left off at the end of "Dance with Me" , with Jo discovering that she has been dating twin brothers. Ransom and Rebel and unaware of it; sure hindsight is twenty/ twenty but in the moment she just through that Ransom was complex and moody, never thinking that the
Paula  Phillips
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
First off, what's awesome about this book was that it was released on my birthday :) second if you love teacher/student relationships - then Lie to You is the book for you. The Forbidden Trilogy by JC Valentine goes over and above your usual teacher/student relationship though as in Book #1 we met Josephine aka Joe who is a stripper and an exotic dancer , she is also studying Art History at University. One of her clients at work was known as Mr. Scott , her Professor of Art History is also know ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
LIE TO YOU by J.C. Valentine is book Two in the Forbidden series. This continues the story of Josephine “Joe", Rebel and Ransom. You really do have to read the previous book to completely understand this one.
This picks up with Jo finding out that she wasn't just with Ransom but with his twin brother Rebel. Now she is dealing with what happened and the feelings she has. Ransom wants Joe but so does his brother Rebel.
This book counties their story but it also sets us up for the next installment
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Lie to You
Author: J.C. Valentine
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Series or Standalone: Trilogy/Series (Forbidden Trilogy #2)
Rating: 5 Stars

Review

description

First things first, Lie to You is the second book in the Forbidden Trilogy, which means you can’t move forward with this one until you’ve gone back and read the first book, Dance for Me.

Got that out of the way? Alright then. On with the review. I’m gonna do my best to leave it spoiler free so that you all can experience the enjoymen
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Josephine makes a choice, but was it the right one?

When last we left Josephine, she just found out, she had been sleeping with twin brothers. Alike in looks, but very different in personality. Which is why she didn’t notice it wasn’t the same man she was with, really come one who would.

Josephine battled in the first book in her mind trying to rationalize her mystery man’s mood swings. Boy did she find out the answers to those questions in a major way. Ransom and Rebel do not have a bond, as you
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read Dance For Me, go read that before you read this review.
If you follow my reviews, you know I don't 5 star often. I was so engrossed in this story that any flaws that might be present went unnoticed because I was transported so far into Joe's life. I felt like I was living it right along with her. I did not want this story to end and am annoyed that I have to wait for the conclusion. Annoyed in the best possible way. Good things come to those who wait, right? Here's my review:
Y
Shawna
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received an ARC of this book in return for my honest review and that is just what you will get..

OMG! Seriously! J.C. Valentine has out done herself. She has become one of my all time favorite authors and with every single book I read I fall more in love with her work and admire her mind more and more. This book has lived up to my high expectations for her. AMAZING! Really AMAZING!

This books is the second in the series. The first book is a MUST READ BEFORE YOU START THIS ONE! Honestly it would
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I hate cliffhangers so much! But if I am going to read the second or third installment of a book, then it better be damn good. And this one is sooooooo worth the pain of waiting!

The first book, Dance for Me!, (do read it first!) is so flipping hot and I was impatiently waiting for the second release. So when I was offered an ARC, I dove into it right away. Seriously, this installment is just as smoking hot as the first.

I will forgo the storyline info as you can find that in many other reviews an
Mary Mooney
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh hell, it can't end that way, I need more now. After book 1 ended with Joe finding out that there were two men, Ransom and Rebel, now she has to decide which one she wants to be with. They are as different as night and day except they are identical twins. But the truth is can she trust either one of them? Will she listen to her mind and heart and not just her body? I loved book 1 but book 2 is fantastic. I am not sure what will happen next but I can't wait to find out. If you haven't read anyt ...more
Hooked On Books
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This is the 2nd book in the trilogy and they must be read in order.

Do not read any further if you haven't read bk1. How on earth is Joe going to deal with 2 identical men, both hot, but very different and to top it all her chemistry and lust for both of them is explosive. Now she has to choose ...but how ?

This book is so hot and the twist is amazing, not one but two identical hot men, can wait to see how it all pans out. I am loving every moment of this trilogy and seriously can't get e
Trisha
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for my honest opinion. This is where Josephine has to decide if she wants to be with Ransom or Rebel. She has to decide which one is best for her.

Ransom is the teacher who is more sensitive, while Rebel is a business man and does not take into account her feelings. After a dinner with their parents she sees more of how each one is different than she thought.

Her friend Annie is worried about Josephine. She wants her to open up to her about professor Scott and what is really go
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
What a story! Two absolutely hot and sexy Alpha males and one girl with a BIG decision to make!

Oh Rebel.... this man is so infuriating and so unbelievable hot...
Ramson... so sweet and caring but with a closed mind...
Josephine needs to choose between two brothers, twin brothers, and is not easy at all!
After some low blows, lies, and disappointment from everywhere, Josephine still hopes and decides who she wants to love, who her heart pumps for. And in the end she's crushed... AGAIN! I cant wait f
Lindsay Thompson-Sublett
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
JC Valentine takes you through the Josephine's struggles where her eyes are opening to things she never thought possible. I don't want to say too much because you need to read this without anything given away. Great read but YOU MUST READ Dance for Me first.
Aleera
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 - the end made me roll my eyes...
Renee
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book to from the publisher/author to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Lie To You is the second book in the Forbidden Series by J.C. Valentine. You need to read Dance for Me before reading this book or you going to be missing out on some very important parts of the story.

I thought he was the one. I thought we were headed someplace great. I didn't know anything. My mystery man is no longer such a mystery. He is still commanding and headstrong, playing my body and min
April Symes
The first book, Dance for Me is intense, angsty, and full of twists. The book ended on a cliffhanger and book 2 Lie for Me picks up where book 1 left off. What Joe finds out in book 2 leaves her devastated and questioning everything that ever occurred between her and Ransom. Making her wonder if what they had was ever true, real…or if this was all some sort of mind games played on her by “them”. Joe feels depressed and humiliated. She has many unanswered questions and they just keep popping into ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure where to start with this review. I'm a massive fan of this author but this story made me so so angry. One thing I hate reading is love triangles and overbearing men who don't know how to treat women. This dude, R, he pissed me off continuously like no other character ever has before and Josephine annoys me for the pure fact That she's going through the situation with her eyes shut. Does she even have a brain? Dignity? Self-respect?

There were a few inconsistencies in the story and s
Saunders
book 2 was relatively predictable. Onto book 3
Malisa (RomanceBookAddict)
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review*

WARNING DO NOT READ ANYMORE IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK!!!
I enjoyed the continuation of this story. If you haven't read the first book Dance for Me, you need to before reading this review.

This book picks right up where the first one left off. Joe has to decide between Ransom and Rebel. Just my opinion I would choose neither, talk about future awkward family dinners. And not to mention getting them mixed up.

Well now that you
FMR Book Grind
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
TATIA'S REVIEW
5 STARS

I knew this book would be a roller coaster ride, but holy cow! Picking up where we left off in Dance for Me, Josephine has a choice to make. How do you choose between two guys who are so different yet the same in so many ways?
I knew I would love this book. I devoured the pages like my life depended on it. I've been anxiously awaiting this one so I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back. J.C. Valentine has created a series that I can't get enough of. Whether it's Josephine and
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
~*~ Obsessed by books copy given in exchange for an honest review ~*~

'"Do you know what happens to a bird if you hold on to tight"I ask. "You crush it's wings."'

Continuing from where book one left us with our jaws hanging open catching flies, you really need to read this series in order. Joe three days later is still reeling after the eye opening events of book one. A college student her life is full of secrets. No one knows she pays her way by working as a stripper, no one knows she has been sl
Melissa Mendoza
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“Goosebumps spread down my arms as he walks away and my body vibrates as I take my seat and scoot as far under the table as it will allow. The lights go down and on stage, a spotlight shines on Rebel as he addresses the audience.”

5 stars again!! This series is insane, just when you kind of think you know which way it’s going, it takes a complete left turn!! Such a fun and sexy series.

I thought he was the one. I thought we were headed someplace grea
Melanie
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where Dance for Me left off. We were totally shocked to find out that Josephine had been seeing twin brothers and had no idea that there were two of them. Josephine is shocked and does not know how to react nor what she wants to do about being in a relationship with either Ransom or Rebel.

Josephine has no one else but her best friend, Annie, because both of her parents have passed on. When she is forced by Annie’s boyfriend to come clean with a truth that she has been hiding
  • Six (Men by Numbers, #2)
  • New York Nights: A Collection of Steamy, Alpha-Male Romances
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Player
  • Siren (Siren, #1)
  • Heart and Sole (Kingston Family, #1)
  • The Espionage Effect
  • Dark Kiss
  • Open Road (Padre Knights MC, #2)
  • Taunt Me (Rough Love, #2)
  • Take Me with You
  • The Devil's Gate (The Devil's Gate Trilogy, #1)
  • Single, Volume 2 (Single, #2)
  • Warped (Manipulaion Trilogy, Corrupted, #2)
  • A Taste of Summer (Beyond the Mathews Family, #1)
  • Indulging in Irelyn (Indulging, #1)
  • Carry Your Heart (Carry Your Heart, #1)
  • Cruel Boundaries (Boundaries, #1.5)
J.C. Valentine is the USA Today and International bestselling author of the Night Calls and Wayward Fighters Series and the Forbidden Trilogy. Her vivid imagination and love of words and romance had her penning her own romance stories from an early age, which, despite being poorly edited and written longhand, she forced friends and family members to read. No, she isn't sorry.

J.C. lives in the Nort

Forbidden (4 books)
  • Dance for Me (Forbidden, #1)
  • Fall for Him (Forbidden, #3)
  • Forbidden Valentine (Forbidden #4)
“aren’t you supposed to be super close? I thought twins were supposed to be inseparable.” “Only if they’re conjoined,” he remarks.” 0 likes