Start by marking “Taking the Ice (Ice #3)” as Want to Read:
Taking the Ice (Ice #3)

Taking the Ice (Ice #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Olympic rings and an engagement ring.

Courtney Carlton is ready for both.

She and her boyfriend Josh have skated together and dated for four years, and they’ve reached a critical point in their partnership both on and off the ice. With the Winter Games coming up and their career nearing an end, they are fighting to win a spot on the Olympic team, something Courtney has dream
ebook
Published August 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Taking the Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking the Ice

Cassandra
"You have a connection no other team has. Focus on each other, and you'll make it happen."

This was exactly what I wanted after reading Half Lost; cute, fluffy, romantic, and with a cavity-inducing HEA.

I loved being tossed back into the world of Courtney and Josh and pair figure skating. It made me want to go find reruns from the last Winter Olympics and watch this amazing sport in action. I've always loved figure skating, so add in a cute romance, and I'm in love.

I've enjoyed reading Josh and
Cristina Valencia
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Taking the Ice was a lovely conclusion to an adorable series. This book takes place several years down the road and we get to see what happens with Courtney's Olympic dream and where her relationship and partnership with Josh are at, four years later. It was a pretty quick read, no angst whatsoever (except for competition jitters). Speaking of competition, I am always so amazed at the way the author captures that feeling right before they take the ice and while they're doing their programs. I fe ...more
Michelle
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

My ThoughtsTaking the Ice is the third and final book in the New Adult Ice Series. The Ice series is a contemporary romance series centering around ice skating pairs. You should read the first book, Crossing the Ice, and the second Losing the Ice, before reading Taking the Ice as they all feature the same couple. Courtney and Josh. Crossing the Ice was one of my favorite books of 2014 so I feel confidant recommending
MB
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

What a beautiful ending to such a great series. This was by far my favorite one in the series. I simply love Josh and Courtney. They have matured so much and what they have is so special. It's always so amazing watching people perform together in real life when they have amazing chemistry. I can only imagine how amazing they are together.
Darlene
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book. I can't even. What a wonderfully delightful wrap-up to Courtney and Josh's adventure together.

The Ice series, by Jennifer Comeaux, has been one of my favorites, and I'd recommend reading them in order. In addition. Ms. Comeaux wrote an additional series (The Edge) that focuses on the younger years of Courtney's coach Em, but you can always go back and read those after if you've already started these books (that's what I did).

We meet Courtney and Josh in December, almost 3 years after
Kathleen
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Taking The Ice, the third and final book in the Ice series, the story featuring the ice skating pair of Courtney and Josh continues with more angst, drama, romance, and exhilarating ice skating.

Author Jennifer Comeaux once again calls upon her passion for competitive ice skating to weave an emotionally dramatic tale of friendship, love, and competitive dreams that will steal your breath away. If you are a fan of ice skating and all the drama that goes on behind the scenes, then this new serie
Chanpreet
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I've been looking forward to the conclusion of this series for some time. Courtney and Josh have been through so much over the years they've been skating together. They've face both personal and professional challenges and as their career comes to a close, they've got one last shot an Olympic medal but they've got Nationals to clear before they get there.

I really liked seeing how things wrapped up for Courtney and Josh both personally and professionally. I loved the details shared abou
Lynn
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Comeaux writes romances that are of the sweet variety. They are hearts, flowers and love notes kinds of stories. Her books all center around the world of Ice Skating. I enjoy books about female athletes and she writes the skating world masterfully. This is the final part of Courtney's story. It is very low angst over all (which fit what I was in the mood for but angst-lovers beware). The three novella series for Courtney kind of remind me of serials in the pacing and issues in each. Sol ...more
Becca
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: can-t-wait, arc
Check out this review and more on our blog! http://lostinlit.com

There will be no spoilers for Taking the Ice in this review but it will have spoilers for the first two books in the Ice series!

The Ice Series has become an absolute favorite of mine! Ever since I read the first novel in this series Crossing the Ice I fell in love with Courtney and Josh's story and couldn't wait to see where Jennifer Comeaux took this fun and adorable couple next!

Taking the Ice is a novella and is the final book in
Marni Gallagher
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Comeaux's "The Ice" young adult romance novels will eat up this final novel in the trilogy since we get to bask in Josh and Courtney's wildly romantic relationship, seeing them unite as a true team both on and off the ice. It was satisfying to have a full book full hugs and kisses, and anticipation of seeing Josh fulfill Courtney's hopes of moving their relationship to the next level. This couple has faced their challenges, and readers get to "awww" their way through Josh being the stron ...more
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Taking the Ice and found it to be a very sweet end to Courtney and Josh's story. These two characters make me smile so much and I had a blast reading about their journey over the past three books. What I really enjoyed about this book is how Courtney and Josh have learned to stick together as a couple. There's a real progression in the series, so it's beautiful to watch them working so well together on and off the ice.

By no means does this book show complete perfection in our ch
Alex
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Taking the Ice

by Jennifer Comeaux (August 17th, 2015)

Quick Summary: It’s go time for Olympic hopefuls Josh and Courtney, as the national paris champions they are almost there... if her nerves, his family and their competition don’t get in the way.

Okay, so I love figure skating. I’m a fan, I follow the season and I obsess over my favorite teams. I LOVE this sport and one of the reasons why I love Jennifer’s books is that she gets it.

But lets go back to the start. Taking the Ice is the third bo
Elizabeth Harmon
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella is the third book in the "Ice" figure skating series, which follows pairs skaters Courtney and Josh. In book one, they fell in love as members of rival pair skating teams, in book two, they endured problems on and off the ice, and now in the trilogy's final book, are on the cusp of an Olympic season and about to become engaged.

Most of the conflict in this book focuses on whether Courtney and Josh will overcome their on-ice issues to make the U.S. Olympic team. While the two still cl
Katie W
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy! I can't imagine dedicating my whole life for years and years to one goal, one impossible dream, yet that's exactly what Josh and Courtney have done. They've trained in ice skating for most of their lives with the dream of making it to the Olympics. This is their last shot to fulfill their dream.

I love the way this author is able to convey the emotions that go along with such an intense sport. I felt like I was right there with them, or more accurately,
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Josh and Courtney started off on this amazing adventure a few years back, neither one thought it would bring them to the Olympics. Both just wanted to enjoy skating together. But as time nears, they may actually have a chance. And It’s a chance that Courtney cannot deny wanting. But she also wants a future with Josh and a marriage. Will she be able to achieve both her dreams? Or will both slip between her fingers before they come to fruition?

I really enjoyed this sweet, quick read. I though
Sharon
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, romance
Courtney and Josh are on the verge of making all of their dreams come true, but will their anxieties be their undoing? As they traverse the stressful territory of the US Nationals, non-skating issues threaten to derail all they have fought so hard to gain. With their future hanging in the balance, will Courtney and Josh be able to rise above and skate the performances of their lives?

Author Jennifer Comeaux again has realistically portrayed the world of figure skating, through the eyes of Courtne
Clever Girl
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adored Taking the Ice! With all the drama, the nail biting anticipation of competition, and the sweet, romantic exchanges between Josh and Courtney, Taking the Ice is the perfect end to the Ice series.

Comeaux is a master at putting her readers right in the midst of Courtney and Josh's relationship and their fight to get to the Olympics. It's not an easy road to the Olympics, there is a meddling mother, an irritating and not nice competitor, falls and spills, and insecurities to contend with bu
Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Another great book in the Ice Series. I was so excited to read this book and follow Courtney & Josh on their journey to skate at the Olympics. That has been both of their dreams for years and even more so as they have become a couple on and off the ice. These stories do really need to be read in order but they are super easy and quick reads. I have read both of Jennifer Comeaux figure skating series. I love how they are a nice
Madeline Claire
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Recieved an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

I am completely satisfied with the ending of Courtney and Josh's story. They have grown so much as characters. I loved seeing them grow in their life and love. Super glad for the accomplishments they achieved in the story (I won't say what so I don't spoil). Once again, I loved Courtney's sass and Josh's sweetness. They made the perfect couple.
Surprisingly, I liked Stephanie a lot. She definitely had some major character development.
Josh's mom...
Maritza
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Perfect ending to a great series! I enjoyed books 1 and 2 so much and when I saw this one on the list for Kindle Unlimited, of course I had to read it! Josh and Courtney have been skating together by this time 4 years, and are more in love than ever. They decide to go for the ultimate skate, the Olympics. Although Courtney is weary on whether she can make the team, she realizes how important it is to Josh for them to skate together and this will be the last time they competitively skate before t ...more
Hannah
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An excellent, fulfilling and thrilling conclusion to what has quickly become one of my favourite book series ever. Once again I felt like I was right in the middle of everything as Courtney and Josh try to fulfil their Olympic dreams and I loved how the skating was so effortlessly woven into their love story. I liked that it wasn't a straightforward and easy journey and that they faced very real roadblocks and setbacks just as any pairs team in reality would. It was realistic while still being e ...more
Courtney
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Taking the Ice is the final book in Jennifer Comeaux's Ice series. I've enjoyed all of her books and I'm sad to see this series end. Jennifer has a gift for writing about skating and I can tell she clearly loves it.
Josh and Courtney are the perfect ice skating partners. They love each other and throughout the book, I hoped they would receive their happy ending. They haven't had the easiest life, but have grown into people I want to be friends with. I can completely picture the routines and music
Elaine Cantrell
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the third installment of Ms. Comeaux's Taking the Ice trilogy. You could read just this book if you like, but I'd suggest you start at the beginning with the first book.

I'd describe this book as a sports romance. The sport is figure skating, and the romance is between two skaters, Courtney and Josh. They're fighting for a spot on the Olympic team which has been Courtney's dream for a long time. She's also in hopes that Josh will give her an engagement ring.

In the first two books, Josh an
Elizabeth
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was a great ending for Courtney and Josh. I love the pace of all of Jennifer's books, and this was no exception. Since The Edge series took us back to competitions a decade ago, it was fun to compare to this series, which leads up to the recent Sochi games and all their politicking. My one quibble was that I'd grown tired of Josh's mom from the previous two books, and this was one contained a good bit of continuation of that plot line. Ove
Jess (the cozy reader)
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Big thanks to Jennifer and IFB Tours for an ARC copy for review.

This was a wonderful conclusion to the Ice Series. Jennifer always manages to show her readers the dedication and passion that her characters have for skating, with a little drama, and a passionate love story. Of course, I can't forget the great guidance they get from Emily and Sergei as their coaches.

I love seeing the care and support they show for their students. Courtney and Josh have really come along way, both on and off the i
Danny Jeffery
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the third and final book in the Ice series and I would recommend reading the series in order.

This was again a nice sweet instalment and this story was a really fitting end to Josh and Courtney's journey. I really enjoyed that this instalment took the guys back to competitive skating as I felt this book was a lot more fact paced and I really enjoyed the anticipation of wanting to know how they were going to get off.

All in all a nice enjoyable read.

I was gifted a copy of this bo
MaryAnn
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Ice series was very good and Taking The Ice kept that trend going. I love figure skating and that probably helps when reading these books, but I think they could appeal to anyone.

I enjoyed the various couples and the challenges they faced and felt that Ice #3 was a great way to wrap up the series. Not only was there romance, backstabbing, family drama and excitement, but people like me that enjoy figure skating, got lots of background information on the sport.

I'll be looking forward to Jenni
Julie Ayling
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it

I was given an arc copy for exchange for my honest review
I have to say the story pulled on my heartstrings you have a skating couple you don't only have a skating relationship but also personal. Josh and Courtney have a goal to make it to the Olympics couple skate to skate for the USA team. To read the obstacles and emotions that they go through to get to their goal was amazing you really do connect with the characters feel their struggles their worries their fears and their joy I would definite
Susie Q
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The final book in the Ice Series by Jennifer Comeaux, was a loving conclusion to Josh and Courtney's story. The author did a great job with these characters, making me fall in love with them. Emily Stokes also did a beautiful job narrating. I couldn't have dreamed of a better match for this series. Looking forward to many more books from the both of them.
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, na
Taking the Ice is a wonderful wrap-up for Courtney and Josh. The best parts of this novella are the walks down memory lane. I loved getting to share those early and special moments in the couple's love life and career life. This book was all about their successes and happiest moments, and that just seemed like the right way to send them off.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Love Birds of Regent's Park (The Love Birds, #1)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • The Army Doctor's Christmas Baby (Army Doctor's Baby, #3)
  • The Secret Chord (The Virtuosic Spy #2)
  • Mary's Christmas Knight (Rougemont #1.5)
  • A Slight Miscalculation (Half Moon House #1.6)
  • The Passage, a Dance, & a Little White Dress (Enlighten, #2)
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • Probabilities (Fierce Hearts #4)
  • Grace, Under Pressure: A Girl with Asperger's and Her Marathon Mom
  • Lean on Me
  • Mind Over Bullies: A Mob Forms
  • When Love Matters Most (San Diego K-9 Unit #2)
  • Dream On
  • Snow Dance (Dance ‘n’ Luv #0.5)
  • Ditching the Drive-Thru
  • Hot Mama: 12 Secrets to a Sizzling Hot Marriage
  • Aching for Home
Jennifer Comeaux is a tax accountant by day, writer by night. There aren’t any ice rinks near her home in south Louisiana, but she’s a diehard figure skating fan and loves to write stories of romance set in the world of competitive skating. One of her favorite pastimes is traveling to competitions, where she can experience all the glitz and drama that inspire her writing. When she's not writing, t ...more
More about Jennifer Comeaux

Ice (3 books)
  • Crossing the Ice (Ice #1)
  • Losing the Ice (Ice #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)