Start by marking “Wednesday” as Want to Read:
Wednesday

Wednesday

When everything in life has been against you, who can blame you for not playing nice with others?

My name is Wednesday Valentine. For the last seven years I have been abused and used by a sadistic bastard named Klein. Now he wants me dead- only he doesn't have the balls to kill me himself.

Alvin, who was sent to do Klein's dirty work, decided to save my life (repeatedly) i
Published May 15th 2015 by Booktrope Publishing (first published August 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Wednesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wednesday

Jen O
This novel is an inspired exploration of humanity. It is most certainly one of a kind. Its criticism of our world today mixed with acidic and biting humor is an undeniable stroke of genius. At its core the story is a tale of the battle of innocence and the heart against ignorance and cruelty.

Wednesday is certainly the focus of the narrative, even when not present in the scene, but she shares the pages with some brilliant supporting characters as well. Along with her mentor/savior/father figure,
Paula  Phillips
Sep 17, 2015 Paula Phillips rated it liked it
First off , just in case there are people out there that get offended by books with alot of swearing, then Wednesday isn't the read for you and for those who have been following our saga with Into The River which was banned for it's content of swearing, it got me thinking more about the issue when I was reading Wednesday as why is it that some books can get banned just so simple and others can have quite a lot of dark content and be fine for readers consumption and publishing. In this book we m ...more
Garrett Quaid
Jan 09, 2014 Garrett Quaid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read
Oh, wow. Oh, this book. Oh, Wednesday, how can I explain you?

I read, and finished, this book in one session. I couldn't put it down.
I found it to be pretty sordid, off-color, and profane, but very well-written. It shocked me. It depressed me. It made me cheer.

The language, the violence, the humor. I really don't know any other book I've read that I can compare it to.

What I can say is that the pacing and style really worked, and I mean really worked, building as the story reached the first and t
Wanda Hartzenberg
Sep 08, 2014 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
In the beginning of the book the author confesses that he has never written anything so vulgar...
The language is strong, explicit and all serves to demonstrate the life of this girl. I am usually quite easily put off by vulgarities since it tends to take over the story. Not so with this book. It adds on, it does not distract.
And my, what an original and truly shocking plot line this has.

As for originality this should get a 5*.

Editing, cover and formatting, 4*

Plot, language flow 4.5*

For the fact
Aug 31, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me hooked in the first 20 pages. It is an amazing roller coaster of emotions and action packed adventure. Be ready for the ride of your life as you follow Wednesday through her journey. I guarantee once you pick it up you won't want to put it down. Can't wait to see if more will come!!!!
Patricia
Wednesday's Wild Ride: From Property to Prosperity

The fierce and unrestrained narrative in this book is both fanciful and disturbing. It is a story told in a voice that is unapologetic and unafraid. The subject matter is audacious and surreal. The pacing is lightning-fast and visually simplistic. The characters and dialogue are, in turns, stunningly lurid and sensationally hysterical.

There are two central characters presented by the author, each of them flawed and each on a journey. One is on a
Hillary
Jul 24, 2014 Hillary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, uncategory
What an incredibly fun and unexpectedly moving book. On the surface, it's the tale of two broken but determined people, paired up under unlikely circumstances, escaping the malevolent pursuit of a boss they both crossed. But that description doesn't do it justice. Dennis Sharpe's dark humor shines through against the backdrop of violent action and the undeniable humanity of the characters as they develop and unfold with each conflict and turn of events. Just when you think you "get" either of th ...more
J.C. Hannigan
Feb 17, 2015 J.C. Hannigan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a dirty way of thinking "I would have done it this way" about books, and I honestly didn't have those thoughts about "Wednesday" by Dennis Sharpe. I was able to just read it and escape and feel like everything was handled in the way that it should have been. I couldn't hahe been more happy with the progression of the story, the way the characters grew, the flow from past to present. Everything about this book was just...INCREDIBLE. A masterpiece. 5 stars happily given!
Patrick O'Brien
Sep 01, 2014 Patrick O'Brien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ll start by saying that I love the way this book is structured.

There were more than a few turns of phrase that I enjoyed. The main character’s dialogue is at times priceless.

There were a few transitions that felt a little jarring, but I think they may have been intended to be that way. Other than that, it was a fast paced and enjoyable read.
Nikole Jalbert
May 31, 2015 Nikole Jalbert rated it it was amazing
A great read. Harsh and definitely not a lighthearted story, but the way the book shows some of the darker aspects of human nature is very original. Wonderful characters. I love when even the good guys aren't really all that good.
Carrieannejones
Aug 31, 2014 Carrieannejones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I couldn't put it down. There was no telling what Wednesday was going to do next. I loved her freedom of expression and her will to fight. She was an obnoxious brat at first, but bared her soul and grew into a focused and determined warrior.
Nicole Lyons
May 15, 2015 Nicole Lyons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second time I read Wednesday and it's even better this time. Dennis Sharpe is a fantastic writer and this book hooks you from the first page.
Declarations of a Fangirl
You can find this review and more like it on my blog, Declarations of a Fangirl.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I'm going to be in the minority apparently, but this book was just alright for me. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. It reminded me a lot of the Transporter 3 movie. You've got an older, nice-looking guy wearing a suit and possessing a set of badass ninja skills protecting a younger, bratty girl with no sense of self-preservation, and they a
S. Policar
Aug 26, 2014 S. Policar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I did editing on this work and thus cannot speak of any errors I may have or may not have found***

What can I say about Wednesday Valentine? She's had a messed up life for sure, but on the worst possible day of her short life, she meets Alvin, a man who comes to mean more to her than she'd ever realize.

Wednesday is the perfect ball of emotion and action. From anger to sorrow to joy, the reader is taken on the wildest of roller coaster rides through roughly a month of one nineteen year old girl
Allie Burke
Sep 08, 2014 Allie Burke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brt, arc-read
I've read -- and praised -- Sharpe's work before, but nothing could have prepared me for Wednesday, both the book and the girl. She is sharp and she is witty and she doesn't care. She is a lot like me, actually, except she doesn't hold anything back.

The plot -- seemingly flawless -- makes for an adventure that is impossible to put down. It took me much longer than I ever would have wanted to pick up this book (hello, review-TBR), and a blink of an eye to read it. I'd have papercuts if I didn't
Courtney Keesee
Mar 26, 2015 Courtney Keesee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book brought a few tears to my eyes multiple times. From learning what Wednesday had been through in her short life (she’s only a year older than me), and seeing her grow and mature over time while keeping her fuck you kind of attitude, which was my favorite thing about her. And Alvin, so many things about him brought tears to my eyes.

Alvin, the hit man who grows close to her despite his job, had me wishing I could slap him most of the book. He took crazy chances to save this crazier chick.
Christoph Fischer
"Wednesday" by Dennis Sharpe is a well written and entertaining story about a woman persecuted by a villain who wants her dead.
The story is told very well with flashbacks and change of narratives which adds to the suspense and urgency. From the beginning the story moves at a fast pace and feels quite intimate and intense. Alvin, an interesting character with his own past, tries to protect Wednesday but fails, only to be rescued himself at the last minute.
It seems nowhere is safe for Wednesday.
Andrew Anderson
May 14, 2016 Andrew Anderson rated it did not like it
Wednesday is not a good book for myriad reasons, but like that messy wreck on the highway I just couldn't help myself from looking again and again.

What bugged me the most about this book was not the constant over the top swearing (although that made the book infantile), but the irrationality and unbelievably of every single character in the novel. Aside from the random hired goons that occasionally popped up to get gunned down, there wasn't a single character whose motives are consistent from c
Scarlett Sharpe
Jan 08, 2014 Scarlett Sharpe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how this book turns its nose up at any one genre. You won't want the journey of Wednesday Valentine to end (maybe it won't ...sure would love a sequel or series). The characters dialogue alone will make you love this adventure...but it is great on so many other levels. Watching Wednesday grow from a whiny brat who puts up a front, attempting to forget and escape her rather sorted past, to her emerging slowly but surely into an incredibly strong and independent woman, will take you through ...more
Jessi
Mar 19, 2015 Jessi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a dark tale beautifully told about unconditional love and what that cost sometimes can be. You get to know Wednesday through her own eye's and her struggles. Dennis, has a strong sense of the females perspective better than most male Author's that try to get a females perspectives. Her struggles become yours and you can't help but to become very attached to this character. Another must read.
Jenifer Fontana
Mar 24, 2015 Jenifer Fontana rated it it was amazing
Wow

I didn't like the character Wednesday at first.... but by the end I was loving her! Definitely a must read! Well done Mr. Sharpe!
Dawn
Apr 12, 2016 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Fairly linear plot told from an interesting perspective. Characters seem real with their own demons, with a satisfying end.
Mrmonkeyman
Mrmonkeyman rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2016
Charlie Schluting
Charlie Schluting rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Steve Baker
Steve Baker rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Severus
Severus rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Nikita Smirnov
Nikita Smirnov rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Jenny Mustafa
Jenny Mustafa rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Todd Wetherbee
Todd Wetherbee rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2016
  • Forever ME
  • Stoking the Embers (Embers, #3)
  • Shadow Unit 12 (Shadow Unit, #12)
  • Requiem
  • White Ghost
  • Time Release
  • Broken Pieces
  • Touched By Fire
  • The Foundation (Jack Emery #1)
  • Claudia Must Die
  • Cain
  • The Shadow Cartel (Dominic Grey #4)
  • Black Book
  • Cold Kill (Dan Shepherd, #3)
  • Debt Collector Season One (Debt Collector, #1-9)
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • The Enigma Strain (Harvey Bennett #1)
  • Broken (Nevada James, #1)
Born and raised in the middle of the American Midwest, Dennis Sharpe has been a writer as long as he can remember. His mother has told many people about the fantasy and science fiction stories he'd write on scraps of paper, and staple together as his 'books', before he'd attended his first day of formal education.

He has spent many late nights at diners and dives, drinking coffee with a tattered no
More about Dennis Sharpe...

“I’ve done some soul searching… Looked deep within myself, ya know? I've reached the conclusion that 'Fuck You!' is my spirit animal, and some mother fuckers are going to pay. You can help me or you can walk… but I’m in this. I’m in ‘til the end,” Wednesday said.” 14 likes
“Jehovah’s Witness? Don’t sweat it. I’m going to hell, already booked my ticket. Bright side? I’m pagan. Your hell is my heaven... if for no other reason than you won’t be there.” 10 likes