Start by marking “Two Family Home (Southern Comfort, #4)” as Want to Read:
Two Family Home (Southern Comfort, #4)

Two Family Home

(Southern Comfort #4)

Lindsey Alford moved to Willow Springs, Kentucky, to prove to all doubters (mostly her parents) that she’s all grown up. Something her neighbor Walker Smith never questioned—those short shorts of hers!

Put a cute single girl with an overactive imagination next door to a reclusive hot guy, add in a decadent blue velvet sofa, a locked garage and a nursing home full of
Paperback
Published August 18th 2015 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Two Family Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Family Home

Start your review of Two Family Home (Southern Comfort, #4)
Saly
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is something that I just like about this author's books. Her characters are real, there is no unnecessary drama or conflict. They just make for a good day's reading. Hero is a grump, heroine Miss Sunshine and I liked how they remained who they were yet still gelled together. The romance in her books is definitely slow-burn.
Danielle
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a short sweet romantic read and I just couldn't put it down. Although this book is the fourth book in the series I couldn't have picked a better book to get me involved and interested in this town and characters.

Lindsey moves in next door to her landlord. It takes a while for her to finally meet her her neighbor, Walker. Since Walker is an artist he doesn't have regular hours and Lindsey is determined to meet him one way or another.

This story was actually really cute. I loved that
Linniegayl
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay, this is a tough one to grade. I liked the hero (grumpy loner artist) and heroine (positive, cheerful, nurse), and thought the obstacles to their romance were pretty realistic. HOWEVER, this book has a third POV: no, not a villain, not a child, but a lost puppy! Yes, a puppy who is hiding out under the porch of the duplex the hero and heroine live in. I avoid cozy mysteries featuring animals as the main character, so the puppy POV was a real struggle for me.

So, I'd probably give this a
Judy
Okay, so I am a sucker for a cute puppy. Who isn't? Seeing that adorable face made me stop my browsing and take a look at the book. And the tag line, "Love isn't complex... it's a duplex." I can totally own that it had me taking a look at the blurb. Then when I read it took place in Kentucky, well I have great memories of seeing the leaves change color as well as my first real snowfall. (Florida girl here.) Plus, I once worked in an assisted living facility, so this book just tugged all the ...more
Jane Stewart
Weak 3 stars. Unfinished feelings at the end and not enough story about the couple getting together at the end.

I liked the overall contemporary romance. I like her style of writing. Lindsey moves to town and rents half a house from Walker, a reclusive artist-sculptor. Walker avoids talking to her as much as possible. Lindsey is the Pollyanna type and eventually connects with him. She is the administrative head at a local nursing home.

I did not like the story about Walker’s dad Red who came to
Irene
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it

Two Family Home was a lovely afternoon read.

I enjoyed the storyline and the characters were engaging and entertaining.
Overall Two Family Home was a cute sweet contemporary love story.

Thank you to Netgalley and Kensington Books/Lyrical Shine for the advance copy.
Penny Leidecker
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I actually think this is my favorite book in the Southern Comfort series. I loved Lindsey and Walker’s characters. You have to love Myron and the other residents at Shady Grove Nursing Home, as well. Of course, we can’t forget Booger, the adorable puppy. I really wanted to give this book five stars, but I’m a stickler for details and Mary Beth is Married to Todd Brakefield, not Will, as we learned in Home Sweet Home. Will is Mary Beth and Jake’s stepdad. All in all, this is a wonderful book and ...more
LEANN M
DOWN LOAD NOW!!!

About half way through the book, about every 10 pages or so, would be a blank page that said "Download Now" .....only you couldn't.
I liked the story, a little cheesy. Disappointed in the missing pages. Also the pages were not numbered.
The dog's thought should have been in a different print so you know it was the dog.
Michelle Robinson
This is a very light really sweet read. The characters are pretty one dimensional but I love almost any novel with a dog.

This is going to challenge your thinking and you will probably forget these people quickly but it is a relaxing, easy read.
Glenda Bettin
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought those 2 would never get it together
Amanda
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a sweet little book! Not as good as other Sarah Title's books, but still nice. I liked Walker as a hero but found the emotional journey a little clunky
BookMaven
So Mired In Setting Up Story, Author Forgot to Start Story

Lindsey Alford moved to Kentucky to break out of her nice comfortable life in Arizona, away from her parents' constant meddling. She rents a duplex knowing her landlord lives in the other side of the duplex. Walker Smith, her landlord, just wants to be left alone. He is frustrated by his tenant's constant attempts to meet him. What does this Pollyanna-like girl want with him?

This is a cute story. Cute, cute, cute! But it has an
Book Gannet
This book is nice. It has a nice heroine, a misanthropic hero who is really nice underneath it all and a cutesy puppy that gets up to all sorts of mischief. All three have pov sections in this book – yes, even the dog. Whether that’s something you’ll enjoy or not, only you will know. I’m not always the biggest fan of animal povs in contemporaries. Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs, I’ve lived with dogs my entire life. However, I don’t ever forget that they are dogs and try not to ascribe human ...more
Jeannie
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, arc, kindle, netgalley
I'm a sucker for stories with dogs in them and when I saw the cover of this book, I had to check it out.

Lindsey wanted independence from her protective parents and took up a job offer in Willow Springs, Kentucky. She found the perfect house; a duplex house just next to her landlord, Walker.

What I really enjoyed about this book was the story is being told in 3 POVs; Lindsey, Walker and the cute dog. Can you imagine the dog having his POV? In terms of writing style, I must say that it was really
Romantic Reads and Such
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Once again we have a series that I joined after it started, but luckily it’s one of those times where it doesn’t matter. Two Family Home was a great chance to be introduced to this world and get to know the characters a little better. Lindsey is new to the area so that helps because she’s getting to know everyone just like us.

Walker is great – he’s moody and standoffish and all Heathcliffy. But he’s also a brilliant artist, a good friend to Myron, and has a soft heart under his gruff exterior.
Gaele
I adore Sarah Title’s Southern Comfort series – because it is everything BUT a warm blanket on a rainy afternoon. Cozy, comfortable, sweet and warming.

Lindsey has moved most of the way across the country, away from her parents and all too comfortable (perhaps boring) life. She’s rented half of an owner-occupied duplex, and can’t wait to start her life anew with new experiences. The eternal optimist and actually a person who wants to get involved, she can’t seem to accept that her landlord isn’t
Kortney
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is the first book that i have read in the Southern Comfort series and also of Sarah Title.. To be honest what grabbed my attention when I was looking at new books to read that were coming out I saw this cover. I think Sarah did a great job of developing her characters and giving you enough background on both of them to find out who they were. In addition, she did a great job of setting the scene of a small southern Kentucky town which kept me interested.

However, with all those considered
Kame
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Lindsey wants to get away from her controlling parents and taking a job in a small Kentucky town is the perfect answer. She finds a great place to rent and starts to create her new life and tries to not be curious about her landlord. The sight of him makes her tingly all over; too bad Walker is not the most social person she has ever met.

I really liked how in the genre of romance Lindsey and Walker have untraditional jobs. Lindsey is head nurse at a nursing home, and Walker is an artist.
Psusan
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing

If you are looking for a fun flirty read to overcome a monotonous afternoon, then Two Family Home is the book for you. I was hooked by the first chapter. I don’t think I have ever read anything but children’s books that had a dog’s POV. That really made this story so very entertaining. The author allow us to see into the heads of Walker, moody artist landlord and, Lindsay, Miss Positive too. So take one small homeless dog, a grumpy artist and a woman with a Shirley Temple attitude, add great
Bungluna
Sep 05, 2016 rated it liked it
For once, a story with senior characters that are not annoying or cloyingly cute. The over-optimistic heroine took care of the chipper factor, though. I wish there had been more relationship and less manufactured drama with the sub-plot of the hero's father popping up in town.
Bette Hansen
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the first time in her life, Lindsey Alford is living on her own and no longer being watched over by her overprotective parents. Too bad she has the worst landlord ever. Reclusive artist Walker Smith just wants to be left alone. Not bothered by a crazy neighbor tenant, or her shorts, or her dog, or just her....

With her happy outlook on life and outgoing personality he slowly finds himself being pulled into her world and finds he may never want to leave!

This is a cute, fun read that was
Susan
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
I started off enjoying the story but then it seemed to drag. I did finish it with a bit of skimming. I can understand that some people would enjoy it, but she really lost me when she compared her female lead's upbeat mood to a "happy tampon". What does that mean? I would suggest you check it out for yourself. Who knows you might like it, others did.
Heather
The book caught my attention, I mean who doesn't love dogs and the premises of the story drew me in. The story started off pretty good for me but really started to drag and I found myself struggling to finish the book.
Kate's Corner
Although I read the book I have decided that I won't rate it, it just wouldn't be fair.

This ARC was given to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Vivian
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
3.5-star read

A little bit sad and a lot of sassy, sexy romance. Oops, almost forgot to mention the adorable dog. Another fast-paced, enjoyable read from Ms. Title.
Pam
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 - cute - review to come
Ashley
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cute and funny romance book, perfect for when you're in the mood to read something light and cheery. I love any book that features a dog as one of the main characters, and has a happy ending.
Jennifer Schultheis
Apr 01, 2019
Sandra J. Sleder
Jan 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Runaway Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #5)
  • Mid-Century Modern Murder (Flamingo Realty Mystery #5)
  • There Are No Men (Rom-Com on the Edge #2)
  • The Rancher (Morgan Ranch)
  • Love Muffin and Chai Latte
  • Tempting (Buchanans, #4)
  • Unfinished Business
  • The Maverick Cowboy (Morgan Ranch, #2)
  • The Last Good Cowboy (Morgan Ranch, #3)
  • The Pawful Truth (Cat in the Stacks #11)
  • Her Fake-Fiance Cowboy Protector (Brothers of Miller Ranch, #4)
  • Wanted: Perfect Partner
  • The Last Original Wife
  • The Second Chance Rancher (The Millers of Morgan Valley #1)
  • Impersonation and Investigation (Hearts Grove Cozy Mystery, #6)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay #5)
  • Apples and Alibis (A Down South Cafe Mystery Book Book 4)
Sarah Title has worked as a barista, a secretary, a furniture painter, and once managed a team of giant walking beans. She currently leads a much more normal life as a librarian in West Virginia. Kentucky Home is her first novel.

Southern Comfort (5 books)
  • Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort, #1)
  • Home Sweet Home (Southern Comfort, #2)
  • Snowed In (Southern Comfort, #3)
  • Practice Makes Perfect (Southern Comfort #5)
“What was the point? These people might not even move in and then he would’ve wasted precious facial muscles forming a smile he did not mean.” 0 likes
“Hi, I’m Walker, and I hope to talk to you as little as possible.” 0 likes