Start by marking “Aviophobia (Flight HA1710, #5)” as Want to Read:
Aviophobia (Flight HA1710, #5)

Aviophobia

(Flight HA1710 #5)

Richard Abbott finally overcomes his debilitating fear of flying, boards Flight HA1710 bound for Chicago, and when it crashes discovers that aviophobia isn’t the worst of it...

All his life Richard has been afraid of flying. He has no idea what caused it, but nothing and no one will convince him to get on a plane of any size. His job as a member of a major bank’s IT departm
Published July 17th 2015 by Diversity Novels

To ask other readers questions about Aviophobia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aviophobia

Serena Yates
May 31, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Aviophobia is out today, 17 July 2015. It's a standalone story within the Flight HA1710 series. Each story looks at the effect a dramatic event like a plane crash can have on the people involved.

Aviophobia is about Richard Abbott, who has been afraid of flying ever since he can remember. He works as a member of a major bank’s IT department in London and his job does not require him to fly — until he gets promoted. If he wants to keep his job, he has no choice but to deal with his worst nightmare
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, series, contemporary
This is my favourite of the Flight HA1710 series. Serena Yates can always be counted on for likeable characters and a solid storyline.
Lynnette Hartwig
Excellent book!

A really excellent book. I can't wait for the final installment. There wasn't a lot of sex but the continuation of the story was great.
Love Bytes Reviews
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Review by Tammy

Richard Abbott works for a major bank in England in the IT department. Luckily his job doesn’t require him to fly anywhere because he is absolutely terrified of flying, not scared of flying but gut wrenching terror! That is until the day he gets promoted to Team Leader, of a project he has spent the last three years working on. Now, they expect him to fly to Chicago for a kick-off meeting! He’s stuck between a rock and a hard place on the one hand, the promotion and ever
Lena Grey
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.” ~ Viktor E. Frankl

Richard Abbott, of 'Aviophobia' by Serena Yates, has worked for years to gain superior IT skills. He hates flying and has always done everything he can to avoid it. Unfortunately, his boss gives him a promotion which will require frequent air travel. Will Richard turn down the job and risk losing all his hard earned experience, or does he do what he can to overcome his fear of flying? Te
Suze
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Back close to the actual crash in this book, which I liked. Richard's fear of flying is put to the test by a promotion and a self serving boss and totally vindicated by the crash.
I liked the fact that they were both passengers and their stories paralleled each other. Their confusion, fears, togetherness, nightmares and eventual first flight after were all well done.
I'd have liked to see Richard's boss get his come uppance but that would have been icing on the cake!
Despite not advancing the why
Heather
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't imagine anything worse than a plane crash for someone who is deathly afraid of flying. Watching Richard navigate his fear and then meeting Camden on Flight HA1710 is fun but it's also terrifying because we know that the flight is headed for disaster. I love how the author has balanced fear, tragedy, and love. Aviophobia is a great read and a great installment in the Flight HA1710 series.

Overall series review and rating: 5 Stars
Each story is technically a standalone although everything is
Joanne
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars for me. A very enjoyable story with likable main characters. not much angst. it had the odd phrase that didn't make sense but overall a very sweet and cute read, and a solid addition to the series.
Rita
Zuzi
Mar 16, 2016
Carmen J
Sep 07, 2015
I’m a night owl and start writing when everyone else in my time zone is asleep. I’ve loved reading all my life and spent most of my childhood with my nose buried in a book. Although I always wanted to be a writer, financial independence came first. Twenty-some years and a successful business career later I took some online writing classes and never looked back.

Living and working in eight countries

Flight HA1710 (6 books)
  • Retrograde (Flight HA1710 #1)
  • Velocity (Flight HA1710 #2)
  • Flashbulb (Flight HA1710 #3)
  • Fallout (Flight HA1710, #4)
  • Fracture (Flight HA1710, #6)