Start by marking “Dear Diary (The Exchange Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dear Diary (The Exchange Series, #1)

Dear Diary

(The Exchange #1)

Born and bred in the UK, Holly is getting the chance of a lifetime—six weeks abroad. The Kings, a host family in the US, have invited her to stay with them and get a chance to experience life as an American. When she discovers that the King family includes two teenage boys, will she be glad she came or ready to hightail it back across the pond?
Published May 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Dear Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Diary

Tori Tee
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A delightful little short story following Holly and her life-changing trip abroad, Dear Diary was the perfect start to what is looking to be a very promising series.

An easy read, made even better by Feeney's laid back style of writing, you are easily hooked in and, if you're anything like me, you'll be reading this book in one sitting. I found myself drawn to Holly's story, following her diary with the same enthusiasm as I would my own if I picked it up in a few years time. Well paced, with a go
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was exactly what I needed. I had just finished a full length novel and wasn't sure what to start next. This is the ideal palate cleanser. It's short (a one sitting read) but that didn't stop me being invested in and caring about the characters. I'm tempted to dive straight into the next novella but I think I'll save it for that inevitable time I'm struggling to choose my next read. This was my first dealing with M.B. Feeney's writing. I found it very readable. I shall look forward to readin ...more
Lady Living  In Bookland
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was one I had been desperate to get stuck into and in this short novella story we meet Holly at the beginning of her adventures - an exchange programme for six weeks to America.

Meeting the King brothers would be a life altering moment. Tyler - the brother who is "always brash and full or sheer exuberance" - popular and attractive on the exterior only!

Aiden the same grade as Holly at college/school. The clever one who invested heavily in his studies. He was funny and smart and the pai
Charlotte confrey
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i was hooked on this book from the start, the first couple of entries had me.
It brought me right back to my teenage self, trying to pour my hormonal emotions into my little pad locked book.

I immediately connected to Holly,she's such a likeable girl down to earth and free spirited. When Tyler king makes an appearance i was even more interested, gorgeous, Big and "brawny". With the later addition of Aiden, Tyler's younger, geekier but just as hot brother i was eager to find out how it all panned o
Rebecca Austin
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Holly is 17 years old and is headed from her home in the UK to go live in the US for 6 weeks as part of an exchange.

But when she gets there she discovers that the King family has two very handsome sons, one in college, Tyler, and one in grade 12, Aiden, with her. The two boys are extremely different and will she find herself attracted to one or the other?

I really enjoyed this story.

I really liked Holly and everything that she went through as a stranger in a new country and trying to fit in the b
Louise McKie (Clare & Lou's Mad About Books)
*I was gifted a copy in exchange for a honest review*

Dear Diary is a story of British girl Holly who gets a chance to go and live in the USA for 6 weeks with the King family. A chance of a lifetime which has the potential to change her life forever......

When she discovers the Kings have two teenage boys she realises this experience will be more different to what she thought.

Finding herself with some difficult decisions Holly has to make the choice...

This book is a short one but it has a lovely s
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dear Diary is a short, sweet story. British girl Holly is getting the chance of a lifetime to spend 6 weeks in the US. Her host family is awesome, plus they have two hot sons her age. The problem is that she feels connections to both. Who will she choose?

Once again, M.B. Feeney writes a great story line that flows smoothly. In fact, I almost cried because I NEEDED more so badly. I LOVED every minute of it. The characters are very easy to love. Even though it is about teenagers, I recommend to al
Stacey
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This short story is about Holly, a British exchange student who goes to live with Tyler and his family in the States for six weeks. I like the format of it being diary entries, taking me back to my teenage years!

The majority of the story was predictable - girls meets guy (s!), girl is attracted to guys, girl becomes confused. But, it flowed really well and had me wanting to keep reading. The ending I didn't quite predict though!

The relationship between all of the characters was believable and
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*ARC received in exchange for honest review.*

I loved this super short novella with a passion. It was beautiful, fluffy, upbeat and emotional.

Holly’s a British gal doing a six week program in the U.S. for life experience, what she didn’t expect was the two brothers she was staying with. They’re both polar opposites of each other and hate each other with a vengeance. What she didn’t anticipate was going home a different girl.

I enjoyed where this story wen and with how it ended.

It’s a quirky shor
J.A. Heron
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in just under two hours. It's short, sweet and well written.
MB Feeney is a fantastic short story writer.
This is a great read; it's a little bit saucy, but definitely heartwarming.
A young ladies life is turned upside down when she visits America, that's all I'm going to say about this book. I don't give away spoilers.
If you are looking for a quick YA read, then look no further and 1-click today.
Great job Mich, I look forward to reading more from you.
Lindsey Kramer
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought "Dear Diary" by M.B. Feeney was an amazing story. Having been an exchange-student myself from Iowa to Germany, I loved this book. It brought back all of my wonderful memories with my host-families. I thought this book was incredibly sweet and that Holly and the King family were not only likable characters, but also relatable. I was so sucked into this book that I couldn't put it down. This is the first book in a series and now I want to read more!
Sydney Logan
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
Dear Diary is the story of Holly, a British exchange student who comes to the US and finds herself torn between two brothers (who just happen to be members of her host family).

I enjoy M.B. Feeney's writing style and loved that the entire story was told through Holly's diary. This book is geared toward upper YA/NA readers and is a short, easy read. Definitely a coming of age story that teaches some important life and heart lessons.

Oh, and I love the cover! :)

Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, that was freaking brilliant. I absolutely adored every single bit of it.

I loved that it was all diary entries and I loved reading about Holly's experiences at the King's as she stayed there for a few weeks. I loved everything about Aiden, he's such a sweetheart, where do j find one of him? Ha ha.

Everything was absolutely lovely. The characters, the descriptions, the storyline just everything. Another great read from M.B. Feeney.
Linda Field
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dear Diary by M.B Feeney

Just Wow. I know it's only a short story but it is like a full book.

Told as Diary entries it doesn't leave any gaps. An easy laid back read.

Following Holly's school exchange to America, she writes in her diary of what's happening and how she is feeling.

I loved every bit of this story I read it in about an hour. Now I can't wait to read more of M.B. Feeney's work.
Chell
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute little real life type short but sweet story . I loved it , different writing but kept me reading . Also had a hea which was great considering the out come . Loved it !! My favorite line was ...I swear he could charm the knickers off a nun. Swoon
Karenj
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5**
An insightful peek into the world of a 17 year old exchange student Holly during her trip to the US.. a brief interlude and a life changing experience. A short light read that took me less than an hour to read it has left me wanting to read more of M.B Feeney's work
Vikki Love
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Terri Merkel
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written short story told by Holly in her own words of her visit to the U.S. and her host family. I can only hope we get more from Holly as she continues on with life.
Cynthia Ogg
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My oh my

Quick read, and I really like the diary style that it is written in. Can't wait to pick up the rest of the series!
Laura Smith
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. full review to follow on review tour
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars actually!!
Dawn Foster
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful way to tell a story. Dear Diary is Holly's story through her words in her diary.
Louise Roach
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great little story following Holly's trip to the US, to live with a family with 2 teenage boys! The book contains her diary entries whilst she is there with her run-in's with the brothers Aiden and Tyler...
I loved the characters and their story. It's a short read but really sweet with a lovely ending!
R.E. Hargrave
May 25, 2015
Lostred
Feb 21, 2016
M.B.
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sally Orchard
Oct 19, 2016
Join M. B's FB reader group for exclusive material and updates on her books ➤ http://bit.ly/2tlEAp7
Facebook ➤ http://bit.ly/2hGmv9V
Twitter ➤ http://bit.ly/1qzOcW1

M. B. Feeney is an army brat who finally settled down in Birmingham, UK with her other half, two kids and a dog. She often procrastinates by listening to music of all genres and trying to get ‘just one more paragraph’ written on whichever

The Exchange (4 books)
  • Reluctance (The Exchange Series #2)
  • Repentance (The Exchange Series #3)
  • Dear John (The Exchange Series, #4)