Start by marking “It Was Always You (Gaming the System)” as Want to Read:
It Was Always You (Gaming the System)

(Gaming the System #6.5)

Michaela
Timing has never been on our side. I've carried a torch for Jeremy since junior high school days. Whenever we grew closer, something happened to pull us apart again. If I had one wish this Christmas, it would be for a chance with Jeremy.

Jeremy
She's my best friend's little sister and I've wanted to taste those sweet lips since we were in high school. Just when I tho
Published May 22nd 2015 by Silver Griffon Associates

To ask other readers questions about It Was Always You, please sign up.
Brenna Aubrey This story is book 7 in the Gaming The System series and it is available EVERYWHERE. Get the buy links here: www.brennaaubrey.net/books/it-was-alw... …moreThis story is book 7 in the Gaming The System series and it is available EVERYWHERE. Get the buy links here: www.brennaaubrey.net/books/it-was-alw... hugs!(less)

Start your review of It Was Always You (Gaming the System)
Claire  (Jst1MoreChapter)
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It’s been so long since I read the Gaming System series that I almost forgot how good Brenna’s writing is… this great little novella was a pure delight to read, you don’t have to have read the rest of the series to enjoy it as there’s no reference to it at all other than mentioning the Draco company where they all work…

I loved the characters and hope to see them in the rest of the series… I would have liked it to be longer, but it’s a great little teaser for the coming release of book 4 next mon
Ashley Hedden
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It Was Always You by Breanna Aubrey was a great story. This was a quick read that you won't want to put down. I loved reading about Michaela and Jeremy and how they can love each other and have for a long time. I loved reading this and recommend it for everyone.
S Knoll
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As with all of Brenna Aubrey’s books, this one is really well written. It’s full of likable characters who you can’t help but root for. This is a quick read, and includes some crossover from her other series. Don’t we all have that fantasy of that childhood crush becoming real? This is the story or two childhood friends, struggling with feelings they have never voiced to one another. Sweet, fun and romantic. Worth the read!
Stacey Timmons
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely loved The Gaming Series. This was a short novella based on that series but the characters are unknown.
It was a bit to quick for me. I would have loved for it to have a few more chapters and a little more depth but that's just me being greedy for Brenna's words!
It's a sweet novella and brilliant writing that is accustomed with her writing.
Jeremy and Michaela have secretly longed for each other but timing always seemed to be in the way but the weekend in the cabin changes it al
Cindy Caron
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Even though it is a standalone, it definitely has ties to the Gaming the System series. This is a short novella, but it is also filled to the brim with emotions of all kinds. After all of those "lost" years, will Jeremy and Michaela finally get together? The plot is well thought out and executed. The characters are well rounded and give the story a depth that can't be ignored. Great read.
Carol
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It Was Always You

Wow, sweet, romantic, short story, Jeremy and Michaela knew each other growing up, he was her brothers best friend. They were allows attracted to each other, but felt they couldn't act on it, then when they were a little older, when one wasn't in a relationship, the other would be. It was getting harder and harder to hide their feelings, where might it lead, will they finally give into their feelings, love this short story.❤️.
Audrey
Too short to be worth reading. I don't know these characters and I am not emotionally invested in them.

And, for the love of god, if you don't want to be with someone anymore and/or would rather be with someone else, break up. Don't be disrespectful. Don't cheat.
Erika Adkins Russell
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was way too short but I LOVED IT!!!
Reader By The Mountains
"His eyes returned to mine. All his features, his coloring looked like shades of deep blue in the faint light of this mountain evening. 'That it was always you.' Those words seemed to trail out between his lips, mix with that phantom breath, coalesce into something otherworldly between us. My throat tightened and I swallowed."

Mind you this. I love romance books but the way this book played out, it had me rolling my eyes. When you learned the whole story, you kind of look between Jeremy and M
Louisa
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
Really enjoyed rereading this story again, after it got revamped! And having read a bit of For the Taking already, well, it was so fun to read about the cactus!

*First Read July 28th, 2015*
Such a great story connected to the Gaming the System series, and yeah, so fantastic! I enjoyed it so much!
Nikki
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've always loved Brenna's writing, and this short didn't let me down.

Her Gaming the System Series brings out my inner nerd. The relationships we get to accompany in this series are always fun and light.

But I absolutely loved this small slice of Jeremy. His emotions being on the line made it all the more...
Dirty Dayna
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4 maybe 5 always you stars
this book I think gets the 5 from me. it was sweet and funny and what a fun Bachelorette and bachelor party combo!! it had something for everyone

and I have got to play sardine now hahaha
HiddeninmySoul FanFiction
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, and a subject that is probably more common than people know about or want to admit and it's hard to put down. Working through feelings is hard and I know reading this it had me tearing up at a few points. Brenna, you certainty have a gift
Rose helg
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good Short Story

This is a good short story. It was short and sweet. This could have been a good long story, but being short it was good.
Stephanie
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great quick little story. Loved the hide and seek scene. Want a quick read that will make you smile this is the book for you.
LE Jones
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet short story

I really enjoyed this short story about Jeremy and Michaela. I love a good friends to lovers story. It was a nice quick read
Tracy Pierce
I loved it

Smoking hot I love love love these books. Get get so upset when I have to wait for the next
Barbara
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read each book in the series more than once! It's not just Mia and Adam's story (whew, and what a story they have)... it's all the stories about the special people in their lives. This time it was Jeremy and Michaela... Will it finally be their time? Definitely looking forward to reading Kat and Lucas' story next! Read this the first time when it was a novella...loved it even more in its expanded form.
Barbara
Love this series!

Baby girl
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tinsel All the Way

Christmas stories are my favorite even if they are a fairytale. Michaela and Jeremy's story was sweet and perfect for Christmas even if one reads it in September. So glad they finally are together after all the years they've waited and the many obstacles that got in the way. This Christmas short story is just right!
Niki
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Was Always You

This was a great short read about two people that have had a crush on each other for years but the timing wasn't good. Until it was and they both admitted it however they still had complications.
Veronica Mostel
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved this book. Knowing each other from r. Finally finding their way to be together. Took some time but it all worked out. Great book
Angel Graham
Oct 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
Very quick read. Not really one of my favorites by Brenna Aubrey, but still, a good read.
Rachael
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, short-story
Cute
Irene Sim
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was surprised myself, but I didn't like this novella.
Novellas are interesting in the first place because they revolve around people you already know. So it is easy to develop a story in the short pages you have to tell the story. We haven't met any of the characters in this book and just the fact that they work in Draco doesn't simultaneously makes them part of the "gaming the system" gang. I mean even a story about Cari could be more interesting than that. I think the most annoying about the
Mandy Saial
It was Always you - Brenna Aubrey ( 2 Stars)

I usually love this authors writing . The rating is just solely on my feelings about the characters ..not her writing.
I had a tough time with this short read . Which I could have loved , had the book been longer to help me like the characters together .
I was on the fence as to if I would finish it , but heck it's under 40 pages long so I gave it a shot ,but how do you get into a storyline , where a guy wants a girl, the girl is unavailable so instea
Christine
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm on the fence with this one. The whole premise was a little weird. Guy likes girl but she's taken so he dates her roommate, then girl is free and decides she has a crush on guy and roommate (despite being annoying) is stuck in the middle. I could go into more detail, but this was a novella so I'm not going to whine too much. If you liked the "Gaming the System" series just know that this can easily be skipped and you won't miss out on anything.
Buffyanna
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very short novella, but just enough to quench my thirst for Brenna Aubrey's writing until For The Win is released. The sweetness and anticipation and longing of Michaela and Jeremy's emerging romance beautifully captures the excitement of new love. Brenna does this so well. Can't wait for more!
Colleen
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this short story. I wished it was longer and said more after they realized they always liked each other.
It wasn't a lot of hard sex just a sweet love story with a HEA.
I think this was refreshing read after all the BDSM I read.
I recommend this for people that just want a plan love story
Jaylee
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute, short and sweet, and predictable. The villain of our piece was very one-dimensional and simplistic, and the characters were pretty flat. Granted, this was a VERY short book, with very little room to explore or expand on anything. I might be interested in seeing more from this author, since I already have one of her books on my Kindle so why not give it a try.

• Knocking Boots
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Christmas On Main Street (Santa’s Secret Helpers, #1)
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • Irresistible In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #4)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Midnight Marriage (Roxton Family Saga, #1)
  • Falling For The Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport #9)
  • Fractured (Southern Alphas, #2)
  • Endeared (The Accidental Billionaires #5)
  • Man on Top (Man in Charge Duet, #0.5)
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Taken With You (Fractured Connections, #4)
  • Everything She Needs (Everything She Needs, Book 1)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • My Best Friend's Brother (Make Her Mine, #1)
  • Fling (Cafe, #2.5)
  • The Cowboy's Stolen Bride (Turners vs Coopers of Chance Creek, #4)
★✩★✩★ Signup for Brenna's mailing list for all the exclusives ★✩★✩★ : http://brenna.news
Smart is Sexy
Brenna Aubrey is a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of contemporary romance stories. Her debut novel, At Any Price, is currently free on all platforms. . Her books are on over a million e-readers worldwide. The've also been translated into German, French, Italian, Dutch and adapted into an intera

Gaming the System (6 books)
  • At Any Price (Gaming the System, #1)
  • At Any Turn (Gaming the System, #2)
  • At Any Moment (Gaming the System, #3)
  • For the Win (Gaming the System, #4)
  • For the One (Gaming The System, #5)
  • Worth Any Cost (Gaming the System, #6)