Start by marking “Rough (Chicago Underground, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rough (Chicago Underground, #1)

Rough

(Chicago Underground #1)

I'm a cautionary tale. A statistic. A victim. A single teenage mother from the poor part of town. Most of the time I'm too busy working and struggling to care what people think. Survival doesn't come easy.

I have a dark secret, a pressure valve, a rare moment just for myself. On these nights I visit a club. There I find men who give me what I need. Men who aren't afraid to
Published May 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Rough, please sign up.
Marishka Author’s Note: ROUGH is a dark new adult romantic suspense novel in the Chicago Underground series. This series spans multiple couples and does…moreAuthor’s Note: ROUGH is a dark new adult romantic suspense novel in the Chicago Underground series. This series spans multiple couples and does contain cliffhangers. This part was previously published in Giving It Up by Amber Lin.

Same book under two different author names and two different series. looks like she took book one and two of The lost girls series under amber lin and broke them into three books a piece under the Chicago underground series in her other name for some reason. (less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Ye xB by sb_zpsxv6xwmlp.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (7/3/2015)

Book 1 in 3-part serial. Complete set.

BLURB:
Rough is a sexy new adult romantic suspense with a strong-and-silent-type hero...

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
DNF 47% - No rating

I thought the blurb was engaging.
The heroine is a girl who has been raped and was pregnant after it happens. Still, she decides to keep the baby.

Two years after, she can't trust anyone especially men. From the beginning it comes to our understanding that she was close friend with her rapist.

She doesn't want to invest in a relationship, so she seeks meaningless sex through some impersonal encounters she has monthly.

This is when she meets Colin.
One night, in a bar, they decide t
Casey
For someone who was so anti-relationship she sure falls into one pretty quick... I just couldn't get into this one.
I doubt I will finish this series of novellas but I'm also sure others will love it.
Elfina Renee
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rape is an ugly brutal concept, the act alone scars so deeply, often times they never heal. Skye Warren did an amazing job bringing this horror to life. It will be interesting how Allie and Colin will overcome the major obstacles ahead of them! Bravo...bravo...five stars for an insanely, dark, gritty read!
Paige
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 “Roughly Mysterious” Stars

Rough is my first Skye Warren read and I was glued to my seat while reading the start of Allie and Colin’s story. A quick read that I devoured in one sitting, their story is equal parts mystery and intrigue interspersed with sweet seduction and panty melting sexy times. With mostly serious themes, some well placed laugh out loud moments made for a stellar reading experience.

Allie realizes she’s pregnant after violently losing her virginity to one of the two people s
Julie
I really liked this.
Allie becomes pregnant at the age of sixteen. She is kicked out in the world all alone except for her friend Shelly who is willing to do anything for her best friend. Living day to day was a struggle to provide for her child in a bad part of town, a dirty apartment building, she had a very difficult time just providing diapers and toys for Bailey with the little bit of pay she earned at a small bakery that was hardly if not even possible enough for bills and diapers.

Allie ha
L.J. Shen
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Floved.
Sky Warren is such a clever, virtuous writer. She knows how to write a bad boy like nobody's business and her female characters are always believable and strong.
Aղցela W.
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. At the beginning of the book Allie and her best friend Shelly find out that she is pregnant and she becomes homeless fast forward two years. Allie is a young single mom of a two year Bailey she is trying to make it on her own, and Colin is a rough around the edges but gentle man who wants to help her. They both have secrets they are keeping from each other. Allie is a tough female who puts her daughter first and her second she will do anything to protect them both. A ...more
Karen
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-reads
3.5-4 Stars

This is the first book in a three part novella series.

Most parts of the story followed your typical pattern of a young teenage girl facing a difficult situation and as she gets older never trusting another man. I actually enjoyed this book. The writing was good and made for a short easy read. I liked the heroine, Allie, and felt she was a bit confused but still very strong and independent. I loved her friend Shelly who was so supportive and as for Colin he was somewhat of a mystery.

Th
BabyBeth
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, problem
This book was for free and I was skint as hell so I figured why not?

I think my main problem with this book was the fact that it was absolutely okay in every single sense of the word.
Okay heroine.
Okay hero.
Okay sex.
Okay writing.
Okay storyline, albeit a very short and rushed one.
Nothing was MORE. Nothing felt distinctive or special or interesting. I think Skye Warren can do a lot better than that. I know she can. But I guess this wasn't for me.
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
Warning: i didn't finish reading

OK. So. I did't read it fully, just about halfway. Vut it was advancing really slowly, just like the Harry Potter movie "The deathly hollows pt. 1", i didn't get much action.

Don't get me wrong, the book is good, just really slow. But, i'd like to thank my friend (-@*#€€@@) for showing me the book (please no spoilers -@*#€€@@, i'd very much like to enjoy it further on). So back to the review, the book is enjoyable, but i didn't connect with the characters like a p
Bitchy
Oct 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mafia
The writing is terrible, the dialogue is bad & the story is just blah.

Allie is a sick, disturbed girl. She's kind of a whore that likes to be roughed up during sex with random men. Keep in mind she's a single mother who has her prostitute best friend watch her small kid so she can go out once a month to get screwed. She then meets Colin & insta-connection. After 1 date & 2 screw sessions, he asks her to move in with him? What???

There's hardly anything written about her relationship
Sbell
3.5 Can't figure the hero out stars!!!!

I found this book on my kindle,
and decided to give it a go.

I liked Allie from the beginning. I
understood why she was the way
she was. I of course did not agree
with the way she masked her pain,
or escaped life, but it was believable.

I am very intrigued by Colin, and I
have to say that upon reading this
book I did not realize that it was
a trilogy. Colin was Mr. Mystery
personified. I never really felt
like I knew him...but I liked him.
I liked how he was when he was
Linda
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Allies had some tough time, starting with being thrown out by her father when he discovers that shes pregnant, what he didnt know was from a rape, to now when she lives in a dump trying to survive with her daughter baking for minimum wages. The only thing that lets her blow off steam is her date nights when she finds rough love for a night. Until Colin comes along, showing her his kind of loving. Can she look past his connection with his brother and all the other secrets?
First in a three part se
Sammy Loves Books
Aug 19, 2015 marked it as kindle-freebies
Free on Kindle Baby!!
⚓ Basil ⚓
I didn't realize this was not a stand alone until I flipped the page and the book was done! Not sure I want to pay $3 each for the next 2 installments.
Kj
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it

I read all of Alli and Colin's story before I could stop and post this review so this review will be copy and pasted on Rough, Hard, and Fierce. I really like bad boy alpha males. I especially like mob romance stories. The book really didn't confirm that Colin was in the mob but did say something similar but not that organized. Hmmmm not sure what that means. Without giving anything away he is involved in something illegal. Alli has had a rough life and now is a single mother prowling the club f

1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rough by Skye Warren is part of the Chicago Underground series. Allie is a young, single mother who does whatever she needs to take care of her baby girl. Colin is the man that she meet one night unexpectedly. Colin is different from the other guys Allie usually goes after, and shows her it could be different. But he’s hiding something from her.

Colin is a bit dark and dangerous and that makes him even more alluring in my book (well, in this one also) :) Allie is sitting on the fence as to wheth
Debra Johnson
Rough by Skye Warren
Genres: Adult, Romance
3.5 Stars

I understand this is a prequel, but it was just to despairing for me.
The writing was great and it was a quick read, but the character Allie is so confusing.

I understand the youth and her circumstances in this story. However, she doesn't really seem to be doing anything about it. Like a mental time-bomb that is going to blow & soon.
If this was a real person I would recommend EXTREME counseling.
I just found Allie to be irritating.

I am curi
Kimberly
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rough, is just that...rough in the best kind of way. I love Skye Warrens characters, they are damaged, make bad choices, do the wrong things, but you can't help but fall in love with them flaws and all! Colin and Allie are no exception they are truly compelling characters that I can't wait to read more about.

Allie is a young single mom trying to make it on her own, and Colin is a rough around the edges but gentle man who wants to help her. They both have secrets they are keeping from each other,
Brianna Maddox
I didn't even realize the jump into the 2nd book. I'm listening to the boxset of the first 3 and in the audio, it's not clearly divided, just a total number of chapters so it's throwing me. I honestly couldn't tell you where this one ends. I'm loving this story so far- I'm curious to see what route it's going to take.
YaYa
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Definitely want to read the next one. This story is edgy, sad, throw in a little sweet with some hot sexy times and some mystery and it was quite a blend. How to make this not sound as a bad thing? I'm used to the author being very dark, not that this one doesn't have the subject, but it's a little on the lighter side. Good enough for me.
J
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Book #1 in a 3 part series. This book was okay, but confusing, as it set the story up and introduced the characters and then ended in a cliffhanger. Hopefully Books #2 and #3 will be more interesting.
Mara
Jul 02, 2015 added it
Shelves: romance
I love, love the dark romances that Skye Warren writes. I would have loved this too if it hadn't been a serial. So I'm left hanging after 160 scant pages. Damn. Still it's really down my alley. And I'll suck it up and buy the other two novellas, damn me to hell and back. :)

Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, skye-warren
TheresaDK
Mar 14, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 67%
I'm in a weird book funk.. Not feeling this one either. Sigh..
Boundless Book Reviews
1.5 Stars
This book was hard to read because, in one way, I really felt and cared for Allie; yet, in another, I couldn’t stand her.  She is a victim of a horrendous crime that happens all too often to women.  It makes her stronger in one sense, but almost weaker in another.  She has become a victim, has not been able to move on, and has developed a rather jacked way of coping with her trauma.  The fact that she can hold it together, and be a wonderful mother is what makes her strong. The fact tha
Aliyeh
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four stars!

This book was a surprise for me. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Allie becomes a young mother when she is raped by the father of her child. The book then fast forwards to when her daughter is around two years old. She goes out to a bar one night where she meets Colin.
Colin is introduced to us and you can just tell he's different. He's extremely mysterious to say the least and he changes things for her. Everything she wants, he gives her the opposite. He's healing
Heather
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, erotica
*warning story contains rape, rough sex, unplanned teen pregnancy

Allie is now 19 with a 16 month old named Bailey. Her best friend Shelly has helped Allie try to make the best of her situation. Shelly makes her living on her back and Allie has her "date nights" and as best friends they don't judge. I love that about these two women. Life is hard but they are trying.

During a "date night" Allie meets Colin. But he isn't like all the other guys where rough sex and no factor in, he sees more in Alli
  • Sleeves
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 6 "Consequences" (My Masters' Nightmare, #6)
  • Broken Captive (Wren's Song, #3)
  • Candy Coated Chaos (Sweet Treats, #1)
  • Invitation to Seduction (Open Invitation, #1)
  • Break Me In (Devil's Host MC #2)
  • Savage Love (Back Down Devil MC, #7)
  • Taking Avery (Lilith’s Army MC, #1)
  • Mr. Black's Proposal (Mr. Black's Proposal, #1)
  • Hunter (Prison Planet, #2)
  • Managing Macy (Tall, Dark and Dominant #1)
  • Blank Canvas (Big Easy, #1)
  • Kiss of Flame  (The Dragon's Virgin Tribute, #1)
  • Seek (Delirious, #0.5)
  • Picture Me Naked (Stoddard Art School, #1)
  • The Degas Girl
  • Doll Face (Doll Face #1)
  • Sated (Wrecked, #1)

Chicago Underground (7 books)
  • Hard (Chicago Underground, #2)
  • Fierce (Chicago Underground, #3)
  • Wild (Chicago Underground, #4)
  • Dirty (Chicago Underground, #5)
  • Secret (Chicago Underground, #6)
  • Deep (Chicago Underground, #8)
“Giving head was a no-brainer for me. I loved cocks, the way they tasted and felt in my mouth. And just the invasion of it, the submission.” 2 likes
“My heart clenched. I hated him for what he did. But I loved him as my friend, the one who’d hung out every afternoon and made me smile when my dad hadn’t been back in months. Most of all, I understood him—more than I wanted to. I knew what went on at his house, even if he’d never actually told me. We were all broken, and we turned on each other with our fear and our fists. It was a cold way to live. A familiar one.” 1 likes