Start by marking “Faith and Choice in the Works of Joss Whedon” as Want to Read:
Faith and Choice in the Works of Joss Whedon

Faith and Choice in the Works of Joss Whedon

Joss Whedon once identified himself as an "angry, hard-line atheist" who is nevertheless "fascinated by the concept of devotion." While organized religion seems to hold no satisfactory answers for Whedon, his dedication to exploring the meanings of faith and belief can be seen in many of the characters he has created for such works as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firef ...more
Published February 21st 2008 by McFarland & Company

To ask other readers questions about Faith and Choice in the Works of Joss Whedon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith and Choice in the Works of Joss Whedon

Tajsha
May 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
I was about to type in my review from the notes that I took while reading the book; however, my cup of tea spilled over onto my notes rendering the pages pretty much useless. For now, I will just try to remember some of the things I had written down which means that this will probably come across as really scattered. :-) I am definitely planning to do a more comprehensive review later once I get my copy back.
The way that Koontz uses words is much like the seduction of the vampire creature itself
Cassandra
Dec 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fic, reviewed
Disappointing. A few interesting ideas, but too badly-researched, unorganized, and long-winded to be really readable. I read one chapter, skimmed a second (because I'm an optimist) and finally gave up.

Skip the book and just go watch Firefly.
Morag
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Yet another book that I'm on the fence about (because that is the story of my life right now). I haven't watched Firefly beyond two episodes. so I stuck to the chapters about Buffy and Angel and, while I usually love studying the metaphors in these TV shows, I felt like this book only scratched the surface and was at times long-winded. But I'm also not that interested in religion, so maybe that played a part....
Shiloh
Dec 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
While the subject matter is interesting, the execution of the book is lacking. The observations don't go much beyond the surface level and rarely dig into what any of this *means* on a deeper level than "isn't this nifty!" Likewise, there's an odd balance of too much information--particularly when it comes to explaining histories, theoretical approaches, or the finer points of a religious belief; it feels that Koontz doesn't trust the reader to know some of these things and must be informed of t ...more
Cara