Start by marking “To Have” as Want to Read:

To Have

(To Have #1)

Stella

My life was good.
But, like most things that are just “good,” it fell apart. I fell apart.
I had lived to work before, but when my husband left my job became my entire life.
Then I went for coffee and my life changed. Days before finalizing my divorce, my past sat down across from me and it was like life had been breathed back into me. It was only the beginning of
Published June 2nd 2015 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about To Have, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Have

Start your review of To Have
Rachel
Overall rating: 3 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Christie72
“It feels like fate’s pushed us together and reminded us we’re allowed to feel despite heartache and past lovers no longer loving us, that regardless of how broken we may be as individuals we’re each a half and together that makes us whole.”

What a wonderful, emotional, and magical love story! It’s like a fairy tale for adults! Stella has had her heart broken by two men during her life. The first was Brian, her best friend and first love from her early childhood. It was broken when he had to
Deborah Skroch
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you believe that some things are just “meant to be”? Even if you don’t, this book might just change your mind.

As the story begins, we meet Stella. She comes home early from work to find her husband packing. There’s another woman and he’s leaving her. Stella is shell shocked. She’s been with Keith since she was 12 and she really doesn’t know any other way for life to be. It was comfortable. They were living the life they were “supposed to”. But now it’s gone. This is a story any reader can
Carrie
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a random find for me. Sometimes, I'll see a cover that peaks my interest (this one did because it reminded me of one of my favorites, Mugs of Love) and it's accompanied by a synopsis that grabs me right away & says, "ME! I AM YOUR NEXT READ! YOU NEED ME NOW!" And even though I'm in the middle of another book & already have the next book lined up on my TBR list, something about it just makes me forget all of that & dive in.

That feeling, for this book, was SPOT ON. This is the
Kelly
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stella and Brian met when they were 5 and became best friends instantly. They were made for eachother and thought that they'd be together forever. When Brian's family had to move away they tried to keep in touch but ended up drifting away.
Fast forward and Stella life is in shambles. Her husband walks out on their marriage after confessing he's in love with someone else.
They divorce and Stella tries to get her life back together.
On a particularly rough day Stella discovers that not only is her
Sandi Sullivan
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the most relate-able books I have ever read. I fell in love the Brian and wanted Stella to be my best friend. I fell in love with a town I have never physically been to and wanted to go have a cup of coffee (I don't even drink coffee) and a pastry at the Jumping Bean just to color with Britt. I felt the rage with everyone at Steph's situation.

Just read the book! Its fantastic!
alice casson
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

Almost immediately I was caught up in the lives of the characters. They became people I knew and wanted to be friends with. The book was real and believable. Did not want it to end, awaiting the next book.
Andrea B
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! It kept me interested from start to end. I loved the characters and could relate to them. A great debut novel for this author. I can't wait to read more.
Rebecca
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved this book! I was immediately drawn into Stella and Brian's story. I felt an attachment with the characters right away and felt all the emotions with them through the book. Definitely keeping this one on my bookshelf!
Theresa
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written

Lovely characters, engaging storyline. A beautiful story and portrait of my favorite town! Very well done for a first novel.
French Press Bookworm Blog
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was sticky sweet and fantastic. Sometimes fate has perfect timing and I was totally there for it
Cyndi Hackett
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Simple read. Would have been a good book to read on a summer vacation. I did have some small problems with the book which holds me back from giving it 4 stars.
Tina
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel is a hidden gem. I have been hesitant lately about trying new authors since I have had several busts, but I do love a good second chance romance and this one sounded like it could be a winner. When I dove into To Have, I wondered why I had not read it sooner. This story has so many of the elements that I love from this genre. There is a love story that is solid. It is about more than a physical and chemical reaction. It is filled with emotional connection and a friendship that ...more
♥ Joy Joy ♥
Jan 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was a book filled with a lot of good potential ideas and story twists, but poor execution. Actually I think the number of ideas and twists is also what caused the story to come off less than mediocre.

Everything was packed in and rushed through; the writing came off probably poorer than it was due to this; the characters lacked depth and the chance to show growth; and overall the story was just too unrealistic, even for the world where stories of romances are, to a degree, unrealistic.

I
Maria Patenaude
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
That feeling you get when you've written a well thought-out review and your browser crashes... Ah, well. On to the important bits!

This is a well-written stand-alone novel. Next to no grammatical or spelling errors, and short (yet engaging) enough to be read in an afternoon. The main romance is sweet, there are sexy scenes, and there's some action further in that might surprise you. (As a survivor I didn't find the violence particularly triggering, as it's written post-facto, but it's there.
reading the sheets
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is The Story of Stella and Brian.
When Stellas marriage falls apart and her husband leaves her for another woman she throws herself into her work.
Brian left for Tennessee when he was a child leaving his childhood friend Stella behind, now23 years later hes back.Brian and his friend own the coffee shop…hoping to reconnect with Stella hes gobsmacked when one day she walks into his shop.As soon as he sets eyes on her he feels the connection,he came home hoping to find her again.Though they
Dawn
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is The Story of Stella and Brian.
Carla
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story of love!! I'm not usually one for romance novels of any sort but an especially good book of that variety can pull me in. Which is exactly what To Have did!! The writer wrote so well that I was feeling those emotions with the characters as events transpired. Turning each page in anticipation of the next! It brought tears to my eyes as well (which few books have done).
I'm already anxious for the next book!! I want to know how things go with Stella. I want to see what else happens
Jenny
Overall rating: 4 stars

Mallory
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Loved how this book switched between the two characters.
It was easy to follow which character was speaking which I have struggled with in other books!
Nelda
Sep 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish!

This book was a mess! It was to choppy! Could only make to the eleventh chapter. I wasted my money!
Chrissy Dyer
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ML Pennock gives us a beautiful love story that makes women believe that there is true love out there.
Marilyn
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

this book is one that shows how some times your true love can get lost but can find you after years later.
Carol D'Amato
Jun 18, 2015
Jessica
Jun 14, 2015
Peg
rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• With Your Permission (In The Heart Of A Valentine #5)
  • Man Fast (Bergen Brothers, #1)
  • Rhyme & Reason
  • Perversion (Perversion Trilogy, #1)
  • 3 Cowboys For The Bride: A Naughty Cowboy Romance (Book 1)
  • Done (In the Dark, #1)
  • Restrained Box Set: Boston Doms Books 1-4
  • Propositioning Love
  • A Game-Changing Christmas (In The Heart Of A Valentine #4)
  • Shiver
  • Igniting Ivy (Men on Fire #1)
  • A Taste of Submission
  • On The Naughty List: A Falling For A Rose Christmas Special
  • Fury
  • Say It Again (First Wives, #5)
  • Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1)
  • Falling for a Knight (The Wild Knights Book 1)
  • Eight Kisses: Eight All-New Tales of Holiday Romance
M.L. Pennock is a former journalist turned author. She attended Alfred University, earning a Bachelor of Arts in English and communication studies, before going on to earn a Master of Arts in communications from SUNY College at Brockport. She lives in Central New York with her husband and three daughters.

M.L. Pennock is the author of the To Have series.

Visit facebook.com/mlpennock or mlpennock.com

To Have (3 books)
  • To Hold (To Have #2)
  • To Cherish (To Have, #3)