Start by marking “Known (Bone Secrets, #5)” as Want to Read:
Known (Bone Secrets, #5)

Known

(Bone Secrets #5)

After a brutal snowstorm in the Cascade Mountains, Chris Jacobs discovers two things he never expected to see: the charred shell of a cabin, and Gianna Trask and her sixteen-year-old daughter huddled in an SUV, having barely escaped from their burning vacation rental.

Still scarred from a childhood ordeal, Chris knows there’s something sinister about the scene—it’s the sten

Published January 19th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Known, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Known

Start your review of Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
Julie
Known by Kendra Elliot is a 2016 Montlake publication.

This fifth installment in the 'Bone Secrets' series gives Chris Jacobs top billing, when he meets Gianna Trask and her teenage daughter, Violet, under extreme circumstances.

When Gianna’s cabin retreat catches fire, she and her daughter barely make it out alive. Chris also happens to be at his cabin at that time and brings the ladies to safety. But, he knows right away the burned-out shell of the cabin will reveal a very serious crime and th
Debra
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Known begins with a man, Chris, enjoying a solitary weekend at his cabin in the mountains while his son is visiting his Grandmother. While Chris is out enjoying the winter day in the mountains, he comes across a teenager and her unconscious Mother in a SUV. Their burned cabin has a dead body inside. Chris instantly recognizes the smell of burnt human flesh from his childhood and we learn that he has a tragic past that he struggles to bury
Alyse
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For more posts, please follow my blog:

A Bone Secrets Novel
Hidden (Book 1)
Chilled (Book 2)
Buried (Book 3)
Veiled *novella*
Alone (Book 4)
Known (Book 5)

Known by Kendra Elliot is the fifth book in her Bone Secrets series. While each book focuses on a new "couple", and can be read as a standalone, I fully recommend reading these in order so you really get the backstory of certain characters.

We first met Chris Jacobs in Buried. And since then, Chris (with his son Brian) ha
Paige  Bookdragon

First thing that I noticed:

Known's heroine's name is Gianna Trask.The book I read before this is You Belong to Me and the heroine's name in that book is Lucy Trask.

○Both are doctors.Specifically, forensic pathologist.

I think they're lost lost twins.. Idk, man.This is weird.

Anyway this is probably my least favorite Kendra Elliot book, mainly because there's no litany of medical terms in this book. I was hoping for the fountain of knowledge about dead bodies and shits but alas, no.

What we have i
Robin
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
While on vacation in the Cascade Mountains, Chris Jacobs finds a burned-out cabin. He also finds Gianna Trask and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Violet, trying to stay warm in their SUV. Since the roads are impassable after last night's snowstorm, Chris guides the women to his cabin to keep warm. Not wanting to alarm the women, he doesn't mention the odor of charred flesh that he smells near the cabin. The next day a Forest Ranger finds the remains of the cabin, but he is gunned down before he c ...more
Bj
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "Past Tragedies Unite" Stars for the story and narration!

If you're like me, and love a good old-fashioned style suspense story with an overlay of romance to throw a little spice into the mystery, then you will not want to miss Known. Although this is the 5th book in the Bone Secrets Series, there is no need to have read or listened to the prior books as both the suspense and romantic sub-plots are fully contained within this audiobook. Further complementing this thought provoking suspense tit
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
At first I thought, oh no, not another predictable story line. But I was thoroughly fooled. No insta love, but it was a close call. Nice story. Kept me interested. I
One hanging Chad and that was Lee. But everything else wrapped up nicely.
Pat
Sep 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Kendra Elliot's books seem to get rave reviews. I promised myself I would read one to see what it is all about. So here is my dissenting opinion.

The story was fast-paced and the mystery was nice and mysterious, if not believable. But the plot was far from original - gorgeous woman is rescued by gorgeous, muscular man and they fall in lust and love. Are there no ordinary or unattractive people in fiction land? Both have tragic pasts yada yada. Oh, and then the guy gets to rescue the damsel in dis
Lauren
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Known
3.5 Stars

Chris Jacobs has finally found some peace after years of living in fear. When he stumbles across a burned out cabin in the woods and rescues Gianna Trask and her teenage daughter, Chris realizes that something sinister is at work. Can he and Gianna confront their darkest secrets in order to survive?

Series note: It is not necessary to read the entire series prior to this book as most of the stories are standalone. However, book #3, Buried, should be read first for the backstory on
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank Net Galley, Montlake Romance publishers and Ms. Elliot for the opportunity to read this ARC.

Known is the fifth book in the Bone Secret series and although they stand alone, I think you get more out of some of the characters if you have read the prior books in the series. I've read books 1 and 2, but somehow I missed books 3 and 4, but I still really enjoyed this story.

For most of the book I was pulled in and riveted by t
Dawn ♥ romance
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
I really enjoyed this romantic suspense with continuous fast paced exciting action that kept my attention from beginning to end. Lots of sad history was revealed for both hero and heroine in addition to some interesting plot twists. Chris rescues Gianna and her teenage daughter when they are caught in a snow storm.
Karsyn
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received from NetGalley for my honest review.

In the 5th installment of the Bone Secrets series, we revisit Chris, who we met in the book "Buried", book 3 of the series. Chris is looking forward to some quiet time when he smells smoke and goes to investigate. He finds Gianna and her daughter huddled in their truck while they cabin they were staying in goes up in flames.

Chris was a good character in Buried and continues to be a good character in this story. He's still got his demons and is a recl
Zannie
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Welcome back to Chris from Buried, #3. Chris is at his remote cabin in the Cascade Mountains during a brutal snowstorm. During his stay, he discovers Gianna and her 16-year-old daughter, Violet, huddled in an SUV. Having escaped from the harrowing ordeal of their vacation rental cabin burning down, Violet is found nursing her mother, who was violently ill all night.

As we know from Buried, Chris knows what burnt flesh smells like. And there was a strong odor of burnt flesh in that cabin. Low and
Dee
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two-haiku review:

Her cabin burns down
He rescues her and daughter
But still in danger

Very bad villain
Characters had lots of depth
Twists and turns in plot
Aug 12, 2018 marked it as no-dull-mwh-dmh-tstl-unsafe
This is not a review but rather a note for myself. I can't bring myself to read a book that features a victim of a heinous crime. I admire his survival and willingness to still be a kind and decent human being, but I just can't.
⚜️Trea
I RECEIVED AN ADVANCE COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NETGALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW!!

I've been eagerly waiting for this book a long time, so when my New Year's Book Resolution took me to Net Galley to look for books to review and I found this one, I knew I had to read it quick and review it! For me, this goes back to the success that was the author's third book, Buried.

Chris Jacobs is a man still haunted by a violent past. (See Buried for more detail.) While his biologi
Sonia Cristina
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
"They'd both been balancing on the edge of violent memories, and she'd saved them from a plunge to the bottom." ~ Ch. 15

Since Buried I've always thought of Chris and his incrediblly disturbing and sad story. I hoped he'd get his own book and HEA. I admire him so much, he got a soft spot in my heart.

It was with happiness I received the news that Known was his book. I had high expectations for it and I must say I’m not disappointed. Kendra Elliot made Chris justice! It was such an emotion to see C
Suzanne Johnson
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this has been one of my favorites among this great series so it was interesting in the end notes to see that the author struggled with it. Great emotion, suspense, characters.
Sharon
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Amazon Publishing and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review.

Known is book six in the Bone Secret series written by Kendra Elliot. Near his cabin in the Cascade Mountains, Chris Jacobs followed the scent of smoke, not expecting to stumble upon a burned out cabin. After dragging her unresponsive mother from the building, Violet and her mother Gianna spent the night in their SUV. Finding footprints in the snow and a body inside, Chris has the f
CL
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always Kendra Elliot does not disappoint. Chris has retreated to his cabin in the woods to unplug and recharge when he smells smoke and not the good kind. At first daylight he sets off to try and find the source only to discover a woman and her daughter in her vehicle outside the burned shell of their rental cabin. He takes them back to his cabin to wait out the storm. But things are not as they seem and the fire was no accident. Now bodies are piling up and Chris finds he's attracted to this ...more
Reen
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this book we again meet Chris Jacobs whom we met in book 3, Buried. He was a deeply troubled and scarred character in Buried and continues to be haunted by his past so it's nice to see him develop a relationship with someone. Gianna has her own past to contend with as well as a typical teenage daughter who thinks the world revolves around her. The story was engaging and kept me interested and it was nice to see the relationship develop on an adult level. Chris goes to his isolated cabin to re ...more
Barbara ★
I was excited when I realized this was Chris Jacobs story. I so wanted to see him get his HEA. A lot of things were alluded to but not graphically described which was great since I get tired of reading of blood and guts. Though a violent killer was on the loose chasing Gianna Trask and her daughter Violet, the story focused on Chris's and Gianna's torturous pasts and how they got past them and made successful careers for themselves. I loved seeing them fall in love in spite of all their various ...more
Diane
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Certainly not the best book in this series. I felt the book dragged on with no clear motive until the end, even then not so much. Yes it is Chris's story (who first appeared in Buried), but not the early years which would have been the best story to tell.

The serial killer's identity isn't known until 3/4 through, but chaptered glimpses into his thoughts/actions are shown periodically. It seems like the author struggled with this book, and it is founded in her acknowledgments.

3.5 stars only.
Yvonne
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good suspense with a bit of romance.
Kelly
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I had no idea how much I wanted Chris's story until I sat down and started reading it. The poor guy had been through hell and he deserved some goodness in his life. Well, wait. He has his son and his son is definitely one of the good things. I guess I'm trying to say he deserved something good of the romantic variety.

Gianna gave that to him. The shock of what happened to her and her daughter had her off-center when Chris first found them, but she trusted Chris almost immediately.
Pam Walter
Jun 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery, fiction, thriller
This seems to be the 5th in a series by Kendra Elliot called the "Bone Series". I purchased it as a kindle "Goodreads deal", thinking I might enjoy the change of reading a "mystery thriller". Having finished the book I thought it could have had an interesting mystery story line but came away with many questions about what people are actually looking for in the form of entertainment.

Since the nightmare of Jaycee Dugard I have seen many authors mimic the story of her abduction and sexual bondage.
Darcy
When I realized that this book was going to be about Chris again I was happy. It was nice to see that he and his son were doing good in the aftermath of the last book and they he could enjoy being around his brother and sister. I was intrigued by seeing Chris as a romantic lead, to see how he would react with Gianna. Both of them had tragic pasts that they could understand each other once that was known. With what happened to Chris it was easy to see why he would step up and help strangers right ...more
Kelly  O'Connor
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
That’s another series finished by this very talented author, once again this book is full of twists and turns many I never saw coming with a dash of romance. The audio is perfectly narrated making this story even more gripping. Can’t wait to start on another series by Kendra !
Viz
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
As usual Kendra Elliots' books are good thriller but definitely not as good as Book #3
Ellen
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Immediately I was completely emerged in the story, and just couldn't get enough. Gianna and her daughter were great lead characters along with Chris. So many twists and turns. There were times I just couldn't read it fast enough. I enjoy Kendra's writing and storytelling. It's hard to read her books because life just gets in the way of being able to read it right through like I want! Loved it!

• Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • A Bone to Pick (Widow's Island #2)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • She Can Scream (She Can... #3)
  • He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
  • She Can Tell (She Can... #2)
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
  • She Can Run (She Can... #1)
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 8 Million books and been on the WSJ best seller list eleven times.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

*New series!* THE LAST SISTER and THE SILENCE

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS:

Bone Secrets (5 books)
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
  • Alone (Bone Secrets, #4)