Start by marking “365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn” as Want to Read:
365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn

365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn

365 Games Smart Toddlers Play will help you make the best of the time you and your toddler share, every day of the year.

Each day with your toddler brings new experiences for them and new opportunities for you to teach, share and grow closer to each other. Bestselling parenting author Sheila Ellison fills each page with fun, practical ways to create and enhance those speci
Published April 1st 2006 by Sourcebooks (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play

Start your review of 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn
Tami
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I took a star off because this book works just fine for dumb kids as well.

What I look for in "games":
1. Cost: $$$ and time (attention spans are short)
2. Mats: do I have to go by special things for this games or is it already on hand?
3. Repeating the game: Can I repeat this game? How long is setup? Is it one and done? Can I do this 25 times in a row?
4. Did it work? Was it fun?

This book had a lot of cheap (in hand games) setup was relatively simple and games were easily augmented. My kids (who we
Megan
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this digitally and sadly lost all my bookmarks. One idea I loved was to create an office box. As a working mom I never thought to create play where my daughter could emulate me. Old cells a keyboard. Other work type stuff.

Also I liked the idea of a random act of kindness jar to write down times you catch your child being kind.
Ari
Jul 13, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 60-books-in-2012
I picked this up looking for some fresh new ideas for my class, but found mostly ideas that are only new if you've never seen children play. Also some things are just bad advice, never tape paper to the wall & allow children to color on it, at the recommended age (20-24 months) they will think that means they can color on the whole wall. ...more
Heidi
Some good ideas, but I think the title is misleading. There are some duplicate ideas in different sections of the book, and quite a few of the "Games" are parenting tips, not activities. Still, I made a list of quite a few activities I will try to do sometime in the future with my son.
Yeedle
Feb 03, 2013 rated it liked it
A creative book, but most of the ideas can be find online with the help of the Internet God. The drawings though is something you won't see anywhere online. So if you can get it from a library, it's a good resource. But to buy it is a waste of money.
Stephanie
Jan 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book is full of ideas for activities for young children. They are very crafty and creative, but some are high maintenance or unrealistic. I used some fun ideas from this book while I was working as a nanny. However, you can probably find similar ideas just by searching the internet.
Casey
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: stay at home moms
Good to keep around and fill in the gaps of the day.
Vex
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
A couple of good ideas.
Kate
Aug 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents of toddlers
lots of very creative activities to do with your toddler. includes ways to enhance your child's life. my favorite: "masking tape madness!!!!!"
Jun 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
wonderful ideas for playtime. great for stay at home parents.
Stacey B
Mar 16, 2015

• The Wives
  • Peanuts
  • Games to Play with Toddlers, Revised
  • The Physics of Football: Discover the Science of Bone-Crunching Hits, Soaring Field Goals, and Awe-Inspiring Passes
  • The Complete Pun Book
  • And the Mountains Echoed
  • The Royal Runaway
  • Invisible Emmie
  • Better Than Carrots or Sticks: Restorative Practices for Positive Classroom Management
  • Positively Izzy
  • I Am Pilgrim
  • You Do You: How to Be Who You Are and Use What You've Got to Get What You Want
  • So That Happened: My Unexpected Life in Hollywood
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • #famous