Start by marking “Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love” as Want to Read:

Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love

When a drunk truck driver claimed Lydia’s husband and son, her world shattered. The small town that once embraced her was now her personal hell. She made the decision to leave her hometown of Nazareth, Pennsylvania and move to Eastport, Maine, to start over in the last happy place she ever knew.

When the sea tried to claim Ryan, he was left a broken man. Starting over in a
Paperback
Published June 9th 2015 (first published June 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever

Start your review of Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love
Jessi
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I don't even know where to start. I absolutely loved this book! If it wasn't for work getting in the way I would have read it in one setting lol.

This story was so down to earth and real that you are just sucked right into the story line. The characters and story line are very well developed and have a depth to them that people can relate to. I loved that it wasn't a insta-romance, it had build up to that point that made it realistic.

Lydia's character was easy to relate to to and seemed ver
Lynn Smith
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC cope of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ryan caught in a storm on his boat wakes to find himself in the hospital with his legs paralyzed. Months of therapy and they are ready to send him home in his wheelchair. Lydia a home nurse is packing up her life to move After the death of her husband and son. She is finding it hard to pick up the pieces of her life. Keeping herself drugged with prescription medications isn't the way to heal. She is off to start a new life in E
Aaly
Shelves: arc, second-chances
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review.**
4.5 stars!
Great first novel, about two people who lost so much in their lives. Thank you for this story!
Review to come!

***********************************************************************
Forever : A lobster Kind of love was a beautiful, moving and sweet story about two people, both grieving and trying to heal from their loss, reunited by circumstances of life. I really don't know what to expect from this book; but I was taken by surprise, g
Monsterella Reviews
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story that had me laughing, crying, and enjoying every second!!!

Lydia had the life many dream of; a loving husband, a sweet son, and a job she enjoyed. Then one day it was taken away in the blink of an eye. A drunk driver annihilated any dreams she had of growing old with her husband and watching her two year old son grow up, graduate high-school, get married, and have a family of his own. She became a shell of her former self and decided she had to do something, had to move on.

R
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love is a great read. It's great inspirational story. I was expecting a romance novel but this story is way more than a romance novel.

Ryan is a fisherman who loves the sea. He suffers an accident which leaves him able to walk. He is a strong and independent guy. His new situation of being stuck in a wheelchair does not sit well with him, he struggles to come to terms with it.

Lydia has lost her husband and son in an accident. She's a mess and needs a change of scen
Melissa
A Great Debut Novel
I am really glad that I got the chance to review this book. It truly is a beautiful story, full of emotions, and so well written that you get the feeling that you are experiencing with the characters, not just reading about them. It really is s unique storyline which I totally loved. It is a very slow building sweet romance, between two people who have both been struggling in the aftermath of tragedy. I absolutely fell in love with Ryan and Lydia. Ryan is sweet, and witty, and
CeCe
DNF at 49%
My opinion and why it did not work for me.
Too much detail about everything. All the information was given to 36% could have been explained in 4 pages. The hero and heroine do not even meet until 36%. I got bored and annoyed with all the details. Even after the hero and heroine meet, there was still so much info that was irreverent to the story.
There was more dialogue with secondary characters than with the MCs. How can I connect?!?!? The author was probably trying to set up the story
Romance
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book right before bedtime and let me just say... This story is one you need to drop what you are doing for.
The story of Ryan and Lydia is one told by author who know what they are talking about. Ryan is brought to life. I kid you not, I was like who is he and where can I find him I need to hug him. I need to tell him his story of strength and determination is inspiring.
The dynamic duo, Jody Pardo and Jennifer Tocheny have given us more than a book boyfriend. Ryan will be remember
Michelle Rene
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love is a story about two people starting over for different reasons. For Ryan, life as he knew it has changed and Lydia is seeking a fresh start after a tragic event. If you are looking for an refreshing read then add this to you to be read list.
Christi Snow
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Rating: B

My Review:
I'm always nervous when I agree to read and review a debut novel. Sometimes the gamble pays off and I have a fabulous read and sometimes I have to write that dreaded DNF letter that I hate. Luckily, this book was a great gamble. I really enjoyed this story.

Ryan is a lobster fisherman who ends up as a paraplegic after a boating accident. The story starts with him waking up after his accident and chronicles the next year and a half to two years of his life.

Lydia is a home hea
Nicole
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great debut novel. It's an entertaining read, great for the beach or poolside. Romance lovers will enjoy this story.
Lydia and Ryan are both facing major life changes. Lydia's husband and son were killed in an accident, and she makes the decision to move to a small town in Maine. Ryan is injured in a boating accident, and after about a year in rehab, he is heading home, partially paralyzed. Lydia happens to be a nurse and her move coincides with Ryan's homecoming, so she is placed with
Jill M
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-sexy-men
4 Lobster Stars

As a debut book, I didn’t know what to expect when I picked this up. I was blown away with the unique storyline and captivating characters. It’s refreshing to read something different and unique when you read so many stories with the same concept of a story.

Ryan is a fisherman who becomes handicapped while at sea. Lydia is a widow and mother grieving for her family.

‘Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, and not obsess. Just breathe and have fai
Tracy
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This story is written in both Ryan and Lydia’s point of view. And we can feel her anguish over the loss of her boys, and his determination to not let the loss of his legs rob him of life. And in this there is a very valuable lesson. His body is broken but his spirit is strong, and her body is strong but her spirit is broken. And though she thinks she’s helping him out, he’s doing so much to mend her spirit.

There are characters outside of these two that I love. I LOVE the way they portrayed Craig
Kristen Johnson
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, blog-tour
Forever, a Lobster kind of love really strikes at your heart. It is emotional and heart breaking but also shows the inner strengths of people you often don't see until they are out in a situation they never expect.

Ryan awakens in a hospital bed, unable to do anything for himself. A boating accident has left him handicapped. Months of Therapy and rehab get him back into his home but he still requires daily assistance.

Lydia has left her hometown seeking a new beginning, left widowed and motherle
Crystal Yawn
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a heartwarming contemporary romance with a different twist than your normal book.
Ryan wakes up with his legs not working after a fishing accident, he now has to learn to live from a wheel chair, without his legs.
Lydia recently lost her husband and baby boy to a drunk truck driver, she has to learn to live without them. She packs up her things and moves to Maine where she becomes an in-home nurse to Ryan.
This story gives you warm fuzzies right from the start, you just want to grab onto Ryan
Heather Schrader
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Star Read
I was given a complimentary cooy in exchange for an honest review.

Lydia's life came to halt when her husband and son was killed by a drunk driver.
Leaving behind painful memories she returns to the one happy place she knows and thats Eastport Maine.
Starting over in a wheelchair is the last thing Ryan ever expected to have happen to him.
A lobster fisherman for life he expects to be out on the ocean not acting as a buoy.
When Lydia becomes his home care nurse he never realized that Lyd
Lora
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

This book was short and sweet. I finished it in a day and really loved how the characters came together and found the path they were meant for thru each other.

Ryan is in a boating accident and loses the use of his legs as a result. He spends a great deal of time in the hospital and rehab facility before going home and needing a full time nurse to help him at home.

Lydia has dealt with her share of tragedy as well. Her young son and husband were killed by a drunk driver and she f
Traci
Where do I begin ??!!
This is a fabulous story from two brand new authors. Kudos girls... what a fabulous job you did here. Ryan and Lydia are just amazing. They have both been through tremendous heartache and pain in their lives and separately they each wondered if they should just give up... but together .... OH MY GOD !! They make you laugh, cry, scream and then laugh some more. Ryan's sense of humor is just amazing, you cant help but love him.
Lydia, well i usually hate chicks, but you really
Rosalie Belle
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lydia and Ryan have both had to overcome adversity and a terrible hand of cards life has thrown at them. For Lydia, she lost the love of her life and only son to a drunk driver. Ryan, captain of a ship, was paralyzed doing what he loved on the sea. Dealing with life’s uncertainties, these two trudge into a brand new world, with brand new lives.
Moving to Maine to start over, Lydia, meets Ryan when she is assigned his hoe health nurse. From the very beginning, sparks fly between the two. It’s s
Louise McKie (Clare & Lou's Mad About Books)
I recieved an arc to read and review.

I am a total sucker for a love story and when there's drama involved it intrigues me even more.

Sure the title is a little unusual, but I think its really a sweet notion about lobsters.

Ryan's struggle with his tragic life changing accident is harrowing to read, it makes you really feel for him. How awful must that be to handle? To have your entire life change like that? To feel like you have no future? Jody and Jennifer totally captured the feelings and helpe
Beth  Diaz
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing surprise. A very different love story.

There is something amazing when stories of loss come around and people find their purpose in the sudden changes in their lives. Lydia finds herself a widow all of a sudden and doesn't know how to move on. The only way she finds it in her to do it is to move, so getting a transfer from her company she moves to Eastport, Maine, where her life will never be the same.

There is also a great thing about overcoming adversities. Ryan is a very har
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
A Sweet Read About Overcoming Life's Tragedies

Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love was a sweet surprise, as it not only told a beautiful story about a growing relationship, but it focused on opening ones heart and mind to rising above tragedy and looking at all life has to offer. I appreciated the stages of the relationship that gave a realistic perspective to a powerful romance and love that could withstand the test of time.

Lydia has lost her husband and young son to an automobile accident. Searchi
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I received an ARC cope of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Let me just start out saying I am pleasanlty surprised by this book. It is just a wonderful story and I truly loved it.

Ryan has had an accident when his boat is caught in a storm, he has been paralyzed. After he endures months oif therapy he is sent home in a wheelchair. Lydia has moved to Eastport to pick up the pieces after she loses her husband and son in a tragic accident. This story is a much more realistic look at romance
For the Love of Books
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I truly didn't know what to expect from this debut novel. But I got more brilliance than I could ever have hoped for. The storyline of this book is so unique, I read a lot and I haven't come across anything else similar to it. So bravo a unique book is hard to find!! I loved both main characters Ryan is full of fun and wit the manner in which he deals with his accident is awe inspiring. I am stealing some of his strength to help with my own disability!!! Lydia has had to deal with loss no ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this lovely story. I was drawn into the story from the first page, I found the narrative to be flowing and totally engrossing.

The story follows Lydia, a widow, grieving for her husband and son, who is moving to a new town to try and rebuild her shattered life. Ryan a Lobster fisherman, who has been paralysed in an accident on his trawler, has to learn to live a life without the use of his legs. Their story joins up when Lydia is designated as his at home nurse after
Dawn Sullivan
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love is about Ryan, a seaman who survives an accident at sea only to find out he is paralyzed, and Lydia, a woman who is trying to move on from the pain in her past.

I fell in love with Ryan and his quick wit right away. He is funny, sweet and a fighter. Even after losing the ability to walk, Ryan did not give up. He fought to overcome his disability, refusing to wallow in self pity even though he missed life at sea.

Lydia has her own issues she is struggling against. S
Momma Hellmouth
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-romance
My Rating 4.5 Lobster Stars
New Authors for me, and boy did they not disappoint this story has romance, and life tragedies that are written with such heartfelt emotion. I enjoyed this story of two people who are trying to get themselves
through what life has thrown at them. The writing is so well done you feel all the emotions of Ryan and Lydia. This book was a page turner and I couldn’t put it down. I read cover to cover it’s that good. This is an excellent debut n
Sarah Strawinski
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book a few days ago. It is a great book but I wish it had ended a little differently. I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger but it's almost as annoying. The ending did leave it open for a number two, which I'm hoping is in the works. I love the dynamics of the characters Lydia and Ryan. Their story is actually believable and could happen in real life, I loved that about it. I loved that Lydia moved from one small town to another one, but she fit better in her new home than in her ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tragedy can strike and take away everything you ever loved. But can it make you stronger? Yes! Can it bring you to a future you never thought you would have? Fate it's funny right.
This romance is simply more than just that, it is a story of surviving an overcoming tragedy. The rewards it gives you and the love you can get from you sorrow.
Ryan has lost the use of his legs, with that he has gained a frustration that threatens to overflow.
Lydia has lost her husband and her son. She moves to find a
Melissa Ann PA
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So Jody Pardo & Jennifer Tocheny’s debut novel Forever: A Lobster Kind of Love was wonderful. You are drawn into Ryan and Lydia’s life from the get go you feel for the loses that they have both sustained. You have Ryan who wants to be seen as more than a man that needs help. You have Lydia who wants a new life but feels like she is cheating on her own. They are both healing in their own way which happens to bring their lives together in Eastport, Maine a small town that the people look out for t ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Jody was born and raised in New York City and is an only child of an English professor. After 9/11/2001 and a line of duty injury, she left her role as an EMT with FDNY-EMS for a quieter life. She pursued Bachelor's degrees at Arizona State University in Molecular Biosciences and English. Her love of books and introduction to the Indie book world led to many wonderful friendships, and the drive to ...more