Start by marking “The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)

The Life

(The Russian Guns #2)

*Please Note, The Life is not a standalone title. The first book in The Russian Guns series (The Arrangement) should be read before the second book*

The mafia life is a dangerous one revolving around honor, duty, and greeda troublesome thing like love isnt meant to play a part, but no one follows the rules.

Surrounded by men waiting for the Russian mob boss to show weakness,
Published May 27th 2015 by Bethany-Kris (first published August 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life

Start your review of The Life (The Russian Guns, #2)
Bev
Re-read June 2019.

4.5 stars.

This was so different from The Arrangement, yet fitted perfectly in with their story and carried it forward on to the last book in their story. This was definitely more focussed on Anton and Vine as a couple and the pregnancy, rather than the Bratva life.

I'm still totally head over heels for Anton .... be still my beating heart. This man just slays me with how he loves Vine.

I'm worried about the next book, methinks the doodoo is so going to hit the fan at mach speed
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it

The second book in The Russian Guns series shows that the marriage of Anton and Viviana is going strong but there are a lot of issues these two are dealing with. There is no rest being the Boss and for Viviana, her schooling and pregnancy and being The Bosss wife makes up her world. What makes these two more special is that their connection grows more intense and fierce as does their love for one another.

I did find that this book followed The Life that Vine and Anton were leading a little too
ღTierraღ
This book shows a wonderful new chapter in Anton and Vine's life together as they prepare for the birth of their first child. I loved continuing to see Anton and Vine grow in their relationship although secrets need to be kept between them to ensure Vine's safety. In this book readers see a new side to Anton as he battles the betrayal of a brigadier, the failing health of his father and mentor, and adding a new title to his long list..Father. Viviana continues to make me fall more and more in ...more
Deborah
Nov 14, 2015 rated it liked it

3.5 stars.

I have to start this review by saying how much I loved the previous book 'The Arrangement' it had everything I look for in a read, romance, hot alpha male, intelligent beautiful female who doesn't make stupid decisions and I can't stress that last part enough, plus it had an interesting story that keep me hooked.
I couldn't wait to start this book so what went wrong?
Honestly I'm not sure I just felt it kind of lost its way somehow, we still have Anton and he's just as hot and loves
Ashley
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
too many tears were shed. too many.
Winter Sophia Rose
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming, Sexy & Insanely Intense! I Loved It!
Keya
How can I even start this review?!

This series has everything I look for in books! It has the family aspect, the mystery factor, the thrilling aspect, action packed, blinding love, great friendship, loyalty, betrayal, even some emotional scenes. (Anton and His father. or whenever he speaks of him will gets those eyes wet!)And on top of that the writing is flawless so it captures all those elements flawlessly.

I love how there were no exaggerations. You know how you always get those books where
Sabrina
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
When I read the title I didn't actually expect the DAILY life of our king and queen!
Too slow at some points and less guns at others....still with some drama, suspense and lovemaking to keep me going!!

On to the next one!
Rachel K
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come...
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

The story picked up seven months into Vivianas pregnancy.

Yes, I love Anton and Vine and there are still some mafia stuff that needs to be done, but I was a little disappointed actually. Of course, more blood were actually spilled but the overly love was too much for me it kinda come across as sappy for me. I mean, okay, I know Antons character and I actually the efforts he had gone through and the sweetness of it all, but I think it was so much it is more of being a showy for me. Although I

Tina Manuel
Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
2.5*
Got too boring, I had to skim alot just to finish it.
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Unfortunately for me this is one of those reviews that is hard to write without giving away spoilers so I am going to be purposefully vague in this review. Everything that I loved about this story would give things away! I will have to just say that The Life was an excellent continuation of The Arrangement. If you are a fan of contemporary mob stories this series is definitely a need to read.

I enjoyed that a large part of the book deals with the building of trust between Vine and Anton as well
Mspraise50
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is continuation of Vine and Anton's story. Vine now knows the truth of her heritage and she was mad at first but she understands why Anton could not tell her this truth.

Anton and Vine grow together as a couple and Anton has to protect Vine from the threats aimed at him and her as individuals and as a couple. He continues to demonstrate his utter love and devotion to her and this puts her in jeopardy because of course his enemies will use his love for her against him.

Another great chapter
Snow
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another Awesome Work By Bethany-Kris...
It's been awhile since I started the Russian guns series...I loved Anton and Viviene in book 1, so even if I was "taken" away from reading the book 2 right away, I had no trouble coming back into the mobster's environment even after several loooong months...
and that's the beauty of Bethany's writing style, it grips you and doesn't let go until you are mind blown...
Joymzz
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My god! I totally forgot what rating I gave the first one but this book was out of this world. I honestly love every minute of. I just can't get over all of the emotions I got out of this one. Great ending also.
I already read the review of book 3 and it's flipping scary! I can't see Anton in jail, I just can't. Sigh. But no matter what I can't wait to read it.
Elfina Renee
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sopranos meet Good Fellows and the God Father. For some reason book two was the better read. Sure in book one the author was building up the characters and storyline. But The Life was way more intense, with a lot of drama and action.
Soshi_fan
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love mob/mafia novels you need to read this series. It hits all the right spots. The only downside is the wait for the third and final novel. There's a sneak peak at the end of this novel that leaves the reader at the edge of her seat.5+ stars for this one.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, bethany-kris

*Read thru Kindle Unlimited*
Shirley
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 Stars

After reading the first 50% of this book I felt it was dragging a little and put it to bed for a wee while. After having a rest I started it back up again and boy am I glad I did as I really enjoyed the second half, it certainly kicked up a notch after about 55-60%
I do think this could have been a much shorter book but I still ended up really liking it.
Kerri’s Reading Corner
I have been harassing Bethany-Kris for this book since the moment I finished the Arrangement. Anton and Vine are probably one of my favorite mafia couples and I just can't get enough of them! The Life picks up a few months after The Arrangement left off and in true Bethany Kris fashion it is jam caked with drama and suspense. This story took some surprising turns that left me panicking; I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Vine is diagnosed with gestational diabetes and being pregnant her
Lauren Taylor
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so mad @ myself for reading this book so fast but it was soooooo good, I just couldn't put it down. This book begins a few months after book 1 ended, with Vine in her last trimester & she and Anton are now married. They are blissfully happy but a series of strange events begin to concern Anton & then Vine is diagnosed with gestational diabetes so he keeps all of his concerns from her. This leads to tension & hurt feelings especially with Vine's hormones out of whack. Wow....it's ...more
tyrianpurple
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Boring.
Bored me to the sleep. And i forced myself to finish this book.

In 30% end, the story began to develop into something more interesting.
The majority of this book tells us about the progession of trust between Vine-Anton. Plus all the pregnancy issues.

Even at the more interesting part, it gave major dissapointment, like,
#1
the most anticipated war scene is being cut out. after teasing ME, more than half of the book. just like that? ok.
#2
Also, the labor scene is being cut out. so then whats
Erin Tanner
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic sequel. I loved how the story picked up with the lives of Anton and Vine. The author paints a clear picture of how much these two love and care for one another. I also really appreciated that even though we can clearly see that Anton is a man who loves his wife and will do anything to show her, the author wasn't afraid to show his ruthless side and all of the bloodiness associated with living "the life." The author does a great job of making you root for Anton despite ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r
Wow I can't get my head to stop spinning around. The author has once again blew me away with another great novel. I'm happy to say I have a new favorite author to add to my ever growing list. The main characters are out of this world wonderful, you can't get enough of the romance you end up craving more and more. :) The story seems like it has multiple POVs but really its just the way it reads. I do however recommend that you read book 1 first as it all blends rather well together.

***I received
Sonya
A superior follow up to Book 1, The Arrangement. It seems to me the author truly dotted all of the "I's" and crossed all of the "T's".
Mellisa Demille
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love this mafia series so in these days!!!
Wendy Koenig
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, steamy, romantic, and thoroughly tough. I love this book, but I read it out of order. Now I have to go back and read the first book. HAVE TO. Good job. Good author.
Hayley
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this second installment! Can't wait to start the 3rd!
Nstefa
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The marriage and the life of the bratva is a difficult one! Who to trust??? Who will die??? Will they make it through this life!!! Awesome!!!!
Yoneidis Martín Martínez
In this second book of the story of Anton and Viviana, the couple has already been married for several months and Viviana is in her last trimester of pregnancy. Although their love is still strong as ever, they also go through some troubles due to the lack of communication between them.
The Pahkan in Jersey, Sergei Belov, and his daughter Tatiana( Antons ex) have a plan to attack and hurt Anton where it hurts him the most: Viviana.
Antons father is getting sicker and sicker and his end is near and
« previous 1 3 next »
Can't Wait!! 2 7 May 31, 2014 04:22PM

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • The Rocchetti Queen (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #3)
  • In the Beginning (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Until the End (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • The Final Hour (Volkov Bratva, #3)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)
  • Syn. (Den of Mercenaries, #6)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • Black Swan (The Kingmaker Saga, #3)
  • Iris. (Den of Mercenaries, #7)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Down the Line (Volkov Bratva, #4.6)
  • Red Herring (The Kingmaker Saga #4)
  • Acquainted
  • White Rabbit: The Fall (The Kingmaker Saga, #2)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

The Russian Guns (5 books)
  • The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)
  • The Score (The Russian Guns, #3)
  • Demyan & Ana (The Russian Guns, #4)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)

News & Interviews