Start by marking “Our Fair Eden” as Want to Read:
Our Fair Eden

Our Fair Eden

Welcome to Eden, citizen. The fate of the world is in your hands. Don't forget to wipe your feet!

Our Fair Eden is a near-future dystopian mystery, marrying technothriller with hard sci-fi against a background of climate change and spellbinding narrative.

It’s 2087, and the Earth’s climate is in wild fluctuation. The Amazon Basin is a sun-baked graveyard, the Gobi is blossom
Published February 15th 2015 by Radden Press

To ask other readers questions about Our Fair Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Fair Eden

Nadine Matheson
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s 2087 and the world as we know it is gone and millions of people are searching for pastures new. Our Fair Eden tells the story of Desh who has won the lottery organised by the UN. The prize? The opportunity to live in Eden Prime and to help with the task of building a brand new world. Well, as we all know, life in the Garden of Eden never ended well and all is not what it seems at Eden Prime.

Desh quickly realises that beyond, the sanitized exterior, the ideals of working together to achieve
Ian Walker
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, dystopia, what more can be said about it? What new wrinkle can be wrung from it? Surely it has all been said and done?

Then along comes Mr. Manners. Read and review this for me he says! Fine, I shall put it on my list, I say but I have two ahead of it.

I finally get around to it, hoping I'll be able to say I honestly liked it.

Unfortunately, I can't say that. I can only say I honestly LOVED it. :)

The world itself is interesting though not too far from some scenarios we've already seen. Ah, but
Liquid Frost
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
My bookshelf, both real and virtual, is filled with apocalyptic, dystopian stories. Whether zombies, Electro-Magnetic Pulses, aliens, disease, or a society with handmaids, I find dystopian settings pretty entertaining. This book is just a downer.

Our Fair Eden - is in its own level of depressive escapism and it stays there from beginning to end; one of the more bleakest, saddest stories I have read in quite awhile. I would compare it to 1984 - the movie, not the book - in its stark, slower paced
Brett Wilkes
Aug 11, 2015 rated it liked it
My overall impression of "Our Fair Eden" is of a smaller scale "Hunger Games" or "Divergent" (impressions made without the benefit of having read either of those book series). This is intended to be a compliment as I very much enjoy both of these stories. And though similar, "Our Fair Eden" took a slightly different approach to the humanity-on-the-ropes trope - sending the survivors of global catastrophe off to an oasis in a desolate landscape as the best hope of continuing the human race. And e ...more
Sam
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our Fair Eden was so close to being a 4 or 5 star book for me. The concept and setting was great. Future communities are started to preserve the human race and led by the best minds the world has to offer. As societies grow, things must change. Fortunately, Mother Eden is eager to facilitate the necessary change to make Eden an oasis in the current wasteland of the world.
This book missed the mark for me with an unanticipated and unexplored relationship and some strange choices, or lack thereof,
Ceh131973
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[Harry Manners] sent me [Our Fair Eden] after I had reviewed a few other things he has written and said I would enjoy it. He was right! The whole concept of dystopia came as a push back to utopian ideals. Essentially what happens when ones utopia is not another's and it all goes wrong. That is what this novel addresses. Again [Manners] dark story telling style kept me intrigued. It lets me know others see the dark side of humanity as well.
Alisha Thompson
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best book I have read this year. This book kept me guessing and turning pages until the very end at which point I was left dizzy and wanting for the characters. I grew attached to the characters fast and page after page fell head first into a nightmare that I could see coming true for anyone in the future. This book sang a song to community and family that was beautiful and disgusting all in one sweep.
Darren
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot. I received this as an e-book from the author which I read on my laptop. It was well written. I like the author's imagination it. I also like the variety of characters in it. I hope to read more from this author.
Andrea Mcbride
Great story ! However if your looking for a happy ever after you will not get it here !!! Wish we could have got some kind of happy though !
Tracey
Sean
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Book Junkies: Dystopian Sci-fi, Our Fair Eden 6 7 Feb 28, 2015 04:41PM
Dystopia Land: Dystopian Sci-fi, Our Fair Eden 2 20 Feb 23, 2015 01:52PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Dystopian sci-fi, Our Fair Eden 1 7 Feb 23, 2015 05:51AM

• Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • Alien Shadows (Alien Hunters, #3)
  • Clan
  • Her Bull Rider's Baby (A Cowboy of Her Own, #2)
  • A Broken Life (Paula Mitchell, P. I., #2)
  • Bigger Things
  • Distiller's Choice (Bourbon Springs, #4)
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • The Lover's Knot (No Better Angels, #2)
  • Heir Today Gone Tomorrow (It's Reigning Men #2)
  • Pawn's Dream
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • Jock
  • Supernatural Freak (Supernatural Freak, #1)
  • Broken Glamour (The Glamour Series, #2)
  • Valley of the Moon
  • Man Made Murder (Blood Road Trilogy, #1)
  • Love Song (Instrumental): A Hidden Springs Novel
Harry Manners is a British author of science fiction and fantasy. His work revolves around themes of isolation and destiny, the power inside, and good old-fashioned battles between good and evil.

When he's not writing, he spends his days as a science student, reads everything he can get his hands on, and occasionally chats about science on the radio.

Website: http://www.harrymanners.com