Start by marking “Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)

Twilight Phantasies

(Wings in the Night #1)

Book 1 in Maggie Shayne’s Bestselling Wings in the Night Series

The Thin Line between Love and Death…

In two centuries of living death, vampire Eric Marquand had learned to live with the cruel fate that had condemned him to walk forever in shadow, forever alone. Then he found the woman he knew was meant for him—and understood that to possess her was to destroy her.

Against a

Published June 15th 2015 by MIRA (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Twilight Phantasies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twilight Phantasies

Elizabeth Burgess
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through the first few chapters I wasn't enjoying this book but by the end I was wrapped up in the storyline. The plot beyond the romance really held my attention despite some predictable moments. At the beginning I felt lost but as the story unfolded I am glad the author held out on details upfront to bring more of a mystery/suspense feel. I also enjoyed the author's take on vampires -- some aspects I had heard before but there were still some original twists. The only negative for me - Lack of ...more
Jasmyn
I picked this up as my first book on my new Nook ereader because I somehow got my hands on book 12 in this series and wanted to at least read the first one before reading number twelve. I found it for waaaay to much money online or 2.99 in electronic format...so electronic it was!

Twilight Phantasies is the story of a very special woman named Tamara. Tamara works for a top secret government agency that tracks and studies people with "unusual" abilities. He guardian also works for this agency trac
Jessica
This was okay. I definitely wish that the female lead, Tamara, would have been a bit stronger, not so docile. I do like the male, Eric. I don't really see how they are such a good match.

The pacing of the story was good, not fast, not slow. I do wish there was more relationship building.
Megan
This book is about Tamara Dey (a Chosen- i.e. special blood type that contains a Belladonna antigen- they die early because of it and are the only humans that can be changed into vampires) and Eric Marquand - a vampire scientist of sorts. Jameson Bryant is a boy in this book- he will have his story in Born in Twilight.
Delta
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of vampire romance
Gaynell
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shayne-maggie
Maggie Shayne is a new author for me. I was given a couple books in this series (and being the way that I am), I had to get the earlier books to read before I read the two given to me - that is after I had read a lot of good reviews about her books. I enjoyed reading the book. I am also glad that the three main characters are in the second book.
Kelly
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new vampire series for me!!!! Loved it. Everyone I have talked to says that each book in the series gets better and better!!! This one was wonderful so I cannot wait to read the next.!
Emily
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Oooh, I really liked this vampire romance. It was romantic and intense. I wish I had telepathic abilities with my "chosen one," aka my husband.
AG Reads
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
Reread
Jessica
2.5 stars. This is another prime example of a good story ruined by poor writing. The heroine is a sniveling moron. She cries almost the entire book over every little thing. And she was waaaay TSTL...lets count some of the ways: fall for total stranger but still believe family's lies about him, climb over fence (nearly killing self) and break into stranger's house to see if hes a vampire, bring another persons child into a violent situation, defend your abuser. I could actually keep going but you ...more
Kazen
Feb 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was originally published in 1993 so I was ready to give it all kids of leeway. In the first 60% the heroine lacks agency but other lovely things are going on. The vampire hero is the protective sort and is looking out for her. His best vampire friend is an interesting character in his own right. There's an "I knew you before I met you" thing. I'm in need of a comfort read, I was able to forgive.

But then my brain got scrambled. Tamara gets a flat while driving home and the car doesn't h
AnnaBanana
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to AnnaBanana by: Michelle Leah Olson
This was a great story, so sweet! I really wish I had found this series before now. I love her take on vampires, I love that it's an ordinary romance but the man is a vampire, I love that she's not some weak woman always running fromhim. She had her doubts but she got over them. I can't stand it when the woman in a book spends the WHOLE book conflicted about the same thing. She had conflicts but they were always evolving. I really liked this book and I recommend this to all vampire lovers but be ...more
Shell
This wasn't a bad beginning to the series, but it wasn't something that was spectacular either. Eric is definately old fashioned in his thinking of "I have to save you", and Tamara is a bit too needy and lost, but that maybe due to the lack of sleep she's getting. There are several open storylines that I hope the author will explore, and I want to know more about Jamey, the Chosen that Tamara is partial to. Book 2 is with Roland, and he has a definate Yummy factor, but again, seems "old worldish ...more
Mutia fatimah
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"jangan meminta maaf karena telah menciumku, karena telah menyentuhku, Tamara. Belaianmu adalah hadiah yang berharga bagi raja mana pun... Yang akan selalu ku syukuri setiap kali kau memilih untuk menganugerahkannya. " -Eric Marquand -
Vicki
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-nook, paranormal
Very good series. Alike to Feehan or Kenyon. Should be read in order if you enjoy following the characters as they are introduced and evolve into their own stories. The first four (without anthologies) are very closely related. Available as ebook bundle at Barnes & Noble very reasonably priced.
Jj
I actually chose this book because I read it was pretty good...So I have great expectations.. I can say that it is sensual and although it has the "typical" chicles about vampires, the love story between Erik and Tamara is priceless! Cant wait to start the next book! ...more
Crystal
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read these in the bundle but wanted to rate each individually too. This book was a great beginning to the series. True characters and believeable situations.
Carly
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
loved this book! very well written and just couldn't get enough of it, read it all night long!!!!
Vivianne
Sep 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good!!!
Nice, nice, nice!!
I feel this book was written in '90s, for reference to clothing, for tiny details, the atmosphere...however good!
Angela
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katrina and Nicole
Shelves: paranormal
This book is amazing. I got sucked in (no pun intended LOL) from page 1. Maggie Shayne is an amazing author. The storyline is excellent, and the passion and love scenes just set you on fire.
Carrie Marshall
This is my first Maggie Shayne book. I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the story line and explanations as well as creativity. I love a good vampire romance story!
Tiesha
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really good, it cut to the chase really fast, but then there's a problem. it was really really good *thumbs up* :D
Veronica Borgan
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is my fav by Maggie Shayne :) I love the characters and the storyline! It's a must read :)
Claudia237
Sep 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A too stupid to live heroine and a very not smart vampire go around in a very boring story. Didn't like it
Ameaka
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book! I just started the second one and it promises to be much better. Can't wait!
Win
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
terlalu singkat buat cerita vampire..tp overall bagus bgt^^
Francesca Morelli
L'inizio non è stato male.
E' precipitato quando l'azione si è spostata ai giorni nostri.
L'impressione che mi ha dato è stata una scopiazzatura d'originale Dracula, in cui Tamara era al posto della moglie dell'avvocato che era la copia della defunta moglie di Dracula.
Per non parlare della trovata del sangue particolare.
E vogliamo aggiungere la delicatezza di modi e di spirito di questo vampiro?
In giro ci sono uomini molto più crudeli di Eric.
Quando pensavo che il romanzo avesse raggiunto il fondo
Psycgirl
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. She was a little too Mary Sue for me.
Elisa Vangelisti
Aug 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abbandonato
È molto romantico e tanto dolce, ma è terribilmente leeento! A un terzo della lettura mi arrendo. Gli ho dato più di una possibilità, ma il testo è datato e si sente. Passionale, intenso, ben costruito, ma noioso. Peccato.
Kathy
see wings of night 1-3
Twilight Phantasies

Eric - French Revolution, 1793, an honorable aristocrat who got arrested after getting his mother and sister to safety... before his beheading, Roland shows up - a man who has saved his life twice as a child, comes to him in prison, and they exchange blood, and he is turned... Roland is a vampire, who has watched over Eric, a Chosen, with a blood antigen that makes him a potential vampire...

200 years later... Eric has been lonely, and he is drawn to child
Goodreads Librari...: Opinions on bundles and single books (wrongly merged) 3 37 May 04, 2014 10:01AM
  • Strangers In The Night (Wings in the Night, #4)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • The Highwayman (Wicked Games #1)
  • Midnight Embrace
  • Shattered Glass (Austra Family, #1)
  • Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8) (Knights, #0.6)
  • Beneath A Blood Red Moon (Alliance Vampires #1)
  • Midnight Kiss (Midnight, #1)
  • The Ravencliff Bride
  • Never Been Bit (Gentlemen Vampyres, #3)
  • Sexy Beast (Sexy Beast #1)
  • Deadly Redemption (Daughters of Myth #3)
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more

Wings in the Night (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twilight Memories (Wings in the Night, #2)
  • Twilight Illusions (Wings in the Night, #3)
  • Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)
  • Twilight Hunger (Wings in the Night, #7)
  • Embrace the Twilight (Wings in the Night, #8)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
  • Before Blue Twilight (Wings in the night #10.5 - A prequel Novella)
  • Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Demon's Kiss (Wings in the Night #13)