Start by marking “One Breath at a Time” as Want to Read:
One Breath at a Time

One Breath at a Time

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Alecia Moore is 21, she studies in Berkeley University. She often visits her parents in the Seattle area on weekends. During one of those visits, she literally stumbles on Spencer Davies, a 24-year-old photographer with a devastating smile. It is love at first sight for both of them. But when Spencer reveals she suffers from an incurable disease, Alecia's painful past come ...more
Published May 20th 2015 by Gaëlle Cathy (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about One Breath at a Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Breath at a Time

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of One Breath at a Time
Christine Close
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Stars

I was sent this book by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Jenna
It took me a long time to start this novel. It was sitting on my Kindle for weeks before I managed to get around to it, largely because there are only so many ways a novel can end when the blurb mentions 'terminal illness' without also mentioning witchcraft or angels, and dealing with the death of a romantic lead isn't my favorite pastime.

Still, I came into this book predisposed toward liking it due to my fondness for the author's first book, When the River Flows out of its Bed. While that novel
Inked Reads
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-f
FiveStars
Wow! This book is so beautifully crafted and so full of love and hope it is awe-inspiring. When I first started reading I thought it was going to be a poignant love story, how wrong I was. The main character's portrayed traits both of great courage and human vulnerability. They supported each other whenever the other needed, with love, encouragement and consolation. The supporting characters each played a pivotal role in this well researched emotional novel.

Although I was brought to tea
Loek Krancher
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, this isn't just a romance. It's much more than that.

Wow, I am totally gutted. The only thing I can think of now is to Spencer. All her pain, her fight, their deep love for each other. I was familiar with this disease but that this disease has such a big impact on a person's body and life, that I've never realized. This story is so real, so with intense feelings. It has touched me deeply. I have a great admiration for this writer, for how she has written this story.
Lara Estes
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of true love. Two young women both dealing with issue that have kept them from love. That is until they meet and know from moument they looked into each other eyes that they were made for each other. Gaëlle CATHY has written a superb story of love that will draw you into each character. The prefect book to curl up with, but don't forget the tissues.
Roxann
I received this book from First Reads. It is a short read but it is also mostly dialogue and I’m not accustomed to those types of books. It’s a romance, but also a book dealing with death, friendship, understanding and strength. The story behind it is wonderful, but I didn’t like the style of writing.
Gina
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, fiction
I received this book as a first read. It was a slow, pedestrian read that would have benefited from editing. The book is more dialogue than story but the dialogue is relatable if a bit redundant.
kaye d.hall
Jul 12, 2019
Onix_Octarina
May 27, 2015
Elinor L. Crowley
rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2015
Rayna
Carla Wells

• Something to Talk About
  • Different Worlds
  • The True Queen (Sorcerer Royal, #2)
  • Fitting In
  • Nocere
Born in 1978 in the South of France, I share my life between the quiet mountains of Ardèche and big city Lyon, France. I wrote poems as a teen but mostly songs. Very early, I developed a passion for the English language and the USA, which I visited often. The TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer sealed those two passions when I began writing fan fictions. Over 70 during the course of 6 years before fi ...more

News & Interviews