Start by marking “Less Than Forever (Love Always #3)” as Want to Read:
Less Than Forever (Love Always #3)

Less Than Forever

(Love Always #3)

*This book can be read as a standalone*

Raven Daniels and Dorian Thomas have been best friends since college. But while the free-spirited bond they share holds their relationship together, it’s also the reason they both know they’re better off as friends—flirty friends, but friends.

So when Raven decides to leave her old life and cheating ex behind in Fort Worth and move to
Published June 2015

To ask other readers questions about Less Than Forever, please sign up.

Start your review of Less Than Forever (Love Always #3)
Nia Forrester
Since I read the first two books in this series, falling into Less Than Forever felt like becoming reacquainted with old friends, which is appropriate since it's a story about friends falling in love, or at least, finally getting to a place in their lives where they can openly acknowledge that they always have been in love.

Dorian is 'The Man', the playboy, the one among Raven's circle of longtime friends who has the gift of the gab and is extremely popular with the ladies. While they have always
Delaney Diamond
I impatiently waited for this novel about Dorian and Raven to drop, and when it did, I was so glad. I’m happy to report that Ms. Howard didn’t disappoint. This couple was cute and funny and the sex between them was sensual and sweet. You could almost feel the emotions as well as the lust. That one scene against the wall...wow.

The thing that I enjoyed in this novel is what I’ve enjoyed in Howard’s other books—the fact that you take the journey with the couple and watch them grow closer, sort out
--karen Green-berry
Dorian & Raven- BRAB ONLINE BOOK

Ever since I met Dorian and Raven in Better Than Okay, I have wanted to read their story. Their chemistry was just jumping off the pages and I just knew they would be good together. Well, she did not disappoint, this book was the absolute page-turner for me.

Their story was written with the right amount of drama, humor and terrific sex scenes that just jumped off the pages. I really enjoyed the series and hope that sometime in the future the author may consider a "
Deloris
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
APB Perspective Reviews :
I Loved the first book in the "Love Always Series ( Better Than Okay)" and I love the third book in the series just as much. Dorian, we finally get to know him better , he was more than I expected, more loving , more sensitive and a little bit of a asshole but not the way I thought he would be. Sometimes when a man is in a relationship, he does what he wants and not what the woman needs , I felt Dorian was that way . Raven insecurities were understandable , but a little
Anita
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just loved this book and it's characters so much. I'm really grateful that I've been reading authors like Jacinta lately. I'm a HUGE romance fan but I've only been reading about people that look like me very recently. It's so important and it's so vital that you have books like this that remind you that all types of people fall in love - not just attractive white people. Thank you for doing what you do Jacinta.
Nicole
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More greatness from a favorite author

This is my favorite of her books so far. Raven is just real. her hopes, struggle, experience and pain are just real and soon relatable. Which makes the realization of her relationship with Dorian all the more rewarding.
Lustful Literature
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
**MEGAN'S REVIEW**

Friends to more is always a hard concept for me to fall hard for when reading. I have certain key elements that have to come across for me to really connect and feel the fall for the couple. With Less Than Forever, I am starting with an added bonus… it’s part of a series! Which means I already have a fond love for these characters.

Although, the blurb tells you this is a standalone, I think you are doing yourself an injustice by not reading the other books in the series (let al
Wilki
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Raven has finally settled in since her move to Miami, but when tragedy strikes near to the heart she finds she's out of sorts with her feelings for her long time friend, Dorian. For years 'Chipmunk' and 'Clarence' have been there for each other, but when friends turn to lovers and old wounds bring about fresh insecurities, will this picture perfect friendship survive..or will coloring outside the lines bring about a forever kind of love?

I had to take a sec to formulate this review. Whew, I will
Deena
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, Jacinta Howard knocks it out of the park again! Thanks for taking on Dorian and Raven's journey to real, grown- up love. And thanks for giving Chrissy a grown man to love, as well. She's been through enough clowns, lol.

i really enjoyed getting to know Dorian, Raven, Bryan and Destiny, and I hate to see this series come to an end, but I'm pretty sure Ms. Howard is hard at work creating new characters to fall in love with. I can't wait to meet them!

Thanks so much for another great story!
Letitia Day
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Realistic love story with a great ending

I loved how this book gave a real perspective on love and relationships. This book showed that the friendship which led to live endured the trials because there was a solid foundation. I was feeling all of the frustrations, the anger , the happiness and sadness , the uncertainty and glad when the clarity showed the the love they shared kept them ultimately together ! I loved this love story !!!!
Deirdre Davis
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3

Dorian and Raven's story leaves you smiling as you flip the pages! I can join other readers by saying I have NOW read everything that Jacinta Howard has written. She's a gifted and talented writer. Her characters are fun , sometimes serious and always love hard!! I always end up with my own soundtrack after I finish because music is always mentioned but not overbearing for me it helps me visualize the characters. Looking forward to reading more from Ms. Howard!!
Tammy
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jacinta Howard is a delightful storyteller. This is my favorite of this series and second only to her first novel Happiness in Jersey. There is a depth to her work that very few writers of this genre reach consistently. The character development is exceptional. The humor and flow of the dialog are perfect.
Teresa Mcmillian
Enjoyable Book

This was my favorite of the series. Raven and Dorian were best friends through the years and we go through their transition to more. This was a nice conclusion to the series.
Benita Cleaves
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Always series rocks!

I the writing style of Jacinta, her books have so much personality. Loved the relationships she developed with the different characters. I loved Brian and Destiny and truly adore Dorian and Raven. Great work Jacinta!!
Kat
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mel
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I knew Dorian and Raven had chemistry in the first two books in the series and I was excited that the author chose to let a relationship blossom between them. Very sensual read.
lt4life
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 but it was worth rounding up. I enjoyed the series as a whole

This book is slower than the others

I don’t like raven’s description of shad boring and safe. She’s def using him. And to call his unmanly 🙄 I hope she does right by him and let him go instead of dooming him out. Don’t mess him up fir the next girl. Plus she knows how it feels for someone to treat her shitty

Dorian is always the jokester I’m glad to see him get emotional. I love his quick wit always

Dorian- so what was that? *Raven te
Geautaye Monts
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Cute Story

Raven and Dorian. While I was reading part about Brian and Destiny I couldn’t wait to hear the Clarence and Chipmunk story. It was a roller coaster that I loved the entire time. Didn’t expect the nicknames origin to be so simple, and that’s what made the story good. It was just real. Could say I had a favorite part, didn’t really think about it. Until “Voyage to Atlantis “ being played!!! (Note Isley Bro top ten smoothest ever) I almost fainted. Great song for a great moment.
DJ
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautifully written book by Ms. Howard.

I enjoyed the long friendship of the characters that turned into wonderful life long lovers. It is reading wonderful urban stories with well educated and strong brothers that allows me to counter what the media is always promoting about our brothers. Ms.Howard portrays real brothers that exist in her books and I LOVE it! Us sisters have always been the the Bomb! This was a very enjoyable read.

April
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Took me awhile to get back to jacinta’s world, but I decided to have a book binge with her characters. I enjoyed getting lost in there world and I did feel a slight sadness once I was all out stories.

Looking forward to more in the near future!
Marlene Caldwell
Indeed!

Love endures! This is only the third book I’ve read by this author. I enjoyed every bit of Chipmunk and Clarence’s trials.
Lakimbac
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

Loved Dorian and Raven’s story. I kept putting it on hold because I didn’t want the series to end. Once I started reading, I could not put it down. Jacinta is able to portray her characters with such a sense of familiarity that I feel as if I know them on a personal basis. I can’t to see what’s next from her💕💕
Brynette Turner
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning, Jacinta Howard’s characters deal with their feelings in a raw and honest way that draws the reader into the inner workings of their hearts. We see them confront their desires and fears head on and the collisions are mesmerizing.

There’s a naturalness and realness to the way Dorian and Raven stumble around and through their evolving emotions. This novel beautifully nails the truth about falling in love—we might as well stop fighting. As Dorian said to Raven early in the s
Vondetta Carter
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was waiting for this and the story was great. Raven and Dorian were friends since college. However, theirs was a complicated friendship. Dorian was in love with Raven. However, because of hurts from his past, he chose the life of a player. Their "friendship" without benefits covered a few years. Raven lost her grandfather and it devistated her. "Clarence" was there on so many levels for her. Things changed, they played around. However, Raven knew she could not tolerate Clarence's antics as a p ...more
Ayo Joy
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no love without trust

This is my favorite story of the series. Dorian and Raven had the perfect friendship: they knew each other well, they had each other's back, they understood one another and could anticipate each other's needs. The love they had for each other was solid and undeniable to everyone around them. A man and woman who have a strong attraction to one another cannot remain in the friend zone forever. Once these two explore physical intimacy all emotional havoc breaks loose.
Tina Young
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Conclusion to this Magnificent Series about Love...

Jacinta Howard once again treats her readers to a well written, life learning, and amazingly love filled story about two people who had to learn and understand their true love for each other. Character chemistry was on point and oozed off of the pages from beginning to end as usual for this author's work. Even though I figured that this would be the climax to this series going into the read, I still want more, lol. I'm not going to spoil
evette w
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Good

I could give this story a standing ovation,but I don't want to look like a nut so I"ll go with five stars.This was a fantastic ending to a worthy series.The entire.story felt.so very.real.This was definitely a good experience on love and choices.I just loved the good feeling you got from this story.and the sexiness.Well done to the writer for going out with a bang the same way she started.
Cheryl
Loved it!!

I have read this book no less than six times. Jacinta is masterful storyteller! This is a beautiful love story about two people who are friends at the core but find themselves falling in love very naturally. Just the right amount and very appropriate HOT loving! Dorian and Raven are one of my favorite couples.
Sheena Johnson
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author!

I hope that this isn't the last of this series. Raven and Dorian have to get married and Raven and Destiny have to be pregnant together. Plus, my boy Nathan need a story. Enough of that. Raven and Dorian are so freaking cute together! Their love is fun, sporadic, appetizing, erotic and genuine. It grew from respect and friendship. I love this author!
I can't wait! 1 9 May 22, 2015 06:15PM

• Oops!
  • Uncovered Truths: A Novella
  • Release Some Tension
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • Whoa.: An "Oops!" Spinoff Novella
  • Jah (Them Boys #2)
  • I Think I Might Need You (Love Sisters #2)
  • A Sweet Heart: A Hale Girls novella
  • I Didn't Mean To Fall In Love
  • The Culmination of Everything (Sugar Valley #1)
  • Love Unsolicited
  • The Point of It All (Sugar Valley #2)
  • Baggage Claimed
  • Magnolia: A Perfect Love (Flower Sisters, #1)
  • Summer Fling
  • Falling for a Knight (The Wild Knights Book 1)
  • Bittersweet (Equilibrium #2.7)
  • A Natural Transition
A longtime culture and music journalist and lifelong music lover, Jacinta Howard lives in the Atlanta area. For years, she's worked as a writer and editor, covering entertainment, art, and pop culture, and the experiences she gained writing about artists, musicians and cultural trends naturally seep their way into her stories. She is the author of new adult, women's fiction, and contemporary roman ...more

Love Always (3 books)
  • Better Than Okay (Love Always #1)
  • More Than Always (Love Always #2)