Start by marking “The Devil's Fire (The Devil's Gate Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Fire (The Devil's Gate Trilogy, #2)

The Devil's Fire

(The Devil's Gate Trilogy #2)

Seeking refuge, Abigail Watson returns home to mend a broken heart, abandoning the city that she has grown to love and the job she worked hard for years to attain.
Life allows for distraction, but it can't bury the past.
Jack Landon has left an indelible mark on her.
A painful scar, a stolen kiss, a memory of what once was, or could be.
Jack is all of these things, and more.
Published August 14th 2015 by Hot Ink Press (first published July 11th 2015)

Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
**** 5 Cranky Stars ****

Where there's smoke...you will find the Devil's Fire.

Abigail is heartbroken.

Jack chose Rose and now she's stuck in limbo.

Jack's hold on Abigail goes soul deep and she feels the only thing she can do is run home. She needs to regroup and find some way to go on without Jack.

Once home she learns more than she ever thought possible. Things aren't always what they seem. The hits just keep coming.

What Abigail thought was reality really isn't and she has to learn to trust not
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Recommends it for: 18+
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Rue Volley
All I have in me right now to say is WOW, that’s it that’s all I have……

Now that I have taken a cold shower and have my senses back, I think I can coherently write a review.

Ms. Volley has outshined herself once again and I must start off by applauding her on her work with this book. It’s extremely fast paced from beginning to end. This author has gotten very sneaky in writing this story. There is one scene and I may never really know for sure, but I wasn’t completely sure if the scene was a dream
Bella Doerres
The Devil’s Fire, Book #2 (The Devil’s Gate Trilogy) by Rue Volley
Abigail has to get away, the memory of Jack is keeping her tied in knots. What she feels for him and their special relationship haunts her days and haunts her nights. The erotic dreams are almost more than she can bare. Abigail hopes that going home will help her leave Jack behind. Now she is faced with a mother that has changed and become more open and more free to life’s experiences. Abigail finds that there are men that want A
Shyla Colt
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tantalizing, provocative, and witty, Devil’s Fire is one hell of a follow up to The Devils’ Gate. Mr. Volley has a way with words. I laughed, I sympathized, and I stayed up way too late turning pages. *laughs. She will suck you into her world and never let you go. Dark, twisted, and all-consuming the connection between Abi and Jack take her down a spiral that has her friends worried. Hell, I was worried. I don’t want to ruin the read, but it’ll make you think, and ask yourself questions. It’ll r ...more
Channing Heater
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished reading this book less than an hour ago. I was given a copy in return for My honest review. So, while I fear I don't have Rue's way with words, here you are.
My heart is still pounding at some of the plot twists. The Devil's Fire is amazing.
I'm familiar with having love hate relationships with characters, and the authors that write them, honestly. But this book takes you on such an emotional roller coaster.
The characters themselves seem so real, I can absolutly see parts of
lovestoread
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Twists, turns and a real surprise ending! Abi and Jack have so much work to do. Abi's mom is a real scream! I love her. Sam is such a hunk! The story definitely brings out the darker side of love and family. Talk about skeletons in a closet. This story was enthralling and managed to surprise me right to the very end. Cliff hanger! I cannot wait for the 3rd one, The Devil's Kiss.
Abbey
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had the wonderful chance to read and review this book!

And I must say Rue out did herself again! I bloody loved book1, and book2 was even better,

Rue is amazing at making you feel for the characters so deeply!

These are the only erotic books I actually read and WOW!!
Kelly Smith Reviews
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: BDSM fans; erotica fans; those new to the genre
When I open an erotica book, I usually know what to expect. As with most other romantic books, they are grown-up fairy tales, and those always end happy. When I first read The Devil's Gate (review can be found here), you'll see how shocked I was at the way the story played out. When I had the opportunity to read and review The Devil's Fire, I jumped at the chance.
I will give one spoiler from the previous book: I had never read an erotica novel where the characters didn't actually have sex! Now,
Maureen Nicholson
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

I enjoyed the first book more than this one. It starts right where the last left off but kind of drags through Abi's recovery from her heartbreak. She has turned down an awesome job not wanting to have anything to do with Jake or anyone associated with him and is working at a coffee shop. She is depressed and decides to lick her wounds from a distance so she leaves NY to visit with her mother and from there things just dragged for me. Yes, her mother was entertaining and their convers
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was provided a copy of this novel by the author/publisher for an honest review.

The Devil's Fire has me longing for a tall glass of Jack! He is a a smooth balm to my soul and sets my heart on fire! This is a MUST HAVE SERIES that will leave you SPEECHLESS!"

And speechless I am! Rue Volley picked up the story right where it ended and it was like a rush of adrenaline. My anticipation for book two was quickly relieved with every word I read. Every trace of my finger over the screen of my Kindle an
Amber Jackson
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Amazing Book

I somehow managed to sit down and read both book one and two in the same day. It may be nearing 4 in the morning, but I got it done. I was absolutely sucked in by the cliffhanger in the first book. I immediately downloaded the second and set to reading. This installment is just as gripping as the first. This story is so full of unexpected twists and turns that it keeps you on the edge of your seat. You may think you know what is coming next, but then something you never expec
Tonya
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this trilogy. You must read them in order. I wish I could give this ten stars. Rue Volley is a must read author. She has a way with her writing that just pulls you in and it won’t let you go even after you finish reading. Her books are unpredictable, just when you think you know what will happen, there’s a twist. And boy are they always great twists.

Abi, with a little push from her friend/boss, goes back home. She needs to get herself together. It’s not simple to move
Cassie
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Love is a dangerous thing."

When Author Rue Volley gives us a story, she give us an amazing one.

Once again, just like a The Devils Gate, The Devils Fire sucks you in. With every in-depth detail, you'll feel like you're inside this book. Rue gives us just enough, but then BAM, we're left open jawed, shocked, and maybe a few nasty word's spewed.

Abigail Watson has returned to her hometown, there is only so much a woman can take, and New York isn't big enough for both her and Jack. Abi has one thi
Claire
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Devils Fire is book two in The Devils Gate Trilogy and once again it does not disappoint. Rue Volley accomplished what all writers who write series books or trilogy books should...making each subsequent book better than the first. I am astounded as to how good this book is, and how masterfully written the characters and story are. The story does contain bdsm scenes and explicit sex scenes ;but never did I feel that any of the scenes weren't tasteful and very well written. This book picks up ...more
Katie Blythe
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LIKED book one…I LOVED book two *some spoilers pertaining to book one*

After Jack broke Abi’s heart she decided that she needed to get away for a while. She goes to stay with her mom in her old childhood home to escape the city and get her head cleared. While she doesn’t want to date anyone for a while her mom on the other hand has changed and wants to experience anything and everything. Her mom just wants Abi to be happy so she pushes her to go on a few dates with some of the locals to help he
W.H.
Excellent!
Holy Cheeseballs!! I am still processing this bodacious installment. Miss Volley has done it yet again... created a world so incredibly fascinating that once I picked it back up, I could not put it down. Well written, fast paced, and easy to read, this is a beautifully twisted presentation of an erotic world like no other.

Abigail is an amazing character, she is a complete mess where Jack is concerned, and Jack, oh man, he is just amazeballs, even with his issues! I laughed a lot at the
Jennifer S
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Devil's Fire continues as if Devil's Gate never ended. The second book picked up right where the first left off. Devil's fire takes you into the history and back stories that Devil's Gate did not get a chance to do. Throughout this book one can get lost in emotion. From anger at the way things end in Devil's Gate to joy and happiness when questions are answered and relationships are repaired, Devil's Fire was a nonstop, OMG read.

Rue Volley takes each character to the next level with her magical
Jessica
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A twisted tale of Love and Hate....
Every character is Awesome. I so want the plot to go one way, then all of a sudden, BAM! What?! What just happened? Your heart sinks of the pain on the next turn.
I really have enjoyed the First and Second book in "The Trilogy" now just waiting on the Third :) Just like the first book in this series, I loved it. The authors of this book must have a lot going on in her head. Her characters must be giving her a hard time. Her books are so full of emotions and acti
Brandy Mulder
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book sucked me in and did not let go. I had a book hang over from this one. I laughed, cried, and celebrated all in one roller coaster of emotions. I highly suggest that you read the first book before this one. It is good by itself but there are things that will not impact you as much if you don't read the first one. Anyone who has had there heart broken by someone that was their whole world will relate to the heart break and depression that Abigail goes through. Her mother is a riot, I lau ...more
Elisha
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Devil's Fire seamlessly picks up right after the first book in the series leaves off. As is not atypical of the incomparable Ms. Volley, we are treated to cold shower inducing scenes almost immediately, but this is in no way a bad thing. Rue Volley has a way of capturing a sexy scenario that does not distract from the plot, dialogue or theme. With scenes as graphic as these, that is a tricky thing to accomplish and still do justice to the story and there is a lot of story here! Is it a roma ...more
Caroline
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rue-volley
Arrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh. I turn and it's the last page! Nooooooooooo. I need The Devil's Kiss right now!
This series is absolutely brilliant and I already know that book 3 in this trilogy will be phenomenal.
I love Rue Volley's writing because it's amazingly smart and creative, full of twists and turns, there's never a dull moment which makes their books impossible to put down.
If I could tell you about The Devil's Fire in one little quote it would be this one:
"Love - in all its ugly glory. For love is
Galina Sulaiman
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! What a freaking ride! I feel like I've been through a meat grinder, all raw! A book that can ring out that kind of emotion from me is definitely worth 5 stars! The book continues where book one left off and the roller continues all of the way through. This book has so many twists and turns you can't get over one thing when bam, another whammy comes! I can honestly tell you that this book is worth the read and the ride!
Emily
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Sign of a good story is one that leaves you with a strong emotional attachment. Even if my emotion in this book is almost entirely WTF. I want to slap Abi for how she treats Sam. It irks me hard! Though the witty, dirty humor has me outright chortling. A very enjoyable read, even if I feel like strangling the author for that last chapter. Things cannot end that way, I will not allow it. Do you read me Miss Rue? Fall cannot come soon enough for the next book release.
Shannon Godwin
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am so totally into these books!! I am a Sam fan though! Would love to see pictures of him!
I love the conversations between Abi & her mom. My heart breaks for Abi especially at the end of the book, but I somehow feel that this is just about her twist that our lovely author is throwing at us.
I can't wait to see what happens next!
Heather Kirchhoff
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. The Devil's Fire is stunning. Amazing. I certainly wasn't expecting a lot of what happened. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect. I felt bad for a couple of the characters throughout the book. I also was surprised by the ending. I absolutely can't wait to see what happens next!
Mizz Kris Curlz
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in 4 hours...could not put it down. I love Volley's writing style! I was shocked and tantalized at every turn. I can't wait for the next book!
S.L. Perrine
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I love this book so much it hurts. I’m in literal tears right now.
I love that there is more of Avery. She reminds me of an over energized puppy. It’s adorable.
I love the humour in this one. The witty remarks, the introduction to the paranormal, and the amazing twist at the end. I’m not waiting even a second to dive into the next one.
Brenda
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book

The Devil's Fire is a great read. I gave it four stars because the coincidences / believability within the storyline were a bit of a stretch at times.
Ana Castro
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Latoya French
Better then the first book, the plot line really started to thicken.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Starblood
  • The Naughty Box
  • Hot Redemption
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Billion Dollar Urge
  • A Deadly Obsession (Seasons of Love, #2)
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • Fading Memories
  • Blood Ecstasy (Blood Curse, #8)
  • Downpour (Ember, #2)
  • Of Blood and Pulse (The Pulse #2)
  • Letting Go  (Letting Go, #1)
  • Storm (Storm Chronicles #6)
  • The Things I Never Said (Damage Control, #0.5)
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend, #0.25)
  • Beg For Mercy (Mercy, #3)
*Voted OUAB Author of the Year of 2018*

Rue Volley is a USA Today Bestselling Author and award-winning screenwriter who is best known for creating compelling storylines with a multitude of twists and turns that leave her readers virtually speechless.

She specializes in paranormal romances that include otherworldly characters who, regardless of their supernatural abilities, feel oddly familiar, or i

The Devil's Gate Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Devil's Gate (The Devil's Gate Trilogy, #1)
  • The Devil's Kiss (The Devil's Gate Trilogy, #3)
“I wanted nothing more than to be frozen in this immortal embrace forever.” 0 likes
“When in distress turn to chocolate. Always chocolate. Trust me.” 0 likes