Start by marking “My Brother's Keeper” as Want to Read:
My Brother's Keeper

My Brother's Keeper

Simon is a six year old boy with autism. He is often subject to throwing fits and tantrums at random times, sometimes lasting for hours. His father committed suicide when he was a toddler leaving the family to fend for themselves. Simon’s own mother is at the end of her rope and not sure what to do with him. The only stable force in Simon’s life is Bobby. Bobby is his twel ...more
Published June 30th 2015 by GutWrench Productions (first published June 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about My Brother's Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Brother's Keeper

Angel Gelique
This story is simply heartbreaking. Six-year-old Simon has autism and is prone to long bouts of screaming fits and tantrums. His twelve-year-old brother has anger issues but is his loyal caregiver and protector. Their mother and sole guardian, Nadine, is fed up with the stress and her lack of control. She has grown bitter and resentful. Drinking certainly doesn't help. So what's a highly frustrated single mother to do?

Child abuse photo: child abuse lol.gif

Nadine unleashes her fury upon her children in horrifying ways. Be warned, th
christina cooper
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Real life horror

This was very hard to read and by that I mean that it was just so sad and difficult to process how a mother could act & feel this way and to make matters worse-this stuff happens in real life! I hope that everyone enjoys this story but Also that it raises awareness about autism and abuse, both mental, physical, and emotional.
Alexandria
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one is another Tim Miller special. Slightly disturbing if you are sensitive to certain things, but no one writes them like
Mr. Miller. No happy endings, ever! Just like real life!
Cassie
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brother's Keeper is a lot different from Tim Miller's other book's, but still teetering on the edge of where he comes from. It definitely has you thinking throughout, that's for sure.

When Bobby, a twelve year old boy is the only thing to protect his autistic brother from their mother and other's, he'll do whatever he has to.

I really enjoyed this book. Like I said, it is different, but all of Tim's book's are. My heart broke for Simon and the way his mother treated him. I wanted to claw her eye'
Frankie Yates
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this story a lot, although it was tough to read and the police officers were very frustrating. The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is the fact that there was a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes that really bugged me and sometimes confused me when the wrong names were used at the wrong time.
Tammy
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I feel strange giving this book 5 stars because it is child abuse at it's worst, but it made me gasp in horror, it made me cry, and I could not put it down until I was done!! Which meant I finally got to bed at 4am and even after I shut off the light I thought about what I had read and I hoped I wouldn't have nightmares!! This book hit home for me which totally unnerved me, but being an adult and not a victim anymore made me appreciate the dark place Tim had to go to write this book. I wanted to ...more
Samantha
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed Tim Miller's writing in each book or anthology that I've read by him. I really liked the idea of My Brother's Keeper as a psychological horror story. This book was intense right from the start and truly a collision of emotions. When Bobby had to leave and Nadine is left alone with Simon, things really took a turn for the worse. There were so many scenes that made me cringe and want to turn away. This book was not lacking in the darkness category. When Bobby and Simon met the other b ...more
Terralyn
Sep 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book has NO redeemable qualities. The description was vague and felt like it could be an interesting read, even if a little difficult due to subject matter.
My Brother's Keeper is disturbing on a level that is unforgivable. I continued to read it in hopes of having some sense of closure with what I had read. That never happened. The book just became increasingly depraved.
I'm sure this was the author's intent. Perhaps some people enjoy reading a book that leaves them feeling like they need t
John Easton
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
While the specific story detailed in this book might be outside most people's experience, certainly the general theme of coming to understand a sibling who is very different is familiar. I embraced the ride and enjoyed where the story was familiar and appreciated even more the episodes that clashed with my understanding.
Tracy Brixey
Sep 04, 2015
Susanne
Aug 05, 2015
Cindy McBride
rated it did not like it
Aug 27, 2015
candace gunn
Apr 17, 2016
April Taylor
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap! Not his usual style, but some how way more disturbing.
marilyn paul
rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2015
Alyssa
rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2015
Tim Miller is a horror author with over 40 books in print in the U.S. and Germany. He lives in Texas which provides him lots of scary locations and ideas to pass on to his readers. His trusty sidekick, a chihuahua named Sancho sits by his side and supervises his writing activities.

Tim is very active on social media and loves interacting with his readers. You can find him at his website at http://t